1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 11 - Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of February 2014' started by Revan21, Dec 11, 2012.

1. Revan21

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kpFeOZBcDI[/YOUTUBE]

Tags:
  2. Xiammes Supporting Staff

I am really starting to think we are in for a tragic ending. With the plot synopsis, Rikka disappears from the town and Yuuta learns the real reason for her Chunni in episode 12. Its hard to think they will be able to wrap everything up so nicely in one episode.

3. Sephiroth

Was there a vote thread for anime of the month? I guess I missed it.

4. Kurokami Medaka

Wondering what Shinka is exactly doing in that preview. Well, we know that these last two episodes will be heart wrenching. Dekomori's seiyuu also mentioned her playing a major role in the end, should be fun either way.

5. Kurokami Medaka

6. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

[URW]_Chuunibyou_demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_-_11_[720p][C31B6869].mkv
    [gg]_Chuunibyou_Demo_Koi_ga_Shitai!_-_11_[7F7B8D55].mkv

7. Revan21

OMG, that opening scene :ohpek Touka thanking Yuuta, Rikka being all normal, but most of all: Yumeha wanting a chance to see their kids :hurr

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  8. Kurokami Medaka

Heart wrenching scene with Dekomori and Shinka in the hallway and the final scene was even more so.:cry

Final episode should be something else to look forward to. Yes, let the Yuuta x Touka shipping commence.:hurr

9. Revan21

The ending got me all teary eyed, but I have to admit, eventhough Yuuta said that's not what he meant, I thought he was right 100% :cry
    No matter how entertaining their imaginary battles were and how silly those two could get, I also want to see Rikka and Sanae leave their Chu2 behind and start acting like normal people. It made Rikka even more moe anyway :hurr
    But she's also taking things too far. Just because you don't want to let your imagination run wild, it doesn't mean you cannot fantasize about things and see the beauty in everyday life.

So I hope KyoAni is not planning to revert Rikka back into her Chu2 state, and saying that she's happier that way. That would be dumb and such a clich? :oh

Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
  10. blakstealth Moderator

wow, someone's really early with their release. :0

11. Corwin

Well done Yuuta, you're a Master at making girls cry :zaru

12. Fate115

Is..is this it for the DFM? :cry

That whole final scene was heart wrenching. I'm not even sure how it's going to end. I just hope that Rikka doesn't truly to give up on her fantasizing that she too can still be that "Chu2" girl without having it take over her whole life.

13. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

Well, that was a rather subdued episode. Not to mention the drama felt forced and a bit over the top.

That being said it was interesting seeing Rikka act normal...just wish it was a bit more genuine and not a facade.

14. Eki

Feels like its going to end with her accepting the fathers death and then going back to imaginary fantasy land.

15. Wolfarus

GG's version
    this

16. Wolfarus

Yuuta should have tempered his response to both of them. Yes, they needed to grow up and stop acting like their fantasies were real, ect. BUT that dosnt mean they have to loose that spark of imagination/wonder/creativity.

Just get it under control, ect. Wonder if this is a case of "if im going to be miserable, im going to make sure im not the only one" :hmm

E.G. Yuuta was given the same harsh/cold-turkey treatment, and thats the only way he knows how to deal with their syndrome's, rikka's especially since she had it for so long.

17. blakstealth Moderator

Holy fuck, I was waiting 11 weeks for this bad boy. That was an awesome episode filled with delicious tears from all.

The first few minutes before the OP were great; seeing Touka thanking Yuuta (and getting patted, that lucky bastardo ;_;) and saying her goodbyes was pretty sad to watch.

I also absolutely loved the last scene with Yuuta and Dekomori. It was magnificent.

18. Xiammes Supporting Staff

God damnit Yuuta, get your shit together. Your light novel version is so much more tolerant for chunnibyou and understands its a phase that you can't force out of people.

Still I am glad they didn't break up over what he did in episode 10, I would have raged a bit over it.

19. blakstealth Moderator

I like this belligerent Yuuta. :T

20. belkrax

Somebody please explain to me why is this series so good.

Im in love with CDKS

21. Brian

Yuuta :giogio This was the first time I felt bad for Dekomori, those globs of tears. :(

I understand what he was trying to say, but he went too far in the end. I can only picture a happy ending for this series with the club reforming again but one episode to do all of that is hard to imagine.

22. Xiammes Supporting Staff

Yeah one episode to tie everything up seems unlikely, if they do it will likely feel incredible rushed. It might end with a cliffhanger, announcing a season 2 or ova's to end it.

23. Kurokami Medaka

Well there is a OVA incoming but I doubt it'll be a continuation.

24. Eisenheim

Nothing really wrong with what Yuuta did. It may seem a little harsh but so is reality. It won't wait when you are ready. It won't matter what state you are in or how feeling down you are. I think it was still good that it was Yuuta who did it, not someone else.

25. Xiammes Supporting Staff

I think it was bad that Yuuta forced her into instead of sitting down and talking about it, its not like she wouldn't listen to him. He went about everything the wrong way.

26. TylerDurden

man, was i let down by the recent development...i liked the first part of the dramatic shift (which spanned around episode 7-9) since we got deredere Rikka in exchange but this recent part was so depressing it seemed phony. First, because everything felt so joyful in the first 6 episodes (really, man, i can't forget the bald isshiki) that the transition felt so jarring (i actually had the same problem with Angel Beats!), second, i thought Rikka took the right step, maturing up, while Dekomori was trying to bring her into the dark side of childishness and lunacy and tragically everyone supported her...Yuuta did the right thing in the end...i'm assuming Rikka is going cold turkey..trying to adjust to her new personality and blending in like a normal person...and i'm sure Nibutani and Yuuta went through the same phase before....

really, man, everyone was getting too emotional, calm the fuck down and see the situation in a greater light....

27. Xiammes Supporting Staff

I highly doubt they did go through the same phase, Yuuta and Nibutani fell out of Chuuni naturally and they weren't using it as a escapism for the real world. Yuuta and Nibutani and all former chuuni's have expressed embarrasement for their past, Rikka just seems like her world has ended.

28. Eki

I was thinking this also, but if you look at it in a different way they're just kids going through adolescence.

29. Bleach

Episode was a bit hard to watch for few reasons. One being because of all the feels. Second because of how they really are trying to show that Rikka isn't happy and that going back to her old ways would be best. No! Everything Yuuta said at the end to Dekomori was right. You can't just do things that makes you happy (or ignorant/oblivous) that are obviously bad for you. I really hope she doesn't go back to her old ways in the next episode. They really seem to be trying to push for that. She really needs to just deal with it outside of the syndrome phase. Shit ain't healthy and if she keeps it up through he teenage years it's gonna be even harder to get rid of it and get into the real world.

Also, I just noticed that Nibutani sings in the ED too :D!

Last edited: Dec 14, 2012
  30. Wolfarus

^

I think there needs to be a roughly 80/20 balance. The gang dosnt have to completely shut out their chunnibyou/fantasy sides. They can mess around with it when amongst themselves or alone, ect.

But they also need to realize that you cant live like that forever, and the longer you let it control you, the harder time you're going to have transitioning to teenage-adult life.

So i think yuuta has been both correct and incorrect in how he deals with the situation.