1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Contest Central Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is Sunday, September the 15th at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

End of Skypiea Arc (Skypiea Spoilers)

Discussion in 'One Piece Anime Archive' started by Monkey D Luffy UK, Oct 7, 2006.

1. Monkey D Luffy UK

I just watched the final episode of the Skypiea Arc, and while i feel it wasn't as great as Arabasta Arc i still enjoyed. Particulary the fights between Luffy & Enel. Enel was a great big bad and i think he was better than crocodile my only problem with Skypiea was that if felt being dragged out at certain points, most specifically when Luffy remained stuck inside the snake for a loooooooong time.

However at the end of the penultimate episode of the Skypiea Arc i couldn't help but come up with numerous conspiracy theories regarding what is going on. Recently i read a post ages ago regarding a theory that One Piece was actually the evidence behind the hidden history. When i learned that Nico believes that the Rio Poneglyph is believed to be on Raftel at the end of the Grand Line i couldn't help but think that maybe the titular 'one piece' might actually be the Rio Poneglyph.
    It may have been a less than great arc, i am still convinced that One Piece remains one of the best Anime/Manga series i have ever seen and i love how it can take a 5 minute sequence makes me spend the next 4 hours coming up with various theories.

Skypiea is finally over, after G-8 and Davy Back i can finally get to the 2 arcs i am so looking forward to seeing; Water 7 & Enies Lobby.

Tags:
  2. Captain Pimp

Yea, Skypiea may seem draggy, but it was a pretty good arc though.

When you get to Enies Lobby arc, you will be amazed :nod

3. Aman

I enjoyed Skypiea, and liked how long it was, but I understand what you mean. That One Piece is the Rio Poneglyph is the most common theory on what One Piece is, but I don't think it will be something that obvious.

You definitely should look forward to W7/EL, it's amazing. :grin

4. uzumakinaruto215

I heard about the Water 7/Enies Lobby arc, I just don't want to spoil myself with it because I'm currently following Kaizoku-Fansubs, and I haven't read the latest chapters manga, I might if it takes too long. I already spoiled myself, thanks to my brothers, with the 2nd gear clip and Luffy facing off with Ussop.

5. Monkey D Luffy UK

Ep 273 remains the only episode i 'spoiled' myself on purely because of Luffy's Gear Second. That episode alone is one of the reasons why i'm looking forward to getting to Water 7/Enies Lobby, seems like everyone is getting a power up.

6. Slips

Water 7 and Enies lobby are the undisputed king of arcs for One Piece and for good reason.

G-8 for a filler is a quality watch but you should be looking foward to the DBF arc as that has some excellent moments includeing the introduction of the best One Piece character and I'm not talking about the villian of the arc either :)

7. Masaki

Don't stick with K-F. They filled the gap, so now you can move ahead.

I honestly don't notice much of a difference in quality.

8. Belldandy

Water 7 is a great arc you will be pleased.

9. Monkey D Luffy UK

i've stayed with K-F up to the end of the Skypiea Arc, the remaining episodes are mostly all a mix of ADC Elites, Gerusama and another that i can't remember.
    As long as i can keep up with whats going on in the episode i don't mind which subbed version of one piece i watch

10. FFLN

I liked Skypiea, but as you said, it really felt dragged out at times, such as during the Trial of Balls and Enel constantly trying to run away from his beating.:p Still, it was a fun arc. They got lots of neat things from there, even though they're now down by a few rubberbands.:)

11. Kusajishi

Welll for those who are still watching kaz sub, go on! You wont have the patience to wait after G-8 because the fillers are REALY REALY crappy after that.. ADC subs is great to!

12. Monkey D Luffy UK

The Trial of Balls was ok, it was mostly the Luffy being trapped in the snake, the only thing i liked about the whole survival game bit was that it showed how 'badass' Enel truly was and just couldn't be stopped. That is until Luffy showed up, and i was there cheering when Luffy slammed Enel into that Bell and everyone else was yelling him on. Its a good arc and is in no way dragging one piece down, there were just parts of it where i felt it wasn't sustaining a momentum.

Anyway, half way through G-8 arc and its probably the best filler arc i've seen yet. (It's miles ahead of the Apis Arc)

13. Haruko Sedai

Skypiea was great. Of course it was great for a reason. That's just the reason why I watched the Arc. ...A ______N MOMENT and a _______I MOMENT!

14. makaveli80

Skypeia was a decent arc imo...the only thing was at the end, almost noone died...I understand the target audience includes kids, but I was shocked that weakling Enel didn't kill ANYONE important. How the hell could he be so weak? People keep being shocked and coming back...all he does is knock them unconcious...and that pink clothes girl father, he got blasted from the sky but even he survived...I just found that amusing

Ok, in terms of questions...does Enel escape at the end? He seems to be flying towards the moon...will he be making a return sometime?

And regarding Zoro, when he fought Mr.1...he was able to sense where everything was as well when he was almost defeated. Was that what the priests called "Mantra"???

15. Emery

Oh please. We all know that One Piece will turn out to be your nakama, the greatest treasure of all :wtf

16. Masaki

Enel returns in a cover story.

Nah, it's probably more related to swordsmanship.

17. Hoon ♥

im on W7 right now, where everyone reveals who they are

but downloading it taking awhile xD

18. makaveli80

The girl Aisa had it too though. And all 4 priests had it. Maybe it's an angel thing...but then again, Zoro kinda did it vs Mr. 1 so dunno...

19. Hoon ♥

i forgot what it was.. but its not the same thing