1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Fan Fiction: AKA The Devil's Genre

Discussion in 'Reader's Corner' started by Cardboard Tube Knight, Jul 18, 2018.

1. Cardboard Tube Knight Best Girl Peach

Fan fiction is how I first started writing and was one of the things that shaped my reading habits (this was 20+ years ago and the playing field was a lot different back then).

I stopped writing fan fiction in high school to focus on original stuff, but my love of certain fandoms never really died. So it wasn't really that hard for me to get back into writing it more recently, driven by Doctor Who and Harry Potter and Sherlock--all fandoms that see substantial posting rates.

So, I'm wondering if anyone here is writing or has written any fan fiction they're particularly proud of. Or if they just know of something that they need to recommend. Would love to hear any stories and experiences.

Tags:
  2. Seraphiel Nimu Nimu

3. Grim teh Reaper i'm super gay and not powerful Retired Staff

4. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  5. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

I really struggle to remember standout fanfics to rec off the top of my head tbh :catshivers

it's weird because I feel like I've read some but I can't just pluck them from thin air

oh well

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Cardboard Tube Knight Best Girl Peach

You must be the person to go to since two people independently tagged you in here.

7. Nighty the Mighty swm n outer space Advisor

• List
  8. Dream fallen prince Supporting Staff

Tell me what you’ve read so far and your general preferences along with series you like. I’ll start making a list of recs.

9. Ernel32.dll Smoother Than Breast Milk Moderator

I love fanfiction; it was one of the main ways in which I'd practice writing as a young teen. In fact, I have recently written some erotic fanfiction of some of my great friends here at narutoforums dot org, which I am very proud of, and surely brought a great amount of enjoyment to myself and my peers:

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  10. Cardboard Tube Knight Best Girl Peach

I have been reading mostly Zelda and Mario stuff, but I have always loved a good story about Sherlock or Doctor Who