1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Eden's Zero

Discussion in 'Akihabara Library' started by Keishin, Apr 5, 2018.

1. Keishin Well-Known Member

What kind of manga could it possibly be. I will throw a WILD GUESS for a long running adventure shounen with Plue in it. :catpole

Eden's Zero is a WEEKLY manga like any other work Mashima puts out.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2018
    Tags:
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  2. Kolby Mystic Kolby

Plue will never die lol. I still have no idea what 'it' is.

Tfw when Hiro Mashima gets serialization right away and we still have to wait for Kubo Sensei's One Shot which may or may not be serialized :catcry

3. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Finally ? The dude just finished a fairly successful (not saying good) series that lasted eleven years weekly last summer. You'd think he'd take a longer break.....or if he wanted to go on, that he'd just continue with Fairy Tail, after just maybe taking a hiatus or something.

Honestly can't think this is because he had any new ideas he wanted to try instead of Fairy Tail....because Fairy Tail was a cheaper, fanservice driven derivate of Rave and he never even bothered to put any kind of depth or proper worldbuilding in place for it for eleven years. I just don't think he really has any actually promising story ideas in him anymore.

4. 50 pesos not 50 cent

5. Catalyst75 Well-Known Member

Oh, it's going to be a Fairy Tail sequel. I just saw a video title talking about it.

Now, say it with me:

Last edited: Apr 6, 2018
  6. Djomla Jedi Master

A Fairy Tail sequel? What?

7. Singulrality Banned

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland
    Catdank Faction:
    Does FT even need a sequel :blobwhat

8. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

It already had a prequel while it was still running....and again, he coulda just continued with Fairy Tail propper after a timeskip or something but fuck it :catprone

I mean think of all the unanswered questions, all the deep, relatable characters whose story we have yet to see resolved, all the lore left untapped.

....in short, no.

9. Keishin Well-Known Member

Did Mashima mistake the date for april fools jokes

10. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

New characters .. and new settings please..

just don't remove the ecchi .. but he's welcome to remove the "Shounen" part

12. Yasha Procreate

Hopefully something more like Rave Master and less like Fairy Tail.

13. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

He won't do that because that'd be effort.

Also please drop the ecchi and actually bother to have proper story and characterisation instead.

14. Snake Well-Known Member

Ayyy hyped af. Can't wait to shit on it weekly. Hopefully there are no traces of that piece of shit Erza

15. Snake Well-Known Member

That's what I respect about Mashima, his writing isn't good save for the Tartaros arc, but his work ethic is unbelievable.

16. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

Again, if it's shit, then it's kind of wasting everyone's time, just very punctually.

17. Keishin Well-Known Member

Doesn't mean it won't make him money like his other works...

18. Snake Well-Known Member

Just because it's shit doesn't mean it isn't fun to read. Lots of people had a blast shitting on Fairy Tail. We just stopped complaining and taking it seriously.

19. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

I've seen a number of Ecchi that actually has a good story tho :hm

20. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

True, but I'd still preffer space to be given to something which will actually make an effort, rather than just Hiro being lazy and uncreative as a writer for another 500 chapters.

21. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

One Piece is repetitive, badly paced and has many shit designs but you seem to like it

so get outta here with that elitist attitude :camby

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  22. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I could argue with you on all counts, but Fairy Tail is objectively bad.

There are moments when the main character gets a one time powerup handed to him by a former villain who just shows up, see Gerard and his magic flame powerup. (No, if you wish to "but actually" on this point, Shadow Luffy uses the concept of Moria's fruit, is the result of the refugees in the forest and it set up Shadow Asgard Moria as a possibility)

There is an arc where the main characters get turned to kids for 2 and a half chapters, for no reason.

The entire Keith Shelter centric arc literally collapses in on itself because Hiro thought to retcon Keith Shelter out of existence at the end of the arc.....so a guild that never existed somehow was invited to send a representative to a Guild Alliance meeting to help take down one of the 3 most powerful Dark Guilds in existance. Also the arc's antagonist knew where the Guild that was actually just an illusion put up by one ghost to a single twelve year old girl even was, somehow.

Future Rogue killed almost the entire human race because his cat died.

There was a completely pointless flashforward where Romero was the main character for one and a half chapters, because Hiro couldn't have Natsu not be in the series for even half of a single volume.

The first timeskip was utterly pointless because the entire guild being frozen in time, except for some extremely unimportant D listers no one ever cared about, meant that none of the underused secondary characters got to develop at all.

Natsu never once actually made even a token attempt to accomplish his "goal" of finding Igneel and got his resolution handed to him without having to do anything.

There was an entire chapter dedicated specifically to teach Natsu to avoid fights he can't win, and that same arc Natsu ignored it and was completely fine, making any kind of powerscaling virtually pointless at this point.

Ivan, Makarov's estranged evil son and one of the two plot points Hiro ever properly foreshadowed in the series (the other being Zeref existing), was left completely undeveloped and was relegated to a pointless secondary antagonist for half of one arc before being booted off the series for good, without any kind of explanation for what happened between him and his father, so that his villain spot could be taken by Future Rogue and his stupid stupid hair.

Hiro drew this and expected it to be intimidating

And let's not forget the man purposefully took away Lucy's big moment during the tournament due to cheating that no one just bothered to check for, had her fail again in the next round and then booted her off the tournament so the main female character, who actually uses real magic instead of mutant powers pretending to be magic, got publically humiliated in front of thousands of people and never got a chance at redeeming herself. And he just kinda never thought that was worth doing anything, except to have her run into a dragon who melted her clothes. >_>

That's all just off the top of my head.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  23. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

translation: "I personally don't like it"

24. Snake Well-Known Member

The thing for me is, I'm getting older and losing my interest in anime/manga 2 of my faves are on constant hiatus and all I read on a constant basis is Tokyo Ghoul and One Piece which is becoming a chore. Mashima's writing is not good, but it keeps me entertained and that's really all I could ask for. Plus I know of him, so I know the story would at least be somewhat interesting.

25. San Juan Wolf They're even better when you're dead

I love how you ignored all those specific examples of terrible writing and just tried to pretend none of those points are valid and it's all about your interpretation man.

You claimed OP was worse written than FT, I gave you examples of shitty retcons and terrible management of characters and their stated goals. Unless you can find a way to consistently be able to refute all these points, you are not allowed to say that and not come out looking like you just don't have anything to say so let's just insinuate my unaddressed critical points are all groundless and come from a place of personal antipathy.

26. Roman Chariot

If the ecchi becomes more explicit and the Shounen part is removed, I will read this.

But ONLY if he does either of those things.

27. Priscilla Alabaster Corpse

the " Shounen " part is his greatest dismay ...
    he's forced to use morally right outcomes.. even if the enemy is stronger.. he has no choice but to make the good guy win even tho there's no logical explanation how he would win ( Friendship battles )
    since his fans are seriously attached to the characters.. and doesn't want them to die or lose ..
    its a great setback tbh ..

but then again using " Shounen " gathers a huge amount of Audience.. if its for money.. he'll do it again :dead

28. Alita54 Alita>You

29. Jikuu Keyblade Master

I can't wait to Mashima's new manga... :bury

Mahou Shoujo Site.

It's a dark Magical girl.

30. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member