1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Evidence, Neji is powerful PTS...

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by The Fourth Hokage, Oct 26, 2006.

1. The Fourth Hokage

It seems to be a common occurrence here that people underestimate Neji's power. Well I'll try to provide a simple argument showing that he is in fact quite powerful. First, he graduated as the number one gennin from the academy, also regarded as a genius and the most talented Hyuuga. That's all pre-timeskip.

Post timeskip Neji and his squad are trapped in water prisons by Kisame. Kakashi was also trapped in one pre-timeskip by Zabuza. Kakashi couldn't break out of it. It took Naruto and Sasuke to get Zabuza to release it. Kisame is also, undoubtedly much stronger than Zabuza (refers to him as a weakling). Also Kisame's jutsu seemed to be drowning them. Clearly Kisame's jutsu was stronger than Zabuza's.

Neji broke out of Kisame's jutsu. That shows evidence that Neji is stronger than Kakashi was against Zabuza. Kakashi was one of the strongest Jounin in the village then, so it's safe to admit that Neji is also one of the strongest Jounin in the village now. Just evidence, not a proof...yet

Tags:
  2. SaiST Retired Staff

Who's underestimating Neji now?

Through mastery of Jyuuken Taijutsu, the Hyuuga gain the ability to expel chakra from every tenketsu on their body. That's what Neji did to break free from Kisame's Water Prison.

That doesn't necessarily mean that Neji is anywhere close to even Part 1 Kakashi's strength, he just has a unique ability that allowed him to deal with that particular technique. He did it to break free from Kidoumaru's web in Part 1, he sure as hell wasn't capable of competing with Kakashi then.

3. superflyninjaguy

first off neji breaking out of the water prison is in no way evidence that he's stronger that kakashi. its just sumthin his jyuken allows him to do just like the chakra webs of the four arm oro guard. noone else but a hyuuga member could do that but that doesnt mean that since hinata could prob do it too that shes stronger than ne1 in the series. now granted neji is uber strong, he's not one of the strongest in the village. he's about mid jounin lv.

lol sai beat me to it.

4. juUnior

I think that Neji is mean to be as strong as Kakashi in part 1, for me its possible, and porbably it is. From part 2 maybe slightly less becuase of Kakashis version of MS ^^

5. ♠Mr.Nibbles♠

i'm a big neji fan but i don't think that he reached kakashi's level yet sad to say:(

Probably as the story progress neji would catch up but not surpass. Kakashi is portrayed as a really strong character and crucial to the series. Neji is just an awesome secondary character.

6. Futagokage

Neji is really powerful, he may even be at kakashi level, pre-time skip of course, sadly, as a support character, he will never get to the true major league, which is a waste.

7. Genesis

He's the storongest for sure but i don't think he's at the level of Kakashi yet.

8. PradaBrada

though seriously I don't see it as such a surprise if Neji is about the same lvl as Kakashi preskip, it's possible

9. The Fourth Hokage

the point of this is that Neji is on if not above Kakashi's level from the wave arc. I don't see what Neji's specific abilities have to play in this. It's simple, Kakashi couldn't escape and Neji did. Furthermore, the prison Neji escaped from was a more powerful one than the one Zabuza used.

10. ycavan

Nobody is saying the Neji is weak... everyone is pointing out that Neji used his bloodline to break out of the prison, so it's not a good indicator of "strength" compared to Kakashi.

11. Spanish Hoffkage

Hyuugas are most likely the only ones who can escape water prison that way.

But I guess others can do some stuff to scape. If don't that jutsu is godly. :S

12. lunarwolf

Who said Neji is weak??? But stronger than Kakashi hes not...just cuse u escape 1 jutsu it doesnt mean ur stronger than other.

With hes sharingan kakashi can escape many sitoutions Neji and hes bloodline cant...

But Neji is stronger than most ninja's hes age and below in the Village...

If you want to say hes the strongest hes age its not true...The stronget Leaf Village Born at age 15-16 is Sasuke...even if he did leave leaf village.

13. Yulwei

I'd have to agree with the crowd here Neji's far from weak but he isn't Kakashi

14. DeepThought

16. opie

kakashi managed to kill zabuza, while neji couldn't kill kisame. doesn't that mean that kakashi > neji ?

you shouldn't compare the two like this.

