1. Stop Scrolling! We changed our address to narutoforums.org

Please add the URL to bookmarks on your PC and phone.

More details can be found here. Feel free to ask any question.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Give your waifu the ultimate gift - being crowned the most popular waifu on NF by helping her win in Senjou’s “NF Waifu Popularity Contest”

Feeling extra confident? You can now bet on your Waifu as well for fun forum prizes here

Come on with everything your waifu does for, you should do this for your waifu.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Arcade is hosting " The 2017 Arcade GOTY Awards "

Click here to know more ᵔ.ᵔ .
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Greetings and Welcome to the forums! Please we ask you to lose some of your time and take a look at our " Beginners Guide " that contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun around - NF staff

Click here: " Begginers Guide " .
    Dismiss Notice
  6. It's time to vote for " The 2017 Ohara Awards "✍

❆ Click here to know more ❆
    Dismiss Notice
  7. "Check out the latest edition of the NF Newsletter."

Click here .
    Dismiss Notice
  8. !(☆`ω゚) The New Year comes with a battle, come and join the first ever Naruto Forums Post Rush:

~New Year Post Rush~
    Dismiss Notice
  9. You ever wanted to feel the rush of watching some totally whacky anime but missed it? A once-in-a-lifetime event? Now's your chance to participate in it, grab some popcorns and :

Join the NF Community Watchalong: Kill La Kill event ʕ•̫͡•ʕ•̫͡•ʔ•̫͡•ʔ
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Come be part of another forum event:

❣ Mafia section is hosting " The 2017 Mafia Awards " and is calling the community to become part of the event.

Click here to know more
    Dismiss Notice

Doomfall (5e IC)

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by Cardboard Tube Knight, Jan 6, 2018.

1. P-X 12 State Alchemist

Seavan got up from his chair and quickly looked through his own pack before leaving alongside the others. He sighed as he made his way outside; he had to bite his tongue as he heard Valenté talk ill of Moira and blabber through what he could only assume was a diatribe against the lower class. "Oh no, that's . . . definitely the only time I've heard that before."

Simply shrugging it off, he listened to the information from others as they all began to move out. He turned to the tall bronze-skinned man and the massive red-haired woman as they began to introduce themselves to the black-scaled and strangely courteous dragon man.

"Name's Seavan Rinksed," he said to the other two. "And I've met with Miss Morgernstern in the past. Unfortunately, I've not a clue as to just what kind of past she has with our hirer. Though if you were to ask, I'd suggest you do so during our travels. Perhaps over a drink." Seavan quickly checked his things once again. "Speaking of, I may need to buy one once we get back."

2. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

Rosie thinks... she never introduced herself. "Rosie Milliard, Cleric of Rao the god of Peace, Reason, and Serenity."
    She shows a simple white medal pendant in the shape of a heart representing her faith, she almost trips as she does so.
    "Etetetet..." She manages to catch herself. "Phew... I'm here to make sure there isn't a violent resolution to this situation and to treat any injuries along the way. I hope you all take care of me as I cannot fight."

3. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

"This one is...just Anwar." His accent marked him from one of the world's tribal bands. With his strange tattoos, most scholars, outlanders or travelers could probably guess it for a Sumanarii accent. He scratches the back of his head, adopting a crooked smile. "...heh. I dance." Taking stock of Seavan's suggestion, the acrobat turned to Moira suddenly. "...oh, aye. What is your history with this man, if you are willing to give the story? This thing may also be useful in what we are wanting to know..."

4. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

((Will be mostly AFK today but I'll chime in while I can))

Andi listened to the others with interest at first, debating whether to chime in or not. Finally when he found a moment he chirped in his two coppers. "Mel Sawyer," he lied. "Been runnin' messages and odd jobs around the city for most of my life. But I been waitin' for the chance to do more." He paused and his cheerful face darkened slightly for the next, "haven't been outta the city in a long time though, not sure what to think there." The last, at the very least, was the full honest truth.

"Anyway, I'm quick on my feet, and know to be quiet when I need to be. Half o' running messages is making sure they are delivered at the right time. Doesn't do to interrupt people when they're busy." His cheer returned quickly enough. This was, after all, his big chance, he wasn't going to waste it with worries.

5. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

"Well, let us hope it doesn't come to violence, Miss Rossie" she said it as if she didn't believe it herself, but gave Rossie the benefit of the doubt. "And yes, we will do what we can to defend you... but please do stay at the back if there's any danger. I won't be responsible of any reckless behavior" she warned Rossie and also Mel.

6. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

Vor nods in approval, "Glad to meet your acquaintance." He turns to Moira as well, "He is right, we do need all honesty at the table, so we can understand any..." he searches for the right word in common, "Complications, that come in to play." The dragonborn ranger seems content with his word choice, keeping the pace with the others, eyes unable to hide his excitement.

7. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

"Don't worry about me," Andi said with a smile. "I'm pretty much an expert at staying out of trouble," maybe not as much as he'd like, but that was certainly the plan at least. "And I've had my share of encounters with toughs before, the streets aren't always a kind place. I might not know much about monsters, but I'm not helpless."

8. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

Rosie smiles "Sarah, let us do more than hope. Hope is but the building block of peace. Effort, Cooperation, and patience win over all things." She squeezes her holy symbol of Rao as she makes sure she's at the back, she didn't want to give the others trouble.

Rosie looks to the small child Andi "They aren't kind... Can you show me these streets? I wish to have them be kind, so you don't worry at home or when you walk somewhere. The world should be kind to a child at the very least."

9. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

Andi looks up at Rosie with a curious, and almost amused, expression apparently considering her a moment. After a moment he replies, "the world simply is. Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing depends on a bit of luck and a lot of what you make of it. The gods might give help here and there but by in large they either ignore most folks or expect you to work with what they've already done."

He pauses a step, as if listening to a voice that isn't there. You really believe that, do you? That the world would be so cold? You might not be the naive child you pretend to be but your view is very narrow in perspective.

He ignored it and completed his response, "If you really want to meet the wrong types, just take a walk after dark one cold night in the direction of town that has the fewest cook-fires. They'll find you sure enough."

10. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

"On a dark night in a place with the least cook-fires? I'll be sure to give them a talking to." Rosie nods to herself.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2018 at 10:38 PM
  11. Cardboard Tube Knight I feel a strange weight pushing down on my body

Before leaving the town Anwar makes an attempt to ask around the town about the Lord's son and the woman that he has run off with. There's a strong sense that most people don't want to address any questions directed at them about one of the city's top ranked officials. Perhaps something is going on, but it's hard to really get a sense of what's going on.

A young half Elven woman with a baby on her hip seems to be in a hurry, she hears Anwar inquiring about the little Lord and his new wife.

"Oi, I seen them. Though not like it's any secret what's happening. You'd be hard pressed to get an answer down here because too many of them are worried about messing up their money," she says as she says side to side with the baby resting on her lap. The child's large eyes search the party with a look of wonder.

"Now I have to go. He's gotta get fed and unless one of you wants to offer up a tit..." she mutters something else under her breath and is gone.

12. Cardboard Tube Knight I feel a strange weight pushing down on my body

The part heads into the mountain pass north of the city, you pass under the shadow of a giant sword left over from the last battles of the war against Atropus. The massive weapon has aged to the point that it might as well be part of the mountain range itself.

As the party walks they converse and introductions are made. It becomes quickly clear that there wasn't much need for anything that Moira's doing. If the Lord's son ventured out here he couldn't have gone on but one path. The boy is said to not be remarkable in any sense, especially not athletically.

You're on the road for a few hours when you reach your first real vista. Behind you the town sits shrouded by the shadow of the weapon near the sparkling sea.

It's midday now, does the party break for lunch or press on hoping to get some extra time?

13. WorkingMoogle Well-Known Member

Andi becomes more quiet as they leave the town, eyes on alert looking around. Any appreciation for the view is clearly overwhelmed by the discomfort being outside the safe walls of the city. Still his short legs have a lot of energy to them and other than a touch of paranoia he seems in good spirits.

"I'm fine with pushing on, we can eat while we walk," he says when the idea of lunch is brought up. "Better to catch up as quickly as possible so we can make our return, dallying in our task will just be asking for trouble."

14. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

"I agree, best to keep moving." He nods in agreement with Andi.

15. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

There's a curious, and at least partly suspicious, look to the Sumanarii as the half-elven woman. He scratches the back of his neck slowly, but shrugs his shoulders affably

Anwar is an upbeat traveling companion; he's full of odd humor and comedy from different lands and cultures (in Common), complete with the accompanying accents. "Aye, let's keep up and keep going."

16. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

Offering a breast is something she would have done if she was of that age and ability, but she wasn't. So she let the half-elf woman go about her business. Maybe she'd come back later to help her out?

The monument to violence made the cleric frown. The sword was impressive for sure, but for all the wrong reasons.
    She moves on up the path with the others glancing at the nature they pass with interest. After a while she felt like she shouldn't be walking without a break. But the others seemed to want to press on, she shouldn't hinder them.

Rosie usually took to a wagon on the roads and tended to others instead of walking so much and it showed. Her breath is heavy.
    "I can... Keep moving." She has to stay strong for others. If she wasn't what point was there to being a priest of Rao. Small talk should help. "So... who here likes um... Butterflies? Insects, that sort of hobby?"

17. P-X 12 State Alchemist

Seavan takes a moment to marvel at the massive sword in the distance. "Good god, what a weapon. Wonder what kind of behemoth wielded something that enormous." He shifted his bag as he said "I'm fine with continuing onwards."

Seavan looked over to Rosie as she struggled to keep up with the others. He felt for her; he could tell that she wasn't acclimated to travel like him and the rest of the group. "You look like you could use a lighter load on your back." He grabbed her things and placed it on his back. "Let me help you out." He handed her his waterskin. "Take some. I insist."

18. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

Rosie hands the over forty pound pack to Seavan and takes a deep breath of relief. "I must than you then Sir Seavan; it's rare to see a gentleman these days." Rosie takes the waterskin from him daintily and drinks softly from with 3-4 gulps before handing it back.
    "I will return the favor however I'm able." She bows a massive amount of weight off her back for now.