• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Chapter Dragon Ball Super Chapter 66

Rate this chapter!

• Total voters

OG sama

I enjoyed this arc, but it definitely had some serious hicups. My biggest issue with the arc is that they clearly asked Toyotaro to stretch it until they could have there big reveal for jumpfesta along with chapter 67. They did a similar thing with ending to the tournament of power
I’m going to have to reread this arc to see if the stretching really had a big effect on the arc overall but yeah I knew it had to be a reason this arc just kept going on and on. I was ready for it to be over so many times, but the ending kinda made up for a lot of its mess imo.

KennethLT

I enjoyed this arc, but it definitely had some serious hicups. My biggest issue with the arc is that they clearly asked Toyotaro to stretch it until they could have there big reveal for jumpfesta along with chapter 67. They did a similar thing with ending to the tournament of power
Jump festa better be worth it. We didn’t sit through this halfass final confrontation for stupid announcements.

KennethLT

I wonder if Moro is really dead, wouldn't surprise me if an old Moro rises from that crater in the next chapter
If he rises from a crater next chapter, he is gonna get dusted really quick, considering toyos final arc chapters are half endings and half next arc.

MShadows

Deathbat
Is it just manga related, or is the possibility of the anime returning there? Cause if it is just manga, It’s not something I would tuned in for.
No idea about the anime. What we know for sure is that another manga arc is coming and it will be announced/discussed about at Jump Festa with Toyble attending it.

pat pat

I see people saying uub is stronger than vegeta on twitter. Are people THIS DENSE? LIKE reading is one of the most fundamental things taught to kids
The situation was that to attain UI only and only god ki/power was useful ( reinforced by bulma noticing it and goku's insistance on lacking god ki).
This means that whatever energy all the non god ki users gave was useless anyway
The only energy that mattered was the one given by dende and vegeta because they are the only ones able to use god powers. Dende's god ki is sill immature as he said. And vegeta literally says around the beginning of the chapter that he is already st his limit while fighting moro.
So the only thing goku received was vegeta's tiny remaining god powers and dende's which is why he couldnt do it. This chapter only proves that uub has a good amount of god ki not that he is strong than the entire Z team or vegeta. Also he doesnt need to be as strong as goku to give him enough energy so that he would go into his UI/or other forms. That's never how it worked if my memory is well

KennethLT

I see people saying uub is stronger than vegeta on twitter. Are people THIS DENSE? LIKE reading is one of the most fundamental things taught to kids
The situation was that to attain UI only and only god ki/power was useful ( reinforced by bulma noticing it and goku's insistance on lacking god ki).
This means that whatever energy all the non god ki users gave was useless anyway
The only energy that mattered was the one given by dende and vegeta because they are the only ones able to use god powers. Dende's god ki is sill immature as he said. And vegeta literally says around the beginning of the chapter that he is already st his limit while fighting moro.
So the only thing goku received was vegeta's tiny remaining god powers and dende's which is why he couldnt do it. This chapter only proves that uub has a good amount of god ki not that he is strong than the entire Z team or vegeta. Also he doesnt need to be as strong as goku to give him enough energy so that he would go into his UI/or other forms. That's never how it worked if my memory is well
Won’t change the fact that uub will be the strongest thing ever once we get to the end of Z, and past it.

Milos1fan

so we have Uub and Broly in the category of random nobodies (in story perspective, they are great additions in my opinion) with hidden power surpassing that of the Gods of Destruction.

to be honest, I want to see where the story goes with these 2. Uub and Broly are an interesting addition to the series.

Also, this is my final thought towards this arc:

Moro the Magician:hestonpls
Maybe this whole arc was Moro having killed Goku and Vegeta on New Namek. And this is just an illusion cast upon both of them as they live eternally inside him after being consumed by him. One can dream of him actually being a great magician...

:wellshit

MShadows

Deathbat
So...

After all, it looks like Forced Spirit Fission can be used without physical contact as well. Just like he did against the Yardrats during his training. That also means he can basically drain anyone with it.

What this chapter added is more applications, like him being able to gather energy Spirit Bomb style. And also being able to use the energy gathered for power-ups.

Seems like it can be pretty damn useful if used in a smart way.

