1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Escanor VS Ten Commandments

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Nataly, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Nataly Goddess

Escanor can easily defeat the Commandments separately or in groups, but can he win over all of them in one fight?

Tags:
  2. savior2005 Well-Known Member

3. Nataly Goddess

Daytime, of course, when Escanor is the strongest

4. savior2005 Well-Known Member

If it's noon, he can win during that 1 minute.
    Any other time, and he would probably lose, given how strong Zeldris now seems to be. I think Zeldris in his peak will be stronger than Escanor except his "the one" form.

5. Nataly Goddess

I think at noon he might be able to defeat all of them. He defeats Mael/Estarossa, Galand, Melascula, for sure. And if I am correct about it, Escanor's true power hasn't been revealed yet.

6. redrum

peak pre the one escanor bodies everyone besides zeldris

the one escanor bodies them all obviously

his highest shown power level is 114k which is right before it hits noon

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  7. Dr. White Hail Satan

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    It depends on the time like stated before. Estarossa was capable of going toe to toe with Escanor for a bit. Had Escanor's power not kept growing, he would have lost after the first cruel sun as Estarossa would have nullified sunshine with darkness and full countered him to death.

My guess is that Zeldris could do that by his lonesome and to a much greater degree given his pedigree.

The commandments should always have a shot given it's not like a couple minutes until noon. Greylord with sensory/spatial trapping is also very dangerous and he can snipe from the back, Monspiet taking Rhitta, possibility for Indura transformations, etc.

Beating the 10C at once is actually a pretty tough task.

8. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

I'll answer after I see what Zeldris is about to do against Ludociel.

But not counting him, Escanor can't solo. Mel was able to fair so well because he already knew all about each of their powers and movesets. Escanor would be fucked against soulrip, Grayroad's hax, Derieri's combos, etc.

And without knowledge, he'd accidentally kill someone and die himself.

9. Dr. White Hail Satan

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    I'm pretty sure Graces grant immunity to commandments.

Also they can soul rip Esca but they would have to bfr the soul or something, as none of them can take the sunshine grace in their body without wavering.

10. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

But they still have Five Lost, the chains, Full Counter, Derieri's combos, and right, soulrip. It's too much for him at once if he doesn't have knowledge.

They also don't really need to do anything with his soul. Once its out he's as good as dead anyway.

11. Daio Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter what time it is, he's not soloing the Commandments. Grayroad's Commandment is a bitch.

12. Whitebeard

He'd beat them in a gauntlet but all at the same time is a bit too much

13. Rai Comfy Kitten

The One one-shot all 10C at the same time :cat

14. sabre320 Well-Known Member

If its the one he oneshots all the rest in a blitz outside of zeldris the sheer gap between assault mode meliodas and the rest is massive like he could stomp the otther 9 and the one oneshotted this meliodas in one slap.....zeldris is a wild card so i cant comment right now.

• List
  15. goombanthime well-known member

Canada
    Greyroad commandment kills him

• List
  16. TragicDeath Active Member

Zeldris takes down Escanor any given time of the day.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  17. redrum

iirc, wasn't it said that anyone with a grace is immune to the effects of a commandment?

18. goombanthime well-known member

Canada
    But it makes him standing up to Estrarossa commandment not nearly as badass.

19. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

20. redrum

sadly this is true :blobcry

21. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

The One is tanking all of that or blitzing before any of that can be done.

The One fodderized AM Meliodas not with a punch, or kick, but a simple chop slicing his body. About as casual as you can get without it being a finger flick or sneeze.

I don't think magic spells/curses like Five Lost would be able to penetrate The One's fiery sun-like aura, and same with soulrip.

22. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

He's still just a human with no shown resistance to soulrip. Especially the kind of advanced soupripping that Mela can dish out. His aura or whatever might be good for regular attacks, but it's different for hax.

Derieri's Combo Star was fucking up Mael who was high on commandments, putting him above The One. So if given the opportunity to get her combo that high(like with the help of Five Lost), she can kill him or at least seriously wreck his shit.

23. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Eh... if a Grace gave no resistance to something as basic as soulrip but complete resistance to hax reality warping commandments that'd be kind stupid.

