1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Upcoming Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (Dan Machi)

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Vandal Savage, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Dungeon ni Deai wo Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru Darou ka (Dan Machi)

Genre: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

Staff:
    Original Creator: Fujino Oomori
    Original Character Design: Suzuhito Yasuda
    Director: Yoshiki Yamakawa
    Series Composer: Hideki Shirane
    Music: Keiji Inai
    Anime Character Designer: Shigeki Kimoto
    Animation Studio: J.C. Staff

Cast:

Bell Cranel: Yoshitsugu Matsuoka
    Hestia: Inori Minase
    Liliruca Ahde: Maaya Uchida
    Haruka Tomatsu: Eina Tulle
    Shizuka Ishigami: Syr Flover

[YOUTUBE]wxhpfkyg7_c[/YOUTUBE]

In case I haven't already made it clear elsewhere on the forums: This.Is.My.Shit. :yay :yay :yay

My body has been waiting for this for well over a year now. The which is the source material is a great read and the characters are really vibrant. We aren't just getting your usual cookie cutter stereotypes thrown around in this one and the concept/danger of exploring the dungeon and the adventurers' leveling system are adeptly handled in this series.

That being said, they messed up by casting Matsuoka as Bell. Complete and utter mismatch because he doesn't fit Bell's character or the fact he is 14 years old but I'm just going to have to live with it at this point. I'm hoping JC Staff doesn't fail me on this one.

Anyway, Dan Machi is priority #1 for me when Spring season starts and I'm pestering as many people as I can to join me in watching it when the time comes. :hoho

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Tags:
  2. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

3. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Genres: Action, Adventure, Comedy, Fantasy, Romance

I forgot to put that into the OP. :sweatdrop *will fix*

The series primarily focuses on exploring the underground dungeon the city is built on top of and Bell's physical and mental growth from a novice/weakling to a seasoned adventurer. Along the way he gets help from his goddess, fellow adventurers and dungeon explorers, and normal people in the city.

4. Eternal Dreamer The Bored Lolmaster

Ahh ok. Was just curious to know of it was a harem anime. Anyway, will check it. Seems interesting.

5. the_notorious_Z.É. The Pirate Prime minister

Portugal
    I'm skimming through the trailer and all I see is tits and ass.

:kthumb

6. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

This is about the dude who tries to pick up chicks in dungeons, right?
    Or is that another dungeon anime?

7. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

It has harem elements but in a refreshing way. None of the overused and tired tropes we get with series that just want to blatantly pander.

They have to get the usual suspects on board. :LOS

More accurately, he wants to have a chance encounter with a chick while exploring the dungeon. Be the hero, get the girl, and all that. It doesn't go quite as he planned it in his head. :maybe

There might be another anime that is similar but due to how this title got translated in the west it gives off a less innocent and pure feel. :lmao

8. Punk Zebra Earth's CEO

This will probably be 12 episodes considering the manga is at 30. I can't wait to see Hestia and the other goddesses in color.:nod

9. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

"Yes! Thank you light novel adaptations for continuing this naming trend. I am so pleased about this. There was a time after My Little Sister Can’t Be This Cute that all light novels wanted to follow that naming scheme. The idea was that people looking for light novels couldn’t be arsed picking up the books in the store and reading the back for a synopsis, so instead they had to start including the synopsis in the book title. But more recently that trend has been dying and they’ve been getting more innocuous titles like No Game No Life. That’s awful! I want trash to advertise itself properly as trash! Someone can say “oh I watched Sword Art Online” and have it not sound like the garbage it is. I want them to say “I watched The Pet Girl of Sakurasou” and people will instantly know that it’s dogshite about a guy keeping a sexy mentally disabled girl as a pet. I want my Yuji Everylead the Bland deposited in Generic Fantasy MMORPG and his gaming skills get him all the sexy ladies to be advertised as such on the box so everyone knows what it is going in. So thank you ‘Is It Wrong To Pick Up Girls In A Dungeon’. Hopefully other light novels will follow your lead."

10. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

This guy is way too overused :facepalm

11. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

Had a feeling this series would eventually get animated. Didn't expect to see it this upcoming season though. Looking forward to it in any case.

12. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

This is how I felt about Yuki Kaji a few years ago when he was getting every MC role under the sun. Now its Yoshitsugu Matsuoka getting everything even when he doesn't even FIT the character he is voicing in this case. He doesn't suit Bell one fucking iota but he gets the role anyway. :sag

They probably wanted to get the core Dan Machi series out in Spring so they can attempt to get the Sword Oratoria side series out in Fall since it has enough novels to be animated now.

13. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

I like Yuki Kaji though :maybe , Matsuoka is just annoying and you're totally right about him not suiting anyone he voices these days (especially the current season). I might dislike him even more than Uchiyama Kouki at this point.

