1. cafecontest
    Voting is live in the Cafe Banner Contest!
    Poll closes on Sep 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM ET.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

family tree?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Pervhermit, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Pervhermit

question....Sarutobi is konohamaru's grandpa right? that means that sarutobi had children obviously, does anyone know who that child is/was? going by genetics, shouldn't his offspring perhaps be more powerfull than he is. sorry if this is covered in the manga, i fear i don't read that . Thanks for your time!

:ninja

Tags:
  2. ShounenSuki

We don't know who the Sandaime's son/daughter is. And going by genetics, it's not likely that his offspring will be stronger. the Sandaime had a lucky combination of genes and upbringing, making him what he was. The best Shinobi ever.

3. Lucratia

I was wondering about this as well. I was expecting Konohamaru's parents to be introduced later on; whether they're protagonists or even antagonists. You never know. Sarutobi could have taken his grandson away from them for being bad influences (I have a friend who's in this sort of situation).

4. ShounenSuki

Wasn't it said that the Sandaime chose Konohamaru's name? Maybe that means Konohamaru's parents are dead. Though it's not uncommon for a grandfather (and certainly not for such an important one) to choose his grandson's name, it's still odd.

5. Lucratia

Okay, I missed that fact. I don't recall reading that before. Anyway, with no mention of his parents in part 1, no use expecting them popping out after the time-skip.

Just so you know, my grand dad did pick my name which my parents accepted. No tradition tied to this though. Just that my parents couldn't think of anything better :wink

6. MetallicMan

yeah, that's true. a relative choosing a name for a newborn doesn't really mean that the parents are dead.

7. ShounenSuki

That's true, but the fact that we haven't even heard of his parents, we didn't even see them fight during the Konoha crash, does seem to point to them being dead.

8. MetallicMan

maybe they are members of akatsuki lol

9. ShounenSuki

Akatsuki just keeps getting bigger and bigger doesn't it ^_^

10. stormrunner

It depends, if he got a son/daugther with someone that wasn't as smart/strong as himself then the child would be weaker, but if his wife was on his lvl then the child should be stronger. As for who it is i don't know, but Asumas last name is sarutobi right? I don't know sandaimes last name, but he goes by the name sarutobi and as i know we havent gotten any info about if that is the last of first name.

11. ShounenSuki

Well, I think Asuma and the Sandaime are related. They look a lot alike, both in appearence (Hair, beard, nose) and actions (they both smoke ^_^). Besides, they share a name, I don't think Kishimoto would do that unless there's some connection between them.

12. Potentialflip

Yeah there is no mention of Konohamaru's parents. By the looks of it they are gone. Since he has a huge attachment to his grandfather. I mean wouldn't his parents be at the thirds funeral?! So I am sure they are either not in Konoha (unlikely, the only reason would be if they are in Akatsuki) or they are dead (hard to say where/when. It can't be when the Kyuubi attacked cause that would mean Konohamaru would not had been born.) Interesting topic. I wonder if one has done a theory of this topic already. If not I'll most likely think up of one.

13. Nathan

Yeah, Sandaime picked Konohamaru's name. Volume 1, second chapter after you meet Konohamaru. Konohamaru says "My grandpa gave me my name but everyone always calls me the Hokage's grandson" or something in between those lines (I read the french volumes that's why.)

Anyhow, if you see in Sandaime's flashbacks, you see him young and he looks exactly like Asuma :p Well almost... I think there cousins or something. And Asuma is the 3rd (or 5th) strongest character in Naruto going by the databook. So it makes sense that they are related.

Yeah, there hasn't been no mention of Konohamaru's parents yet... I doubt there dead..

My Theory
    I think that the Sandaime had a girl and she ended up becoming a housewife (like Sasuke's mother) and Konohamaru's father died maybe a little bit after he was born hence why we didn't see them fighting in the war, because the dad is dead and the mother is a stay-at-home wife and maybe only at Chuunin level...

14. ShounenSuki

Mikoto (Sasuke's mother) wasn't just a housewife. She was a jounin.

15. Nathan

Yes I know. But she was also a housewife and my theory was involving Konohamaru's mother being a housewife but not at a Jounin level but at a Chuunin and that's why she didn't participate in the war, I think.

16. ShounenSuki

But chuunin have to fight like all other ninja ^_^ Hana, Kiba's sister, fought alongside her mother and she's only a chuunin. Even genin were expected to fight.

17. Cholisose

If Konohamaru's parents are alive, that doesn't necessarily mean they are ninjas.
    I doubt they're alive though. Saratobi seemed to be that figure to Konohamaru, and no mention was made of Konohamaru's parents during the episodes with Konohamaru dealing with his grandfather's death.

18. stormrunner

I agree with you there dude, but i just take a more objective standpoint until (or if) we get proof

19. ShounenSuki

I'm convinced that the Sandaime and Konohamaru are related to Asuma.

On a side note. Who here thinks the Inuzuka might be related to the Shodai and Nidaime?

Shodai: Calm personality, long, smooth hair with a few bangs, older sibling.
    Nidaime: Brash personality, short spiky hair, younger sibling, wears a fur collar.

Hana: Calm personality, long, smooth hair with a few bangs, older sibling.
    Kiba: Brash personality, short spiky hair, younger sibling, wears a fur collar.

The Nidaime has red markings on his cheeks and chin.
    The Inuzuka have markings on their cheeks.

The Nidaime and the Inuzuka have similar eyes

Kishimoto had originaly planned the Sandaime to be the dog of the Nidaime.

So, maybe, the Inuzuka are descendants of, or related to, the Nidaime and the Shodai.

20. kreutzerlove

Konohamaru's dad is the leader

21. MetallicMan

YES!!! my thoughts exactly

22. 9TalesOfDestruction

now that you mention it, i don't remember ever seing sakura's parents either....even though they say she has some, and in one episode her mom spoke......

I think konohamaru was being raised by that tutor guy (i forget his name) the closet pervet that trained naruto for like a day before Jariayia took over..lol...

23. ShounenSuki

We never saw her parents before. I really wonder how they look....
    I don't think Konohamaru was raised only by Ebisu, 'that tutor guy', but he did train him for a long time, so he must have had a lot of influence on Konohamaru.

24. Nathan

Konohamaru might become a pervet with that influence! :amazed

25. ShounenSuki

Seeing that his other influences are Naruto and the Sandaime, and that they influenced/were influenced by Kakashi and Jiraiya, Konohamar will probably become even more perverted then Jiraiya (if that's possible)

26. Malthara

No Sarutobi Asuma = Sarutobi is his family name last name like inuzaka a clan name.
    Sarutobi-Sensei = Sandaime which that was his first name [honorifics are after first name in naruto, in reality it can be after either but naruto does it first name only] his family name is unknown. Nidaime called him saru = monkey as a pun of his first name and it'd be told if asuma was his dad man they are main characters.

27. ShounenSuki

This may be so, but it's rather odd that the names are the same. I'm not saying that the Sandaime is Asuma's father or something. All I'm saying is that I think they're related, and that opinion is based on more then their names alone.

28. shendaime

according to the manga asuma is the son of sandaime and he is konohamaru's uncle. i subscribe to the theory of konohamaru's dad is AL. and what is with everyone being in the inuzaka clan, i mean first they think rin is a inuzaka now the sandaime. just cause you got marks on your face you are an inuzaka?

29. Emo God

It was asuma?!?!? where did it say dat?

30. lo-blo

First of all, what's with the random bumpage? The last post before Shen dude was on 06-12-2005! X___X

Second, this is House of Uzumaki! Please spoiler-tag your post, Shen dude! You're really lucky I already knew that...