1. img
    Come join the 5th Democratic Primary Debate Watch-Along!
    The debate will air on November 20th from 9-11 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

PC PS4 XB1 Switch PS3 360 Dragon's Dogma

Discussion in 'Arcade' started by Tazmo, Jun 30, 2012.

1. Jin22

Is the post game dungeon in the everfall? There are two quest boards in the pawn guild. The furthest one has quests I'm not sure I can go after

2. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Yeah, the everfall, tough as shit, soom rooms will be hard at max level, thankfully you don't have to do all of it.

You will be replaying the game a lot, don't feel bad about missing a few quests.

3. Jin22

Thanks for the tips bro. You've been a help. Stay tuned...gonna need you more probably

4. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Make sure you place down your port crystals at the best places, good placement can let you beat the game in a half hour easily.

5. Jin22

Right. That one, I figured out early. My spots so far are Witchwood, Healing Springs furthest south and Hillfigure Knoll

6. Xiammes Supporting Staff

I put a port crystal in the camp near the shadow fort, the camp is good for healing and its near a cyclops, bunch of goblins and hob goblins, some lizard men and the drake spawn. If you venture out a bit you can find a chimera and twin cyclops, post game has another Drake where the cyclops spawn. Its one of the best grinding spots in general.

Did you put the port crystal in witchwood our just outside of it? You only go to witchwood like twice during a playthrough if you do those quests, outside of it is a better spot since there are a lot of bandits around it and can be like a shortcut to the other fort.

7. Jin22

The healing springs isn't too far from the fort area.. There are lots of Hob Goblins a respawning Golem two cyclops and a respawning chimera plus lots of lizard men as well

The crystal I placed was just outside of witchwood

8. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Thats not bad, I was thinking of the other healing spring. Golem is to much work to fight for the exp and the drake is worth it assuming you can kill it reliable.

9. Jin22

The southern most spring is where I placed it. The Drake is tons a work but I finally fell it

10. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Higher levels and on hard difficultly the drake is worth farming, respawns ever 3 days, which is why the camp is good because you can res to pass the days quickly.

11. Jin22

Man, I play this game in a hit and run motion. Go to work, play the game, get home, play it again. Go snowboarding come back play it again. I'm on lv 50 and on Fournivl's trial because of that

What do you mean by farming the drake. You must mean b a good way of leveling up

12. Krory

I'm not sure what Xiammes meant but it'd be good for Dragon-Forging.

13. Jin22

Dragon forging is only in post game right?

14. Krory

I think you have to beat the Dragon (the boss) at least once, yes, before you can start dragon forging but I might be wrong.

15. Jin22

Too many hints at beating the game. I'll get back to you guys next big boss I get too. I'll try to stay on the main story for now

16. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Its a good exp source but has a chance to dragonforge your equipment when you kill it.

Dragonforge was the highest level you could increase your items, you can only get it by killing the Dragon, Drakes and the Ur Dragon. Killing the storyline Dragon will automatically Dragon Forge all your equipped items, the Drakes and Ur Dragon only give you a small chance to Dragon Forge your gear. The Bitter Black Isle expansion introduced 2 upgrades past Dragon Forging, but the equipment needs to be Dragon Forged first.

17. Jin22

Figured this has been done. Almost confused on the thread merge.

You come with the golden stuff. Good piece of news I can use. So its a good chance that if I fight the drake, it will forge my items. I know it talks a lot...felt good finally beating it

18. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Yeap, make sure you have equipment you want Dragon Forged on.

Once you can kill the offline UR dragon, you might want to take a stab at hard mode, it doubles exp so its a really good way outside of BBI to level up fast.

19. Jin22

Off tonight so, I'll have a session. Get far in the main story. I keep seeing things about this Ur Dragon thing

20. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Ur dragon is something that can only be fought in the
    Spoiler:
    everfall, a warp point is spawned on NG+ so you can fight it any time you want.

Its a huge dragon fight that has multiple phases and you likely won't kill it in one attempt without try harding at max level or without some broken set ups. It has a online and offline version, both will fly off after about a 10 minute fight, when you fight it again it will keep the same damage as before. Defeating it will drop about 20 wake stones(they revive you on death) and a bunch of gear that is considered the highest you can get before BBI.

