1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Episode formats?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by The Fourth Hokage, Oct 17, 2006.

1. The Fourth Hokage

Does anyone have any clue as to whether or not Dattebayo will be formatting their episode subs in DIVX? I know this is an odd question but I prefer to watch it on my TV and the DVD player only picks up DIVX.

Tags:
  2. Lock Ree

Well, they are DIVX encoded videos, but the container is just AVI. So it shouldn't make a difference.

3. KittyB

If you want to want the episodes on your DVD player, you probably have to convert them from AVI to DVD format.

This might help: WinAVI Video Converter

Have fun!

4. Lock Ree

No. His DVD player is one of those DIVX compatible ones. All he needs to do is burn a CD/DVD with the files on them.

5. Captain Gir

just use nero to burn dvd format movies...i do that all the time when i download heroes...it comes in a AVI format and i just use Nero to burn it onto a DVD wit menues and such and after it burnes it can play on any dvd player

6. Konoha

if it dosen't work with ya the Divx on your DVD only download winavi and convert the file into Mpeg it will work :)

7. Captain Gir

last i checked its AVI that DB release subs in

8. Konoha

guys it's only the decoder to gives high quality and smaller size :)

9. The Fourth Hokage

thanks guys. Divx encoded files play on my dvd player if I burn them (as a file) onto a cd. One of the latest DB releases actually had a Divx icon in the corner so I got excited. My version of Nero tried to get me to buy an upgrade to convert files to DVD format. I'll try the WINAVI converter, but the trial will have to do (I don't believe in paying for software, lol)

10. Captain Gir

:laugh :laugh me either...if the cops or fbi or somebody came and searched my computer, i could get sued by at least 5 companies...and thats not including limewire, i could get sued by all the companies i stole music from lol

11. K-weave

Heh, that's the convertor that come with it, I need to use that any time I want a video on my player, but it uses an different interface from Gmini, I'll try using Virtualdub by it self then.

12. Wilykat

VirtualDub is free and can be found at various free software sites. I've used it for a number of years without any problem. I'd also suggest trying for any help and guides on making the video so they work in DIVX/DVD players.

Failing that you can get a free version of TMPGEnc and convert the video to MPG1 and burn them as VCD (about 3 per CD-R or with standard VCD resolution and with 48KHz audio, as many as 15 on single layer DVD+/-R)

Yes extra work on converting video but MPG1 usually plays on most DVD players and MPG1 is still free to use (unlike MPG2 which requires paid license to use)