1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Elbaf Theory

Discussion in 'Ohara Library' started by ~Avant~, Jun 11, 2018.

1. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Just like how Loki from myth (or at least from what Marvel has taught me) was half giant and half Asgardian, Loki the current king of the Giants will be Half Giant and half Skypiean.

We can infer that the Tree of Life/Giant Bean Stalk/Yggdrasil will be tied to Elbaf, and it would stand to reason that the World Tree Connects to the Sky Islands, thus creating a natural relationship between the Skypieans and the Giants. I think Odin and Thor might be the upper echelon of Skypieans, while Loki rules as the King of the Giants in Elbaf. While Zunisha is a Giant Mammoth, I think in Elbaf we'll encounter a Giant Serpent and a Giant Wolf as well.

While Wano will be all about Samurai and Ninja, Elbaf will be all about Knights and Vikings, the Knights of Skypiea and the Vikings of Elbaf.

Tags:
    • Creative Creative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Marvel's take on norse mythology is ultra simplified and often innacurate to the original stuff (which is a great idea because norse mythology is a mess), for example the goddess of Hel that in the movie is Odin's daughter, is actually Loki's daughter in the myth.

But in both Marvel and myth, Loki has giant parents and is adopted by Asgardians. If the manga was to parallel that, it would have to be in reverse, and Loki would indeed not be a giant by race, but rather adopted by them. Don't really see this happening though, a bit ridiculous that such a race-centric themed country like Elbaf has some short guy as King.

However, since giants are actually a race in norse mythology, Oda's inspiration for Elbaf is always going to be a complete mess, because he is giving Asgardian names and themes to the actual giants. Not sure where Skypeans would fit since the Elbaf people are both the giants and the Asgardians (by names and theme).

3. Marcelle.B StrawFittedPirateボス Super Moderator

Any theory that would possibly bring Enel back is more than fine by me.

If Oda's silhouette is accurate we know that he's not short

4. DeVision dreamer

Germany, Croatia
    For some reason this made me imagine a intercourse between Hajrudin and Conis. :scust

5. Vengarl Maniac fan club

I would be so hype if they tie in Skypeians and Giants. Bring Urouge and Enel into the mix and you have yourself an epic arc. Thor would either be a new character or just be represented by Enel.

6. Edward Newgate 世界最強の男

Instead of Skypieans, Elbaf could be tied to Bilka that was destroyed by Enel 8 years ago. We don't know where its original location was after all, could've been deep in the New World for all we know.

7. TheOmega Real Nigga

Ironically, the ridiculousness of it is exactly why I believe that Elbaf is the home base island for Shanks

8. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Yeah I think it's Shank's home base as well

9. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    But that doesn't really mix with what we know about Elbaf from a political POV though, it's supposed to be an independent country. If it's Shanks territory it is not independent, kind of like Wano is now described as occupied by Kaido being there even if in alliance with the Shogun.

Also, according to Big Mom a marriage with Loki would secure the allegiance of Elbaf and give her the edge against other Yonko, but if Elbaf is Shanks HQ that doesn't make sense the giants are already with a Yonko.

I can see Shanks having friends there and visiting but doubt Elbaf is any Yonko's territory let alone HQ.

10. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

Well I mean, that's kinda what Shanks does, he just chills places, he doesn't have an actually military account with the Elbafian's but they respect him enough to consider him one of their own.

11. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Shanks is chill but if the Red Hair Pirates were just a bunch of party boys in a boat they wouldn't be a Yonko faction imo, strong or not.

We've seen islands with a Shanks flag, Bartolomeo even burned one.
    I think if he had HQ in Elbaf, it's Yonko HQ, however chill he is people (Big Mom, WG) would consider it as such and speak of Elbaf as such, and the giants wouldn't be a marriage away from allying Big Mom.

12. TheOmega Real Nigga

Couple flaws in this argument.

1) Shanks doesn't conquer stuff. He's a peacekeeper. Giants don't seem like they would seek protection, they're a proud people. Most likely they're partners like how Luffy is technically partnered to the SHGF even though they are for all intents and purposes his goons. Occupation seems to sound militaristic, I don't believe to be a military situation, I expect it to be something like how Shanks was in Luffy's village, but with more prestige and respect put on Shanks' name.

