1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Dynasty Warriors 5: Empires

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Yondy, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Yondy .

It's been out for a while, but I couldn't find a thread about it, there probably is but my searching skills are horrible. :/

Anyway, it's an Expansion of the DW series, but not really at a high enough level of developping to be a full sequel (Did that even make sense? XDDDD). Anyway, I madelove/have mastered/have bought every single game in this series, and I wasn't exactly disappointed with this one. It gets a bit repetitive (though all the games are :/), 'sides that its pretty awesome and stuff. =]

Tags:
  2. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I was highly disapointed with this game actually. I have it, but I wasn't motivated to get every ending variant like 4.

3. Hokage Naruto Well-Known Member

I tried DW5: XL and was disappointed. I didn't want to go an waste money on an expansion, I know, I would be disappointed. The only expansion I love the the Samurai Warriors Expansion was great, with Tadakatsu Honda as a new character at the time.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2006
  4. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

This is empires actually. It's not as much of an expansion as just a variation of DW5. Though I liked XL for the older ones. 5 XL's custom weapon system was a bad replacement for the extra weapon.

But again, that's XL, and this is empires. I never really liked the restraints of empires' combat system. The unique skills never really played that well tactically, and the base system was never implemented well. I accepted that with 4 since it was the first attempt, but with empires 5, they just got lazy.....again.

5. Carth304 Member

The series got worse and worse. I mean, the first one you could fit a lot of people on screen. Now, with the 5th your lucky to fit like 30. I mean you would think they would advance, but they don't they get worse and worse. The only thing they add on are extra playable characters. I mean, if the freaking battles stay the same.

6. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Actually the newer games have more people on screen than the older ones, and they attack in better patterns as well, instead of coming at you with no plans.

7. Hokage Naruto Well-Known Member

I was just comparing that if XL sucked, I doubt Empires would be any better or worth the money.

8. Carth304 Member

If you have a 360 get Ninety Nine Nights.

9. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I heard that game was a disapointment too, though that's from people who didn't like the DW series much anyway. But this isn't about that, this is about DW5 empires.

10. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

Atleast you dont instantly lose if you get hit by an arrow, like in 3...

And they change and add new battles every time. new charecters, items, stories, modes, and so on.

When i first started playing long ago, i played through with every char. Now when i buy it, i just play enough unlock the new charecters, try out the new charecters, and re-maxout my old favorites. (namely SSX and Zhou Tai sometimes a few other Wu people.)

Still very fun, but as others have said it gets far to repetitive if you do more then this every release.

Empires was good, but i pretty much unlocked half the stuff, maxed out 4 guys, then moved on... Now it's Samurai Warriors 2.... which is excellent, far better then the crap they released in the first one.

11. gabha GB's Norman

I played it to get the Achievement points for it at first, but I quickly got addicted and was reminded why I love the series, even with all the repetiveness and mediocre graphics.

12. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

NO< DO NOT GET IT...IT SUCKS ASS :nuts

13. nusty New Member

14. Centuryslayer Oh! My Heart!

so, what IS new in DW5 empires, besides from the empire mode, wich I quite frankly hasn't really understood how it works (never played the empire versions)

are there new maps? characters etc?

Sw2 had a serious lack of maps :(
    and since there where no rare items to hunt I got bored rather fast.
    sure there was some rare skills, but it just ain't the same -___-
    (I loved the skill system, though I just miss the rare super items. And I dig the way new moves where added according to level instead of weapon)

15. Saurus ♥ dango-chan

i got DW3 and DW5 + DW5 Empires

The only good thing about empires is u can make ur own characters .... the rest sucks

I remember the good old days (DW3) .. where to unlock a character u had to do something specific in a mission (like kill a character or do something with somebody) .... not like the shit new ones where u just have to complete the musou

16. sargent212 New Member

i personally like 5 empires cause its like 4 empires but with my favorite charicter.XP. which is ling tong and my editeed charicter which is licg tong weapon with upper body in demon armor and lower in light armer and i kick butt with him. but i would like to see an instalement of an empire one with onine capabilities

17. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

I think if DWempires was taken to an online front, then I'd actually be convinced to play console games online. That'd seriously be a nice idea. And a very convenient way to play as well.

