1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Come join the KCC Haiku Contest -- Summer!
    Entries due by August 17th at 2:30 PM UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

DOTA PRO Only plz!!

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Orochimaru-Kun, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Orochimaru-Kun

what is the hero that u pick in a game and ur sure that u will Kick ass in em

each one pick a (agility-intelligence-strength) and each faction

(Sentinel-Scourge)

OK here is my pick so u guys can understand

Scourge

Strength : Chaos knight

Agility : Netherdrake

Intelligence : Litch

Sentinel

Strength : Beast master

Agility : stealth assasian

Intelligence : Silencer

So tell me yours??​

Tags:
  2. Duy Nguyen

Scourge: Skeleton King/Doom Bringer, Gorgon/Terrorblade, Demon Witch

Sentinel: Panda, Anti-Mage, Chen

I don't really believe in your best hero. If you can't rock it with your teammate and follow orders, you're worthless in DoTA.

3. RockLee

I don't have any favorite heros, really, but!

Scourge: Lucifer, Terrorblade, Demon Witch/Lich
    Sentinel: Rogue Knight, Troll, Rhasta.

Lucifer with 3 perse and a Midas. After that, it's too late.

Last edited: Sep 30, 2006
  4. Aecen

Balanar (Strength)
    Banehollow (Agility)
    Necrolyte (Int)

Sentinel
    Earthshaker (Strength)
    Anti-Mage (Agility)
    Tinker (int)

Im best with tinker, virtually unkillable if played right. Also love anti mage.

5. Orochimaru-Kun

Guys don't u think some of ur heroes are.....really weak

I mean lets check it out 2gether

Duy: u picked Doom bringer ...why.. i mean hes good at the beginning hes a good grinder (level) ability is very strong beside the (DOOM) ability in the beginning is way good
    but at the late middle of the game u will be completely useless in the matter of fact ur (DOOM) ability will be used for Silence thats all
    so its a bad choice (from my own perspective..dunno about yours)

Rock lee : DUDE ...TROLL!!?? why wold some 1 pick Troll in a 5-vs-5 Advanced game he will be really easy catch

i mean if ur in the mid..what u will face is Litch and he doesn't need 2 hit u so u can put the (Miss) spell on him he will give u his nova until u cry back 2 mommy base lol

if u will be down TRUST ME u will be the target u gonna be the lowest damage the lowest HP so if 2 gonna attack u UR DEAD as simple as this

Aeccen : i dunno man but there is 2 things i wold like 2 ask about

A- banehollow i guessed it was a strength hero...how come u picked him as an agility
    B- if u picked him as a strength hero ok hes real good in assassination so fast so strong in the beginning hes good at harassments...but..at the late mid of the game when the opposite team attack 5 at mid...what wold u do??
    u cant just jump on them and attack em all(same thing on spirit breaker)

thats a thing the other thing if ur Tinker u can kick the hell of an ass on the agility's but what about the strength...u will be destroyed by them
    and trust me the (spam rockets) does not effect at the mid of the game
    besides ur Hp is low-ur armor is not that much and u gonna relay on ur mana

so tell me what u guys think of what i said?

6. Cardboard Jewsuke

Every hero can be played well, with the right team and builds, just some are easier to play well with, and some at alot better when played well with then others. If you go to an average game (pubbie or private) you will see, mostly the Str. hero's are feared. they are the big angry ones who can tkae a beating, and really mess you up late. and thye dont need to rely on teamwork as much as other hero's out there. Once you get into high level clan games, you will see it is all about the stuns, and silencer. There is a reason Furion is picked sentinal side pretty much every tourny match, and silencer is an insane solo lane guy. and recently found to be the perfect counter to Bane.

I personally dont know who is sentinal/scourge off the top of my head, cause i random almost every game, but my favorites of each type would have to be.

Intel: Furion, teleport is the best skilll in game, bar none. and a 5 second stun against many hero's.
    Agility: PA, cant be stopped by anything late game. even Niax.
    Str: Tauren, definately. so many stuns it's sickening

Ok, now it's time to try and decipher WTF orochimaru wassaying, since it looks like he tried to type with his genitals.

Guys don't u think some of ur heroes are.....really weak

Lucifer is not a crazy good hero, no stuns and noly a single target silence hurt him. But as you said, he rocks just about everyone early game, and is great at dening. and even late he is a good meat shield for your other hero's. THough you would probobly be better with Tiny or Pudge

Holy shit dude, i cant even understand what the fuck you just put, but i will tkae a guess. All i got was troll sucks and somethign about a "litch" which i will assume is Lich.

