1. opcontest
    Come join the One Piece Fanart Contest!
    The deadline is on July 5 at 4:00 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alley Banner Contest
    Join the Alley's Thread Festival!
    Make a thread a day from the 1st to the 10th of July.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 13 Dicussion

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of July 2012' started by Random Member, Jul 15, 2012.

1. Random Member

Subs:
    [Mazui]_Hyouka_-_13_[61A6EA94].mkv

New OP this week.

Mikansei Stride by Saori Kodama:

Tags:
  2. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

I'm not sure if I liked this OP more than the first one but it has it's charm :lmao

Satoshi may look weird in that costume, but he sure knows how to play the crowd. He makes for a very good pitch/salesman.

As for Houtarou, the items he's giving away are paying off dividends in the form of the recipient giving something in return. While it seems random, they each serve a purpose. At least that appears to be the patter thus far. I'm guessing it's going to lead to something big before the festival ends. And to think his sister started it all with that broken pen.

And neither Houtarou or Eru have nothing to be ashamed of when it comes to those pictures :hurr

3. Corwin

I'm looking forward to seeing what item Houtarou ends up receiving next.

But surely his sister couldn't have possibly predicted that chain of events?

4. Random Member

I wouldn't be surprised if that's revealed to be the case. They always have her behind something in each arc.

And I'm hoping Mayaka gets to tell off the chick cosplaying as a priestess. She was a giant bitch. Yuasa and the rest of the manga club apparently aren't much better.

5. Tomochii-Chan

I really love the OP :wtf I like the animation sequence too. I thought it was cute when Eru pulled Houtarou out of the glass :33

Couldn't help but lol so much at the end with Eru and Houtarou about the pictures :lmao

6. Zatono

I cracked up at the ending with the pictures, the expressions were just too funny :lmao

Interesting that Mayaka couldn't find the manga, almost as if it got stolen by whoever is stealing everything else haha. But damn, she's literally got boxes of manga.

Was the thing with the cosplay priestess staged though? At least between the president and her, otherwise the president is a pretty quick thinker taking advantage of the situation like that.

Great visuals like always in this episode, and I liked the new intro as far as animation, but not the song itself. :-(

7. jam3sbob

8. Golden Witch

Advertising his club and the anthologies like a boss.:rotfl
    And OMG HE SPINZ!!:LOS

Darui derived from the word sluggish?
    Mayaka in the Manga Club?
    I see what you did there.:maybe

Holy shit at Mayaka's Manga collection.O___O

A Tarot Card is missing.
    Playing Stones are missing.
    Manga is missing.
    Meanwhile Houtarou has an odd chain of lucky events happening.

Yeah, no way this is a coincidence.:lmao

Also notably its the Fortune Arcana the Wheel of Fortune which symbolizes Fate and varying luck, fortunes and opportunities.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  9. Jirou

Another mystery has been revealed to be solved!
    I just find it really cute on the way Oreki and Chitanda are both embarrassed because of the pictures! Specially Oreki-san~

10. Butō Rengoob

Satoshi's little hat during the quiz on top of his Saturn :rofl

Too bad he didn't win :-(

11. Revan21

The new OP is nice but the previous one was much-much better. Both the song and the visuals.

Saturn has dominated the universe :awesome I thought Satoshi's advertisement would make the anthology sell a bit better than that:cry

While goofing around Chitanda has stumbled upon another mystery,
    while Oreki has collected another strange item. I wonder how is he going to use them?

And I knew he would look through Chitanda's photos at one point :hurr

12. blakstealth Moderator

Definitely liking the new OP itself better than the first one. Song is okay.

Damn, what a good episode. I wonder what Oreki's gonna do with the Glock in the next ep, and I also hope Mayaka chokes a priestess in the next ep.

13. chibbselect

lol Oreki's in the middle of a Zelda trading quest. he's going to trade the water gun for some other useless item, then trade that for something else, and eventually he'll end up with the Biggoron's Sword...:yay

(so i guess his sister can see the future or something)

14. Golden Witch

As the last few episodes have hinted at something crucial.
    Tarot connections.

We got:
    The Wheel of Fortune Card missing.
    Note that we got the Tarot connection to the Classics Club and Irisu as well.
    Mayaka - Justice
    Satoshi - Magician
    Fool - Eru
    Strength - Houtarou
    Empress - Irisu

I'm not fully convinced though the Tarot connection is there which is basically future reading.
    And you know, visiting Benares possibly hints at Tomoe believing in such powers when its a city known to be the most holiest place of Hinduism.

In any case:
    The wheel of fortune perfectly describes the situation.
    The misfortune of the missing Manga.
    The misfortune of the missing game stones.
    The misfortune of the missing Tarot.
    The misfortune of Chitandas attempts to advertise the club.
    Meanwhile:
    Houtarou is blessed with luck.

I note again that its tremendously odd from Tomoe to give him a pen like that.
    However he won the lucky number due to the pen.And the number saved the guys zipper thus receiving the gun.

Incidentally I point to "The World."

Last edited: Jul 17, 2012
  15. Yakushi Kabuto

I liked the OP and how well it visualized what is going on for Houtarou. Setoshi sold his club so well, lol. He reminds me of Kitamura (Toradora) a little bit. In that spazzy but brilliant personality. The fiber thought killed me since I was thinking it sounded like she was having a hard time going. xD The quiz material did make me think of Nanamaru Sanbatsu, I wish it came out more regularly. And this must be a sign of being into too many series when one always makes me think of others. >.>;

I do love how all these different little things are going on though. With the little mysteries, group issues, and Hotarou helping various people with little items and trading up from there. They did show off a little bit of how each of these people are skilled in their own way but as a whole with their minds together they could be even more amazing. Ibara had the cutest room ever, by the way.

16. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Heh, this episode reminded me a bit of a Tarantino movie. Did it seem like Satoshi lost on purpose?

And why do I get the feeling that what Oreki received is a literal Chekov's gun?

17. Jirou

you actually have a point in here. everything you said seems just.. psychologically legal, or right. it's cool. :canttouchthis

18. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

lol, he's doing a Zelda trade quest . . . without having to do the actual questing. :lmao