• NBDContest
    Come enter in the NBD Banner Contest !
    Deadline for entries is February 4 at 12:00 pm UTC.
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is January 31 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Dragon Ball Multiverse

CaptainCommanderRenji

So the leader of that gang was definitely above SSJ3 Goku, maybe close to Gohan even. Impressive. But seems like Bra has made pretty pathetic gains over the years, if even as a kid she was already stronger than Gohan but all these years later, with a Majin boost, still can't one shot.

Plague

Punches People in the Face
Why do you guys think this is trying to frame Vegetto as in the wrong here? I'm not getting that impression at all.

I don't think he's wrong, I just think his previous interactions with Bra throughout the entirety of the webcomic never hinted at him as any type of authority she feared until recently.

KennethLT

I don't think he's wrong, I just think his previous interactions with Bra throughout the entirety of the webcomic never hinted at him as any type of authority she feared until recently.
That’s cause they never did. In fact, there’s many moments where they they are shown to be nonchalant about each other. Bra even calls Vegito dumbass in some panels.

You would think that if someone wanted to kill you, you would TRY to be as nice as possible

it’s clearly something the author came up with
In recent times.

Claudio Swiss

That’s cause they never did. In fact, there’s many moments where they they are shown to be nonchalant about each other. Bra even calls Vegito dumbass in some panels.

You would think that if someone wanted to kill you, you would TRY to be as nice as possible

it’s clearly something the author came up with
In recent times.
Exactly before bra never shown fear over vegito getting upset with her

Maxum599

It's pretty pathetic to simp over a character you made your self, as well as suddenly making bra scared that vegito will kill her, and acting as this was how it always has been.

WolfusFH

So, this page gives the context for Vegetto's threat, which makes complete sense.

However, it's still odd that Bra has this trauma, as it was never hinted at before. Maybe they can explain it as a fuzzy/blocked memory, considering Bra's memory of the whole thing seem to be innacurate to say the least.

And Bra was shown to be the undeniable douche this time.

Neruc

Neat
Vegito: "You killed Goten, destroyed a planet, killed billions, blew up a star and now even Gohan can't stop your rampages anymore. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Bra: "I surpassed Gohan?"

Vegito being 100% reasonable here, you can tell how frustrated he is because after all the attempts him and Gohan have made at correcting her behaviour, all that she cares about is her own strength.

Claudio Swiss

Vegito: "You killed Goten, destroyed a planet, killed billions, blew up a star and now even Gohan can't stop your rampages anymore. What do you have to say for yourself?"

Bra: "I surpassed Gohan?"

Vegito being 100% reasonable here, you can tell how frustrated he is because after all the attempts him and Gohan have made at correcting her behaviour, all that she cares about is her own strength.

Dis bitch really give no fucks over her actions just “Oh I surpassed gohan? Cool!”
Complete psychopath

Xhominid

The Avaricious

Dis bitch really give no fucks over her actions just “Oh I surpassed gohan? Cool!”
Complete psychopath

Seriously, I'm not even sure how to feel here...
Vegito comes off horrifically reasonable here, even stating that she NEEDS to control herself or he will have to kill her for the sake of everyone else's safety and his promise to the Supreme Kais...

Fuck the trauma bullshit, he's absolutely right to say that to someone when listing off the crimes you have committed, you somehow instead feel HAPPY that you surpassed someone. Holy fucking shit Salagir, just put a bullet into U16 Bra, you fucking killed her for good mate.

Claudio Swiss

Seriously, I'm not even sure how to feel here...
Vegito comes off horrifically reasonable here, even stating that she NEEDS to control herself or he will have to kill her for the sake of everyone else's safety and his promise to the Supreme Kais...

Fuck the trauma bullshit, he's absolutely right to say that to someone when listing off the crimes you have committed, you somehow instead feel HAPPY that you surpassed someone. Holy fucking shit Salagir, just put a bullet into U16 Bra, you fucking killed her for good mate.
i don't understand this neggas thought process
She didn't even think about Goten :goose
who :confusedny
Dialogue is pretty cringe.
Vegito is 100% in the right tho.
as always:thehelp

MShadows

Deathbat
That dumbass probably only heard “I’ll kill you!” and completely zoned out regarding everything else.