Umm... troll is incredible. Watch a decent troll permastun you into submission then come back.

Lich is a good hero, but if you are getting his by his nova as a ranged hero, something is wrong. A troll can use his blind to slow the lich down, and farm up 2 bashers in no time. then it just takes some tricky moves and you have a dead lich.

umm... i think bane is str, but anyhow, he has a group damage increase, that is only rivaled by Venge's passive. He also has a faster base speed the nalmost anyone else in game, and with ult can chase anyone you can think of, and does enogu hdamage to drop them real fast. In a 5 man push, you should have 4 or 5 on your side, and hte damage buff alone can be what makes that fight. then in wolf form he can chase down any straglers.

Lazer = blind = good against str hero's. and his march of hte machines is a massive pushing ability. you have a wierd way of critiquig hero's. the ones mentioned here are all pretty good, if you are looking for some junky ones, there are plenty others out there.

Let me finish by critiquign your favorites as randomly negativly as you did others.

Chaos Knight has a stun.... and can chase... ok. When you get the full duration on his stun he is useful, but thats about it. I dont like having to really on a 1/3 chance to kill someone. beyond this, it does such pitiful damage that it is useless early and mid game. His only really good skill is his ultimate, and it is very situational

Netherdrake? That is funny as hell, because you just called out Lucifer for being useless late game, and his only decent ability was his silence. well this is the same thing. Netherdrake's only ability is to get kills from level 6-11 with hsi ult, then he becomes crap compared to most other hero's.

"Litch" or Lich as people like to correctly refer to him, is a good hero i cant discount. ultimate denier, with a great nuke, and a gank stopper. one of the best hero' out there.

Bestmaster sucks, atleast they made his axes worth somethign finally. His only good ability is his hawk. thats about it.

Stealth Assassin, Wards = you lose. If you play alot of pubbies where your enemies dont get wards, then i can seee why you liek him, but in real games he is crappy, and clinkz is no better.

Silencer rules.... atleast you made good intel picks.

Last edited: Oct 2, 2006
  7. Orochimaru-Kun

Ohh...every time some kid a hotshot wannabe wanna have a piece of me

So lets get started

Other than my spelling charactar names by mistake (witch is u don't remember
    most of them coz ur 2 pro that u play -AR) I guess all what you said is full
    with crap...so lets check them out

Humph ....I don't remember ever some 1 get (Stunned) by Furion I guess he
    (Trap) them witch is a disadvantage in a lot of ways

1- If its S-breaker he would be more than glad 2 send u 2 your trap and
    break them on your neck or at least charge you and VOILA he's un-trapped

2- not that low chance that you and your opponent will be trapped together

3- if I have the V-spirit ill be more than glad 2 send u back where ur trap
    is (and abt the ability V-spirit gonna use because it's fast c.d and low
    mana cost)

4- If I have Pudge you'll be sitting next to me I assure you that.

5- Sand King he will join u as soon as u trap him.

6- Tiny will deliver his stun too (With its with damage unlike you) and he
    might get lucky and throw you on your own trees (and trust me....tiny is
    that lucky)

Dude I can go over and over with theories about how your (STUN) sucked but
    let's just drop it and move on.

PA?? do u mean Phantom assassin ?? dude are u sireos?? Naix??
    what is wrong with u
    those 2 ppl are really good really really good but if u bought them like
    EVRYTHING

but in the begging of the game and we notice that some1 took this hero

this is our chance 2 level up on him

those 2 are power leveling project in the begging-mid-and if they didn't
    bought a Super stuff in the end...they will suck 2

tauren : the best choice u ever made...good stunner u can do alot of tactics
    with him and he can get along with alot of combos

well iam sorry sir for not spelling the name right but i guess i know how 2
    write (something)

Dude you're comparing a standard agility VS a standard intelligence??

