1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Elite Powerhouses(Gai & Tsunade) vs. Evil Geniuses(Kabuto & Itachi)

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by Insipidipity, Jul 24, 2005.

Kabutto and Shitachi vs. Gay and Screwnade

1. Akatsuki and the Medic

21 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Hokage and the Beautiful Beast

35 vote(s)
    50.7%
  3. Say what?

4 vote(s)
    5.8%
  4. KnK's maturity owns.

9 vote(s)
    13.0%
  1. Insipidipity

Try not to look at this in terms of 1v1s but more of a team effort, assume they are willing to work together.

Don't hold me responsible for KnK's poll :p

Last edited: Jul 25, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Yukimura

Brains always overcome force--Shikamaru's taught us that--so I definitely have to say Kabuto + Itachi. True, Tsunade and Gai are no idiots, but Kabuto and Itachis' cunning strategies >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Tsunade and Gai's punch-punch-kick-maybeheal methods, because Kabuto and Itachi WILL find a way to stop them

3. Marsala

Kabuto and Itachi Henge into each other and switch places using Kawarimi. Tsunade goes to attack Kabuto and sees Kabuto's eyes become Itachi's Mangekyou Sharingan. Instant KO. Kabuto and Itachi double-team Gai for the easy win.

4. MartialHorror

Hard one. Will say Gai and Tsunade though. Gai would have to open gates but I think

Tsunade=>Itachi and Gai=Kabuto.
    and Itachi>Gai and Tsunade>Kabuto.
    wouldnt be easy though.

5. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

You think Tsunade is going to fall for a henge?

The Sannin are all geniuses, in case you've forgotten. They don't fall for stupid tricks. Gai can sit back and let the Hokage show him how it's done.

6. Birdhouse_05

Well if i am thinking team effort its a very close match althoung i am gonna have to give Gai and Tsunade the win. Gaihas specailly trained to fight against oppenets who use Sharingan and Tsunade is a better Med-nin than Kabuto. Plus i doubt Kabuto would work well with people that wanna kill Oro. Evil Teamwork usally doesnt work well.

7. MartialHorror

I dont know about that. Kabuto can be pretty smart when fighting against =<opponents than himself.

He only gets careless and arrogant when fighting weaker enemies(Naruto, Dosu)

8. kapsi

Team Itachi takes this. Tsunade is overrated anyway.

9. Vamoo

When Tsunade fought Kabuto she had been away from battle for half her life, and yet he still failed to show any clear superiority. Gai, we all know who he is and I expect him to have trained well enough in countering Sharingan: enough to compensate whatever problem Godaime might be having dealing with Itachi.
    Evil Geniuses are so overrated and so dead...

10. vagnard

Tsunade is a crybaby....Kabuto can rape her mind again....XD

No...seriously....

Itachi defeats Gai easily....

Tsunade defeats Kabuto easily...

Then...we had a interesant and evenly fight where itachi wins with his genjutsu

11. Gooba

Ok, I'll think of it as a 2v1, and Tsunade wins that one. Her fight vs Kabuto was nothing, she was way out of practice and has a weakness she no longer has.

12. Evil Eyes

Ok Tsunade would obliterate Kabuto in minutes. No matter how smart he is, what ever medical jutsu he does, she can easily outclass him.
    Gai can fight a bit with Itachi with the gates. This would easily create an opening for Tsunade. She doesn't even need to punch hard, just use the nerves attack, which Itachi won't be able to figure out since he's no medical genius like kabuto & Tsunade, then Gai can do whatever he wants with him.

13. Kyuubi Naruto

Gai and Tsunade. Even if Tsunade somehow looses (I highly doubt she would) then they will be weak for Gai to take them out.

14. lekki

Insipidity, let me start by saying this is the first enjoyable looking battle I have seen in some time in the dome.

And now down to business. Tsunade will automatically go for Kabuto and since his trick of making her scared of blood is no longer an option, he will die. Itachi won't be able to help him out because Gai is good enough to fend off Itachi for awhile. Then it's just a matter of time before Tsunade and Gai kill Itachi.
    Between her experience and Gai's sharingan battle plan, I think Tsunade and Gai will win.

Don't flamebait -Gooba

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 25, 2005
  15. Sho

Tsunade's got to be the most overrated Hokage ever. Itachi and Kabuto take this. Why? Well, let's look at the facts:

Kakashi=Gai
    Kabuto=Kakashi
    So that would mean that Kabuto can at least hold off Gai with a potential for a long drawn out battle, right?

