1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

ET Counters

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by BlackHeartedImp, Mar 15, 2019.

1. BlackHeartedImp Azul Bae

Who in the manga is best suited for fighting and subduing Edo's? Name everyone you can think of, barring god tiers of course. Assume the fight takes place in the sannin deadlock field (since it's such a popular location as of late).

Tags:
  2. wooly Eullerex BTW, Izanagi is a ninjutsu; chidori is a nin-taijutsu

Flag:
    Belgium
    everyone

the only difference between E.T. & fighting the alive version is sealing

then sealing is purely about narrative(nevermind e.t. being the gross plot device to induce it) as when the war happened there were entire sealing teams as well as individual fodder like sai who were written into it

and further, once u start talking about stamina & regeneration, u've lost the context at that point - it was a war. wars have attrition - kabuots army was outnumbered & ''needed''(meh :unconcerned ::mmaybe) those perks

Last edited: Mar 15, 2019
  3. oiety greatredragon

Flag:
    Sweden
    Catdank Faction:
    My boy Gaara with his great combo of offense and defense and on-hand sealing abilities.

Onoki with his rock clones and golems for distraction, Jinton as a finisher, and Kajugan to make the edo immobile.

Pain assuming his black rods work anything like Madara's did when he used them on Tobirama.

Minato who should probably have a Fuinjutsu that doesn't cost him in his life in his arsenal.

Kushina who on her deathbed bitched Kyubi should be able to pin down any edo that's below a tailed beast in physical strength. Not sure about the permanent sealing, though.

Itachi of course-totsuka for a finisher and genjutsu to make an opening for it.

Obitos/Kakashis of all(well, most) kinds-send them to boxland free of charge.

4. Silnaem This Time is not Ours to save

Overall, I'd have to go with Ino since she can actually take advantage of them
    Chakra absorbers should also have a field day in a 1-v-1 scenario

Weakest I can think of, otherwise, would be Sai, with his specific abilities that deal with them.

Hmm, I should put him higher on my TL

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. The_Conqueror Well-Known Member

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Poland

May be high tier genjutsu users but again infinit tsukyomi didnot work

6. Android I don't take you seriously.

Itachi.

Rinnegan users.

Kamui users.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  7. WorldsStrongest Genius, Billionaire, Playboy, Philanthropist

Flag:
    Canada

Rinnegan Users (Gedo rods, CT, Ningendo, BFR if youre Kaguya or Sasuke)

Rikudo Naruto (Shukaku seal, TSB regen negation)

JJs (TSB regen negation, Rinnegan hax if applicable)

Tenseigan users (TSB)

Itachi (Totsuka, Ama contests regen)

EMS Sasuke (Enton/Ama contests Regen and keeps the edo incapped as shown with Nagato)

Hashirama (Deity Gates, Mokuryu)

Gaara (Sand seals)

Killer Bee (Ink Seal)

Minato (asspull seal, contract seal)

Kakashi/Obito (BFR)

8. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

Flag:
    United States
    Nagato - Rinnegan rods or maybe Spirit Dragons?
    Rikudou Sage Mode Naruto - Truth Seeker rods
    Obito/Kakashi - Boxland
    Itachi - Totsuka Blade
    Delta - Whatever the hell you call her Superman eye lasers that neg regen

9. Speedyamell Lions don't lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

There is a general misconception where Edo is seen as the end all be all.. which is why "Oro w/edo" is usually ranked separate from his normal self, or why restricting Edo for him is seen as necessary.. which is not the case at all..

The sannin were still called a deadlock, and jiraiya was still orochimaru's stated equal even with Oro having the Edo jutsu

Unless his edo's are already out and fully under his control, there is no certified win for him as oro first has to summon the Edo, which super fast shinobi can stop him from doing.
    Even after they are summoned, we saw from fighting hiruzen that attacking the coffin before the Edo are awoken causes it to de-summon..
    And even after that, Oro has to place a tag in their brain to ensure full control.. another step which can be interrupted.. turning his edo against him

10. kokodeshide The Dreaded Koko Has Arrived

BOY, This thread made me realize that if Danzo was in this war, he would be taking over edos left and right, making slaves to serve Konoha all day. He would start unwrapping sealed edos like birthday presents.

11. BlackHeartedImp Azul Bae

A lot of what you mentioned is part I and was retconned in the war. The fast shinobi point stands, but a lot of the weaknesses of ET from back then don't exist now.

Both Kabuto and Orochimaru can bind their targets movements and even erase their personalities from afar as of the war. No kunai implantation needed for full control. It's only ever if the Edo is ridiculously strong like Hashirama or Madara that they may need to use the kunai.

And the Hiruzen point is also moot. Hiruzen was just patting himself on the back, we know that Minato was in that coffin and that he was sealed in the reaper, it wouldn't have worked anyway since his soul was trapped. It's why Orochimaru had to go out of his way to find the place in the 1st video, all 4 of the hokage were sealed and that was the only way to recall them.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  12. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Flag:
    Canada
    It's not really a retcon. Part 1 Edo's are still a thing, it's just that the war edo's were made with zetsu bodies (ie:Hashirama's cells) making the binding much more potent but also being useless on Hashirama as he was edo'd into his own body.

13. BlackHeartedImp Azul Bae

Specifically Oro's, anyway. Kabuto's Edo's were made the same way they were in part I but he still has better control of them and can erase their personalities on a whim, which leads me to believe Oro can do the same if he so chose, seeing as how he not only took his power back from Kabuto, but all of his Intel as well (it's how they snuffed out the Zetsu clones on Sasuke's body).

14. ShinAkuma Fanboy Destroyer

Flag:
    Canada

Everything you are saying is true in regards to the technique however the technique itself has simply been improved from part 1. Retcons are not necessary.

15. BlackHeartedImp Azul Bae

:hidari fine Shin, I won't call it a retcon.

16. Bonly Flame Alchemist

Flag:
    Egypt

Rinnegan users thanks to Human path and the Gedo and rods to pin someone down