1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Donkey Show, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Donkey Show

Dragon Ball Z Budokai 3

To say the least, I'm pretty hyped about this game. I know it doesn't necessarily have the best fighting engine, but I saw a couple videos and it seems to have captured Dragon Ball pretty well in comparison to the last two games. The only thing missing is the 5 minute screams. If they had that, I'd be set.

Tags:
  2. 4thokage

I have DBZ Budokai 2 and i like it very much.
    are there any changes the only thing i saw is the ssj4

3. Donkey Show

There's teleporting in terms of defense (at the right time you can teleport behind the opponent to dodge an attack) and offense (you can combo someone in the air repeatedly, so far up to 5 times). Apparently you can fly independently as well. Check out ign.com and see the videos. They are really awesome. They also list the changes.

Ira Poon

4. 4thokage

I just saw the videos i think that one between piccolo and son gohan is the best i like piccolos "sanke-arm".
    Now i have a huge desire to play against my little brother (and beat the crap out of him)

5. Reflex

This game looks excellent in comparison to the first 2, the fist one had story mode which was great, you fight all the way up to the cell saga, after beating cell the game ends, when Budokai 2 came out you assume that your going to be fight Buu as the story line, well I, and millions of others were wrong, instead you have the shitty Dragon World, which was crap! Now this game as around 5 different game modes, a ton of charachters and more. One of the things that pissed me off with the previous games is the combo system, the moves were the same with every chachter P,P,K,K,E etc. If they haven't changed that I'm gonna freak!

6. seta101

They've got characters from the movies too

7. 8018

will the Third game
    have the same graphics,
    like the Second one?

8. Hokage17b

I was actually at the world premeir demo of this event in San Francisco and can tell you a few things about it. I start with a short summary and then just answer any questions if you have them...

Basically, it is very similar to Budokai 3 in terms of graphics, fighting mechanics, and almost everything else. But they did add a few nice upgrades like beam struggles (that look awesome), improved flying (though the only "free flight" is in the RPG mode, in the fighting you can just fly a little better), and of course some new characters and special attacks. There are also teleport counters kind of like kawamari in NH2, a new kind of mini-cutscene combos in addition to the supers, improved transformations (including a truly breathtaking Cooler transformation), and a few nice tweaks like blocking tires you out.

So basically, it is the same mediocre fighting engine with some nice new features to make the battles a little more interesting, pretty impressive graphics, and an RPG-like mode that could be anything from total crap to good fun. Overall, it will be pretty good actually, just not an amazing fighter. They are kind of in the middle between a true fighter like Tekken and a game like Narutimate Hero in that they add other things besides traditional fighting to keep it interesting.

There's lots of other details but that is the main gist for those interested.

9. Uchiha Suzie

I enjoyed the previous Budokai games, the whole Dragon World thing in 2 was a total let down though, I sure hope they've changed that. Even if they haven't, I'm looking forward to getting my hands on this one!
    Other than that, all I can wish for is Future or GT Trunks... :)

10. seta101

This time, they'd better give Mirai Trunks his Saiyan Armor and long hair from the Cell Saga. and please.. no more palette swapping. I want to see actual costume changes.. not color reversals!

11. Donkey Show

At least Trunks actually uses his sword when fighting now.

12. seta101

really? as in swiping and slashing? his saiyan armor is his bestlook though, nothing else will do. NOTHING!!!!!11ONE

13. aLkeMiSt

By looking at the screenshots, it looks basically like Budokai 2.

14. Zhongda

ia not that much into DBZ! but overall i like the game !

15. Dave86

yeh im looking forward to it, budokai 2 was great

16. seta101

the game is good for me, because I really don't like memorize funny button strings like LP+HK+Down+LK+MP+Up+Left+Rub-your-stomach-pat-your head to do a really impressive move.

17. K'Dash

I'm curious about the characters. Is there a listing of all characters in the game?

18. IronFist Alchemist

Funny how the music in the Budokai games is better than the one in the dub,lol*plays Budokai 2's theme*

Though B3 looks impressive,I'm sure it's the same ol' engine with afew tweaks here and there.I'll stick to my Street Fighter and Tekken thank you very much:D

19. Mr. Vash

I'll be buying that game also.. hopefully

20. ?Naruto-Kun?

personally, i love all DBZ games..I just cant wait for DBZ:B3. GOGETA!! THE POWER!! MUAHAHAH... * ALL MINE * ^_-

21. Sketchy

I downloaded the game, but need some good media to burn it onto. My ps2 won't accept datawrite dvd-r :eek:.

22. ?Naruto-Kun?

Is it hard to get a PS2 with a mOd Chip?>

23. Zero Cool

use verbaitem i use that brand and never had a failed burn =)

24. Narsuke

Having check out the lastest review from Gamespot shocking .
    I wasn't planning to get b/c how Budokai 2 turn out but Gamespot had change my mind . Here the link to the reviewB3 review

25. Violence Fight

I own, but am not a huge fan of budokai 1 & 2. 1 was an alright, but meager first attempt(but could be overlooked as a first try). 2 was overall better, and made the fights slightly more fun, but still wasn't too good.

3 looks like it may be able to break the streak. Especially with the addition of instant transmission combos and combo breaking moves..it may atleast speed teh pace up and make people more agressive.

they really need to change the attack format though..

26. SSJLance

I got it yesterday Nov. 17 that is and so far I've beat it with Goku and am about to beat it with Vegeta. This game is pretty cool, but took me a while to get used to the countering system. Either way get this game!

27. onemic sensei

im gonna get it but after i get half life 2 and metal gear solid 3 thoose are king!!!!!!!

28. Frieza (inactive)

Wow, i'm impressed by the reviews. They are all around the 8-8.5 mark which is a vast improvement from the previous installments. Apparently it 'feels' like a real fighter this time. And I love the graphics!! Look so cool...but of course living in Australia i'll have to wait for ages to get it.

29. SSJLance

It feels the same as the other two, but with the little qwirks, I just got the SSJ4 Gogeta capsule for Goku, he is so awsome, his 100x BigBangKamehameha looks really cool!

30. Dave86

wow i just unlocked brolly.....hes such a tank lol its like videl-> .|<-BROLLY