1. opcontest
    Vote in the One Piece Fanart Contest!
    The Voting ends on Jul 10, 2020 at 6:13 PM.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Alley Banner Contest
    Join the Alley's Thread Festival!
    Make a thread a day from the 1st to the 10th of July.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 15 Discussion

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of July 2012' started by Random Member, Jul 29, 2012.

1. Random Member

[Mazui]_Hyouka_-_15_[1F3EB982].mkv

Tags:
  2. Revan21

Now they are starting to act like a professional detective agency, taking down notes, brainstorming and everything.
    We have also learned that Chitanda is just not cut out for negotiations. She's too quick to spill the beans, and I really felt bad for her during the end credits. Ibara seems to be having a hard time too but I simply cannot follow her situation and what's bugging her....

Compared to them, Satoshi is easy to figure out.
    I laughed my ass off when he started saluting to the 'top brass' before the magic show :rotfl

That small cactus looked out of place. Maybe that's the thing that will get stolen from the Classics Club? :oh

Last edited: Jul 29, 2012
  3. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

From the moment the first item was stolen, you knew they'd eventually use the mystery as an opportunity to advertise their anthology. What better way to get people interested in your product than by showcasing your detective prowess?

lol, at Eru taking Irisu's advice too literally.

Straw Millionaire was the term I kept trying to remember as Houtarou kept making all of those trades but couldn't I couldn't recall. I wonder what he plans to trade that mirror for?

As this arc seems to be reaching its climax you can see that the fair is taking a toll on Eri, Mayaka and Satoshi. Didn't think we'd see an envious Satoshi even though small hints have been thrown our way over the course of the series.

4. Random Member

So glad the bitches at the manga club got told off. I still don't think much of Kouchi but it was a nice moment. Hopefully Mayaka can go the rest of the festival without incident.

I think that'd be odd. It doesn't seem to match up with the pattern that the characters found out the thief steals by, unless there's something I missed.

I hope he can get something out of this arc. I can't see him solving this instead of Oreki, but I've been feeling sorry for him ever since those hints started being dropped.

5. Jirou

Now i'm really getting all "kininarimasu" on who this thief is.
    This episode is simply stunning.
    And Oreki is changing because of Chitanda >///<

6. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!

The way they ended this episode was super. Satoshi being all super serious reaching up for the moon, proclaiming he'll defeat Oreki - and then Oreki, nonchalantly discovering the wonders of internet shopping.

Feels like they're whole Batman and Robin dynamic will change after this arc.

edit: just saw a gif of satoshi's moon reach - kinda expected his hand to get split in half there for a sec.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  7. jam3sbob

by the way, mayaka gave oreki a mirror (prop for a cosplay) as exchange for the flour. what was she going to cosplay as?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2012
  8. chibbselect

With the way Chitanda was rehearsing, I thought she had some sort of plan. Instead she goes with, "You are the only one I can turn to for this. I have expectations for you. But I have nothing to gain from it. FEEL MOTIVATED NOW?" (...this would motivate me, at least.)

I think Ibara is being bullied by Miku and friends. Judging by what they're saying, Ibara wanted the manga society to provide manga reviews for the festival, and they thought this would get in the way of manga sales.

random note, but this culture festival looks more awesome than any fair I've ever been to... I don't blame Chitanda's uncle's class for flipping out and burning down a building when the school tried to shorten it.

9. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

I couldn't really get into the character this episode. Like why did Fukube try to catch the guy there and why was he so down about it? Why did Chitanda burn so much energy unnecessarily if she was going to be tired later? Why was Mayaka so concerned over the manga?

10. Kasuke Sadiki

Fukube wants to be the one to catch Juumoji, like he said at the end of the episode. I think he's been feeling kind of jealous of Houtarou. Remember Houtarou told him that if he tried he could definitely be an amazing detective, so now he is trying to act on that. He went to try and catch the guy because he figured the only way to find out who the thief is is to catch him or her in the act. Since the magic club was established as the next target he assumed that the thief would act during the show so he went there in kind of a sting operation. He was frustrated because Oreki made going to the magic show seem like such an obviously useless thing to do. It was just a reminder at how much better Oreki is than him, and how much easier the detective thing comes to him.

