1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Dragonball beats Naruto once again

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by R_Lee86, Oct 15, 2006.

1. R_Lee86 Asshole

This is all from a japanese online popularity poll from TV Asahi
    your NF picture

Most Popular

13)Dragonball
    17)Naruto

Celebrity list
    2)Dragonball
    34)Naruto

Take that all you DB haters. Even the Japanese like it more

Tags:
  2. Kyuriko Sexy tennis boys are better.

So this is supposed to mean what? Even the author of the Naruto manga is a huge Dragonball fan.

3. TenshiOni Active Member

The Japanese have, and always will, love Dragon Ball more than nearly anything. Even the manga-ka behind Naruto, One Piece, and Bleach praise Akira Toriyama as their hero with Dragon Ball being one of their favorite manga.

Neither Naruto nor One Piece (which is more popular than Naruto in Japan) will come close, most likely.

Hell, the highest paid manga-ka in Japan list was posted in Konoha - 12 and Akira Toriyama is still #1. Most likely because the Japanese love to buy all DB/Z merchandise (games are popular as hell over there).

4. Catterix is a super awesome

Um... Good for DB?

Not that this means anything. They also like Pokemon more.

Anyway, I like DB, tis cool and fun :) The Anime of DBZ is what's quite bad though.

But well done for proving the ever strong maturity of DB fans ....

5. Kyuriko Sexy tennis boys are better.

Dragonball is definitely one of the most popular manga in all of Japan, and I don't think there are many manga that can even hold a candle to its popularity there. I don't think that even Pokémon is as popular as Dragonball, though; I'd be pretty surprised if it was, even considering its popularity. Pokémon is probably still more popular than Naruto.

As for me, I like Dragonball, don't get me wrong. But, I really just like the first season of Dragonball more. And I like the manga better than the anime. I think that it comes across that a lot of Naruto fans are Dragonball haters because Naruto is constantly being compared to Dragonball.

6. MajesticBeast MajesticBeast

Dragonball was great but dbz was sometimes unbelievable.The Freeza Goku fight anybody can remember that last like 4episodes but they had 5minutes 2 escape from namek before it exploded.They mustve counted the fillers cause the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya is before Naruto seeing that show only has 14episodes thats sad.

7. Catterix is a super awesome

I always find it to be the opposite interestingly.

Its more like DB fans hate Naruto because its like DB in many ways, but... better. Db also soared to popularity because it was one of the only shonen animes at that time so loads of people have big nostalgia for it. However jap kids nowadays, don't like it as much, its all based on what's your fave of your time.

And anyway, most popular doesn't really mean anything. Eastenders is one of the most popular shows in the UK, but its also one of the worst written, acted and directed shows around. Same goes for so many shows on TV. Also right now Naruto is in a deeeep filler Period, two years ago it was number 3 on their popular list.

And yep, you're right, DB beat Naruto... and 13 other shows beat DB. So it doesn't really mean much.

And who really cares whether the show they like is popular or not? Should it affect your view on the show.... weird opinion for a 20 year old :)

8. Deidara sea cow colonel

well, I like NARUTO more. I don?t see that as a competition.

9. ez Jesus Christ

not like it matters since the authors of one piece, bleach and naruto each love dbz as well; they've probably paid homage to it some how as well.

10. Bananna why do my pics shrink? DDD:

Although I personally dislike Dragonball, it is the daddy of the Shonen Trinity; it deserves a decent rank for all the series it spawned.

11. gokuden553 Banned

DB Pwns Naruto for sure :)

12. MajesticBeast MajesticBeast

saids a DB groupie:p.I would rather watch Naruto or Bleach then Db,Dbz,DBGT.But thats my opinion on things

13. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

The Japanese like One Piece the most. I think that sums up their viewer credibility.

14. Karin Maaka Active Member

Well, who DOESN'T follow Haruhism these days? Seriously, after watching that series you'll want dance to the ending song. :D

15. MajesticBeast MajesticBeast

Tell me why i did click that link MY EYES hehe its was a great show but for 14episodes 2 beat naruto that just makes me sad.Damn you fillers

16. Broleta Well-Known Member

Just proves the japanese have great taste ;DDDDDDDDDD

17. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

The real question is... why is Bleach above DB?? :S

18. MajesticBeast MajesticBeast

One piece place 21 thats what i saw.