Let's continue:

Orochimaru=strongest of the Sannin
    Itachi>Orochimaru:
    But then people will say "well if A>B, and B>C, that doesn't always mean.." blahblah.

Well let's see Tsunade:
    *Her sharpness/strength and senses in regards to jutsus are weaker than Kabuto's:
    List of important abilities:
    -Katsuyu and other slugs
    -medical techniques that can mess up a person's system
    -Super-strength
    -Self-healing and Genesis Rebirth

Her speed is nothing special, both as in regards to the rate of hits she can administer and to actual body speed. Kabuto, who even admitted himself that his weakness was taijutsu, had no problems dodging Tsunade's attacks. I'm not even gonna talk about the armless Orochimaru.

If you look at the things going for her, she would get slaughtered by Itachi:
    -Amaterasu would burn Katsuyu to a crisp (it's shown that it could already burn through anything including master summons)
    -None of the medical techniques nor her super strength will touch Itachi, since not only is his body speed much faster than Kabuto or pretty much most people, but he has the ultimate mastered Sharingan which will predict moves. There's absolutely no way she could touch him.
    -Tsukuyomi or Amaterasu can take care of the problem of self-healing/Genesis Rebirth. You can't heal yourself of mental pain/attacks, or else Tsunade would have healed herself of the pain of Dan and her younger bro's and all those past events that led up to having hemophobia. And when she healed Kakashi and Sasuke, she didn't heal them of Tsukuyomi, she only got them out of the coma. She can't do it to her own mind. And I'd like to see if she could even heal herself of Amaterasu (when Jiraiya himself was scared for Naruto when he was about to touch the remnants of it.)

Also the fact that Kabuto's jutsu sense and strength/sharpness is greater than Tsunade means that Itachi's is also greater than hers. So that would mean she can't beat him using jutsus since Orochimaru>Kabuto and Itachi>Kabuto.

So Itachi defeats Tsunade. If Kabuto didn't defeat Gai by himself (which he's capable of doing since he can cut his nerves, not to mention control dead bodies or do other assorted things which would keep him in the fight) then Itachi will join in and quickly end it.

And even if you consider the fight as more of a team fight, Kabuto and Itachi will win again:

-Itachi is the greatest genius the academy had since its founding. He was also Anbu captain, and is the leader of his Akatsuki pair of him and Kisame. What does this mean? It means that Itachi can definitely work in a team, is a leader, and could make a winning strategy for the team he's in. It also means he's not gonna get outwitted in battle.
    -Kabuto is a genius capable of outwitting other geniuses(i.e: Kakashi), works well with Orochimaru in fights (so he knows teammwork) which shows he could adjust well for any weaknesses they may have, outfoxes a Sannin in her own speciality (i.e: medical jutsus), and can keep up or at least hang with the big dogs in their fights.

In strategy, teammwork and tactics there's absolutely no doubt Kabuto and Itachi take this. In actual matchups, Kabuto and Itachi take this.

So Itachi and Kabuto take the whole thing.

Kabuto was playing with her during that time. He wasn't trying to kill her. In fact, he could have cut off all her muscles and blood vessels if he wanted to:

He obviously wanted her alive so she could heal Orochimaru, he didn't want to kill her.

16. Hef

Tsunade can easily defeat Kabuto now, after that it gets easy.

17. G. Hawke

While i believe the battle between Kabuto and Tsunade only went the way it did because she was rusty it is the only documented proof we have of Tsunade's abilities so i can't blame people for doubting her. Note it is my opinion that Tsunade is fitting of her title of Sanin and a match for the other 2, but that's just me.

Just one problem, this...

Please pray tell, where in the manga is this stated?
    Did some random character say " OMG! Oro's is without doubt the strongest of the Sanin!"
    Or better yet, did any important character state the above?
    No? Then how did u come to this conclusion. :blink
    So unless someone someone can show me a statement as above, pls stop BS's, ok?
    A of now, all shows to Oro = Jiraiya = Tsunade.

And even more strange, everytime some Uchicha fanboy pulls out that infamous Oro rant "Itachi is stronger than me", i wonder how they fail to remember the infamous Itachi not wanting or willing to take on Jiraiya with Kisame in tow? Are u saying tha Jiraiya is stronger than Oro? But wait a minute, u said Oro is the strongest Sanin. I am sooo confused.

