1. img
    Voting is live in the Art Lounge Drawing Contest!
    Voting threads can be found here and here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We consider ideas for a brand name. You can probably come up with a good one. Click. Within cells, interlinked.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Episode 6 discussion

Discussion in 'Featured Anime of May 2013' started by Melodie, May 11, 2013.

1. Inuhanyou

we already gave you our take with examples. if you yourself are going to ignore that, then shut up about other people.

2. Selva

Why are we even talking about Eren? The dude is dead :ichigo

3. Inuhanyou

because some just cant help themselves :hurr cant wait to see mikasas reaction to it on saturday

4. Santi Super Moderator

Eren got Kamina'd.

In the next two episodes... We discover Armin is the real main protagonist as he goes into depression for a few days, gets filled with Spiral Power, then solos the Titan King with a Giga 3D Breaker.

Witness the power of my clairvoyance.

5. Riffraff

He has no talent in killing actual titans and fails to read into the atmosphere and can barely predict. He also false short when teaming up as he takes matters into his own hands. He's bad. The only thing he has going and works in his favor is that he's not afraid of the titans, and by the looks of it that's the sole reason he's able to take on the dumb-classed titans and everyone else is failing miserably.

Mikasa has barely shown us anything. She killed an abnormal retarded titan, props to her.

I'm basing this of what the anime has shown us. You can probably prove me wrong, as you're a manga reader, but that's not relevant.

6. Santi Super Moderator

Killing an abnormal, retarded titan is still about, 3x as much as any other trainee has shown.

7. Narutossss

what examples :geg your retarded logic of generic character in a different scenario equal an unique character :facepalm or his revenge vendetta or lol he killed a bunch of adults when he was a kid, I already adressed all of these and again I'm seeing no follow ups at all. Yet again your dodging cause clearly you can't defend your baseless statement of eren being unique.

8. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

He managed to stay upright on those ropes with faulty equipment for a short while. That's more than anyone else (except maybe Mikasa) could say they're capable of. That's certainly a sign of talent. And he also came at the top of the class in hand-to-hand combat following Mikasa and Annie iirc.

Eren being reckless as hell doesn't mean he's incapable or has no talent. He has the skills, which he demonstrated during training, but his hotheadedness hinders his ability to use them to their full extent.

9. The World

It's like riffraff wasn't even paying attention

10. Riffraff

Standing upright on ropes doesn't prove that he has any fighting capabilities at all. Only that he's able to balance himself. We've seen the majority of soldiers being able to control their equipment fine. The requirements to make use of the 3D equipment was a strong body, legwork, perception and mental strength. All the soldiers has these abilities already since they're required to use the 3D equipment. Eren is not a special case.

How do you know that no one could stand upright on the ropes with faulty equipment? I wasn't aware this was shown in the anime. Good job pulling information out of nowhere and not paying any attention to the disclosed information.

Hand to hand combat against humans is of no use against Titans, and as such didn't factor into score. He was placed fifth overall? Didn't see any hand to hand rankings.

Being reckless clouds his judgement and places his teammates in an unfavorable situation. I would call this being bad and not particularly talented. He barely demonstrated anything during his training, no clue what you're on about. It's also noted after his training that he lacked any outstanding talent. And he improved based on diligence, not skill.

If you pay attention right before they're describing Eren, he remarks that he STILL didn't cut deep enough. Proof that he isn't exceptionally good nor talented in combat, even after years of training.

I guess I'll have to commend you for making baseless assumptions.

Yep, I'm sorry. I sure fell for that one. Superman.

Last edited: May 15, 2013
  11. Shaz

Well at least he had the balls to try fight the colossal titan

12. Roman

Flag:
    United States
    Catdank Faction:

You're forgetting the vital detail that he ranked fifth among the new recruits.

Well, I won't get into manga details, but it was pretty much heavily implied even in the anime that it was an exceptional feat for Eren to balance himself on faulty equipment given the reactions of the trainees and even the trainer. So yes, Eren is somewhat of a special case in this instance.

Also note that those two senior officers looking over their training from a distance explained the new recruits were generally very talented given how they were able to balance themselves on the ropes relatively easily as you said. This further implies it's not as easy as it looks.

You're also forgetting the vital detail that he ranked fifth among the new recruits.

It's understandable that it's not useful for Eren or any other recruit to have CQC on hand when fighting titans, but I'm bringing it up to show that he's not untalented as you're making him out to be.

Also, CQC will have some value for Eren. Wait for it.

You're also forgetting the vital detail that he ranked fifth among the new recruits.

Recklessness is a trait. It's not something that you make up for with talent in most cases. There are people who are talented strategists because they're incredibly patient and calculating. There are people who are not talented strategists because they tend to act on impulse, emotion and gut feelings. So yes, if you're talking about strategic thinking, Eren is clearly lacking given it was absolute insanity for him to take on the colossal titan alone.

But he took on the colossal titan alone and lived to tell the tale without even getting harmed. Sure, the titan vanished not long after they fought, but not many would've gotten away with it without injuries. I'd wager even the elite recon squad members would've deemed that a colossal feat, but that's a simple theory and nothing more. You are right that he's not exceptionally talented but makes up for it with his diligence. I'm not saying he's the creme of the crop when it comes to inherent skill. That's more Mikasa's area of expertise, but even with hard work, not many would've been able to face off the colossal titan by themselves and get away with it.

Oh, and you're also forgetting the vital detail that he ranked fifth among the new recruits.

13. Inuhanyou

getting top 10 out of the entire class is no meaningless feat. the 104th has many many more trainees than the top 10. these 10 are talented enough to be able to choose where they want to go and eren is in the top 5 of these top 10. hes very talented.

14. Riffraff

Haha, wow. Was that intentionally? Good job nonetheless.

15. Big Boss

More shocking than Kamina imo, Simon was already one of two protagonists.