1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

    Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

    So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

    Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

    Click here
    Dismiss Notice

End of Days (PF/3.5 IC Thread) - Part 7

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by EvilMoogle, Jan 1, 2016.

  1. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

    This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

    "A dream?" Lantana says with a touch of skeptism. "Well, maybe your dreams are trying to tell you something?" She gives a slight laugh at this. "Sorry I can't really be of help here."
     
    Tags:
  2. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    Yes, the coin seems unaffected by the field. It hasn't changed behavior at all, that Ulysesn can tell.
     
  3. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    Ulysesn seems to be absorbed into the coin and ignores the hermit.
    "Well this is odd and worrying. If a mere coin can still react this way in an anti-magic field."
    Ulysesn stares at the coin again.
    "This is strong, this could be the key we need to defeat magebane, but also..."
    Ulysesn is thinking about the amount of time that passed in the dream world compared to the mortal plains the first time they went there, how much they missed and the fact that this is working through an antimagic field. Could they be tracked through here because of these coins?
    He flips the coin to the bad side with a frown.
    "Really bad."
    Ulysesn puts the coin away remembering where he is
    "Sorry, just musing out loud some. I believe we should Introduce ourselves first. My name is Ulysesn."
    Ulysesn looks to Tassara
     
  4. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,585
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Reputation:
    Yuki smiles, "Yeah, it sounds silly. But we were sent there by a monk, who sadly died during a rain of arrows." He rubs the side of his head, "That was the first thing I did with these guys." He chuckles, "Most of our adventures you wouldn't believe if we told you."
     
  5. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,699
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Tassara gives Uly a knowing look and a nod.

    "Greetings. I assume you are Lady Silverymirror? My name is Sister Tassara of the Silvermist Church. We are a group of adventurers known as the Dreamwalkers. We are currently trying help the Archmage Malcabeth on searching for insight on the Megabane threat (and the undead menace to the North that is making its way into Dnalgne). We had some set backs and it took us longer than we would have liked to come here looking for your help" Tassara explains as clearly as she can.

    Diplomacy 1d20+29
    13+29 = 42
     
  6. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    11,410
    Likes Received:
    31
    Trophy Points:
    503
    Reputation:
    Hayao doesn't seem to notice or even make note of the anti-magic field, glancing at Ulysesn torch just before it goes out, and then looking towards Lady Silvermirror's reflection, as it were. His reply is in Elven. "Well met. Hayao Blizzard-born, of the Order of Tajiya. As she's said, we are collectively known as the Dreamwalkers, and seek your aid by direction of the Archmage Malcabeth." He bows formally to her, as does Rin behind him, though the saint doesn't speak up for now, instead choosing to just observe the goings on.
     
  7. Nicodemus Praise the Sun

    Messages:
    7,099
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    36
    Reputation:
    Drell emerges from his consultation with Ironwall drastically changed - he is now inhabiting a construct body. ((Also he's a dude again, I guess?))



    Spoiler: Spells/Extracts

    0th Level
    Detect Magic
    Detect Poison
    Dancing Lights
    Read Magic
    Prestidigitation

    1st Level (11)
    Snapdragon Fireworks
    Magic Missile (3)
    Summon Monster I (2)
    Silent Image
    Feather Fall
    Negative Reaction
    See Alignment (2)

    Shield (2)
    Targeted Bomb Admixture (3)
    Polypurpose Panacea
    Enlarge Person (2)
    Endure Elements
    Identify
    Disguise Self

    2nd Level (10)
    Summon Monster II (2)
    Invisibility (4)
    Summon Swarm (2)
    Web (2)

    Alchemical Allocation
    Fox's Cunning (4)
    Barkskin (5)

    3rd Level (10)
    Summon Monster III (2)
    Aqueous Orb (2)
    Major Image (2)
    Wind Wall (2)
    Dispel Magic (2)
    Slow
    Magic Circle Against Good
    Magic Circle Against Evil
    Fireball
    Sleet Storm
    Shrink Items

    Haste (5)
    Seek Thoughts (4)

    4th Level (9)
    Black Tentacles (2)
    Summon Monster IV (2)
    Communal Protection from Energy (2)
    Dimensional Anchor (2)
    Minor Creation
    Stone Shape (2)

    Greater Invisibility (3)
    Universal Formula (5)

    5th Level (9)
    Summon Monster V (2)
    Wall of Force (2)
    Teleport (4)
    Icy Prison (2)
    Cloudkill
    Wall of Stone
    Contact Other Plane
    Life Bubble
    Polymorph
    Baleful Polymorph

    6th Level (7)
    Summon Monster VI (2)
    Greater Dispel Magic (3)
    True Seeing
    Undeath Ward
    Antimagic Field
    Form of the Dragon I
    Planar Binding
    Chain Lightning
    Veil


    He follows the party quietly, flying inches above the ground, until the antimagic field kicks in. He gives an annoyed grunt but stays silent and lets the others do the talking.
     