Trauma my ass, it’s just selective hearing. She only hears what she wants because she’s an entitled brat.

Xhominid

The Avaricious
Again, how is Bra traumatized by this?!
Vegito literally even gives off the massive impression that he DOESN'T want to kill her and if he has to, it will be for the protection of the universe. Bra should be more traumatized by what she has CAUSED more than Vegito's own threats.

How the fuck can you screw this up this badly?! I don't feel shit for Bra in comparison to Vegito's plight.

Claudio Swiss

Lookie look here, exactly what I said. That’s all she wanted to hear from that conversation

like i said a psychopath
>doesn't give a shit about killing goten
>doesn't give a shit about nuking a planet killing billions
>doesn't give a shit a about nuking the sun destroying the system
but the moment she heard "gohan can't stop her" anymore was the only thing she wanted to hear made her smile

Reznor

Supporting Staff
But seems like Bra has made pretty pathetic gains over the years, if even as a kid she was already stronger than Gohan but all these years later, with a Majin boost, still can't one shot.
Unrealistic benchmark and she was fighting several on 1. Anytime she got any of them 1v1 - including Gohans or Cell - they were goners.
+40% isn't auto-oneshot in this. (Though each SSJ form is roughly 10x the previous)

Also, DBM scaling doesn't have strong base Saiyans above low SSJ1. Raw training has limits - there's not infinite growth ceiling.
Non-fusion Saiyans can't get above Frieza without SSJ. Which means that there's also a ceiling for SSJ1.

Bra/Gotenks/Vegetto have a different floor and ceiling for SSJ1 power levels, but the concept is probably the same.
SSJ3 Gotenks saw more growth than SSJ1 Bra did, but that's just because there's way more room there.
With enough training, SSJ3 Gotenks would max out in SS3 Vegetto's league, SSJ1 Bra would max out in SSJ1 Vegetto's tier.
Bra's training was enough to move her to one tier below same form Vegetto. Gotenks is probably like two below same form since IIRC someone compared SSJ3 Gotenks to SSJ1 Vegetto (before Buu's upgrade).

Not to mention that we're comparing 20 years of Gotenks growth to less than 10 years of Bra growth.

Also, while SSJ2 Bra could probably beat any opponent Gohan could, Gohan isn't going to destroy the whole solar system to do it. She's already ahead of the game at raw power, but remedial AF at control. Way more focus of that training can and should go towards control, not maximizing power gained.

Gotenks is free to grow in power passively since he already can at least control the highest form around (SSJ3) and apparently founded ki constructs. Her training probably focused more on control, so things like learning ki constructs made it higher up the list.

FYI Salagir posted:

SSJ2 Tier: Goku SSJ2, Vegeta SSJ2, Vegeta M SSJ2, Young Gohan SSJ2, Perfect Cell (DBZ)
SSJ3 Tier: Goku SSJ3 (DBZ), Kid Buu, Super Buu, Base DBZ Vegetto, Young Gotenks SSJ3 (DBZ)
In-between: Mystic Gohan, base Vegetto, Son Bra SSJ1(?)
SSJ"4" Tier: Buu-Gotenks, Buu-Gohan
SSJ"5" Tier: SSJ1 Vegetto, SSJ2 Son Bra
SSJ"6" Tier: SSJ2 Vegetto, Broly at the end of his fight, Buu U4

A few years back

Reznor

Supporting Staff
Yeah, Vegetto is definitely justified given the context - like was predicted - but even beyond was predicted.

Like, if Vegetto says this to Bra right after she woke up. He'd be completely justified. She let herself get out of control, she needs to understand how dire this is. She's a child, but a super child soldier - it's not the same as a normal adult threatening a normal child. Even if it wasn't justified from an interpersonal/parenting101 standpoint, the greater scope would make this harshness a necessary evil and the fact that this is conversation between gods with power over life and death more relevant.

ON TOP OF THAT:
Vegetto didn't start out at maximum harsheness either. He asks her if she understands what she did. After he explains it calmly, she cares more that she's surpassed Gohan than that she killed Goten + a planet of people. He needed to raise his voice, and this is how you do that in this context.