I am ready anytime any day any week to have a 1vs1 against anyone who'd play
    with troll against me with lich (don't worry I won't challenge u coz after
    what u sayed...ur not even in my league nor in the ppl who wrote these
    replays as well)

who sayed that he can catch any hero
    1- s-breaker
    2-balanar

he cant trust me they will give him a (DOTA MAP TOUR) if they have 2

ok let him lazer tiny when
    all he needs is 2 abilltys and hes stringth

Let me finish by critiquign your favorites as randomly negativly as you did
    others.

humm.. a stringth hero who got stun:frm 2 secounds (witch is the standard
    stun 2 most of the heros) -4 secounds

Blink and a critical strike

and his ultimate that he can take down any 1 whos hard 2 enage (sutch as if
    he had an evasion or a bash)
    also so effective on towers and pushes

the only weakness he had is 2 things

1- His lack of mana
    (- hes random damage which is from 46-76 (witch is kinda hard to deny or
    make a last hit at a creep)

and these 2 things u can fix at the mid of the game with few bracers and
    some + to attributes

u dont know nothing abt this guy

Drake is one of the best solo heroes of the agility class (he, sniper and
    Bone Fletcher are the best)
    he's a hell of a damage dealer and he can absorbs damage as well he got a
    long range and he got a hell of an armor -according 2 be an agility- and
    trust me if ur stupid enugh 2 relay on his Ultimate as a killer ur mistaken
    (hope ur not :amuse )

i remmber u sayed that Tinker with his laster is very good against strength
    ok let him face this guy and lets see

he gain 20% attack speed eatch hit until hes 100% faster!!

he got axes that gives 180 damge if it hits u once goin...but what if its
    came back at u 2...how mutch wold u lose?? u can make a hurrasment and grind
    money with it at the same time

hes ultimate is 2 stun u for 4 seconds and deals 300 damage

doesn't sound logical enugh

For the record and to prove once again how noobish can you can be, Riki is
    the only stealth hero that you cant disable even with true sight .

He got:
    Smoke screen : witch is and AOE silence and 70% miss

Backstab: which he's going to use escape the smoke because you'll give him
    your back and he can take 1x of riki`s agillity (so the armor doesnt count).

Blink strike: which deals 120 extra damge if hes facing Riki but if he's not
    he will get the 1x agillty as well.

So these are the wonderful abilities of Riki without the stealth, which by
    the way some people don't take till lvl 11 ;)

So I replied at all what you said and proved to everyone that you're wrong.

And when I curtsize anyone I'll do it politely with all the respects.

Not as you did my friend.

And by the way if anyone has any objections on
    my theorys ill be more than glad to prove it to him by battling him
    1vs1

But remember to put your money where your mouth is.

8. Kayo

I just came here from playing Dota lol =)
    I usually play good with all of the heroes, so I don't have any directly favourites.

9. Jotun

Lol, Orochimaru please try to calm it down. Almost every hero has his advantages. Troll owns and if you haven't seen permastun with him I am sad for you. SA is not impossible to disable, last time I checked you can walk out of the smoke. It seems like alot of your opinions are based on 1 v 1 battles which isn't really DotA. DotA is about teamwork. So if SA smokes me, my buddy can still sheepstick his ass and we kill him right after. Furion does not suck, there are so many possible item builds with that hero that it isn't even funny. If you do not recognize the 5 second disable as being godly and very helpful in team battle I don't know what to say to you. Not to mention his ult can do some good dmg if placed right. He is one of the coolest heros to gank with.

I agree that BST is not as good as some of the other heros. His axes are really only early game and the attack speed boost is nice, but if you move or get interupted you have to start all over. His ult is really good, it even works on Naix's Avatar. But still, there are alot of heros I would choose over BST.

Viper does not lose his usefulness late game, Maim+Poison+Frenzy and the right items and your dead or your team catches up to the hero.

Also keep in mind that in EM games, there are some heros that are rendered useless because of the pace of the game.

Anyways, for Scourge:

AGL: Between Viper, Venomancer or Void. I really don't like using Naix because he is so IMBA that it bothers me.

STR: Bewteen Sand King, Axe and Lycan.

INT: Queen of Pain-Pugna-Obsidian-Prophet-Witch Doctor

(I love intel heros)

Sentinel:

AGL: Vengeful-Drow-Sniper

STR: Centaur, although I used to love Earthshaker.

INT: Jakiro, double dragon, is hands down my favorite intel in the game. Although his ult gets useless imo late game compared to other heros skills. I really rarely lose a game when I get him.

I play ArEm btw, I feel that alot of idiots play Ap. Plus it is usually the same imba heros getting chosen with bashers and crap and your teammates are usually really retarded. The same thing happens in Ar with your teammates, but at least the hero choice is fair.

