1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Dragonball/Z/GT/Kai Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Detective X, Sep 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Detective X

Hmm, Dragonball is the only anime that has actually impacted my life in any way. Toriyama became a huge influence in my art, the way I think, and the way... I talk.

My favorite part of the trilogy is the Piccolo arc, because not only does it introduce my favorite character, but it really begins the seriousness of the series and the fighting becomes stylistic.

My least favorite part is the Red Ribbon arc, because it is boring and very centered on Goku. But if it wasn't for that, there would be no Cell arc.

I like GT all the way through the end of the Baby arc, I depise the Super 17 episodes, and enjoy the end of the Black Dragon arc (when he begins fighting Yi Xing Long).

*takes breather*

My favorite character, as I said, is Piccolo. In second is Yamcha (terribly underrated and could defeat Cell if they fought during the Buu arc, according to filler), and in a close third is Ten (third eye formed by chakra, neat stuff!). My least favorite character is Vegeta. I like his purpose, I guess, but not the character.

What stuff of DB do you love/hate?

Tags:
  2. Vegeta

I love Vegeta's character. I hated most of GT. It didn't do justice the Dragonball name.

Vegeta and Gohan are my favorite characters. Oh and you can't forget Krillin!

3. lemonlime

I like everything but Goku! Boy I hated him :D I'm a DBZ fan from way back, I got so obsessed with it my dreams were litterd with scenes, quotes, and DBZ characters themselfs, night after night. I dont think I've EVER dedicated so much of my life to something like it. I was my gateway anime of course, and I wouldn't be here today if it weren't for DBZ. Dear god I'm pathetic. XD

4. SStrunks

Im a Trunks fan, DBZ is cool, my favorite saga would have to be cell saga.

5. Fullmetal Moderator

heh. the only cool true character is Vegetto/Beijito :D
    so yeah, Freezer/Frezia Saga is my fav saga ;)

6. Saga-Sama

1)SSJ4 Gogeta
    2)Trunks
    3)#17
    3)Kid Sangohan

favorite saga..... android saga

7. Vaelen

Kinda grew bored of DB/Z/GT a few years back.. :)

8. HokageNaruto

It's a good series, it's the crack that got me hooked on anime. Without it I bet a lot of people wouldn't watch anime.

9. Sarumusha

The Dragonball manga/anime has always been a favorite, mostly because it is influenced by the story Hsi Yu Chi - Journey to the West, my all time favorite story. I loved this story loooong before I ever heard of Dragonball.

If I had to pick a favorite out of the 3 shows, it would be Dragonball, because its story is very much like the Saiyuki original.

10. jquchiha

Goku and Vegeta are my favorite characters of DBZ. I really love the dragon ball series, when Goku was still small. It was so funny! Dragon Ball Z is also great, the vegeta, freeza, cell, majin buu saga. By the way, I don't like DB GT... It's boring.

11. ahheng21

this anime was the first japanese cartoon i like. it was so hot then.... everyone is buying the comic books, toys, sticker books.

12. Naruto82

:O a DBZ thread in a naruto forum and no Bashing wow thats a first :p

well anyways my Fav is Gohan :D fav saga was Cell/Cell games

*has the whole series on DVD*

13. Vegenom

DBZ was the first anime I actually followed. I saw Akira when I was young, but that was it. Until DBZ came along. What can I say, I'm a sucker for high paced martial arts and "fireballs".

Vegeta is my favourite character. He would have been the strongest, but Goku was the luckiest character ever.

Frieza (I know that's not the original spelling, but I like it this way) was the greatest villian of them all. You'll hate me for saying this but I loved his dub voice (yes the old lady like one. It made his small size but ridiculous power even greater.

