1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Does Sasuke want any recognition as Naruto's "Supporting Shadow"?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by indrasarrow, Aug 5, 2018.

Tags:

Does Sasuke want any recognition as Naruto's "Supporting Shadow"?

1. yes

8.3%
  2. no

91.7%
  1. indrasarrow Blood Circulator

Naruto gets praised for doing paperwork and other Hokage stuff, whereas Sasuke does not for being the Shadow Hokage who protects Konoha from the shadows. Some Sasuke fans (@Zensuki) blame SP's writing for Sasuke not getting any recognition for his deeds. My question is: does Sasuke even want to have the recognition?

Narutowiki states:
    1. Sasuke changes his mind after he is able to speak to a reincarnated Itachi, adopting some of Itachi's views: he decides to fight for Konoha's future so that Itachi's actions aren't made meaningless and bases his understanding of the "Hokage" around the decisions Itachi made."
    2. Although he fulfills Itachi's wish for him to protect Konoha, doing this from the shadows and investigating the mysteries of Kaguya left unable to spend time with his family, to the point where he failed to even recognise his daughter Sarada.
    3. Although publicly regarded as a hero for his role in the war, Sasuke feels that his crimes and imperfections out weigh anything heroic he has ever done.
    4. During his time as a wanderer, Sasuke was a recluse, keeping contact with people to an absolute minimum [...]. He also sometimes act independently on his own and helps the five nations, but does not even bother to interact with anyone during such instances (Sasuke Shinden & The Last)
    ... which points at the obvious answer that he doesn't want any recognition. Rather he does that to be like Itachi who also protected the village from the shadows (#1, #2) which is sort of comparable to what Jiraiya did as a "Supporting Shadow" for Tsunade--both of them did not want any recognition. He also most likely doesn't feel like he deserves any recognition as he's still atoning for his sins (#3). #4 heavily implies that he avoids publicity to avoid getting recognition.

to me, the answer is pretty obvious: He doesn't want any recognition. What do you think? :catdankv4:

(took this to New Leaf because it's too off-topic in the Sarada FC)

Tags:
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Platypus Advisor

Nah, Sauce just wants to protect the world and his fam. He isn't in it for recognition and people's praises or approval.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  3. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Like you said, its pretty obvious. Sasuke never really cared about what other people thought of him. He never took much care with what he said. He worked with Orochimaru, who he hated and who wanted to kill him. He rarely cared to sugar-coat anything he said. IIRC Sasuke was only really ever dishonest about his intentions and feelings with Naruto and Kakashi. Which was a sign that both of them mattered more to him more that he would like to admit to himself.
    Even back in the academy Sasuke had no interest in the girls fawning over him He never cared about teachers praising him by their mediocre standards (maybe they seemed a bit pathetic considering the height of Itachi's benchmark). He wanted a close bond like he'd had with his family, unlike Naruto wanted fame and respect as well as familial love.

Frankly, Sasuke is probably hated by a lot of people in Konoha and The Land of Iron. He'll always be tarnished by his actions as a terrorist who worked with Orochimaru and Akatsuki. But he knows that he mostly deserves that criticism.

The only way it would bother him would be if Sarade or someone else had been hated by association. Sasuke saw how badly Naruto felt as the outcast in Konoha growing up. If that had happened to Sarade or Sakura, that could be a hell of a guilt trip.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  4. WorldsStrongest Padoru

Canada
    Hes on team good guy now as atonement and to protect his family.

He could give a rats ass about recognition.

...He just wanted to be the best HE KNEW he could be.

In all honesty i highly doubt he even knows or cares that people call him a "Supporting Shadow"

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    Sasuke couldn't care less about recognition or fame.
    Although I don't see any member praising Naruto's paperwork skills.

6. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    it would be out of character for Sasuke to care; one of the defining characteristics is his indifference to the opinion of others.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  7. indrasarrow Blood Circulator

Zensuki's argument was that many in-universe characters praise Naruto for everything he does (including paperwork) but only very few praise Sasuke. He then blamed SP-writing for not giving Sasuke any recognition because they supposedly have an anti-Sasuke agenda.
    Maybe Zen-chan can explain his point of view himself. :uguu

8. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I don't think it was even about being "the best" for its own sake. He only craved power to kill Itachi or have a good enough final battle with Naruto. Those were the two main things that made Sasuke's life meaningful throughout the series. If there was someone else stronger than him that didn't get in the way of Itachi or Naruto, he might not care.

9. WorldsStrongest Padoru

Canada
    I didnt say he wanted to be THE best. I said he wanted to be the best he felt he COULD BE. As in personally.

As long as hes "strong enough" he doesnt really give a shit who else is around him.

10. Raniero 『 』

Nope. Though ironically a Sasuke fan (who recently left this forum because reasons) complained that Sasuke didn't get as much recognition as Naruto, even though that was the point.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  11. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

This guy actually made a thread cause he couldn't post manga panels :mjlol

I got you covered :Mshad

For those out of the loop:

I made a comment in the Sarada FC saying how Sasuke's mission (what he did those many years) should be public considering the very threat has made itself public, thereby giving him recognition.

@indrasarrow tried to make excuses saying Sasuke as a character would be against having his mission publicly recognised:

Cue numerous posts of unfounded BS, ranging from ,Kishi wrote the Last, Adult Sasuke wants to be in the shadow like Itachi, Sasuke's brief appearance in the Last means he wants to stay hidden forever etc

The guy copy and pasted Wiki paragraphs cause he had no manga panels to show Sasuke being against it :drake

As I said before, the only reason Sasuke wanted the mission to be a secret was to stop public panic. He explicitly states that his motivation is a brighter future for everyone and only him being capable:

Now he's saying shit like :rlynigga

Someone can sort through this cause I'm done with this convo :camby

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  12. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

Bull shieeet. :D: Sasuke is a fodder for mind fuckery.

Yeah the ravings of a mad man became his bible. Who kills their own ma and pa?

Better chuck that one up to another glitch. :sag I don't care what those guides/manga say; they spun that motherfucka around to make it fit. The idea of "protecting from the shadows" comes from how Shisui and later Itachi himself lived: self sacrifice...a nameless shinobi who protects peace from within the shadows.

Sasuke's do-gooder proclivities doesn't make him nameless. It even puts a halo on his head.

13. WorldsStrongest Padoru

Canada

Im like 99% sure Sauce outright says he doesnt WANT the details of his mission made public...

Oh wait...Make that 100%

Whether he does this to avoid spreading panic, or any other reason...It doesnt matter...He ACTIVELY avoided recognition of any kind in doing so.

14. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Nah.. I think he just wants to make up for the bad things he's done

15. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

16. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    Oh nothing major just going rouge, attempting to kill all his previous teammates, attacking the 5 Kage, teaming up with Orochimaru and the Akatsuki, planning to destroy Konoha and kill all the Tailed Beasts, you know petty crimes

• Funny Funny x 6
    • Like Like x 2
    • List
  17. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

guy couldn't sleep cause he thought Konoha was laughing at the Uchiha and he almost wasted those Konoha nin for bad mouthing itachi but I think he did mature later and stopped caring about other's opinions

18. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

He might take pride in his heritage which largely revolves around being the strongest clan. He might care a lot for the reputation of those around him. But he still could have given up on his own personal reputation by going rogue. Or maybe he didn't have much personal self-worth and pride because he still saw himself as the little boy, powerless to protect his family from Itachi. And then later as the stupid kid who had just hurt everyone around him chasing revenge.

Or maybe he simply cared less about pride after Itachi's death. I mean he had seen how much trouble his clan's pride had gotten them into, trying to spark a war that would inevitably have gotten the Uchiha crushed. Or he might have taken inspiration from Itachi, who took pride in deeds that he had no intention of letting others know about.

