1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Dr. Stone

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Proxy, Mar 2, 2017.

1. Proxy .

by Inagaki Riichiro (Eyeshield 21) & Boichi (Sun-Ken Rock)

Read the first chapter here.
    Post will be updated with additional info.​

Tags:
  2. Aruarian Well-Known Member

Just saw this on MangaStream, too. Those two authors definitely caught my eye.

3. MysticBlade The one and only truth

Eyeshield was dope, will have to check this out.

5. Kusuo P Well-Known Member

6. Keishin Well-Known Member

The story seems very basic for a survival manga that it will turn into but the character designs themselves are very good in comparison to cage of eden or such.

7. Proxy .

As a fan of both Eyeshield and Sun-Ken Rock, I have high hopes for this.

8. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    The Trump page was hilarious :lmao

Interesting concept. Being stoned for so long must've suck.

But unfortunately I got turned off by a few things, like how the MC only cares about the one girl but not anyone else, the power of boner is stronk in this one :doge, MC is as generic as it gets. I get it's not a psychological manga, and it's a shounen manga, but come on lol.

9. Aruarian Well-Known Member

Read SKR, you'll appreciate any plot after that.

10. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

11. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Really curious what caused all humans (and only humans) to turn into stone...and not even stone solid, they are still able to think and feel. Imprisoned like that for possibly eternity, dear God, what a fuckin nightmare. Also, lol @ that love confession interruption. Usually it is something stupid and mundane...this was basically a mass extinction event that interrupted him :lmao

Pretty good first chapter. Art is nice. Looking forward to the 2nd chapter for sure.

12. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

13. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Reread the chapter. Wtf is up with him having E=MC2 on his shirt? "Hmmm...I need to convey that he is a genius. I know, E=MC2! That way people will know he is smart!" So retarded.

Also that Trump page...while Adam/Eve is happening in Japan, Trump will emerge and build the Wall, and Mexico will pay for it...using their statue-like bodies! WE SHINGEKI NO KYOJIN NOW BOYZ!

The more I think about it, the more I am positive: when the girl inevitably wakes up, she will 100% NOT remember the MC. Genius dude kept his sanity by counting the seconds he was stuck in stone, whereas the MC's yandere-like love kept him sane. Most normal people would be fucked in that situation. 3000+ years of just sitting there, only left with your thoughts...would be straight up maddening. So ya, she will have zero recollection of the MC, but I imagine throughout the series she will slowly begin to remember their past.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  14. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    It is indeed maddening but we already have 2 main characters popping out of the stone like it's nothing. :ichigo

15. Harbour I stole all bitches.

1)Art.

Cons:
    1)Premise. Only two dudes from the same class out of 6-7 billions people were able to broke the stone? Only two dudes were able to stay sane during 3k+ years? Like, maintaining affection towrds girl or counting the years for 3k+ years?

Yeah, i know, thats only one chapter, but at least it seems like those two are the only people survived. I call this a clear bullshit.

2)Characters. The "headstrong" one. Love for a girl as the single anchor is a shitty anchor. Also he seems generic as fuck.
    The "smart one" seems like an archetype too (lol at ridiculous e=mc2) yet he looks like a character that may have a potential to be well done in a future. I wont even list the issues i have with the "headstrong" dude. He seems bland as hell due to author's desire to jump into the plot immediately. Like there was a huge skip of other emotions besides the boner for a girl on his part.

Im pretty skeptical about the whole concept itself. I able to already foresee the strength and weakness of this series - great character duo, bromance and even some "love" in the minds of some fans, if it will be done properly, and generic and boring plot like "suddenly there are more people were able to broke the stone, and our heroes try to become the leaders of the new society". I read and watch this type of plots countless times. Meh.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2017
  16. lol 4th dimension reiatsu Well-Known Member

This and Hungry Marie showcase the dangers of an early love confession, now you now why they take so long to do it in other mangas :lmao

17. GaaraoftheDesert1 commemorating failure

Seems that this second main character will carry the manga..