I've seen it all, yet I'm still deprived. I've only seen dub eps, I've never seen an uncut sub.:(

14. Annihilation

.......it was just so long........all of the series together was like 600 episodes

15. Dark Kakashi

Personally i love Dragonball it was the best out of the 3 different series. I did not like Dragon Ball GT though.
    Dragonball was good because it had a story line and character development and some really good fights, and there were no flying up until the Piccolo Daimo Saga.
    The Piccolo Daimo Saga was my favorite one though.
    My favorite fights were
    1) Piccolo vs Android 17
    2) Goku vs Vegeta (first fight)
    3) Cell vs Goku
    4) Goku vs Frieza

personally i like the top 2 the most and especially the first one

16. korican04

YAMCHA THE DESERT BANDIT!
    He made a rock sword out of his wolf's fang fist.

Then would be little goku, cause he's an idiot.

fav fight, goku vs krillin.
    and goku and piccolo vs raditz.

17. Dark Travis

Majin Buu is my fav character by far, whatever form he's in (though my fav is kid buu)

18. LEGENDARY inactive

19. Jh1stgen

First, Goku wins tournament and becomes the strongest in Earth then the galaxy, then the universe. It's funny how basically if you wanted to be strong, all you gota do is become angry and yell out your lungs.

20. Fullmetal Moderator

geh, DBZ was great.
    use to download the jap version on p2p programs.
    favourite character was probably either
    super majin buu (when he absorbed gotenks, piccolo, and gohan)
    and vegetto....the absoulte strongest fusion character in the whole series.

21. Stoic

I lost my anime/manga virignity to DBZ. I love the manga and would always buy them, notwithstanding my tons of shiny cards. Ah, good times. x]

22. ~K+

LOVE the manga, and yeah, I've got loads of those cards as well. XD

Favourite character would be Gohan during the cell saga when he wears the same costume as Piccolo, especially with the SS2 hair.

Used to wait months for the manga volumns to come out and check the stores every other week for it all the time. =P I only have 36 and 38-42 though...

23. Vegeta

I liked DBZ up until the end of the Cell Games, after that was watchable, but not awesome like the Saiyan Saga. Best Animation came in the end though. Whats this GT you are talking about... >> << >< Stupid wankers that made GT should DIE!

24. Amatsu

I liked DB. In my opinion it was so RPG-ish that I couldn't help but love it. And the opening Maka Fushigi Adventure has to be one of the greatest openings EVER in the history of anime.

But then it went onto DBZ a series that felt RPG-ish in the fact that it was completely chocked full of random uber long battles which half way through a person would just wonder how much longer is this fight going to be.

I got sick of it half way through the Goku vs Frieza fight. I remember during the whole thing I kept wondering when the heck Goku was going to freakin win the fight and then the whole 5 minutes till Namek explodes thing which was wlel practically around like 3 to 4 episodes. I just got sick of the endless filler and WAITING for SOMETHING to happen.

Although I'd say the android/cell saga made DBZ watchable. Hercule is the friggin man by the way. Just cause he is.

As for GT I have no interest in watching it. I'm just tired of Dragonball in general and to be honest Dragonball should have just died out after DBZ. Then again I hold firm in the belief that DBZ should have never been created at all.

25. Vegeta

Aethos, you do know that Dragonball Z (up to the Frieza Saga) was originally part of Dragonball. But Cause of some bullcrap to do with it being too long they busted it into tweo series.

26. Amatsu

Hmmm not really I thought DBZ was supposed to be just a sequel of DB and I thought DBZ was originally supposed to be the Saiyan and Frieza saga's and that's it.

In my opinion DB ended on the episode of Goku and ChiChi's wedding. I mean that was practically a good ending right there. Besides Goku's based on Goku the Monkey King a chinese legend. The whole Saiyan thing was rather random don't you think?

27. Vegeta

Yeah, they did kinda just throw that outta no where. Still the fights were cool for all those who just liked violence.

28. onlythestrongest

I used to love Dragonball as well, my favorite characters were Krillin and Tien. It would have been nice if they could have kept up with the Saiyans and been more apart of the later episodes.

29. Aruka

I Like Dragon Ball Although It's A Bit Violent..i Still Like It Especially Trunks! He's Soooo Cute!

30. Vegeta

Heh onlythestrongest, Did you know that Yamcha, Krillin and Tien were all able (if they had another chance) to beat Cell during the end of the Buu saga.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.