1. Alley-Chan contest
    Join us in the Alley's anthropomorphizing contest!
    Deadline for entries is on May 31th at 4pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dragon Ball Banner Contest
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Banner Contest!
    Deadline for entries is June 24 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Drax vs. Hulk

Discussion in 'Comics Battledome' started by Poxbox, Feb 24, 2014.

1. Poxbox

This thread celebrates the upcoming Guardians of the Galaxy movie and also Leikeim Steinbier (it has an awesome kind of sweetness, because they drop red hot stones in it that caramelize some of the malt's sugar).

Drax got himself the nickname "Space Hulk" so he gets to justify it by fighting the original. This is Drax at the height of his power (probably Power Gem Drax, but I am not overly familiar with the character).
    Since I don't know Drax' exact power level this is a gauntlet.

Both are bloodlusted. Fight takes place on Namek.

First up: grey Hulk
    followed by: Professor Hulk
    3rd: Savage Hulk
    If those are all too weak we still have a reserve consisting of
    WWH, Worldbreaker Hulk and (most likely way overkill) War Hulk.
    Where does he stop? Does he deserve the Nickname?

Tags:
  2. Tranquil Fury

Drax if he's at his best beats Grey and maybe Professor. Loses to Savage/regular Hulk whose got tons of insane feats including post Green Scar variants like WWH and Worldbreaker.

He has feats like the Thanos(version 1) clash that caused the planet to erade away, going on a rampage destroying a planet and a star bare handed, surviving Thanos(ver 1) weird time/space telepathy attack(keep forgetting the name of this), holding Surfer's board in place so tight he could'nt leave, no selling Surfer flying them both through a Sun, getting back up after a short while from being KO'd by a casual blast from Odin, threatening to destroy/split Soul World in two if not for being stopped etc.

Riddick Drax/Third version Drax is horribly weaker and while he has some weird anti-Thanos power where his hands glow(he states he has the kill code for Thanos in Annihilation before the Thanos killing scene) it's most likely useless against Hulk, Drax seems to be designed to kill Thanos specifically through some weird code using the Werewolf/Silver Bullet analogy with Drax saying he's the Silver Bullet(think Giffen also said Drax's presence weakened Thanos in an interview but till I can find that take this with a grain of salt) and this could be due to him considered the avatar of life to combat Thanos the avatar of death.

They fought in the comic Savage Hulk(writers have only made Hulk stronger since then arguably) and Drax IIRC think it was Blood and Thunder arc but been a while(I'm incidently planning to reread that). Drax+power gem has the whole get stronger and stronger aspect Hulk does but I'd wager he'd get taken down before he out does Hulk's constant increases.

Grey: He'll lose even with his high end feats
    Professor Hulk: May be hard to put down due to his regen and stats
    Savage: This one wins at his higher showings

Worldbreaker and such are'nt needed.

3. Brightsteel

Didn't Drax slug it out with Silver Surfer? I remember seeing something like that in the wiki, but I can't remember exactly what was said.

5. Tranquil Fury

Dumb Drax vs Surfer?That was'nt a fight outside him blasting Surfer only for him to get back up and keep talking to Eros and Mentor plus when he got annoyed he blasted Drax down. Later on Drax holds Surfer's board in place through sheer strength and Surfer can't leave to find Thanos unless Drax let's him(that's actually a very good strength feat) so Surfer tricks Drax by letting him on his board and trying to shake him off by doing stuff like smashing into an asteroid and flying through a yellow Sun but Drax does not budge(both treat it like they felt nothing from being in the Sun).

If they fought some other time which is possible then I have not read that fight or don't recall it.

6. Galo de Lion

Old Drax fought with Silver Surfer (as said above). New Drax ripped Thanos's heart out in one go, the same Thanos that Hulk isn't able to even scratch, even with the help of Thing and (non-Chaos War) Hercules. Unless there's a weak version of Drax I'm missing, any version of Drax stomps all versions of Hulk.

7. Tranquil Fury

Drax has outright said in Annihilation "I'm the Silver bullet to his werewolf" or something along those lines including about how the ability to kill Thanos is in his genetic code. Yet some people ignore or forget this whenever that Drax/Thanos scene is used.

MoonDragon: Thanos was power incarnate

She mentions this with regards to the locks to free Galactus(starved/near death) which required Thanos's power level to match. Drax agrees with Moon Dragon that neither of them had such power.

The closest he ever got to that again was in Thanos Imperative when Thanos was still not 100% and even then he attacked Thanos first before using some weird anti-matter bomb that killed him, which was basically an excuse to show that Thanos could not die at that time as shown him by him regening back then taking out Drax version 3 in one hit to establish how beneath him Drax was in power level.

A Thanos that was naked, just brought back from death, berserk, no tech, no prep and nowhere near 100% had the Guardians of the Galaxy at his mercy. This team included Mantis, Gamora, Moondragon, Cosmo and some others including Drax himself, Thanos was KO'd only after Quill used an incomplete cosmic cube given to him by Kang which broke his telepathic defenses allowing the psychics to shut his mind down till he revived later on in captivity. Drax even during his first version was inferior to Thanos(version 1/pre first death), when Thanos has gotten stronger post revival and arguably Drax as well post revival it's still made clear how much Thanos dwarfs Drax.

That Annihilation scene involving Drax version 3/Thanos is not useable here most likely.

8. Lord Raizen

How can you maintain that higher forms of Hulk aren't needed to fight Prime Drax, when the latter consistently takes on and dishes out Herald level attacks?

Hulk isn't Herald level, even his strongest incarnations are planet level+ at best.

While still canon, Hulk's fight records with other characters can be very misleading, because he's fought damn near everyone. Hulk hardly ever lost a fight, but we all know he was and still is much less powerful than the likes of Thor, Surfer, Gladiator etc. based on actual feats.

When Hulk can casually star bust, then he can perhaps harm Prime Drax.