1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Dubbed Naruto: not the usual discussion.

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by RockLee, Sep 2, 2005.

1. RockLee

This is a bit different from arguing whether it is a plague or a blessing, if subbed>dubbed or viceverse.

My question is: should the 1st episode of American Naruto be up for DL?

I can see both sides of the debate, and I would like some well though out, coherant, and tolerant opinions expressed. If you believe someone is completely in the wrong, say so, not "YOU ARE ALL JACKASSES" even though you may be right. Thanks! =)

I can argue for it. I don't have cable. I can't afford it. So, as a consequence, I never watch T.V. at home. I am merely curious about how the voice acting is going to be, to hear it with my own ears. No, I cannot go to a friend's house, simply because none of my friends live a reasonable distance from me, just to watch Naruto. I wouldn't mind if they put it up for DL, as long as they took it out after the first, say, three days, and request that any fan that has it please delete it. To remove NF from any harm, any statement made on the mainpage about making it available could be easily deleted. Mods could ask the forum goers to please not mention it, to just say "Have you seen/heard the dubbed" not "have you dled the episode from NF?" This could be easily be remedied without excessive abuse of the mods (poor mods. ^_^). Just as some forums have a program where certain words are edited or changed into something else when posted (i.e. shit=poo). They could set up when the phrase i.e. "have you dled dubbed Naruto from NF?" be changed to "Have you seen the new naruto on tv?"

However (this is my counter argument) many people are not as scrupulous. They will get the episode and distribute it over the net and keep it on their hard drives. People other wise motivated to watch the anime and pay for cable will be watching it for free on the net. They won't erase it, they'll simply archive it. It's very greedy of me to want to watch the episode without wanting to pay to watch it, or making the necessary effort to go to a friend's house to watch it. Besides, if NF did put it up for DL, Viz isn't stupid. They'd find out within that 3 day time period. They probably have lurkers here on the forums and a guy monitoring NF from time to time. They can save a screen shot for proof. Besides, keeping someone from saying "ddi ya dl naruto dubbed from NF?" is tantamount to stopping them from breathing with purely psychic power. It's not going to happen.

Anybody got anything to say?

Tags:
  2. Iruka-Senpai

I don't think Naruto Fan will put up dub downloads but I'm sure some sites will and I think DaDogin or Tazmo will probably post a comparison between the dub and sub when it comes out for the fans.:huh

Last edited: Sep 3, 2005
  3. TenshiOni

Don't worry, Carlos, I'm recording the episode on a VHS tape. XD

4. silverwings

No. If downloading the fansubs wasn't illegal enough already, then have the dub (which is licensed by an american company) is taking the cake.

The dub is the property of Viz, as well as the original japanese companies. If the dub were available for download, then people would be less inclined to buy the DVDs. Which is very, VERY bad for business.

NarutoFan shouldn't even think of associating itself with uploading and allowing the download of dubs. It's asking for trouble, personally. Sure, it *could* go unnoticed. But this is the one of the more popular Naruto sites, it comes up first in many google/yahoo searches.

It wouldn't go unnoticed and then we'd be in a worse place than not having the dub available online. They would find out (through NarutoFan) that fansubs are still being made (more illegal when a series is licensed) and that scanlations of the manga that Viz also owns are still being made (more illegalness).

So, in summary, the consequences are too grave. Plus it's illegal and wrong. See if you can't get a friend who has cable to tape it for you. Or, worse comes to worse, you can watch the dub when you buy the uncut DVDs.

Just my enlongated and probably rantish (sorry :sweatdrop) $.02. :S

5. TDM

Yeah hehe, NF is already in danger, better not make it worse.

6. genjo sanzo

all talk of licensces aside, I say it should be up for download, if it is any good.

Seriously, or at least put the first 2 up to let people vote or something. I mean in some rare cases an anime sounds better in English to me, so I would download it that way, or dual audio. Then again, it IS on toonami.

7. brownsm

dun think NF will have dubbed on download.me not bothered wether i see it or not really.iv already heard naruto's voice from soundtrack i downloaded.he sound pansy to me...urg

8. GTOnizukadude

I think its way too dangerous to put it online. Viz is probably waiting to see if anyone does, and I don't want to see NF get shut down.

(plus I have sattelite, but that's not important...)

9. Splintered

The last thing NF needs is more controversy. I'm sure someone will upload it, but it will probably be very underground.

Though, it's very common for people to rip out one minute segments with voices and put them on mp3's and such in all fandoms. You will probably be hearing there voices anyways.