19. Veritas Shiny

Sasuke has always been focused on his goals to the exclusion of anything else. Whether that was getting stronger to defeat Itachi or uncovering the exact nature of the Otsutsuki threat. He's willing to push aside friends and family to accomplish his goals no matter how much he loves them. I doubt he cares at all what people outside of his circle think.

He probably wouldn't mind if his mission was made public as long as there was no longer a need to keep it secret. But I doubt that he would actively seek any public accolades or even mention it without prompting.

Question: I tapped out of the Boruto manga long ago and I'm a teeny bit behind the anime too...

Is the threat really known publicly?

Obviously people know that some scary dudes popped up and ruined the exams... but is it known that they aren't just any powerful enemies, that they are part of a group that scared the panties off the biggest, baddest villain the world's ever seen? A potential world ending threat?

I'm thinking there might still be cause to keep things hush-hush.

20. Ganta Not the Ganta from Narutobase. Stop Hollering PMs.

I think you mean rogue, not rouge(=french for red) Anyhoo, "going rogue" is a pretty dis-tasteful thing to call it: he furthered his training. If that's a crime, then more power to you.

Haruno tried to kill him first, and that's for not getting to fuck his dick, Sasuke acted right quick. WWYD?​

As for Naruto, If he fixates on me that way, that's where I'll draw the line too. :lmao

Kakashi (another non-uchiha) flashed the Sharingan; so to Sasuke, an avenger in his "unhinged" state, it was the last straw. ​

:sniff aw, he gate-crashed their cute summit and attacked 4 Kages that engaged him. That's a bad bad-ass crime. :sag

Then sue Danzo too :lmao

Ohnoki used the Akatsuki
    Sasuke teamed up to use the Akatsuki.

The difference: zero, zip, zilch. :sag

rly? planning? Why not attempted planning? :lmao

Right, destroying nine super weapons he had the reins to is criminal.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 3
    • List
  21. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Zensuki : Sasuke does not get any recognition.

People In FKS : "Sasuke as 12 year old fucking killed fucking Zabuza".

On topic...

Honestly why God tiers would care about what insects tier(Normal humans) think about them?

Its like Z-fighters wanting recognition for their deeds(Even a 9 year Gohan did not cared about that).

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2018
  22. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    You just Grammar Nazi'd and tried to justify all Sasuke's crimes in one post, this convo is over

23. Milliardo G.L.P.

He really didn't give a shit about Naruto until Itachi died. Thats when Kishi did the character change on Sasuke which started the whole Sasuke vs Naruto shit. The fans mainly wanted that garbage.

24. Blu-ray Moderator

It's true that Sasuke doesn't care about people's opinions of him whether they're negative or positive, and praise and accolades aren't something he even remotely cares about, but what Zensuki said has absolutely nothing to do with what Sasuke wants to begin with from what I gather.

He's not arguing that Sasuke wants recognition and isn't recieving it. He's arguing that Sasuke deserves recognition for what he does. You can not care about praise and get it anyway, and not wanting or caring about recognition has nothing to do with whether or not it's deserved.

25. Plexa Well-Known Member

The whole point of being "the supporting shadow" is being out of the spotlight. Just like how Sasuke remembers Itachi as protecting the world without any recognition or acknowledgement for doing so, so too does he intend to cooperate with Naruto without any regard for or influence from external opinions.

26. pat pat Well-Known Member

Then why did he accept to be on a card game? :fatcat

27. Arles Celes The Psychologist

I want Sasuke to be recognized by countless chicks salivating after his D. :hurr

But recognized in the sense as viewing him as a "hero" or giving him some kind of "medal" is...meh. :pek

Sasuke's one defining trait though is how he never gives a single f*ck. He couldn't care less if people love or hate him. :smoke

28. pat pat Well-Known Member

Sasuke prefer to be famous in the underground where he can torture and have SM ( and I don’t mean senin mode :catflower) games with criminals :awesome
    Uchiha are twisted

29. Ignition RΞ –QUIΞM

Sasuke is free to do as he pleases.

• List
  30. Blu-ray Moderator

Who says he did?:catshrug
    Come to think of it, he has reputation where it counts most.:catnoworries