19. R_Lee86 Asshole

I posted this because Im sick of Naruto fans hating the DBZ comparisons. When in reality, there would be no Naruto if it werent for DBZ.

20. Broleta Well-Known Member

Because DB is aimed at a younger audience than Bleach and older people make up the majority of these polls.

21. geG Very Rude

I'm surprised One Piece isn't higher. Isn't One Piece the most popular series in Japan right now?

Also WTF at Bleach.

22. koao ding ding

At least Dragon Ball Z didnt have 67 episodes of filler that are crap.

I say Dragon Ball Z was great, but hey, i need to get my hands on that new Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 game!

23. MajesticBeast MajesticBeast

Well people that do that are ignorant we all know kishis idol was Akira Toriyama and thats why he started drawing and became a Mangaka but if you post a poll some where else i bet you get other results.Cause there are different groups of people visiting different sites.

24. Broleta Well-Known Member

^The poll was carried out by the TV station.

Yeah that game looks brilliant. I need to get my hands on it.

25. Kai R I N N I N G Retired Staff

DBZ was quite strange and repititive. Naruto takes it up there and blows GT in the dust.

But DB, the manga of the most innocent kid ever, and how strong he is; I mean the creativity of it just can't be beat.

26. Catterix is a super awesome

If you got rid of the "Z", you would be right. For one, its the manga more than anything else that inspired Kishimoto, Tite Kibo and Oda, and the manga is only called Dragonball. But also, Kishimoto doesn't like 90% of what happened in DBZ. He claims to love the story of Dragonball up until the point where Fureeza arrives, which is pretty much the point where the theme and style of Dragonball changed.

Also, anyone else read Neko Majin Z? Love it smile-big

27. koao ding ding

What is the point of this thread anyways?

Dragonball beats Naruto in popularity. So what?

It's not like its the end of the world and everyone needs to start liking Naruto more, which we cant.

Fillers < - have no more of them, then you Naruto beats Dragonball, then everyone happy. Dragonball Z is going to end its future in 2008 anyways, so who cares if DragonBall Z is beating Naruto ?

28. Aspicom Member

My first entry into the Anime world was DBZ and will always be tops but its been over for a long time. I find it amazing that DB is still up there in popularity. Naruto does have a lot of the same fell to me. and that Freeza-Goku fight seemed like it lasted 2 months. One piece is great for originality, you never know where is going the next moment. Eventually Naruto will surpass DB as time goes on, maybe if it did not have so many lame fillers it would have done so by now.

29. Catterix is a super awesome

No you're right, DBZ instead had filled out episodes with no development. Its amazing how much faster moving the manga was than the anime. With the anime, Toei filled out the fights so much, either with the famous staring at each other, long screaming powerups, or by cutting mid-battle to a completely irrelevant scene of some sub-characters sitting having tea or watching the fight.

Someone (with way too much time on their hands) added up the amount of extreme filler in each episode of Dragonball Z and in time, added with the few filler arcs it did have, the amount of filler was equivilant to 176 episodes. With Naruto, the filler within canon was enough for 4 episodes. Thats hardly anything in comparison. Its only the massive filler arc atm thats the problem :p At least with Naruto you can easily cut out the filler and what's left is fast paced, exciting, straight to the point canon. Whereas with DBZ, the Filler is so deeply integrated into the episodes that they can easily be dull.

So the final product of Naruto can be easily more enjoyable than DBZ, its just that at the moment, one ep a week, its madenning. And that is the silly fault of Studio Peirrot because they rushed the canon eps which could have been drawn out longer, but they decided not to. Ah wells, like I said, when Naruto is finished, I think it will have much more replay value than DBZ. I've tried watching DBZ again and I just lose interest, its so dull at times.

30. geG Very Rude

Yeah, I remeber watching DBZ for the first time and it was the episode right before Gohan vs. Cell where they did nothing but talk about how they were about to fight, and I just remember thinking the equivalent of "WTF is this shit?"