1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

[Rejected] Embed Youtube on Profile VM

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Takano-san, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Takano-san Doroshī no yūjin

On other forum software, it's possible to embed Youtube lines on your profile. In fact, normal links also work. Is there a plug-in available on Xenforo? I may be willing to help fund it at a future date if it's not too expensive, but I'm on a fixed income, and it's not possible at the moment. I would do so out of the kindness of my heart as a thank you to everyone who I've enjoyed interacting with for all these years. Also, this is a screenshot of it on Invision. Also, people would need to remember not to post anything dirty, since some Youtube content is actually for adults. I would be willing to keep an eye out for such content if need be.

Tags:
  2. White Wolf

It would be a pretty... bad addition for us, in my opinion, for a few different reasons.
    - Copyrighted content
    - The sheer size and volume of the player paired with the front page profile posts and the profile posts tab in general.
    --- While that can be combated with additional coding if a given plugin doesn't support disabling it for certain aspects of the forum it still becomes quite a burden all things considered.
    - Adult content is a probability also
    - Added slowness to pages on a more global scale

Frankly even if it didn't have the quirks in the plan it was difficult enough just getting emotes added to profiles (and that came at the cost of links being nerfed on profiles), so I'm afraid I don't see it as a possibility at this time.

3. Takano-san Doroshī no yūjin

Is there anyway to address some of these concerns? I was already aware of all of them. I know, for one thing that the owners of the other forum of the forum are Americans, and I've known them for well over 5 years. I've known the lead Admin/owner for over a decade. Would it be possible for you to PM me with questions to ask so that perhaps this might actually be a possibility? I am sure there's a way to disabled NSFW content, for one thing and to mitigate the chances of copyrighted material from being an issue. He's operated that forum since 2004, so NF and that particular forum are around the same age, over 14 years old. I know laws are much different between the US and EU, but a lot of it has to do with the DMCA, which is US law that has been applied worldwide, at least that is my understanding. It's up ro you guys, of course, but I just thought perhaps, adding a nice function might attract more activity.

4. Santi Sovereign of Dawn Super Moderator

Forget videos, can we get the option for images again? Back in vBulletin you had to game it by doing [ img ] url [ / [ um ][ /um ] img ] but god dammit it was just great that it was there, and so were the memes.

5. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.