• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Domain-Branding

Which name do you think is better?

• kurenai.com

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • fanverse.org

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • animemanga.org

Votes: 3 42.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mbxx

[b]test[/b]
Administrator
To get a little further for "possible" branding (as in nothing is fixed, raw suggestions, the topic has been haunting us for a while), attached are different three approaches that are seen as hopeful.

Kurenai.com - Popular crimson color, on which you can build a brand around. Fits into Naruto as well.

FanVerse.org - More broadly, fanverse vs converse, own term for fandom taking.

Added,
animemanga.org - The term for anime/manga.

At the end of the day, there is no perfect name (and most is taken). Otherwise, please do not insert alternatives here; especially unchecked domains that are already taken (one of the bigger problems with the search). Of course, if anyone has a suggestion for a name, feel free to share it with the staff. Looking for shorter, easy to remember, more unique names (not XYZ forum).

And its just a vote. If you have questions, feel free to write private message.

Last edited:

Fel1x

Friend of Grummles
fanverse sounds as if it is some kind of battledome website/forum. also no indication that it has something to do with anime/manga

kurenai . well...

is there any other alternatives lol?

Mbxx

[b]test[/b]
Administrator
fanverse sounds as if it is some kind of battledome website/forum. also no indication that it has something to do with anime/manga

kurenai . well...

is there any other alternatives lol?
Since this a geniune question; to add. FanVerse is all around fan culture (the goal). That includes anime/manga in first place too. This is just the first round. But I added another domain in regards to this comment.

Some direction needed here. I personally think fanverse is the perfect choice. Short, own term, catchy, easy ... Fans go to FanVerse to discuss.

Last edited:

Stringer

∟ v a g a b o n d
Make a thread requesting good rebranding suggestions from the community first, and then make a poll. You can't be trusted to make decisions for yourself smh

Mbxx

[b]test[/b]
Administrator
Make a thread requesting good rebranding suggestions from the community first, and then make a poll. You can't be trusted to make decisions for yourself smh
To this answer additional: We did this. 50% of the suggested domains were already taken (for example). The approach was not the so good.

Stringer

∟ v a g a b o n d
To this answer additional: We did this. 50% of the suggested domains were already taken (for example). The approach was not the so good.
What about the ~50% that weren't already taken, is there a list still available somewhere?

girafarig

@RAGING BONER's no. 1 fan
What about the ~50% that weren't already taken, is there a list still available somewhere?

for example, i made the following suggestions (and i did check their availability):

lafftale.com (because one piece)

zaruland.com (an oldtimer should understand this one)

girondia.com (japanese for 'debate'+suffix)

torondia.com (ditto)

shieldbounce

Just keep the original name. We're pretty much used to this site being called NarutoForums at this point, and the site/forum layout suggests that the topic of Naruto is a big part of what makes up this forum anyways :catshrug

Mbxx

[b]test[/b]
Administrator

for example, i made the following suggestions (and i did check their availability):

lafftale.com (because one piece)

zaruland.com (an oldtimer should understand this one)

girondia.com (japanese for 'debate'+suffix)

torondia.com (ditto)
These were unique names -> That is for use. But fairly unpopular and unknown too. And very complicated.

Mbxx

[b]test[/b]
Administrator
Just keep the original name. We're pretty much used to this site being called NarutoForums at this point, and the site/forum layout suggests that the topic of Naruto is a big part of what makes up this forum anyways :catshrug
The point is gaining more traction. Its not like we lose the old domain.

Interesting is point here is: Why you think that domain suggestion is not good or another better.

Catamount

Uncaged
You gotta be shitting me. Do you really own both animemanga.com and .org? Since 2002?

Also fanverse reads like fanservice. Not exactly the most universal attraction point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom