1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Escanors one state activation

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by sabre320, Nov 6, 2018.

1. sabre320 Well-Known Member

Im confused about escanors one state activation this chapter. I dont think it was alluded it was close to noon, also chandler was there to cancel sunshine, i have a feeling emotions or merlin had something to do with it. Also i was surprised even non one escanor could seriously hurt cusack and chandler with just his unconcentrated rage attack while tanking zeldriss attacks....meaning even without the one he is now capable of taking on am meliodas level characters.

Second how undwerwhelming is ludo when even without the one escanor is outperforming him and his 210k ass and his grace is basically flash from pokemon...

Tags:
  2. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

I was thinking the same thing in regards to The One activation. Going by context it sounds like it was his burning desire to protect Merlin that allowed him to enter that state, similar to how he used pseudo-Sunshine against Gowther. Merlin is his source of strength.

As for Ludo, you have to keep in mind tbat he's still using a human vessel. So he's going to be weaker in that form as apposed to using his own body.

3. Whitebeard

I agree that this The One transformation was triggered by Merlin. It's what I somewhat expected to happen if Chandler's True Night reverted Escanor back to his frail form in this fight.

I'd also say that Ominous Nebula is a perfect counter against Ludociel because it basically shuts down his forte completely: speed. And like Lord Valgaav said, Ludociel isn't at his full power because of his human vessel.

4. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

And if I'm right, and this is just a pseudo-transformation, then he won't be as powerful the true The One.

5. Dayscanor The One

He told Merlin just one minute, meaning he needed a minute to reach noon. That is all. Merlin has nothing to do with it, he simply reached his normal peak which happens at noon, hence the mention of "a minute".

This thread is unnecessary.

6. TragicDeath Active Member

Pseudotransformation you guys have to be kidding right. So a pseudotransformation, the one, is walking smoothly counterflowing ominous nebula!?! Are you guys seriously belittling ominous neb, jesus. Yes he could do psuedo like he did against glox and drole but it was just like a split of a second on a subpar PL. The One on the other hand is the epitome of power so there is only one mode cannot be copied or anything. Its obviously 12nn because it was said to wait a little more therefore it buys time.

7. Dr. White Hail Satan

Germany
    Catdank Faction:
    No? I'm not saying this interpretation is wrong neccessarily, but from the context it could just as easily be him knowing he was going to enter the one (for whatever reason be it close to noon, or cause of Merlin), and telling her that he would just need a minute (from when he enters the One which appears to just happen as he goes to zeldris). to finish things up.

Also we've pretty much always seen Escanor take drastic changes as he increases to the one. He didn't go through anything similar this time, and instead went from noonish straight to the one.

What's weird is that they are already inside of a ball of darkness so dense that Ludo was the only reason they could enter. Given chandler made a huge AOE darkness cloud around the atmosphere, I would think his density would be much lower than the current ball they are in, so it's a wonder how Escanor was even buff at fight start in the first place, let alone responding to noon with the one.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  8. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Staff

I read it as "just hold on for a minute while I fuck this midget up in The One", rather than waiting FOR The One.
    I mean I agree that this is just a convenient high noon here, but y'know.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  9. Sixth Ranger Quantum Power!!

Imagine if Merlin’s infinity could affect other people’s abilities like say Escanor’s The One

10. Dayscanor The One

That would just break the manga. :ohlord

Not that I'm completely against it, but sometimes you gotta wonder if Nakaba really knows how to write abilities, it feels like he doesn't use them to their full potential.

11. Dayscanor The One

That works too. :LOS

12. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

There's a good chance that I think she doesn't do it because of how taxing the state is. For Escanor, one minute is already taxing to his body, and it's still a miracle that he hasn't suffered worse from the effects of the Grace.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  13. Roadagain Goat's Sin of Lust Retired Staff

I'd go with the idea that spell and abilities are entirely separate mechanics.

14. TragicDeath Active Member

This is a good topic to discuss to clear some thoughts of this possibility. Most are suggesting if Merlin were have the ability to use her infinity to Escanor's one mode it would certainly destroy his human body because of the emmense power at his peak. Well certainly that would be a misunderstanding because infinity makes everything constant power at the same time its body. Therefore overall it is pretty much constant. So if Merlin were to use infinity everything on that moment would be constant so Escanors body wouldnt be burned because it is in the infinite time that remain constant. To grasp what Im trying to say is imagine you count from 1 to 10 then infinity starts at 5 therefore 6,7,8,9 would be replaced by 5. So whatever happens in 5 will remain the same moving forward to 10. Thats the simplest way to explain it.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  15. Escageta Well-Known Member

That would break Escanor before the Manga.

16. Dayscanor The One

Definitely and I feel that it's also why he can't enter it at whim. I very much doubt that all these years he entered The One, and I believe Merlin gave him those glasses for that purpose. Entering The One everyday would just kill him, hence the glasses that stop him from transforming altogether.
    I don't think his pre noon state is an issue, but rather his peak itself.

17. Architect of the Works of Beauty

18. Architect of the Works of Beauty

I wonder why didn't he cast true night from the beginning and thus rekt Escanor?

19. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

20. Keishin Well-Known Member

Because Chandler didn't make a ball of darkness, he created true night during which demons are stronger than during day.

As you can see, the stars and moon kind of mean that he was moving the moon with him to create the true night (only way to affect escanor).

21. Darkmatter Lion's Sin of Pride

It's more like he brought the night with him actually.

22. TragicDeath Active Member

Wrong. Are you kidding me dont make up stories. He didnt put the moon, never was it mentioned. The only thing he did was about the stars pouring it down. He brought up true night and that was it.

23. Mythoclast Hyper Lethal

Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    True night's description contradicts it's visual effects.