1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Does Naruto have to be in every filler arc?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by R_Lee86, Sep 27, 2005.

1. R_Lee86

Yeah I know he's the main character, but do you think they could do one without him? He really didnt need to be in the Kiba/Hinata/Shino one and it doesnt really seem like he's needed in the Lee/Neiji/Ten-ten one either. Are they just sticking him in there for the sake of him being the main character?

Tags:
  2. martryn

I agree completely with you. I'm sorta anti-Naruto at the moment because he's being over-exposed. I can only take so mcuh of the idiot, and I've reached about my boiling point.

3. kapsi

I agree. It's like Sailor Moon where the Sailors had their own episodes (say, Ami's ep, then Minako's ep) and fought enemies but Sailor Moon had to bust in and finish them every time. They seemed so useless. I'm scarred for life.

4. Xgamer245

I feel this will end with a random RASEANGAN!!!

5. Deathinstinct

But if he wasn't we wouldn't get to see his growth. Not sure what growth, but it sounds good.

6. rubbereruben

7. SinCreator

They'll get your hopes up in the NEXT filler, where Jiraiya will be spying and gathering information about Orochimaru. You'll think it'll be really cool and see some awesome jutsus, and then:
    "Oh yea, you think you can take me on, the great Jiraiya? RASENGAN!!!"
    And it is at this point, where you will assume fetal position and cry.

8. Jinnai

If he would not end all of the fights with a freakin Rosengan it'd be fine

9. FitzChivalry

*Gives R_Lee86 an incredulous look.*

10. uncanny_sama

well the show is called NARUTO and alll the fillers are about how to get sasuke back
    and NARUTO is looking for..... yes thats right
    Sasuke! 10 points for you

11. Duality

Sasuke is Zelda in Naruto anime.He is by far the most important character given that all the fillers are about him but we never see him lol.Like in Zelda games where we might never see Zelda until the end of the game yet its the most important character with Link the protagonist.

me too lol.When you see a character aaaaaall the time he ends up losing his value as a character and gets boring.Especially in Naruto's case that is an idiot and you know before he opens his mouth how he will react into something and generally what he is gonna say.And anime team makes him so unpredictable in battle.Have he used anything else than Kage-bushin and rasengan?lol

The fillers would have been better without Naruto in them.

12. krzyvietboi2k5

Id hope they make a new show called SASUKE where it would center around sasuke after the betrayal thing. Sorta like a spin-off.

13. martryn

Still doesn't change the fact that Naruto is annoying as hell in the fillers and he hasn't shown any character development. Obviously the fillers are all about showcasing the individual genin teams and so far Naruto has come in and stolen all the glory. The intelligence of Shino and the awesomeness of Hinata kicking ass was robbed by Naruto rasenganing the villain and ruining the entire mission when it otherwise should have been a success.

And even Iruka had some character development taken away in the fact that Naruto practically beat Mizuki and not Iruka, who had every right to storywise.

I hate the filler writers and Naruto the character for doing this to the fans of the lesser characters.

14. Bass

.......I am Bass and I support this topic. :wOOt

Anyway, I find it stupid how they go through such extreme measures to make sure that Naruto gets in on EVERY FILLER MISSION EVEN THOUGH HE'S NOT IN THE SQUAD. :evil

But common sense drop-kicks me and I realized the name of the show. :amuse

15. hakke

16. nah-nah

Well, I don't mind. I just wish they would stop making him the butt of the jokes all the time. Can't they show that he's matured at least a little?

17. Astranagun

18. AstralSky

I really don't mind him. I mean, I guess I just got used to it. I love Naruto (the show) and I will watch it know matter what. It actually didn't really realize he was in all the filler arcs until I saw this post.

19. mayumi

maybe they should stop the fillers. but i haven't really watched them in a while so i have no idea, and he doesn't really annoy me anyway.
    ________

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  20. General Shino

Yeah its annoying..... blahblah...Naruto has a large range of characters.... not just him...

21. Jinnai

Well it makes sense that Tsunade would keep sending him on missions with the other teams, for two reasons:

1) Sasuke is gone and Sakura is training. Naruto doesn't really have much to do.

2) Naruto could train by himself, but going on missions with strong enemies will help him become stronger so he can eventually get Sasuke back.

Then there's also the fact that all of the villains connect to Orochimaru in some way, so maybe they might know something about Sasuke's whereabouts.

22. green tea96

naruto's starting to get on my nerves, the only reason he's there is cuz he's the main character

23. missq

Instead of getting rid of him why don't they just tone down his Sasuke obsession. I like Naruto, but he is starting to get annoying. If they had a filler without him not enough people would watch it unless it was about Sasuke.

24. martryn

I disagree. I think alot of people would watch a Gai's team filler because of the fact Naruto isn't in it. I like to see non-Naruto interaction.

25. Jinnai

Yeah, it would be cool to see what the other teams are like without Naruto around to annoy them. He should've gone training with Jiraiya after the Rice Country arc. Naruto has not really been needed in these past few arcs, except to save Iruka who proved to be totally worthless.

26. icoselitham

Why don't you go complain to Tsunade. She's the one who put him in the mission.

27. Ah B

Hopefully we'll see a change sometime, where it's like, all the genins, EXCEPT Naruto on a mission (which would just be hoping, since this would never happen).

28. Brant Kogasu

hmm... what is the name of the show again. JK

29. CooLMooCoW

I agree that the anime can stand to go through one filler arc without Naruto. But at least the last filler arc and the current one shifted the main focus out of Naruto and more towards the other characters, Hinata and Lee respectively.

30. Baka-san

Duh, it's the name of the series. Not "Rock Lee" or "Neji", it's "Naruto". :)