1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice

Epiphany vs Death of the Endless

Discussion in 'Outskirts Battledome' started by Imakarum Mirabilis, Sep 16, 2018.

1. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

I’m up early so might as well post an idea I had in mind before the end of the week. Anyways, Epiphany and Death talk a stroll through the mystical Otherworld. Who comes out on top?

Song so fits them :lmao

Tags:
  2. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

I have a mini-respect post on Epiphany saved in my notes so sit tight, this might be a bit lengthy. I’ll also divide it into 3 parts due to the 20 image limit rule as well as a bit of a lengthy analysis on the character.

Gives inspiration to Rick Jones
    Spoiler:

Figures out Rick Jones’ molecular bonding with Genis without Rick having to mention their link to her

Aware of Entropy’s plan and Eternity’s involvement in it. Possibly knocked out Rick and sent him elsewhere

Can perceive the ongoings between Genis in the universe and Rick in the Microverse simultaneously

Tanked the destruction and recreation of the Omniverse. Note the identical descriptions describing Eternity and Multi-Eternity, the latter of whom outright embodies the Omniverse
    Spoiler:

Gave Rick the “Psi-Fry” ability which knocks Genis back and hurts him as well as it delaying the murder of Eternity

Said “Psi-Fry” can kill Genis although it costs Rick his life in the process

Accurately deduces Entropy’s mindset

Senses the effects of Genis recreating the Omniverse and knowing full well that he and Rick will remember everything

Last edited: Sep 16, 2018
  3. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

Stuff gets a bit confusing post-Eternity’s resurrection due to whether or not Genis was simply hallucinating Epiphany or if she was really there. I lean on Epiphany having been there and I’ll try my best to explain why

Genis yells at Mar-Vell’s grave and says he put Elysius up to confronting him. Notice that his helmet was atop Marv’s headstone but it ends up in Epiphany’s possession. Time is also relative to her as well as the possibility that she can manifest anywhere she likes
    Spoiler:

Epiphany gave Genis inspiration to resurrect Rick through their Psi-Link after sleeping with him albeit his Cosmic Awareness wasn’t activated when they did it so it’s hard to say if it would work with it turned on. It probably would given she could sense the effects of the Omniverse being recreated and how it would affect Genis as well as possibly having helped Entropy drive him insane. I won’t show the scene of them in bed together talking about resurrecting Rick since it might get me into trouble so if you want to see the scene for yourself, check Issue #16 of Captain Marvel Vol. 5 from 2002. A bit of evidence that she was actually there since Rick would likely still be dead without her inspiring Genis to bring him back

Epiphany is able to see and hear Rick Jones in the Microverse while she’s in the greater universe
    Spoiler:

The author here suggests that Epiphany may just be a figment of Genis’ imagination but he offers up the possibility that she may just be cloaking herself from Rick. Why? No idea but it may have to do with her manipulating Genis. It would make sense that she could given she’s an Abstract entity as well as the fact she was able to figure out Rick and Genis’ molecular bond without Rick mentioning it to her

Elysius says that both Entropy and Epiphany were manipulating Genis and it’s likely that if Epiphany was with Genis and hiding herself from others that she was still manipulating Genis

Epiphany says that Genis is still insane but he’s “playing it closer to the vest,” which gives further credence that she was actually there with Genis as the narrator explains that he’s also insane but trying to be less destructive with his madness
    Spoiler:

Eulogy says that Epiphany is but one of 7 members of the Friendless, a spoof on the Endless right down to the names starting with the same letter

Likely was born when the Omniverse was created alongside Entropy and the other Friendless
    Spoiler:

4. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

It’s hard to say where Epiphany stands in terms of firepower since she doesn’t have any offensive feats however she does have the ability to play with Rick and Genis’ molecular bond and kill them both by having Rick exploit their connection to utilize the Psi-Fry ability. Genis also figured out how to use the Psi-Fry ability to mind control Rick and make him commit suicide. While it is impressive that Epiphany can kill Genis, she only does so by exploiting a weak spot in the molecular bond between Rick and Genis rather than something she can conjure up so easily.

Regardless, she has some hax under her belt, 2 insane durability feats on panel (3 since she likely came into existence with Eternity and the other Friendless), several incredible sensing feats and her being one of Eternity’s children might give her some parity with her brother, Entropy. Shame that she hasn’t shown up since the Peter David run on Captain Marvel, she’s a pretty interesting and unique take on an Abstract entity. I also like how despite her whole thing being about revelation that she’s very much a mysterious entity that plays with whoever has caught her eye which is similar to the Endless embodying opposing ideals.