There's no lens in which Vegetto isn't justified for being harsh here.

The only thing you could fault Vegetto here at all for is not just calling it quits here and finding a way to depower her. The only reason to not do that is because Vegetto needs a challenge. He's reasonable enough to keep a promise to not let her get out of control, but thirsty enough for a challenge that he'll risk it. Vegetto's decision to keeping trying instead hasn't been justified at all by this arc, but it's definitely in-character since Vegetto is born Goku who sparred Vegeta for the sake of a later challenge.

Reznor

Supporting Staff
Again, how is Bra traumatized by this?!
That was U18 Bra's words to be fair.

U18 Bra was giving U16 Bra the "benefit of the doubt" (so to speak) of her past, to make the point that it doesn't matter in the present and U16 needs to suck it up. Basically, U18 made that point that even if U16 was legitimately traumatized by situations that weren't her fault, everything that just happened was her fault.

Pre-Majin U16 Bra was almost verifiably unrepentant. Anecdotally given that she still abuses Goten, speculatively given that the system and Goten were revived so "no harm done", and verifiably because she was less repentant than pre-Majin Vegeta.

KennethLT

Lookie look here, exactly what I said. That’s all she wanted to hear from that conversation

This same panel was used out of context to make Vegito seem like the bad guy. Of course out of context it does, but we know who is the real bitch now.

I’m not even sure if Vegito has any fault in this. A psychopath is a psychopath no matter how you try to reform them. It’s wired in their brains to be so.

Claudio Swiss

This same panel was used out of context to make Vegito seem like the bad guy. Of course out of context it does, but we know who is the real bitch now.

I’m not even sure if Vegito has any fault in this. A psychopath is a psychopath no matter how you try to reform them. It’s wired in their brains to be so.
exactly if you're trying to make vegito look like the bad guy you did a horrible job at it
like its amazing how you go out you're way to make your pet character to be a massive psychopath while thinking "yeah this will surely get people to like her":apathy

Xhominid

The Avaricious
Because she's a spoiled psychopath who finally has to deal with consequences. tbh this is as much as damnation of Vegetto's shitty parenting for letting her get this far.

Of course Vegito is a terrible parent(I'm not forgetting the dumb shit that Salagir made him think and almost do because "Vegeta didn't go through his character development... despite going THROUGH his character development while he was a Majin i.e. before he sacrificed himself and died) but in comparison to how Salagir keeps portraying Son Bra, there's only so much that fucker could do with a psychopath like this.

That was U18 Bra's words to be fair.

U18 Bra was giving U16 Bra the "benefit of the doubt" (so to speak) of her past, to make the point that it doesn't matter in the present and U16 needs to suck it up. Basically, U18 made that point that even if U16 was legitimately traumatized by situations that weren't her fault, everything that just happened was her fault.

Pre-Majin U16 Bra was almost verifiably unrepentant. Anecdotally given that she still abuses Goten, speculatively given that the system and Goten were revived so "no harm done", and verifiably because she was less repentant than pre-Majin Vegeta.

Ah ok, that makes more sense there.

Zeit

★★★★★★
Of course Vegito is a terrible parent(I'm not forgetting the dumb shit that Salagir made him think and almost do because "Vegeta didn't go through his character development... despite going THROUGH his character development while he was a Majin i.e. before he sacrificed himself and died) but in comparison to how Salagir keeps portraying Son Bra, there's only so much that fucker could do with a psychopath like this.

Sure, but while he comes across as in the right here (not that that's hard with Psycho Princess), he also seems mad that NOW he has to step in because Bra is stronger than anyone else, as if he was just leaving it to others to solve the Bra problem instead of him. Weirdly despite this declaration we know he's also done nothing in the interim as she still has exactly the same shitty personality years later.

I will say too tho I'm a bit surprised Salagir has unambiguously made Bra's "trauma" claim and thus her out to an easy redemption complete rubbish, unless of course it was unintentional and we're supposed to just blame Vegetto for not being a better father and Bra's personality isn't her fault or some other BS.

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
The problem is that even if they do make Vegetto the psychopath now, Bra's character has been assassinated to such a degree that we don't feel bad for her.

Top Bottom