:hitbatman

pat pat

So...

After all, it looks like Forced Spirit Fission can be used without physical contact as well. Just like he did against the Yardrats during his training. That also means he can basically drain anyone with it.

What this chapter added is more applications, like him being able to gather energy Spirit Bomb style. And also being able to use the energy gathered for power-ups.

It's a very versatile tool that could make him a contender against people that are significantly stronger than him

Turrin

玄武
So...

He had to make contact with Moro to drain him; in the other instances he probably could drain Z Warriors and Yadrare due to them allowing it to happen.

The move will mostly just exist as support against Fusions and to heal people with KI. Much like the Mafuba it’s unlikely to even come up very often as a move.

Vegeta Next arc will likely get a real power up though, so you can be happy about that

pat pat

Uub is the hero :bury
My lil chad is barely into the scenario and already accomplished more than the trash garbage GT uub ever did in his entire existence. Savage :gokuskully

Kronz1998

He is right about vegeta getin a major power up next arc, i mean unless they change the formula next arc will be Goku and Vegeta fighthing against a m.u.i tier villain. I dont see how vegeta can do anything against that kind of opponent with his current power level

pat pat

I dont believe vegeta will get power up as in transformation
I keep saying he is going to go the "technique/haxx" way but people dont believe it.
Notice how this chapter he had no issue using a genkidama like? That's because I think his mind Is being more Ok towards the idea of using hax and such

BlackBoo

Cipher made a good point about the chapter. Considering only the manga (original e DBS), transferring / collecting energy over long distances is only possible through a technique (Spirit Bomb and Spirit Fission).

In DBS anime and DBZ movies (TOEI) this is not the case though (since Trunks did not need any technique to receive the energy of the Earth's inhabitants before "defeating" Zamasu)

I keep saying he is going to go the "technique/haxx" way but people dont believe it.
Notice how this chapter he had no issue using a genkidama like? That's because I think his mind Is being more Ok towards the idea of using hax and such

He may even get some hax, but he will inevitably need some power up to compete with the villains. Only hax is never enough in DB

pat pat

Cipher made a good point about the chapter. Considering only the manga (original e DBS), transferring / collecting energy over long distances is only possible through a technique (Spirit Bomb and Spirit Fission).

In DBS anime and DBZ movies (TOEI) this is not the case though (since Trunks did not need any technique to receive the energy of the Earth's inhabitants before "defeating" Zamasu)

He may even get some hax, but he will inevitably need some power up to compete with the villains. Only hax is never enough in DB
Its db, so your hax will always come with power up. But spirit in and of itself allows one to power up. Vegeta received a HUGE boost while training to master spirit fission. My one fear was for him to reject the teaching of pybara right after using fission just to go "hurrr durr real man fight" but instead he doubled down on the hax by using fission in a different way. So I am positive he will continue to train with yardrat because I dont think we have seen all from them and what they can offer

cake

I don't have faith it's gonna be anything good considering how this arc turned out
Hey shadows, is it just me or since around 8-10 chapters ago, you've gotten very impatient with toyotaro's way of doing the story...I just wanted to ask, why the change?

And also another question: Since you don't have faith about this next arc done by toyo, what about toei's own versions of whatever story they'll come up with?

Vegeta is getting a new form next arc.

This arc once again proved that higher power level > magic .

Vegeta can't even be used to job at his current level.

He needs to be at least as strong as current UI goku to be relevant in the next arc.

Jizznificent

Your unborn bro
Am I the only one who really enjoyed this arc and especially the ending?

It felt like a filler arc and then eventually turned into a more traditional DBZ like arc, I really enjoyed the way it ended this chapter.
You still have light in your heart, my man. Godspeed.

The rest of us have long been swallowed by the darkness. :wow

KennethLT

Can we get a female villain next arc? I’d like to have a female shit stomp MUI Goku for my amusement. And female villains are great when done correctly, and towa is a good example of one.

TheDipDap1234

Can we get a female villain next arc? I’d like to have a female shit stomp MUI Goku for my amusement. And female villains are great when done correctly, and towa is a good example of one.
We got a goat as the main antagonist for this saga, so maybe we will get a cow for the next one
Spoiler:
that will later on look like Cell

Top Bottom