17. PradaBrada

Neji hasn't awakened the GB yet, besides Bijuu level Gai was there and wtfpwned Kisame

18. AuxunauxiaNoname

The way I figure... each character from the younger generation in Konoha has essentially one or two 'bench-marks' in other characters.

The younger generation is supposed to become stronger than the previous generation. (It's an asian thing)

Just for example.

Naruto - Sandaime, Yondaime
    Sasuke - Kakashi, Itachi
    Sakura - Ino, Tsunade

Lee - Gai
    Neji - Hiashi
    Tenten - Tsunade

Kiba - his sister, the head of his clan
    Shino - his father
    Hinata - Kurenai

Shikamaru - Asuma, his father
    Chouji - his father
    Ino - her father

... you get the point right?

So anywayz, if this is true, then Neji's 'destiny' if you will, is to surpass the head of the clan of the Main House... Hiashi.

So then, if Hiashi is stronger than Kakashi, then Neji will definitely surpass Kakashi at some point in time.

If Kakashi is stronger than Hiashi, then Neji might not surpass Kakashi at any point...

It's like that...

19. Butō Rengoob

neji is no where near kakashi's level...kakashi is a master of hundreds of jutsu....and has created one of the most powerful jutsu in the show...so neji may be close to pre-skip kakashi but not there quite yet.

20. the_ilest

wait a minute theres people that think neji is weak. you have to be retarded to think that and you have to be more retarded trying to prove that his strong.

21. ycavan

I gotta agree that Neji's "job" is to surpass Hiashi 'n I think Neji has already done so. Even in the Chuunin exam, Neji showed that a branch member ( even though his dad was Hiashi's twin ) could perfect the Hyuuga jutsu's without assistance. Prior to the skip, we see Hiashi training Neji... 2.5 years later, I would say that Neji has gone beyond Hiashi. If I recall, didn't Neji show us that he was able to fire off projectiles in that issue when they were fighting 30% Kisame? I remember that scene was a little jumbled...

Anywho, at the time that Kakashi fought Zabuza, Kakashi was already know around the world as "Copy Ninja Kakashi". Neji doesn't seem to be that well known yet.

22. Edgecrusher

Man, if Neji beat even a 30% Kisame, Neji >>>> Wave Arc Kakashi.

23. Canute87

Neji didn't beat kisame Gai did. Neji hit him with the vaccum palm and broke out of a water prison that a 30% clone of 60% kisame(he gave charkra to help extract shikaku) and you say he's greater than kakashi based off that.

24. The Fourth Hokage

yeah there are people saying that around this board. that's what made me make the post. I think we have to see more, but I thought this would be an effective comparison, but I guess most of you don't think so.

25. Edgecrusher

I know it was Guy. I was speaking hypothetically. Hence the 'IF', though I probably should have added 'could' to it.

26. Canute87

sorry bout that never saw the if .anyway 'could' could work.anyway wouldn't it be better if neji was compared to fighting himself. After he beat his clone his reaction was more of a "that was a total waste time" compared to his teammates

27. Sasori

well guy had to resort to one of his best moves to defeat a 30% kisame clone...guy is still stronger than neji...and i doubt zabuza was weaker than a 30% kisame clone...so technically, if neji couldn't beat a 30% kisame then i doubt he'd beat zabuza....and if kakashi defeated zabuza( not easily, but you have to admit zabuza's temper got in the way making it easier for kakashi) then there is no way neji's as strong as pre-skip kakashi.

29. mustang

What's your point? kakashi graduated at the age of five became a chunnin at six, and became a jounin at 13. This doesn't mean that Neji is stronger than pre-ship Kakashi.
    Brilliant, just brilliant. First of all Team Gai fought a 30% Kisame, Kakashi fought a full power Zabuzza. Secondly Neji, lee, and Tenten was owned by the water clones of Kisame, which is 10% of the user's ability. Let's see 30/10=3. Oh my god Neji broke out of a 3% Kisame, he must be stronger than Kakashi. Third of all Neji broke out because of a special ability that runs in his family, not because he is stronger than pre-skip kakashi. There is absolutely 0 evidence to say that Neji post-skip is stronger than Kakashi pre-skip. Don't get me wrong, I am not a Neji basher or anything, he have potential, but to say that post-skip Neji stronger thna pre-skip kakashi is pure bull with nothing to back it up.

30. Superb Herb

Finally a level headed fan on these forums.smile-big