14. Punk Zebra Earth's CEO

I agree. When reading the manga you get a sense that Bells voice is much softer. Its weird hearing kiritos voice in this. That Yoshitsugu Matsuoka is everywhere and even in the upcoming Shokugeki no Soma he plays Soumas voice. just can get away.:lmao

15. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

[YOUTUBE]sbcwRt0y4kY[/YOUTUBE]

16. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

[HorribleSubs] Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka - 01 [480p]
    [HorribleSubs] Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka - 01 [720p]
    [HorribleSubs] Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka - 01 [1080p]

My body is ready. :yay

17. Punk Zebra Earth's CEO

Just watched the first episode and I will say it again that Kirito does not fit Bells voice. This anime feels like SAO which is not a bad thing, but when you read the manga you feel no such thing.

Hestia is exactly what I imagined which is good and the sword princesses bar entrance was pretty nice too. So far its okay.

Guessing this will be 12 episodes right?

18. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

Kirito's seiyuu doesn't really fit that many characters but he keeps getting shoved into a lot of roles he doesn't fit and his voice isn't that great. It's kind of annoying really.

19. luffy no haki 1st seat

first episode was nice, though I agree, the voice doesn?t really fit Bell. Still the rest of the cast that appeared this ep is fine.

20. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Well, I know Matsuoka is trying but he really shouldn't have gotten this role. His voice just doesn't match Bell's character.

However, they really nailed Hestia's character in this and I think they captured the atmosphere of Orario for the most part. I think they did fairly well with Aizu's character for the little that she showed up in episode 1. Hell, Eina too it is like they got everyone else right but Bell was the sacrifice to make it happen.

I really think the dungeon combat and the atmosphere there could use some work in later episodes. I can tell the world-building on that front might suffer a bit but as long as they properly illustrate the threat-level of the dungeon I'll live.

Solid start I hope they nail episode 2.

That is what I'm thinking. 12 episodes or hopefully 13. Based on the images I saw in the OP it looks like it is going to go up to volume 5 so if it is going to be one cour that 13th episode could help a lot.

21. Revan21 Ecchi Sempai & Lucky Pervert

I have to agree, that Matsuoka was a bad choice for Bell, a girly boku shota voice would have suited the character better.

Other that that, the episode was interesting. Not exactly fun, because it lacked action, but their are a few promising characters I'm looking forward to getting to know better.

22. ~Greed~ Well-Known Member Advisor

Nice first episode, but Bell's voice does not fit at all. All the other Seiyuu's fit the character they voice fine. But bell should have been voiced by a woman.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. Seems that every other person who has watched the show and knows anything about the series agrees.

23. MusubiKazesaru Moderator Moderator

From the naming scheme I thought it'd be another LN with a shitty descriptive title, but it was actually a manga :lmao . This isn't actually as bad as I thought it'd be. The mc is kind of a pussy atm, but the end shows that he has room to grow. Hestia was pretty hot, I quite like her design.

24. reaperunique I3

When I saw the image I was very curious about it so I started reading the manga, it wasn't bad. However, just like most series of its kind, the adaption is done waaaaaay to soon.
    Either way, I'm going to watch it.

It got renamed to DanMachi:
    [HorribleSubs] Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatteiru no Darou ka - 01 [1080p]

25. Punk Zebra Earth's CEO

You on point right there. I also think they should up a bit the combat, just imagine if it was like unlimited blade works.:)

26. Kira Yamato Genei Ryodan Retired Staff

I've only read the manga adaptation, so from that standpoint it seemed like decent start to the series. There was nothing particularly eye catching about the battle scenes. The only bright point would be the character designs.

27. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

It is a Light Novel that also has a manga adapting the material. :hoho

Yeah, he has a lot of room to grow and the majority of the fandom are fans of Hestia. :lmao

The anime will be fine there are 7 volumes total with the latter 3 being on the heavy side in terms of content. It shouldn't be lacking in material to cover if it is only going to be 1-cour.

I noticed that after waking up. Will fix because that is unreasonable to copy and paste each week.

I'm thinking that is what will eventually happen once the dungeon gets more focus. Right now we are at the point where Bell is still experiencing a lot of things in the city and interacting with the people there.

28. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a Retired Staff

I thought the first episode was alright, I'll watch another to see where it goes. I do like that it has the main character trying to become stronger so he could be on equal footing with the girl. But I'm not sure I actually like him, haha.

29. na good kush

Catdank Faction:
    Aiz is best girl.

30. Corwin Trained Stalemate Associate

The first episode was fun and the animation seemed pretty good.

The only thing I didn't like was the bar scene where that kemonomimi dude was talking shit about Bell. It felt extremely forced, especially the part where he asked about who would Aiz rather go out with. WTF? The wolf guy never saw Bell in his life and only heard a few words about him. Makes no sense.

Oh, and elf in business suit is best girl.