Chitanda is Chitanda lol. Same reason she used all of the cooking supplies, or ate all of the spiked chocolate. She doesn't do things half-heartedly and doesn't really think of the long term consequences.

Mayaka wanted to prove her side of the argument about whether manga has objective value or not. I'm also sure she wants to take that girl, who's clearly been bullying her, down a couple of notches. If she doesn't find that manga she can't do either of those things. You could say it was the main piece of evidence in her case.

I was confused by the discussion of the author of the manga and who is friends with who though. Anyone want to summarize that part?

11. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

As I understand Girl A (the one who moved away) is the artist of the two man team of a manga.
    Girl B (the girl Mayaka hates) is Girl A's friend.
    Girl C (the one who was explaining it to Mayaka) knows the story because they're all in the same class. She also implies that Girl B's friendship with Girl A is the only reason she's even in the manga club, and why Girl C is "friends" with Girl B.

12. Kasuke Sadiki

Ah that makes sense. So is that the same manga Mayaka wanted to show her?

13. Revan21

She mentioned this two (or three?) eps back when they were walking to school on the day of the festival.

She's cosplaying Frolbericheri Frol from They Were Eleven :wink

14. Brian

Some real bitches in the manga club :giogio I don't really understand what's going on with Mayaka in this arc but I hope she finds that book soon to shut them up. And Satoshi has been pretty odd in this episode too, out of no where he has to find the culprit? I suppose it's some kind of envy for Oreki building up.

15. Kira Yamato Retired Staff

There were earlier signs such as during the movie arc (as they were walking from school) where Satoshi seemed a bit irritated that Houtarou wouldn't acknowledge that he had a special ability.

16. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

I hope that eventually comes to a breaking point, I want to see Satoshi's angry side.

No. But it's still popular enough that Mayaka has heard of it.

17. blakstealth Moderator

Shit's starting to heat up. It would be pretty cool to see some angry sides soon.

I'm so glad Irisu made another appearance. I lol'd when the pres greeted her as Empress, and she was like, "oh, sup." :hurr
    Fuckin love her.

18. Yakushi Kabuto

Lmao, oh the complete dread Hotarou treats Chitanda's interest in mysteries. There was no way he could escape getting swept along, especially with the two other members of the club there wondering what was happening. Lol, I rather like Masashi. The way he jumped at the mystery news and didn't seem to care at all about Chitanda's charms aside from being thrown off by it. xD

I'm really rooting for Mayaka. Maybe it is partially my dislike of those snooty girls dressed up as characters anyone would recognize. That and I do have great affection for reading or seeing things that never seem to get enough love. I assume once she somehow finds what she is looking for the worth of manga won't be seen as something measured so easily.

19. Zatono

Houtarou is going to solve this mystery and Satoshi is just going to break. There was so much tension in this episode.

Mayaka and Chitanda are getting wrecked too.

Somehow Houtarou is having the best time out of all of them.

20. Butō Rengoob

Gotta say I'm really liking this mystery, way better than the movie one. I'm glad those whores at the manga club got told off, poor Mayaka shouldn't have to put up with that.

Now what I'm really interested in is the way Satoshi was acting and his need to be the one to solve the mystery. His failure should be a build up to something whether an outpouring of frustration or even success, proving he can be special as well. I know deep down he isn't all sunshine and roses, his jealousy of Houtarou should come to a head. In other words....

^ This.

21. Kasuke Sadiki

22. Brian

Yeah, it's like what Irisu told Oreki about him undermining his own ability and not realizing how other people would feel about that and their own in comparison.

23. Golden Witch

A,B,C Murders huh?:hmm
    ABC was trying to pass a murder as a part of a serial killing to surpress suspicions against him.:hmm

He killed Alice Asher and Elizabeth "Betty" Barnard then the real target was Carmichael Clarke and killed the 4th to keep suspicions away and put the blame on someone else with the letters sending them to detective Poirot who is known for using his "little grey cells".

Note:
    ABC was a man who helped out Poirot to solve the case.