1. Alley Writingcontest
    Vote for the entries of the Alley's Writing ContestHere!
    The deadline for critiques Ends at August 4th.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come enter in the Dragon Ball Drawing Contest!
    Deadline for entries is August 17 at 12 pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Forums Event Falling Autumn Event: Summer Love Story POLL

Discussion in 'The Konoha Times' started by Majin Lu, Sep 26, 2019.

Summer Love Story

Poll closed Sep 29, 2019.
  1. Story 1

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Story 2

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Story 3

45.5%
  4. Story 4

27.3%
  5. Story 5

9.1%
  6. Story 6

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Story 7

9.1%
  8. Story 8

9.1%
  9. Story 9

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Majin Lu Super Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil

Falling Autumn

Summer Love Story - Voting

• You cannot vote for yourself.
    • Do not tell anyone which entry is yours and do not ask for votes.
    • Members registered September 26 onward cannot vote.
    • 3 days poll.
    • If there are ties:
    the member who voted in an entry involved in the tie will get the prize;
    the member who participated in most poll tasks will get the prize;
    if the tie remains after that, all members involved will get the prize.​

Story 1

Autumn blues

F
    rosty like the cooling air
    A bleakness like the sight of trees made bare
    Lying amidst the fallen leaves, bereft of energy
    Love nothing more but a fading, summer memory

✧・゚: *✧・゚:* ✼  ҉  ✼  *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Story 2

Forgiving Autumn

I looked around the park. The leaves were swaying in the wind. Trees were a nice amber color. Every detail takes me back to my glory days. When we used to take nice walks in the leaf-strewn park. We would laugh and reflect on our lives. A pumpkin spice latte glued to one hand, the other was intertwined with your warm palm.

We could have grown older, helped one another, loved each other. If only you didn’t leave me. The cause of my hate for autumn was you. I can still feel the aching, burning, hurt in the pit of my stomach. No more watching the Charlie Brown Halloween special, no more making apple cider, and no more baking pumpkin pie.

Being the young, naïve, person I was I couldn’t believe it was the last of us. How cruel could mother autumn be? All I want to do is breakdown, but can I really be strong for you? Is there that possibility? I want to see you again so bad. I want to rake leaves with you, grow old with you, take a stroll in the nostalgic park with you, but I cannot.

You, my dear, are six feet under. Mother autumn didn’t want us to be happy. That’s why she took you away. She didn’t want us to craft fall décor, she didn’t want us to watch reruns of Halloween specials on the television, but most of all she didn’t want me loving you.

So, please tell me, am I out of my mind for hating a season. Completely loathing the idea that people enjoy this season. Have I truly gone off the deep end? To know my everything was taken from me, by their favorite season, nonetheless. Maybe, I am the insane one? Maybe, I am slowly killing myself? Maybe, I am making you unhappy? Maybe, just maybe, I can forgive autumn for you?

Story 3

Story 4

...And so the leaves fall around me in late Autumn, as I'm sitting on this park bench remembering the good times. It is a beautiful day, with a clear sky, but the temperature has brought a slight chill to the back of my neck. I pull my scarf up and take a sip of my tea, watching my breath as I exhale. The bright colours of the leaves are vibrant and dazzling shades of red and orange, just like your fiery auburn hair was when shined on by the sun. The pond is still, and only a few ducks remain from migrating to find warm weather. I wish I could go, but I don't want to leave this place.

I watch as parents are walking their children to school, dogs are being walked by their owners, and there are some joggers out wearing beanies with red noses and cheeks. I turn and look at our special little guy, the rescue dog we got together, who is snuggled up next to my legs having a drink of water. It wasn't so long ago you would turn and smile at me, pointing out the silly tucked lip our dog got whilst drinking and laughing at him, before giving him a cuddle. You always told me the future was ours, and that we'd move away to the country side, away from the hectic lights and sounds of the city. It had become a running joke for us, as we botth knew we couldn't leave this place. It was "our home". Our home...

I remember aspects of that day in early Summer so vividly. The weird feeling I experienced when spending time with our friends at lunch, the phone call with panicked voices, the sudden dizziness as I ran to the car. I don't remember the car journey, it's a blur. The next thing I remember was holding your hand, running my hands through your hair, kissing your cheek as I cried and told you I loved you. You smiled at me, kissed my forehead and told me the future was mine. You whispered "I love you" as the noise in my ears became constant. No longer were you holding my hand. Your beautiful eyes closed. Silence. My sunshine gone.

It's been almost half a year, and I'm finally able to remember without the tears. I decided the future is truly mine, just like you said, and plan on doing what we always spoke about.

I will never forget you my love, and hope that I will meet you again in another life. Until then...

Story 5

Summer love

I like the sound you make when I bite you. No, I love the sound you make when I bite you. You always look so cool, so wrapped-up, when you're with all your buddies, but you melt when we're alone. I don't always wait until I can get you home, either - even though it's risky in my car, with the mess you might make when you fall apart. On summer days, you're a blessing to me. I don't see you as much in winter - sorry, sweetie, but I promise I'm still thinking of you. I'd say you know who you are, but... you don't. You're an ice-cream. You don't know a damn thing. (Love you anyway, sweetie.)

Story 6

I had such a great time with you this summer, but all good things must come to an end. As you know I'm returning to work and I'll be busier and more tired than ever. Thank you for the memories..you turned a miserable summer into a memorable one! I'm going to miss you, but I'll be back next year, just like I promised, and I'll do my best to keep in touch. Sending all of my love!

Story 7

There's something special in the smell of the sea, the sound of the waves breaking on the beach, the taste of the ice cream – summer is the season where everything is better. And everything seems nicer and less complicated.
    Meeting someone is easy, and it seems like adventures come up around every corner. You can say they are fleeting, but isn't that the sweet thing about them?
    Thinking back of past summers, no matter how beautiful the destinations, or how popular the beaches, I always think about those sweet advantures and the people I met there first.
    Summer loves are perfect. They are long enough to warm your heart, and short enough so they won't hurt when they're over. They are short enough to stay perfect - without complications, fights and break-ups. Simply enjoying the moment we are living.

Now it's autumn, the leafes are falling, and it's raining. Each day is getting colder and I like to think back to those past, warm nice days. And while I'm sitting alone in the big cold city I try to remember the smeel of the sea, the sound of the breaking waves. Wondering where all my past advantures are right now. Thinking how I wish it were summer again, even for just one moment.

Story 8

Right now, the things we’re doing are real, even though both you and I could not enjoy this anymore. It’s with an understanding that both you and I carry on as we do, surely. The value of each and every day is the same- no matter what I did, to me, the value of today won’t change. That's why out of all the moments of my life, I am most excited right now because I am with you

Story 9

My summer love cloaks me from the sun,
    my summer love is the singer of my favourite band,
    my summer love is a lot of fun,
    my summer love is quite grand.

Tags:
  2. Majin Lu Super Moderator

Flag:
    Brazil
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.