LOL what? Cusack or Chandler shit on 4c Mael. We saw them having much higher PLs than the highest PL multiple commandment Mael was shown to have.

And The One is either going to compete with or stomp Ominous Nebula Zeldris next chapter, something Chandler or Cusack would have no chance of doing.

24. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

We saw before when Mela casually pushed out his soul. He has no resistance.

I wouldn't be so sure about that one. This fight seems like Zeldris' long-awaited feat fest. Nakaba might plan on using the team just to hype him up, and by extension later hype the upcoming Mel.

So far he isn't even trying and his kicking all their asses.

25. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Escanor was completely off guard and heck he didn't even know Sunshine was a grace back then.

Merlin magically "remembered" she has a natural resistance to commandments and completely undid Galan's petrification when logic dictates she shouldn't have been affected by it to begin with.

I would also think as Sunshine's power grows closer to noontime so would its resistance. He could go from his soul bursting out of his opponent's body from it never leaving his body to begin with.

The One Escanor easily walked despite the gravitational pull of Ominous Nebula and Zeldris called him a monster for being able to do that. He's not getting washed by Zeldris. I fully expect Zeldris to go down to The One Escanor alone.

26. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

On guard or not shouldn't matter. The resistance should be passive.

But that isn't the same as soulrip resistance.

Maybe, but until feats say otherwise we just have to go with what's shown, that he's fucked by soulrip

Even if he had resistance, so did Mel. Mela has an advanced version for such peoples.

Which could mean that he's finally acknowledging him as a threat. You have to keep in mind that Zeldris has only begun to put in real effort, and he still has immunity to magic.

27. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

60,000 PL Escanor's soulrip resistance =/= 200,000 + PL The One Escanor's soulrip resistance

Ludociel with 200,000 PL was completely pulled in by Ominous Nebula but The One Escanor walked in the middle of that shit easily.

I really have trouble believing simple or advanced soulrip from Mera can affect someone who can oneshot AM Mel. The One's soulrip resistance should be greater than AM Meliodas's own considering the humongous gap between them.

Merlin hyped The One as the incarnation of power. I'm not seeing Zeldris pushing him higher than mid-diff.

28. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

I don't understand why you're trying to give him a hax resistance based on his PL. This isn't the OBD, he can't just power out of the ability.

-Mel was far stronger than Grayroad but was still bound by her chains.
    -DK and SD were both duped by OGowther.
    -Galan was duped by pre-Heart Gowther

In this series it doesn't matter the PL. Hax is dominate without a shown resistance.

As for Zeldris vs. The One, it'd be pretty disappointing in my opinion for The One to clean sweep. That'd make things too easy. Who would be left for them to fight? Can't be the Masters as they're weaker than Zeldris.

I'd rather Zeldris beats them, but then awakened Mel stops him from killing them. Or some other intervention. But Escanor winning all the time is too obvious. Ultimately though we'll just have to wait till next week.

29. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Because he showed hax resistance even with just his 60k power level. His soul bursting out of Merascylla is a form of hax resistance.

Soulrip hax is just so ubiquitous in NNT (a basic demon ability even Red Demons have) that it doesn't seem as powerful as other hax.

5c AM Meliodas. Especially if Meliodas uses his original power that cut off DK's arm with it being able to do that with it just being used by his emotion self and not his body.

Meliodas's original power has more hype than Zeldris's.

Zeldris challenging The One Escanor in any way would bring huge tension considering how short the time limit for The One is. He could even potentially beat him despite being weaker just by lasting longer.

Or maybe Esca beats Zel with one or two seconds to spare.

30. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Not true. Had she left the soul alone, he would've lost right there. What fucked her up is trying to eat a soul with such strong heat energy to it. So if anything it speaks to the level a person has to be at to safely consume/absorb his soul. But he himself is very much so vulnerable.

It's common, but is still very useful. It's never failed to rip anyone's soul out iirc.

When Mel wakes up, he should have his emotions again. Meaning he won't be evil anymore. So I'm expecting him to break up the fight since by that point no one will be against him but Ludo.

If we're gonna get a big baddie during this battle, it has to be Zel at full power.

Don't get me wrong, I'm all for their batlle regardless of who wins. It just wouldn't be good writing to me for Zel to get oneshotted like Mel did.[/QUOTE]