Anyway i will vote for Gai/Tsunade. Itachi on his own can take out both one on one, but Kabuto(who is in my opinion the truly most overated character in the series) will be taken out by Gai, and Tsunade is only slighty below Itachi so Gai can open a few gates and pwn itachi with Hokage-Sama.

Cheers. :beer

18. lekki

Man, I really want to see what people in the manga are talking about when they say Kakashi=Kabuto. It just seems so counter intuitive. Kabuto bad at taijutsu, Kakashi good, Kakashi good at genjutsu, Kabuto ok(Sakura and Shikamaru broke out of his).
    Kabuto ok at ninjitsu, Kakashi is a golden god at that.
    The only thing Kabuto brags about is his regeneration abilities and Oro loves his scheming mind and intuition yet it was said that Kabuto=Kakashi multiple times.

BUT!!!And this is at Sho, that does not mean that Kabuto has a prayer against Gai.
    Regeneration does you no good against Asa Kujaku if it will even come down to that.

I'm also pretty sure even if you doubt Tsunade can take down Itachi, you don't honestly believe he will take her out in seconds. Either way, Kabuto will go down early and will leave Itachi in a 2 v 1 situation. IMO.

19. Sho

I don't think you seriously believe that Tsunade is as strong as Jiraiya and Oro, do you? Oro>Tsunade, Jiraiya>Tsunade. Even if Tsunade was out of shape, she was bested by one elite Jounin. Compare that with Itachi who took out 2 elite Jounin without sweating (Kurenai and Kakashi).

Here's the reasons why Oro's the strongest:

-Orochimaru has defeated Jiraiya on 2 occasions: once in the past and once again when both of them were handicapped, even though Oro still had to deal with more opponents and setbacks in the battle.

-Oro already knows he's stronger than Jiraiya. He was planning on fighting him even before he knew Jiraiya was poisoned. Don't you find it strange that Oro w/out arms would eagerly jump into battle against Jiraiya yet is scared to face Itachi with all of his power?

-Manda>Gamabunta.

-Orochimaru also has spent all his time constantly training, acquiring more power, and creating new jutsus, while Jiraiya has not shown anything of that sort. Oro also has the inclination to use kinjutsus which good characters like Jiraiya won't consider. This means Oro will go all out in a fight which will make him stronger.

-The 3rd Hokage obviously believed Oro was the most talented of all three. He even said that no one in Konoha was capable of defeating Orochimaru. The only one they believed that had a hope of defeating him or being on his level was the 4th Hokage who was already dead. They didn't once think of Jiraiya or Tsunade.

-Oro's always in his prime now. Jiraiya and Tsunade are getting old.

Remember too that Itachi didn't want to face Gai with Kisame in tow. Does that make him weaker? Also if they got into a fight with a Sannin, it would cause unnecessary commotion and there would be a risk of their mission failing. Their whole point was to not bring any attention to themselves, nor to start a war (which would have happened if they killed someone. That's why they didn't kill anyone there when they could have.)

And Itachi never said that Jiraiya was stronger than him. There's only one piece of evidence that would give a hint of supporting that Jiraiya>Itachi(even though it's very iffy and also supports the reverse):

Notice that they're talking about reputation. And even then Kisame implies that Itachi could take him.

Then:

Once again it's implied that Itachi could take him. And this is AFTER they see his power. Nowhere do I see that it's implied that they're weaker.

Btw they were prepared to face Jiraiya:

It's been stated at the very least 2 different times that Kakashi=Kabuto. Kakashi considered him a guy he couldn't face up against. Orochimaru considered Kakashi and Kabuto equal. You think that someone that equals Kakashi will be taken out in a couple of seconds by another person who equals Kakashi?

Fights aren't always about who's strongest or fastest. Kabuto will definitely be able to hang in the fight until Itachi finishes with Tsunade.

Also no one will be able to defeat the teammwork of Itachi and Kabuto. Itachi has been in teams and always is leader. Not to mention he's the greatest genius the academy has produced since its founding. Kabuto has already shown he works well in a two man team. There would be no way of outwitting them in this fight.

20. lekki

Reread my post, I also said that it's been said that Kabuto is equal to Kakashi. What I also said was there is no proof of this from abilities shown because, if those statements were not said, that would not be going around the forum because the show and manga never made it seem that way.

I also never said anything about seconds except with Tsunade not losing to Itachi.