18. Centuryslayer Oh! My Heart!

yeah, unfortunalty Dynasty warriors BB just seems like any other MMORPG, instead of what could have been an awesome online experience :/

19. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Well i picked this one up online, order it on ebay for 20 bucks, it looks fun. I never played a empire so i'll tell you what i think in a week.

20. mushi The "I rarely post" god.

Thread necromancy ftw.

21. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

I'm getting the hang of it, kicking some ass, losing a few men, but winning within the system of love, and no one will probably understand this:p

22. Centuryslayer Oh! My Heart!

that's it, I'm gonna get this game :laugh

23. ChicketyChina Chuunin

Kingdom Under Fire is just like this series but more rpg to it....

I hope Koei is really using their time to make DW6 a lot better especially since its been about 2 1/2 years since their last official dw release

24. Centuryslayer Oh! My Heart!

correction: Kingdom under fire is like dw but with more RTS in it :amuse
    didn't like KUf half as much as the DW games, the controls where waaay to clumsy and no coop >.<

the new Kuf might be up to par though ;D

dw6 will probably be awesome and full of win :nod

25. Talone SPARTAN-117

They really should stop making Dynasty Warriors....I really can't stand the franchise, because there are the most minimal changes in each new iteration. It hasn't gotten anymore innovative, it's just more the same thing, with slightly different HUD text, a new character or costume, or slightly changed maps. There's no real change in strategy at all...I mean, it was fun when I first played it, but after awhile you realize its all the same.

If they revamped everything, that would be reason to celebrate. But honestly...after playing like one Dynasty Warriors and the other....what's the real difference?

Interestingly enough they are making a Gundam Dynasty Warriors....

26. Genesis Active Member

I like the Dyansty Warriors games and Empire's concept was exactly what i was waiting for, however they haven't done much since the last Empires so i was disappointed with this.

It has so much potential but the developers are lazy and don't push themselves.

27. gabha GB's Norman

Lol, DW. I keep saying that it'll be the last time I'll buy Koei's rehashed crap, then eventually cave in, buy it, then do nothing else but obsessively play it for the next couple of weeks :p

I love Koei.

28. Centuryslayer Oh! My Heart!

if you don't like it, don't play it. :amazed

I like the minimal changes...as well as the bigger ones.
    thing is, with a game like this, it's hard to change much with it. i mean the concept is pretty basic, but the underlying mechanics are a total bitch.

it's like with every other type of game... I mean fps games are pretty much the same since doom back in the day, just some minimal changes here and there over the years. same goes for rts and rpgs. really, everyone's just focusing way too much on graphics.
    /end of rant (I'm really tired so this post's a mess and I'm sorry if you can't understand it :laugh I'm way to frikkin tired to organize my thoughts atm)

29. Centuryslayer Oh! My Heart!

if you don't like it, don't play it. :amazed

I like the minimal changes...as well as the bigger ones.
    thing is, with a game like this, it's hard to change much with it. i mean the concept is pretty basic, but the underlying mechanics are a total bitch.

it's like with every other type of game... I mean fps games are pretty much the same since doom back in the day, just some minimal changes here and there over the years. same goes for rts and rpgs. really, everyone's just focusing way too much on graphics.
    /end of rant (I'm really tired so this post's a mess and I'm sorry if you can't understand it :laugh I'm way to frikkin tired to organize my thoughts atm)

haha, I know the feeling. sometimes I get fed up with DW/SW and don't touch it for a couple of weeks/month's, but eventually I get back too it xD

30. crazymtf The Owner of The Whity Show

Then don't buy it, simple, they don't force you too while i'm a fan of each one and don't mind buying it...