1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 XB1 Switch PS3 360 Dragon's Dogma

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Tazmo, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Tazmo

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

There is but only eleven and a half hours until the nature of this game is revealed on the website. Between then and now, there may be a Famitsu scan or two. Who knows? Either way, the most likely scenario is that this is a new Breath of Fire game. But the console it will be on, that's not easy to figure.

What do you think it is? If you believe it is indeed Breath of Fire, what do you want to see in it? Were there things in the series that you think needed improving, or new mechanics you think would've benefited the series? Or if you're one of the few that thinks this is a Monster Hunter game, what do you think it'll offer to set it apart from the previous entries in the series? What do you want it to offer?

Speculate away. :hurr

Tags:
  2. bloodyhawk

i just got this game and it looks awesome

3. Deathbringerpt

What you guys want in the sequel? Combat and roleplaying wise?

4. Buskuv Retired Staff

I think more NPC interaction couldn't hurt; possibly a larger world.

I think the combat mostly has 'if it ain't broke don't fix it' feeling, so minor tweeks are that would be necessary. Possibly an addition of classes or weapon styles, and maybe some better targeting for Mages, but all around it's easily the strongest aspect of DD.

5. Lord Genome

higher difficulty(gets way to easy), better post game, armor dyes maybe?, larger world, and more monster varieties

6. slickcat

what genome said, one thing this game lacks is varied environment,everywhere looks the same save for witchwood. Improvements for me ( well I m bias) is having more buttons to add more powers to( the sheath weapon Button is a waste ), Add more core powers( combo wise for action fans like me). More varied enemy types though I m satisfied with the amount that is present in the game.

Though the enemies could use some randomness because I know what type of enemy is in what area and what to expect on 2nd play.

Better story for the rpg, the story felt detached and non-existent( honestly I didnt even care was busy enjoying the combat)

If the story is improved the boss fights will feel more powerful. Still love the game, just cant replay it now that I m level 70 nothing puts up a fair challenge on new game plus to even care.

7. Keollyn Retired Staff

Environment improvement? It's one of the games aspect that doesn't need improvement (just expanding--as sequels go)

But none of that matters. Claire special pawn Capcom. You know you want to.

8. slickcat

varied environment is what I said, not improved environment, you have the same greenery areas, check demon souls, amalur and skyrimm for what i mean, snowy areas, fallen tree areas, dark fantasy lush forest like witchwood but something more evil looking. Yes the game lacks varied environment.

9. Lord Genome

yeah the only thing that looks really different is witchwood and the path to blue moon tower

10. Buskuv Retired Staff

For what it is, the story isn't nearly as bland as it was made out to be.

It's not as bad as Skyrim.

Had they fleshed out the Dragon, the story can be pretty interesting in a deconstructionist sort of way.

11. Lord Genome

i didnt think it was bad at least. and yeah more Dragon would have been great, his VA was awesome

12. Keollyn Retired Staff

Varied would be an improvement. Yet that makes no sense. Have you seen forest that drastically change from one area to the next?

What you're describing is altered environments and varied scenery. Because the environment can't vary if you're in one specific environment. For that, you need different locales.

13. Buskuv Retired Staff

>that tweest after the final battle

What happened to that always smiling Innkeep? :(

14. Okokami

the Salvation plotline felt lackluster. That could of been expanded on more.
    Story wasn't really terrible, just took a long time I suppose to really pick up and was a little disjointed (By the time you face the Dragon is when things got exciting for me).

15. slickcat

As long as you understood my point, no need to elaborate further, you described it perfectly

16. DedValve

Major revamp on the awesome Assassin class to feel more like an...assassin. Although that would require different gameplay mechanics but I would love the feel of actually sneaking around and stalking unwary prey.

Other than that the usual, varied locations, bigger map, more varied enemies, a working new game +, a story that's properly told, etc. Oh and no j-pop on the fucking main menu.

New skills are a must, but I wouldn't want the game to be clustered with too many skills so perhaps removing some other skills and replacing them with more viable ones? And new classes are always nifty though I have no idea what else they could do. Oh and more temples/dungeons. We need more temples/dungeons.

I would love the ability to swim and dive into water, have actual enemies in the water from small useless fish to giant leviathan-like creatures and even have some temples underwater. But this is just me dreaming, I always wanted to fight sea creatures and shit. Would be awesome to fight a Saurian underwater that's now faster, more ferocious and deadlier.

17. Buskuv Retired Staff

Capcom doesn't like water.

But after the water battles in Monster Hunter: Tri I don't see why aside from time/budget constraints that they'd be unable to do it, but I dunno. I do think some new classes, as long as they're well planned and implemented, would be a blessing; obviously more variety with weapons, and especially with bows.

There's like no bows.

18. DedValve

What about maces? Only 1 class uses maces.

It'd be really nice to have a class that specializes in dual swords and lot's of crafty legwork and kicks to separate itself from the common dagger users.

The ability to freely control the camera when grabbing onto large enemies is something that needs to be patched in AT LEAST. It would be stupid not to add this next game.

19. Buskuv Retired Staff

Climbing does need some tweeking, since my character likes to change direction for no reason.

Of course I'd like to see more fancy weapons introduced, like flails, axes, spears and crossbows, but at least a slight increase in variety in the amount available.

20. Lord Genome

oh god i forgot about this, yeah this is important

fuck you Ur dragon

21. Icognito

22. Deathbringerpt

They seriously need to tune up the roleplaying aspect of the story and setting. You notice that the game clearly focused on the combat and combat based quests, which is the bulk of the game but the moment you start screwing around in town, you see they never spent much time in it.

Like if you start fucking up to the point where you don't have any money, you can still bribe the guard to get out of prison. With nothing. Or like when you do the Queen/King freaky happenings in the bedroom and you're being chased out of town but if you return to it shortly after, the King talks to you like nothing ever happened.

You know, things like that which breaks immersion. I'm sure Itsuno will improve combat and interface in the sequel so I'd rather ask for shit he probably won't pay much attention.

Last edited: Jul 2, 2012
  23. Buskuv Retired Staff

I never really considered the game to be a full-fledged RPG since it seems to focus on combat and action; it'd be cool, but I doubt it. I'd rather them fix a few things rather than dump a bunch of shit into the game that doesn't look well or breaks the immersion even more; I'm not really going to expect a strong roleplaying element from Dragon's Dogma since that's not its main draw.

But those weird happenings where you get in big trouble and then nothing else happens is pretty funny.

24. Icognito

What happens if you do the big whirlwind thing in the Duke's castle?

25. The World

Apparently the RE6 demo is out if you have this game.

Which I don't. :tomacry

26. Icognito

Ok it killed everyone in the room but the Duke, then he killed me in 2 slashes O_o

27. Buskuv Retired Staff

Do the meteors.

28. bloodyhawk

oh god transportation here sure gets repetitive

29. Icognito

30. slickcat

demo is out for only 360 owners, sadly PS3 only owners will have to wait even if u own the DD