2) Yea BM said that but WHEN exactly was that marriage proposal? Could be before or after Shanks's presence on the island. Or maybe even during his presence on it since he seems laid back. Shanks has no problem with people trying to recruit his crew, he hinself tried to recruit Marco who was a division leader to another Yonko, the one holding the WSM title nonetheless. Shanks is all about freedom, he's too chill.

3) If you notice all the Yonko seem to have a main base within their territory. WCI was BM's, Wano is Kaido's, Elbaf is most likely gonna be Shanks's or Blackbeard's but seeing how much of Shanks's theme is based of Nordic/Viking swag, I'm sure it's him. Especially since Blackbeard is such a cowardly and dishonorable type of character.

I can picture Shanks and his one arm clashing with the STRONGEST COUNTRY or at least their leader. Remember Shanks's entire portrayal is that he's always in the conversation with the top elites of any thing. WSM,WSC,WSM,PKHat,Gorosei Convo,Strongest ColorTrio Member, Fleet Admiral Stalemate, Blackbeard, etc..only thing missing would be an interaction with Dragon, Garp and Vegapunk lol

13. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    I don't get what you're saying. Is Elbaf an independent country as it was stated, or Shanks territory? Or you interpret independent to also include Yonko HQ territories?
    Or does he live there but it's not his territory? But we have seen islands flying his flag and a Yonko must have territory, him being chill won't make Big Mom and the WG bend themselves backwards in what terms they use just to please Shanks chill nature.

Also what is nordic or viking themed about Shanks or the crew?

14. TheOmega Real Nigga

Independence: A state of non dependency.
    The strongest country can defend itself and would have no reason to depend on Shanks, but that doesn't mean that they can't be allies. Even the Strawhat Grand Fleet can be considered to be composed of independent parties. Independence can also refer to a nation that isn't part of the World Government Organization. Basically anything that's self governing and exercises free will & we know Roger's breed of pirates are all about freedom as opposed to subjugation.

They don't bend over backwards. They just know not to cross him cuz he's a fuckin beast. Shanks is the one who inherited Roger's "you hurt my friends and I fuck you up" mentality, just like Luffy. See what just happened when Luffy ran up on a Yonko for his friends? And remember what happened in Enies Lobby, Impel Down & Marineford? You don't test these kinds of guys man lol.

Are you serious bruh? Google Viking Ship. Literally just google it lol. Tell me what you see.

Tell me who spends all day drinking besides Kaido? Shanks

Who's a man's man? A pirate's pirate? Shanks

You remember Dory & Broggi? The Elbaf giants who used to have legendary duels every day?
    Does that remind you of another legendary duo known for legendary duels that rang through the grandline? Shanks and Mihawk

Shanks & Elbaf share a connection. You'd have to be blind not to see it.

Luffy wants to meet Shanks, become a great pirate. Ussop wants to be a brave warrior of the sea, go to Elbaf. Elbaf backwards is Fable, Ussop's named after the story teller behind Aesop's Fables. Ussop's father Yassop is a member of Shanks's crew...you really think the Redhaired Pirates WON'T be on Elbaf?

I mean sheesh if 2 + X = 4 then it should be obvious that X = 2

15. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
  16. TheOmega Real Nigga

17. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    What facts? Elbaf is Shanks HQ is 2+x=4 nonsense is now fact? You're surprisingly obnoxious.

18. TheOmega Real Nigga

You bypassed all my supporting points just to reject my conclusion, that's goofy shit to do lol.

I'm obnoxious? But you don't see a connection between Aesop's Fables, Ussop, Elbaf & Yassop? OK LOL

I'll be obnoxious and you stay in denial. Keep that same energy when we see the giants talking to Ussop about his father lol

19. Samehadaman Well-Known Member

Portugal
    Deal, although I don't know what giants talking to Usopp or knowing Yassop has to do with Elbaf being Shanks territory. I even said in my first post here they likely have friends there.​

20. TheOmega Real Nigga

21. X18999 Space Colony

Maybe Shanks visits the island... maybe he has friend there... but I highly doubt that it's his HQ (does shanks even have a HQ?).