    Last edited: Jan 9, 2016
  8. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    "Yes, I am known as the Lady Silverymirror," the woman says politely in common before scowling deeply. "Malcabeth, well, I suppose someone taking interest is better than no one at all." She pauses and her image flickers again, when it returns her voice comes from yet another echoing direction.

    "The 'Magebane,'" she says with an obvious distaste. "I am a diviner, so understand the pains implied when I say of him I know nothing of all. Divinations do not touch him, I have tried thousands of times in different ways and variations." There's a bitter tone to her voice as she speaks.

    "But I finally had a semblance of success. The Goneacolc Forest, in Wales just outside of the town of Rihac. A darkness sleeps there, it is also the birthplace of the Magebane though I know not if that is a literal or figurative birth." She pauses and shakes her head a clear look frustration in her features.

    "I spread this news to every powerful mage I could think of, Malcabeth included, this is the closest to a response I have gotten." She pauses and flickers again, her voice coming from a fourth location when she returns, "I will not leave this place myself, while my future is vague as it is I see nothing but blackness if I venture forward. It was my hope that braver forces would investigate, perhaps a clue will be found to stopping this 'Magebane' so we can move forward."

    Lantana smiles sadly, "it must have been an experience. Stories are all over and varied, I never know which ones are the truth."
     
  9. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    "And that blackness is the magebane? In that case I doubt you could divinate any of us truly either. After all, it sounds like you didn't know we were coming here."
     
  10. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    "I cannot say with certainty," there's a dangerous chill in the woman's voice. "Divination is not like reading a book. The answers are frequently cryptic and it is dangerous to allow your own impressions to cloud the reading. But that is a frighteningly real possibility."
     
  11. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    "That's good, you can change things if they are are uncertain...
    Perhaps your future would always be black, but you could fill someone else's with light?"
     
  12. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,699
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    "Thank you for the information. We appreciate your help. Im sure we will find -something- there if we investigate. By the way, are you alright in there? Is there anything else you might need help with? Theres not much I can do with the anti magic field but we are not far from here."

    "In anycase, if we find out anything i will try to let you know from a dream... unless you are guarded against those too" she hoprs they might have a way to comunicate with her.
     
  13. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,585
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Reputation:
    "Yeah, everyone has their own view of a situation." Yuki sits back in the chair for a moment, "Just like right and wrong are to the viewer of the situation. Everyone has a different opinion of right and wrong." He ponders for a moment, "Of what I learned in the wilds, I can say now I'm not afraid of wolves anymore. In fact I envy their code. It's an unspoken law to put your family before yourself." He quietly chuckles, "You take care of the sick...do you know what they do when one of their pack members dies? They eat em. Not because they're hungry, but because they believe they deserve better than to be picked apart by scavengers. It's their version of burial because they can't dig deep enough to keep the scavengers away. Family and friends are their most important asset, and is what keeps them going." Yuki blushes ever so lightly, "I think we can learn a lot from them." He pauses, "Would you blow up an orphanage to save a city, or would you blow up a city to save an orphanage? We're falling apart because someone blames another for the misdoing of themselves or a completely different person. But when you stop and think...the answer to that...it is all that matters, and what you do in the process."
     
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
  14. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    "I'm afraid I don't really want to talk about my particular defenses," she says cautiously. "But I would appreciate hearing what you find out." Her tone shifts, becoming more serious, "the world is headed for massive change, that is certain. How it changes is still in flux. It is in my nature to hunker down during such times, but unless someone does something I do not think humanity will enjoy the times to come."

    Lantana listens politely as Yuki speaks finally speaking when she's finished, "well, friends are all I have really. If I ever had family or other assets they've long since abandoned me." She gives a weak smile before continuing, "my whole world really, so don't expect any judgement from me. I've been with you all long enough now to trust you."
     
  15. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,585
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Reputation:
    He smiles, "Well, family is overrated. You ask most of our ragtag group, and they'll say they had bad experiences, or orphaned, even abandoned." he sits up, debating what he's going to say, "Trust is a great thing to have. As long as you have those to trust, then you can take on the world." he scratches at the collar around his throat, "On that note, you ever figure out what you were going to use for the command word?" he chuckles, trying to lighten the mood some.
     