10. R_Lee86

Im sure itll be up somewhere, probably an IRC chat or a torrent. But definately not NF.

11. cunning Kitsune

why can't you just watch T.V.? you know your going to eventually anyway. Why go to the leagal trouble for putting it up for download? I can see maybe a 4 minute clip fromcartoon network website or its Naruto's American licencer but why Narutofan? Thats tottally stepping out of the grey area.

12. seanrider2005

Someone would have to annonymously make a torrent for it and submit it to torrentspy...simple as that. All shows in the US are practically illegally downloadable.

13. Azradon

or upload it to a free hoster...

14. RockLee

Good, I have heard good arguments against dling it. I was more inclined twoards that, anyways.

The anonymous torrent thing might work, as long as it's not associated in any way with NF. I.e. Shannaro! is a group started on the forums and caters mainly to these forums. As long as someone on the forums doesn't start a "dl the sub" group, NF shouldn't have any problems.

For the person who asked why I don't watch T.V.: I don't normally watch it at all, and I don't have cable. T.v. bores me. Very few programs pique my curiosity and Naruto is one of them. However, I for got that Tenshi shall lend me the VHS.

OMGWTFBBQSAUCEKTHNXGBGGNORM!=Wow, Tenshi, thanks man! You just made my day. =D

15. mgrace

Well Cartoon network has the rights to the first 50 episodes... Look if it takes off we o Naruto Fan should combine our money and buy 135 when Sasuke and naruto fight... and make a profit out of that episode hahahaha..... Yeah...... Ohh well back to bed..

16. lwong81

you cannot pay for it, so you want to dl it?...that is like saying, "I cannot afford xyz, but i really want it, so i will just jack it."

that is no good, suck it up and live without it.

17. abfluvver

Hmmm...illegal as it might be (and all anime DLing is illegal anyways), plenty of other animes have their dubs up online for download, and in many cases, the dual-audio version ripped from the DVDs.
    The Narudub will probably surface somewhere at some point, and it isn't too hard to find anything on the internet.

18. RockLee

abfluvver, you have a point there. However, I hope that Viz won't try to pin it on NF. I also love your sig! XD

Iwong, I posted for/against it, to see what people wouls say. I can see both sides of the debate. Well, you are right though...=P

19. TDM

err can NF get introuble if one moron posts the link on the forums?

20. cunning Kitsune

maybe because they have the power to erase any post they deem hazardous

if the series does well on Cartoon Network, it will probably be brought to
    WB channel 11 (its ch.11 in NY anyway) so anyone with a T.V. should be able to watch it. I dont have cable either btw:sad

21. Sweet Ambrosia

There should be places where you can pay to download it.

22. abz_

if naruto makes it big in america the you can be sure that the american licence holders will hire ppl in dark rooms to google naruto and then search the sites for what content they have. cos it's subbed i doubt that they will bother but if it were a dubbed then NF will most probably be sent a C&D order.

ABZ

23. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki

Seriously. There is more to Earth than the US. Lots of ignorant people online always assume that the only people watching subs are americans. They aren't. It's pretty common to hear people saying shit like "why do you download shows when they're shown on television?".

No. They're not shown on television. I don't give a fuck about american anime licenses. Period.

24. BlueBerry

1. All the dubbed episodes shud and will be on various torrents-sites, based on the simple rule that you can download everything if you just know where to look.

2. I can't see any moral difference in downloadning a japanese show that I can't watch on tv and an american show that I have no chance of watching either. It's not any less "greedy" either

25. AstralSky

People are already plotting the destruction of NF. Didn't anyone read the Wired article? The Admins here are morons. Any mention of getting the Dub online would spell disaster.

26. taboo

I dunno, they might have the first few American eps online. :p Even though it was illegal, if you knew where to go, you could get dubbed One Piece on IRC for the first few monthes. (they eventually stopped it to my knowlege)

27. Sariachan

Ever heard of eDonkey or eMule? I don't use them, but I bet the dubbed episodes will be there.

Anyway, I really can't see the point to download the dubs when we have the subs. ;)

You're making too troubles though, even if you download something from the net the original thing is always better, and you can always buy it.
    On the other end, if you haven't the mony to but something, you won't but it even if is wouldn't be available on internet.

28. Toffeeman

*cough* Not everyone lives in America Land *cough*

29. And1balla2829

I might record them and put them up on the forums or something ;) Only when I can though.

30. gaara930

foxes cannot be trusted neither can cats