I do believe Kabuto would go down to Gai before Tsunade would go down to Itachi otherwise Konoha is screwed as a village. Also based on Kakashi's confidence the second time around, it's not so far-fetched that Tsunade who it's taken for granted would murder Kakashi and Gai can't hold out almost indefinitely against Itachi.

21. HimuraBattousai

It really depends on how Kabuto fairs against Gai.

I am pretty confident Itachi can take Tsunade, from the speed with which he moves and uses jutsu to his unforgivingly cruel genjutsu which makes his opponents bug out. He always attacks a weakness in the opponents mind.

Tsunade bugged out from a little blood. Imagine how bad she'll bug when Dan and Nawaki are blaming her for their deaths. If Sarutobi blames her for betraying Konoha. She'll bug.

I think he could take her without genjutsu anyways though. Just watching her style of fighting, it relies heavily on her being able to get in close to her opponent and landing a hit physically. I don't think she is going to be able to keep up with Itachi very well. Also, his seal speed allows for lightening quick jutsus.

22. Hef

She got totally over from her fear of blood. She also accepted the death of her loved ones.
    Sarutobi blaming her wouldn't do anything. She's a Hokage now, she knows she didn't betray the village. If she did betray the village, she would be dead now, not the Hokage.

23. Insipidipity

Can I get a poll put up? Seems closer than I ever dreamed of :D

The reason I said not to consider them 1v1s is because Gai vs. Kabuto and Tsunade vs. Itachi would result differently from Gai vs. Itachi and Tsunade vs. Kabuto. And whoever wins one, will undoubtedly be considered by the poster to help fight the other. However, the matches are so close that they'd be of little help fighting the other. Therefore, it only makes sense to consider it a true 2v2 or else a ton of ambiguities arise on how each of them fares vs each of the other.
    Personally If I had to separate them into 1v1s, I'd do it Tsunade vs. Itachi and Gai vs. Kabuto because they're more on equal levels and Tsunade wouldn't leave Gai to fight Itachi on his own when she'd stand a better chance. But if it came down to that, I'd say Tsunade would have a slight edge over Itachi and Kabuto would have a slight edge over Gai.

However, the fact that its a 2v2, Itachi has been an ANBU Captain and Kabuto was the leader of a team of spies/Orochimaru's right hand man while Tsunade is Hokage, Itachi and Kabuto would each be able to work together more fluidly due to their insight on each other allowing their attacks to be coordinated while Tsunade would more along the lines be walking Gai through the fight.

Btw, thanks Lekki.

24. Aman

25. kapsi

So Kabuto instantly loses to Tsunade and Gai, who is on Kabuto's level can hold ground against Itachi? Yeah, right.

edit; also, Kabuto wasn't going to die. He knew Tsunade's weakness and he exploited it. I'm sure he would do something else if she wasn't afraid, not just stand there.

26. Blue Supporting Staff Retired Staff

Kabuto was going to die.

And in the end, he had no chance anyway. Orochimaru wouldn't have decided to try to beat her into helping him if he knew she was practically immortal now.

Added a poll. ^___^

27. Sobe

I'd personally have to say it'd be a stalemate, Itachi would use Tsukuyomi on tsunade, puts her out of the picture. Gai opens a couple gates and takes out Kabuto, and opens the rest of the gates and kils Itachi. Of course since he opens all 8 gates, he dies, and thus, no one wins.

28. vagnard

8 gates not ensure an instantaneous victory.

Gai open 8 gates....

kicks Itachi....

surprise!...that was an exploding kage bunshin!

....gai dies

29. kapsi

Some serious Kabuto underrating goes on these boards. Even Oro doesn't know his true skill and Tsunade said he's better than she was at his age.

30. Insipidipity

Not even at his age, at her PRIME. That combined with medical knowledge, Kakashi's equal, genjutsu, some secret eye thing, and regeneration make for a potentially insane guy. Comon, the same skill as someone with a Sharingan and 1000 jutsus yet we have only seen a couple of his. The Sannin wouldn't even praise Gai to be Kakashi's equal in skill if you ask me. He just seems good at competing with him in different games.

And Tsunade's pretty underrated too. A punk kid has a special Sharingan and suddenly a Hokage can't take him on. I know he's talented and a genius, I'd never deny that, but I just don't see it happening.

All I know is that this would be the most insane match to watch in the anime if it somehow occured(Kabuto an Akatsuki spy?)