1. img
    The KCC is hosting a Short Story Horror Contest!
    The deadline for entries is October 24th at 1am UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Are you an artist that loves One Piece ?
    Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    The deadline is on October 21th at 7:00 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Come enter in the Alley Banner Contest - Mark VI!
    Deadline for entries is October 18th.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Halloween!
    Deadline for entries: October 31st at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 17 looks like the episode...

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Wu Fei, May 31, 2007.

1. Wu Fei

...that will put an end to the huge amount of bitching done by some of the users (myself definitely included). Looking at the preview, when Naruto is talking with his headband off, the art looks like Uchiha massacre quality/Neji vs. Naruto quality/ and other good stuff.

I doubt it will be forever like that but its nice to see my old buddies back in the studio. Looks like the best looking (artwise) episode since Sakura/Naruto began their fight with Kakashi.

Too bad it had to come after the clone fights which were done so crappy (had to throw in the mandatory complaint)

(For bonus points) Naruto looked fat as hell when he walked away from Sakura when she was talking to him. ;P

Tags:
  2. drakt

yep, the preveiw looks really awesome, lets hope it stays that way for the rest of the season.

3. Delta Shell

It won't. Naruto has never really had consistent art and animation even in part 1, wishing for it now is ludicrous.

4. Catterix

Its being done by Team 1. The people who did episodes 1 and 9 of Shippuden. Now that we have extra animators to fill in the gaps, this episode will be absolutely glorious.

5. Butō Rengoob

Definitely looks good. Probably will turn out to be the best episode, animation wise, of shippuden.

6. dkirbyj

Art and animation wise, it'll stop the complaining (hopefully), but it could still be a boring episode....

7. Zaru Retired Staff

Woho, it won't be drawn badly.

But still be slow-paced, boring and fillered.

8. Helix

So basically this indicates that every 8 episodes will equal awesome animation? (Since 8 episodes after 9 will be 17)

9. yuhun

Hey hey i thought the clone fight during the bell training was great!

10. Corwin

Bah, if it's another super long episode of just running and showing Gaara over and over again, I'd rather they kept those pro animators for actual fights.

11. Magoichi

The preview alone shows some improvement in the animation. Just watching Naruto get up from his nap was very well animated. Can't wait for the next episode. :thumbs

12. Delta Shell

Did look like some better animation in the preview.

Better not be wasted on a nothing episode which is 100% talking.

13. graphitesmoothie

Really? I thought the bell test looked really choppy, and a lot of clones were just standing around. :p

Anyways, I agree. I did see a glimmer of hope in the episode preview.

14. Gamble

The preview was great, I really look forward to it. A lot of animation on minor details (hair in wind, clothing movement, etc)

It looks like it's going to mostly be explaining and stuff but oh well, I welcome this episode.

15. Monna

It'll be good when the next huge fight starts, which will probably be 18. I expect 17 to drag stuff out. :/

16. FrostXian

I agree, 17's art and animation seems very, VERY, unexpectedly high quality.

17. Catterix

After ep 17, ep 19 is surefire to have very good animation, being done by team 3 who handled ep 3 and 11. The rest are good, but haven't shown any great skill, though episode 21 will have great art (being done by Team 5 who handled eps 5 and 13). And then, episode 23 will have great animation too as its being done by Team 7 (who did eps 7 and 15) and then we'll end the season on episode 25 with nice animation from Team 1 again, so episode 25 will have the same quality as episode 17.

I don't know about episodes 27 onwards.

Most of this is speculation, but its back up by alot of evidence.

Teams 4, 6 and 8 are good. Team 8 for example have shown that they can do really good animation, they handled ep 16 and Sakura's hair was animated beautifully, as were alot of other things, such as clothing, or when Kankurou grabbed the old geezer. But they're also the most dodgy because it seems that for every good moment, they animated, they draw another one horribly. So they're the mediocre to good animators.

Just for clarification, I use the term "Teams" lightly, it merely explains the process on the whole much easier.

Anyway, ep 17 looks great,, extremely high frame count and a lot of illustrious movement on the character's part. It looks as if Team 1 want to compensate for not being able to do any battle episodes yet.

18. Denizen

it should be cool, but i'll still dissapointed that it wasn't used for Kisame V Team Gai. That fight needed incredible animation, it got less than good.

Shippuuden isn't really THAT bad, but it's still not being handled very well and SP can't prioritise the right things to the right places.

19. orange-kun

we could hope for this, but we all know it won't happen..

20. Centeolt

What are you talking about?! The quality and animations have been great so far! Specialy the last couple of episodes!

21. Spencer_Gator

The preview did look good, but I doubt it stays that way.

22. Catterix

Well even if that is so, you cannot deny that there have been people complaining about it, and its a fact that 17's animation looks to be the best we've seen so far, so there should be no complaints.

However, the animation for Shippuden has been pretty good, especially in episodes 14+ where the new artists have arrived to make it smoother. But the art and animation is not as good, on average, as the original series. And this is mainly the disappointment. When we watch these episodes again in a few months time or so, we won't mind the bad animation at all really. But its when we go in, week after week, never seeing that we'd hoped for over the last 7 days that people get disappointed.

Its understandable, if a little churlish.

23. Uchiha Amik

good b/c 16 was by far the worst overall from an art/animation perspective.

24. Catterix

Worst art was 8: The second half was absolutely damn terrible.
    Worst animation was ep 6: So damn stilted.

I'm going to keep saying this, 16s animation was actually pretty damn good.

25. Uchiha Amik

Sorry Catterix... but your picture of Baby Naruto from yesterday just put it over the top for me! LOL

26. Circe

^I LoL'd. It would only be better if she had said: "You look kinda cool, Naruto."

27. Horrid Crow

You mean the picture where Naruto actually looked somewhat like a baby (big head, small torso) instead of a 2/3 year old child?

28. Uchiha Amik

well, he just looked like a blob to me... you know how in X-Men, Senator Kelly gets all mutantized by Magneto... and then Kelly is like a blob. that was what i was thinking when i saw the pic of Baby Naruto.

29. James

The animation is pointlessly good. Even if the next episode covered 3 chapters there'd be no action.

I mean not that only action deserves great quality but after the crap at the beginning of the Kisame fight why are we getting the stellar quality for an episode of tree jumping?

30. Catterix

And anyway, I can only think of 2 sequences that really were badly drawn. And that was the baby Naruto, and all subsequent shots of Kankurou.

Episode 16 is in second place for bad art, its simply that episode 8 had even more bad shots, and everything looked really flat and stilted, whereas there were some really, really nicely drawn shots in this episode. There's this absolutely fantastic shot of Kakashi that really gets me.

Also the animation was better in this episode, so if we're going for an "overall perspective", episode 16 does come out over 8.

Even if this time he does look more like a baby, he was a worser drawn baby than Part 1's drawn child.

Just look at it, the elbows are jagged, his outline is wobbly, the head is actually misshapen. Part 1's pic was fine, even if he didn't look like a newborn baby, he didn't need to. He looked good like that. This one does not look well drawn. You might as well reward this episode for having Naruto look like a 15 year old, regardless of whether he's well drawn or not.