One last bit of trivia for the Friendless is that they are meant to embody certain aspects of writing comics. Entropy is the inevitable end of the comic, Epiphany is self explanatory, Eulogy’s function is to bring everything to an end and transition the comic to Entropy, Expediency is about bringing quick solutions to tie everything up and Enmity is also self explanatory. Empathy and Eternity are the mysteries as to what they mean in terms of comics but I’d imagine Eternity is meant to represent the life of the comic before it inevitably ends and becomes Entropy until another comic comes along and it becomes Eternity again. I have no idea what Empathy means here since we haven’t seen Empathy in person as of yet and I doubt we ever will.

Dissect this all to your heart’s content @TTGL @Ampchu @John Wayne @NightmareCinema @MatthewSchroeder @Jackalinthebox and hash this out. Death probably wins this one but I thought I’d show what Epiphany is capable of. Hopefully by tonight at least, I’ll get to see if this thread goes anywhere :zaru

5. Blade DAN DAN

• Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

7. The World KATTA

8. Ampchu CPU Purple Heart

Well, seeing as Death is one of the embodiments of the DC Multiverse, her power is definitely endless levels of infinity simple because the Multiverse's hierarchy reaches to that level, or "multi megaverse level+" as a more shallow comparison. Haven't really looked into Epiphany's feats as much however.

9. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

She mostly has durability on her side. She tanked the Omniverse's creation and destruction and was probably born when it was created. She can also mess with minds be it mortal or Abstract and kill someone as powerful as Genis by frying their brains. Hard to say how powerful she is but if she can kill Omniverse level entities with that, she might be able to kill Death here.

10. Gunstarvillain Endless One

Going by feats they can do the same thing almost but manipulating genis who could give luci a spanking speaks volumes

11. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

She may be on the sidelines for most of Genis' insanity bit but the girl is damn powerful if you look closely into her :wow

12. Ampchu CPU Purple Heart

Oi, sounds like Death doesn't really fair well in an actual fight of this caliber then... granted, Death is extremely hard to actually kill because she embodies an abstract concept on an extremely cosmic level, but sounds like even this won't save her, but hey, she's always cool with forfeiting because it's not her thing, Death's a cool big sis after all. :zaru

13. Jackalinthebox Well-Known Member

Starting to think Jakk is trying to bait me :gglife

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  14. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

I thought Death was Omniverse level too but I guess she isn't

Sorry man :gglife

15. Ampchu CPU Purple Heart

She's borderline omniverse level, but not quite there. If anyone were to be baseline omniverse level, I would argue Destiny is simply because he dwarfs the DC Multiverse like a literal person carrying around an encyclopedia textbook, but even that's a little sketchy.

However, I had the impression that anyone on Genis' level is above the baseline anyway.

16. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

Well I think in terms of conventional firepower, she's (Multi-)Eternity and Entropy's peer but her ability to fry brains like Genis' probably puts her up higher than she otherwise would be.

Granted, the reason she could do that is because Rick and Genis were molecularly bonded and she was able to figure out their link and exploit a weakness between them but the fact she was still able to give Rick the "Psi-Fry" ability which can injure and kill Genis still says a lot.

17. Blαck Groovy Tony

Death has been hit with the nerf stick a bit too often lately, he'll even those 3 sisters embarassed her ass in front of thanos. Only marvel to try to soften the blow with an off hand comment.

Deaths only real hype is the beyonders not being able to kill her.

18. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

Death did destroy the Cancerverse Galactus so there's that. Multi-Death or I guess Final Death (going off of Starlin's "Infinity Abyss" series calling Oblivion's true form "Final Oblivion") should be the same level as Multi-Eternity and Entropy

19. Ampchu CPU Purple Heart

Wait, which Death are we talking about here? I swore it was about Death of the Endless here. :thunk

20. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

Black here might have gotten Marvel Death confused with Vertigo's Death of the Endless here

I haven't heard of any nerfs Vertigo's Death has gotten but I'm well aware of Marvel Death getting hit by the nerf bat and having her job like crazy

21. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

Missed this feat from the Coven arc which was boring beyond belief

Epiphany taught Rick a lot about mental discipline and gave him the ability to liquefy Genis’ brain and cut off the sliver of Cosmic Awareness that Coven received from Genis

Okay, now I definitely think Epiphany wins this one :wow

22. Ampchu CPU Purple Heart

Death forfeits in a noble manner and invites Epiphany to her cosmic sleepover instead. :maybe

23. Blαck Groovy Tony

Oh, yeah I meant marvel death . My bad :lmao

24. Blade DAN DAN

Vegito: ''Genis check, the omniverse is already my bitch''

:mjlol

25. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

Will post more in detail later

26. Imakarum Mirabilis Perfect Immortal Machine

@Bernkastel you say you saw Genis, Entropy and Eternity give rape faces right? Well check out this one

Still wanna get "inspired?" :mjpls:

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  27. Bernkastel Welcome child of man

Looks like she's ready to troll the entire omniverse :gabe

28. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

Thanos is a horny stalker who just got out of prison

30. Darth Nihilus Super Saiyan Black

Death of the Endless appearing in Marvel 616 coming to catch some fades

Now that's fucking power bruh