10. Cardboard Jewsuke

Atleast someoen with some sense, I guess you are correct about viper, but i pretty much agree 100%.

I dont play EM games unless i cant find a real one. It's a corny mode that i only like for the space gold you get at the begniining. the amount of incresed XP and gold otherwise ruins what is a normally well baplanced game.

I also dont play DM, but thats jsut personal prefrence.

Niax's primary stat is Str, even though his agility is like twice his str, he is still a str. hero.

I am not a big fan of Obsidian, banish is ok, but he has one of the weakest ults in the game IMHO. onyl really useful in a match with lots of other casters on your team for good organizations.... but in that case, most the other int hero's you mentioned are better.

Sniper is very overrated since he got nerfed a few releases ago. Jakiro is good, though i never really learned to play with him well, as i find his only stun (the ice beam) kinda junky. His one saving factor for me, is his crazy high str. ratign for an intel hero.

I play mosty -AP and random. I love the extra gold, and dont sweat going against most hero's. Bashers onyl really hurt on a couple hero's, and now ALchemist cant even use them well. (even though he is yet to be tourny legal)

the new Warlcok is pretty damn good to.

To Orochimaru, you seam to have all your evaluations come from 1v1 games (obviously from your challenge at the end) if you play anythign less then a 4v4, i dont respect your opinion.

gotta go, will continue later.

11. jkingler

one piece 277 - 278 part 6 of 6 adc english sub

:oh

12. Darts

The fact that you play em already determines that you are not a pro. so stop calling others noobs.

Doom useless? Its only the longest silence ability in game. All you need to do is doom the opposing team's team disablers such as magnus/enigma and they will run back to fountain.

Doom is also one of the only heroes that could kill basically any full health hero with 2 nukes once he hits level 6. Dominate early game and there WONT even be a late game. Not the best choice but bad? lol Doom>Beastmaster anyday.

You obviously have no idea how strong his ult is. Think outside of his own skills.(laser,missile,etc)

And I find your contradictions highly amusing. When someone suggested PA, you tell them everyone will go after him in the beginning. What about CK and SA, your 2 pro choices?
    edited, misread it as PL. :(

Lastly, your challenge. You are a cocky one so I'll just tell you straight up. Do you understand why it even says 5v5 at the suggested players column in the map info? Because it IS a team game. Even if you are the good 1v1 player(I doubt it), nobody will care. Find 3-4 friends and I'll glady teach you that you are far away from being a pro.

13. Aecen

Doom is great early/mid game, the idea is to get lots of kills and farm so you will out gear your enemies late game. His doom is a sick silence to, making casters useless, and scaring away most players.

Tinker is a god, period. Build him right and he wont die. With travels he becomes a pushing god that no one wants to deal with. He will push the entire game, making you always have to return to your base to defend. He can have perma hex if he has the mana, and his MoM in a team fight is discusting. And now something that makes him complete is linkens spear, making nearly every int hero compeletly useless when he has the mana to support it. Throw in a manta and he wont die, unless some serious mana burn happens.

About bane, mybad a minor mistake. But hes the best chaser (balanar is close) in game, with his wolf form and BKB, no won should ever get away from you alive if they run, period. Just hang back, let your str heroes go in first, than run in after your prey.

Finally to fix my bane mistake, to replace him i'd pick the Nerub. Weaver. He can become a pain to kill, and if farms does some insane damage.

14. Jotun

Ya. Sniper is basically a KS machine, but sometimes I get lucky in Pubs :p
    Jakiro is crazy especially with his passive.

The extra gold is the only reason I love randoming.

I can't seem to stick a real build on Alchemist. I only get double vanguard and kite around XD

I have yet to actually use Warlock, I don't think I would be good with him initially either.

Jking, that Video was awsome :)

15. Cardboard Jewsuke

Warlocks slow is pretty junky, butthat infernal is killer. Once he hits 6, he becomes about hte best pusher save keeper. and his nuke is one of the most versitile out there.

Get him a Refresher, and his ult is nuts.

Also, if you guys were interested in good hero's, go check out the last big DOTA tournies and the teams used in the matches. Pretty much every one is a team of 4 intel hero's, and one other guy. Furion, Lich, Lina, Bane (not Lycan), and Silencer are choosen almost every game. I think Tauren was the only str hero picked out off all 6 final matches. and Clinkz was one of the only agi ones chosen. Which is interestng since he is concidered a very weak char.