The Offline version has a static amount of health, so it will be the same no matter how many times you challenge it. The online UR dragon has a lot more health, basically all the damage you do to it will get sent back to the server and the UR dragon will update with all the damage that everyone else that has been fighting it every time you challenge it. Landing the killing blow will reward you with all the gear it can drop and your name appears on a leader board. Each time one is killed, the next version is more powerful and has more health.

Online UR dragon is what level 200's spend their free time fighting, to fight the offline UR dragon, simple disable your connection online through the in game options, make sure you have what ever pawns you want before that. Offline Ur dragon is best first challenged at level 80-90+, killing it is proof your ready for BBI, though you don't have to kill it before BBI.

21. Krory

I assume Xiammes is just classing them together but there's actually three dragons outside the Ur-Dragon and Grigori - Drake, Wyrm, and Wyvern. They all have different weaknesses and strengths (one even has their heart in a different spot), but they all ultimate provide the same chances of Dragon Forging. Just remember, the higher you have your stuff already upgraded the better chance of DFing (18% chance if your stuff is Level 3 if fighting a Drake, Wyrm, or Wyvern - but if they aren't upgraded at all, they cannot DF that item - it's a 0% chance). On-line Ur-Dragon, like the main Dragon, is 100% chance of DFing your items if you get the killing blow - off-line, it's a 0% chance for no-level items but 40% for third level.

However in Bitterblack Isle you'll find three advanced forms of those dragons - Firedrake, Frostwyrm, and Thunderwyvern. Obviously more powerful, but they have like a 40% chance of DFing a three-star item.

Check out the Dragon's Dogma Wiki, it has a lot of great info and stats if you want to get into that stuff and provides further information on the dragons and their chances of DFing and things like that.

22. Krory

Also, just in case it wasn't automatically assume (and I didn't see if Xiammes mentioned) but you only Dragon Forge items you have equipped - items equipped on your Pawn are not Dragon Forged nor are items just sitting in your inventory so if you want to DF equipment for your pawn, you're gonna have to put it on yourself and then go through the DFing process.

23. Jin22

This is crazy. So you can fight the Ur Dragon with other players if your online. Sounds fun. It is mentioned a lot this Ur Dragon but, what is the best way to encounter it. I swear you guys are making this game more interesting the more you give me info

So there's more dragon than the Ur, Drake and the FV Dragon. I think I encountered the Frost Wyrm...just a feeling. It was on BBI. Two pawns died with one move. Needless to say, I was gone from that place. I like the tidbit on dragon forging items. That right now is my main pursuing goal.

24. Keollyn Retired Staff

No. You're helping others bring it down, but you're on your own in the actual fight.

25. Xiammes Supporting Staff

You don't really fight the UR dragon with other players at the same time(just you and your pawns), but if 50 people are fighting it, then it updates every 10 or so minutes with the combined damage that everyone has dealt. Makers Finger seems to have no effect on this however.

Don't try the online version first, its meant to be killed over the course of several days with hundreds of people trying to kill it. The offline version is going to be hell for anyone under level 80ish, so if you find it by accident, I say avoid it.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2016
  26. Krory

Yes. There is one Drake, one Wyrm, and one Wyvern in the wild but when killed they need time to respawn. I forget if you can encounter them randomly in the Everfall though in post-game. I got the game again on PC but didn't do as much so I'm really out of touch. :catsweat

And yeah, the BBI only has those updated/more powerful versions. There's also a "Cursed" Dragon, sort of like an Undead Dragon I think - he appears in one spot in BBI and then can be baited in certain areas in BBI I think...

27. Jin22

That...sounds really unfair. Also, I likely will never use the maker's finger. I don't like winning with one shot. Thats boring

I will make it a priority to find and kill them all. Every kind of dragon will be a target

28. Krory

According to the Wiki, a Maker's Finger will instantly destroy a heart as long as you actually hit it - just hitting the dragon with it does nothing though - same goes for Grigori, it'll instantly kill him but only if you actually hit the heart. :catthinks

29. Jin22

So what happens if I give Caxton the silver or the bronze idol instead of the gold?

30. Krory

His items just aren't as good. There's three tiers of weapons and armor that become available depending on the idol you give him and it stacks - so if you give him bronze you get tier 1, silver gives tier 1 and 2, gold gives tier 1, 2, and 3. Same premise for Madeleine if she's around.