  16. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    Ulysesn looks to Tassara then the pillar
    "Did we only come here to learn what Malcabeth and ourselves already know?"
     
  17. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,699
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:

    "Yes, we have been hearing about that recently" she says with a sigh. Tassara looks at Ulysesn and Hayao. "Should I?" she asks showing them her coin and motioning towards the Lady's direction.


    If they agree to ask her, Tassara will show her the coin (otherwise ignore the following). "We found this on a trip to the.... plane of limbo? That's how Malcabeth called it. Each one of us faced a particular 'dream' while we were there. At the end of our ordeal... we were given this. It started pulsing a while ago... it keeps doing it even here at the anti-magic field. Do you know what could it mean?"
     
  18. Chaos Theory ≈Happy Halloween ≈

    Messages:
    7,975
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    [Outskirts of Eomr]​

    Akane pulled her arms behind her head and clasped her fingers together. If it wasn't for the restrictive breast plate she wore, her chest would have been puffed out as she followed behind Yuki as he gave the grand tour of the base. Seemed after the letter she'd been given by her order was read, investigating the disappearances around the Dnalgne boarders, she was deemed trustworthy enough to be welcomed in. Which would have made her tail wag, if it wasn't wound into her leggings. Which, now that she thought about it hurt like hell. The tour was grand, well it would have been if Akane wasn't fixated on Yuki. She couldn't remember the last Centaur she met, much less one that was actually deer over horse.

    She wanted to ride him so bad and not in the sexual sense. Well maybe a little in that way. She, was trained in mounted combat and she had lost her steed long ago when she was first given her mission. A few wrong turns and a stint of bad luck combined with a hungry belly made Akane do some drastic things. Things she wasn't all that proud of. The ceremony she gave afterwards though, that was something to be proud of.

    When it was all said and done they were back at the entrance of the compound and Akane was no more learned of the place than she was when tour began. Though some of her Chickens did peel off place to place to make roosts of their own. With a few parting words Yuki was off to do his own thing leaving Akane with Tia and Hex. Akane's long ears twitched as Yuki vanished. "So" she slowly states pulling a pawed hand to her side. With a small clack she unlatches the plate allowing it to swivel from her torso. With a loud clang she tossed it up over her shoulder allowing it to slam into the back of her armor.

    The motion synched the armor around her arm, so she wouldn't loose it. "What you want do fox lady? How 'bout tag?!" ~

     
  19. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,585
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Reputation:
    "Hex's fast. E'en faster than ye, it wouldn' be fair." The tiny fox shakes her head at the big wolf, while pawing at her own armor, tossing the breastplate to the side of one of the buildings.

    “We could build a moat.” Hex suggests, letting off a gentle yawn.

    Tia's eyes sparkle in excitement, “Aye! Les do tha'!” She leaps onto Hex's saddle, pointing towards the outside of the fence. “Ad Victoriam Hex! Followfollow 'Kane.” The dragon leaps into the air, beginning to fly to where they would go to begin their digging. Hex wasn't even on the ground before the fox began to dig at the dirt. Hex begins digging not far away, but his ends up burrowing deep into the dirt faster than the others.
     
  20. Chaos Theory ≈Happy Halloween ≈

    Messages:
    7,975
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    38
    Reputation:
    [Outskirts of Eomr]​

    Akane's eyes sparkled at the thought. As a small pup she loved to dig and now Tia and Hex not only wanted to dig, but had a good reason to do so. Well, that was good enough for Akane who sprinted after the surprisingly nimble fox after she tossed her breast plate aside. Akane quickly followed behind until she fox started to dig. Akane, being the half hound she was, quickly follows as dirt and ground flew high into the air, only to crash down in ever growing mounds around the pair as Hex slammed into the earth a few meters from them. Hex was a master burrower, so he quickly overtakes the two.

    Being a half Worg her comparative streak came to light and though she didn't have a snowball's chance in hell in beating Hex, she took the challenge up all the same. "Oh dat the way you wanna play. Den Akane play too!" she grinned hopping out of her hole. Stripping down to just her thin undergarments Akane's tail bushed out as she leapt head first back into the trench she was helping to dig. Now fully mobile she tore into the ground with a vigor. Clumps of clay and soil flew in the air as Akane tried her best to catch up with Hex, which was greatly in vain as the Dragon was far stronger and quicker than she was.

    "Akane gun catch up you bet'cha!" she laughs as she burrows .... straight down ...