One thign i find suprising is noone said Chen. He has a great slow, a nice team ability in his nuke, and all types of versitility and power in his domination. He also has crazy high damage for a ranged intel hero, which makes creep dening easy as pie.

16. Aecen

Interesting on your last point, at times it seems really hard for, lets say 4 int heroes, to overpower something like 4 str heroes. All tho all that disable could do the trick.

17. Jotun

It takes alot of teamwork to make that work. A team of random strangers wouldn't normally be able to handle something like that imo. You just work better with friends. Tauren is an understandable choice along with the int. Stunning and chaninging the area along with unilimited disables rock.

I don't really like using Chen because I feel I don't use him right. Like using creeps I mean.

18. Orochimaru-Kun

my friend GOKO what i sayed is not that who is the BEST hero in DOTA

i sayed who is the best hero u can play with and .KICK ASS with it

any ways i sure respect ur opinions and the way u deliver it 2 us

thanks alot :)

19. CrazyMoronX

"Pro only"? So, how much money do you make playing DotA?

20. Orochimaru-Kun

In the matter of fact O-distroyer is the Biggest Damge dealer in Dota now
    and by the way...no 1 use the banish any more :amuse

looool jakiro is one of the easiest heros...the only catch is how 2 mange 2 get as heros as u can with ur (Ice beam) witch is kinda hard how u deal with it but once u do...u can make a good combo on them
    this guy is a money maker,good abilitys (specialy his ultimate witch is he can take off a 5 heros attack)

first of all most my games are (-LM,-AP) and the way how i explane the heros is so i can make u 2 understand the makanism that I play with
    and most of my heros are Solo heros (such as Viper,Lich and silencer)

and secound of all do u think i give a damn about ur opinions or what u respect or u dont

i just quote ur (Tactics) so ppl dont fall in ur mstakes...thats all

and if u wanna a challenge ... just bring it.. and dont worry ill post the video of the game myself so u dont have 2 bother urself :amuse

21. Jotun

Orochimaru, you were talking about Em in your first Post, you never mentioned LM. And when I use Obsidian I still use Banish O.o.

And I did post there heros I kick ass with.

The fact still stands that your opinions come from a Solo Hero experience, which DotA clearly is not meant for.

22. Duy Nguyen

I thought this was a personal best discussion not some random rant on who's the best in what situation. Also what is up with all of this theory fighting, saying "oh Spiritbreaker beats Furion for free because he can charge out" and this hero sucks because this hero can beat him, I mean come on guys...theory fighting are for noobs and scrubs.

23. Jotun

Which is exactly what the majority is trying to correct from Oro's approach :eek:

Btw thanks for posting your own set of bests :huh

24. Kayo

The hero doesn't matter, you can beat Naix with Zeus in the late game if you got skills.

25. Orochimaru-Kun

the replays i was replaying were about our retarded friend and it has nothing to do with u guys nor the thread itself

if u wanna look at my opinion just cheack out my main post

26. Zaru Retired Staff

A DotA thread... damn I should not even start flaming DotA, as I am not pro enough to contribute to this thread 8(

27. laughingman

Silencer and Lich are a must for sent and scourge. I like Siren and Sven/Centaur for disable. Sand king is good for scourge. Then get Veno or Viper.

Phantom assasin and N'aix suck shit for any serious games. You can pwn with them in pubs, but they have no lane control and get beat up early game. League games end before they become useful at all.

28. Cardboard Jewsuke

And Obsidian only gets massive damage wise if you let him farm up intel and mana like a fiend. Any decent deny cripples him, as an int hero without a respectible stun.

His ultimate is overrated, anyone who can dodge KotL should be able to evade this attack.

he does farm well, agreed. But there are so many other better intel hero's out there, that it isn;t worth it. If you want to farm, get keeper or a str. hero.

You seam to whine and bash alot for not caring. And i have yet to see you prove your worth to be trash talking so much, please put up some ownage video. I would be very interested in seeign one.

I am on US East under "Draffut" or "TobiisObito" fairly often. if you wish for a game, feel free to wisper me.

Umm... almost every Melee hero suffers those problems in league play. They just cant do anything about a Silencer or Lich who knows how to deny. this is why, you almsot never see mroe then 1 melee hero on any team in league play.

29. Orochimaru-Kun

this guy is realy a mentaly retarded omg..

30. Cardboard Jewsuke

Interesting, indeed.