18. White Rabbit Doki Doki

France
    This 1st chap was rather good/interesting. Besides the art is neat. I wait to see if it really worth it tho.

19. Ziyu Well-Known Member

Brazil
    It's interesting so far, let's see how things plays in the next chapters.

20. BlueDemon Demon

Boichi is awesome, but I'll wait a while before starting to read this. Hope it won't get canceled.

21. SkitZoFrenic Führer of the Hentaiverse

Jesus Christ that escalated quickly. Chapter 1, everyone is fucked...Chapter 2, they have the cure to the stone disease, wtf? Well looks like the girl is getting resurrected next chapter. Time to see if she is completely mind broken like I had assumed.

22. White Wolf Super Moderator

Finally got around to seeing the first 2 chaps.

Chapter 1; Senku and Taiju are such polar opposites, but it sure makes things exciting. When he called them the Adam and Eve of the new world was pretty funny.
    First chapter really set the mood nicely for the story.

Chapter 2; Senku really is a genius, but with Taiju's simple mindedness it really gets the ball rolling. Did he shave by chomping clams down on his beard? That was manly af.
    Not surprising that the girl will be the first rescued (since she is on the cover as well), wonder how long until they start copulating to reform the population.
    Do they even need to create a new civilization if they can cancel the stone out with science?

I guess we'll find out, whether some people died out completely in the stone shell, or depending on who the evil culprit is (aliens?).

In any case this is quite exciting, looking forward to reading more!

23. Zeit Omae wa mou shindeiru

Kinda surprising how quickly things are going.

24. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

It actually did seem to take them some effort to produce the ethanol.

25. Harbour I stole all bitches.

Most likely gonna drop it. Just wait for couple more chapter to make a verdict for myself.
    -Characters continues to look absolutely generic. There is nothing interesting in them and even together they show no chemistry.
    -New problem - time skips. It take away a post effect character (loud one) should have experience after he was unpetrified. Like seriously, they just take away almost all foundation of character intensity, drama and development with it. Im not saying we need to witness the 10 chapters of character angst, but there could have been so much moments to show how two characters learn to work each other in the first months of their life together. But nope. Just skip everything.
    -And that lead to the new problem - the cure. Because of timeskip it seems like they found the cure in a couple days. It seems SO EASY. Two chapters and they have already solved the problem. Good shit.

Most likely its gonna be a boring long adventure no one would care about. IMO ofc. I want to see hundreds of fresh plot points authors kept in their sleeves after they basically ended the main plot line in a two chapters.

26. Stilzkin Well-Known Member

Your points are largely about how you would have written the story differently.

Seeing as we are only two chapters in you can't really assume to know what the main plot line is. If the problem was solved in two chapters maybe the thing to consider is that the series is not about them trying to undo the petrification.

27. White Wolf Super Moderator

Senkuu's face was priceless when the oaf went on about her being naked, lmao.

What a plot twist though, I fully expected the girl to be next, who would've thunk it. What I don't get is how the lions have overtaken the world as king of beasts if supposedly everything was petrified, humans birds etc, so some creatures stayed safe? Or merely freed themselves from petrification before Senkuu. I guess there is still a lot to see and find out, things will probably get more exciting now that we have an OP fighter in the ranks too.

28. Proxy .

Senkuu's already wary of Shishiou. Being that strong and in a world without law and order, he could turn into an enemy as soon as their vision for a future begins to differ.

I wasn't expecting them to find a cure so quickly, but that just means the direction the manga's taking isn't the obvious path. There's still the question of who/what brought it about to begin with, the reasoning behind it, as well as what additional threats are out there.

29. Kolby Mystic Kolby

Was I the only one afraid they might drop the girl and shatter her to pieces?

30. Proxy .

Nope. I thought so too. Would have been quite the surprise.