     
  21. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    "Seeing as she isn't actually here far as I can tell..."
    Ulysesn nods
    "Go ahead."
     
  22. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    Lantana muses a moment before speaking, "'er-draug.' Elven; 'lone wolf' I guess would be the best translation though 'the wolf that is lonely' is probably closer. Seems fitting ."


    The woman frowns seeming to consider the request, "artifacture isn't exactly my specialty. Obviously there is powerful magic at work if it functions here." Her voice sounds somewhat guarded, obviously uncomfortable with this turn of events. "Some powerful mages have tricks to get around anti-magic fields, I've never heard of this extending to common items but I cannot say it's impossible. Artifacts, relics of great power sometimes draw upon magic in unusual ways, if you're carrying around unknown artifacts I would urge you to use more sense in the future."
     
  23. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    Ulysesn is tapping his foot, he's pondering
    "An artifact eh? You know we got this in the dream right after Kaylee right? So maybe we all need to do is have everyone gather with Kaylee again? Or perhaps find someone like that, maybe Miss Mirror can show us a way to do it like the monk?"
     
  24. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,699
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    "Thank you for your insight, I appreciate it"

    "We will be moving now. If you wish to contact us we have people on the Academy not far from here and also we have a base at the outskirts of Eomr with the Wild"

    She tells Ulysesn: "I don't think she can right now Uly. Let's get back with the others and plan our trip to that birthplace in the mean time"

    On the way out Tassara will check if her coin reacts differently with proximity from Duncan's, Uly's and Hayao's.
     
  25. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    The rate of the pulses changes a bit as you move it around but it doesn't seem like the coin is reacting to the others in any discernible way.
     
  26. Unlosing Ranger Transcending Time

    Messages:
    6,121
    Likes Received:
    644
    Trophy Points:
    593
    Reputation:
    "Ms.Mirror, you should find a new hiding spot if we could find you."
    Ulysesn turns to follow Tassara
    "Personally I think we should help the other areas in the world first, but your call."
     
  27. EvilMoogle Well-Known Member Supporting Staff

    Messages:
    20,996
    Likes Received:
    91
    Trophy Points:
    753
    Reputation:
    The image of the woman smirks slightly, "while some might say I hide myself from the world this has been my home for quite some time. My defenses are stronger here than they would be elsewhere, and while that hasn't stopped the deaths of a number of my peers I am at least more confident here."
     
  28. soulnova Hello Kyuubi

    Messages:
    15,699
    Likes Received:
    26
    Trophy Points:
    48
    Reputation:
    Tassara will try to discern if it's reacting as if it was reacting to some direction in particular.

    (checking North for reference )
    Survival 1d20+11
    15+11 = 26


    "We have many things to do but we must focus on Dnalgne for the moment. The undead are to the north, the birthplace of the megabane seems to be here and also we have the civil unrest. Besides... we all started here." she comments to Uly still checking the coin. "You are a noble, are you? Do you think we should contact your family to seek a way to restore power or look at the information on that town? In any case we should inform of Lady Mirrors' information to Malcabeth, see what he suggests"
     
  29. Captain Obvious is a fightin lass

    Messages:
    6,585
    Likes Received:
    20
    Trophy Points:
    393
    Reputation:
    "Oi mate, around, no' down. We're makin a moat, nae a pit." Tia wags her tail excitedly as the dirt continues to bellow from behind her own paws. The dragon is already beginning to leave the immediate area of the two furry women.

    Yuki smiles and nods, "I'm honored. Maybe not the zapping part, but because you thought about it." he sticks his tongue out teasingly. "You have everything you need for adventuring? Think I've heard things about them wanting to head out soon." He asks, tilting his head to look at her.
     
  30. Hidden Nin Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    11,410
    Likes Received:
    31
    Trophy Points:
    503
    Reputation:
    Hayao gives a nod to affirm Tassara offering the coin, though he still keeps a close watch over Lady S as she does that. "We were only able to find her because of Malcabeth's directives," he points out. "And I suspect, because she let us find her. But one is always strongest in familiar terrain," he says, quoting a bit of wisdom from his days as an apprentice. "Thank you for your time," he tells her, and then proceeds to make his way out with the rest.

    "Is it really in our best interests to involve ourselves in the politics of Dnalgne outside of clearing our reputation and improving it? It's...possible we could play into those political games; Drell's new establishment, for example, will have political pool, and with Hojo-dono back, the Toyatomi Clan may be more active. Ulysesn's influence is also not to be understated, nor Akane's...position as a Knight so close to the Throne. But is that a wise course of action?"
     
Loading...