1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Drawin in propertion, I dont understand but...

Discussion in 'Art 101' started by Zhero, Nov 28, 2005.

1. Zhero

Could someone show me and example of this im posting up one of my pictures for critique, for years now ive just been in a slump in drawiing, ive been stuck to this kind of drawing since i was 13 and im 21 now..lemme kno if something is wrong with this drawing..

the character in the drawing is named Zhero...he is a character i created in 5th grade, when i made a comic book, but lemme kno what yall think of this..

THIS IS ZHERO EVERYONE!!!

Tags:
  2. Therahedwig

Well, the proportions is one big thing you have to think about.
    The general rule is: a full body is eight times the head, but with big characters, like yours, the body may even be a bit bigger.
    Also, you can think of having the torso an 2 1/2 head long when drawing(and again, with muscular goku like characters, it's a bit bigger)

But you have the technique under control at least...

3. RealaMoreno

To help with proportions, use guidelines such as ovals, squares and cylinders.

4. syarul

He ask sincerely for help, and you spam for no good at all. If you a lacking with suggestions and thoughts just don't, this isn't the right place...

5. StoneWalker

The best way to break out of these types of styles is to draw what you see instead of what you can imagine .n____n.

Start by sketching people in daily activity; walking, sitting, talking on the phone, etc. Once you practice the basic human figure, you can do just about anything (that involves changing the anatomy; cartoon, manga, cariacture, and better understanding of real-world lighting if you shade)

I think your Zhero character looks great, and the thick neck adds alot of character to him XD (have you ever seen Bobby Chui's "3 Ninja's?")

There are a few sites that have good anatomy studies done by various artists, here's a few I got from some old posts I made;

Rebecca's Anatomy Reviews, etc.

Male/ Female Figure Drawing

Artmorgue.com and CA's ref subforum

Head Anatomy (for illustration)

These ones aren't too bad, I had trouble finding better ones (or just got lazy XD)

:leepose

6. Zhero

thanks for the advice i would definitley put this into some work

7. RealaMoreno