1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Anime Awards for 2017 part 3 commences with genre awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice

Completed Fate/Extra: Last Encore by Shaft

Discussion in 'Akihabara TV Channel' started by Sabl├ęs, Mar 27, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Arcuya fast and bulbous

2. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

Yep..It's Fate meets Madoka meets Ammerican Mgee's Alice and i loved it. The mystery angle works much better in settings like this imo.
    The art and animation were :bury

3. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

I liked this episode more than the previous two

4. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

I love how we're at ep 6 and people still bitch about not understanding shit even though we get concrete bits of exposition every episode coupled with shit in the background that you can piece togheter...
    I guess that's why Fate/Cooking exists as an alternative...though i wouldn't be surprised if people bitched about that too cause Shirou doesn't explain the recipes in enough detail or some shit :gglife

5. Araragi loneliness is a wave Moderator

animation has been excellent yeh and I did like the PMM throwback in this episode. Only real disappointing thing so far for me has been the fights. Some of the dialogue/plot seemed dragging at times but the revelations/scenes at certain points keeps you invested enough which is typical of any series. Although even if we didn't have that, lewd nero every episode also helps.

6. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

chyuu are a week behind because they wait for the netflix source which doesn't have the light dimming
    apex said last week he's getting too busy to do subs and last week might be his last
    and no idea who or what fmfansubs are up to

8. Ryxus of the North Blue

10. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

11. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

I was planning on buying overpriced BDs for this one, but those assholes have to ruin that again I guess :ohlord

12. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

:drake
    " We hope that the fans of the Extra video game will enjoy this"
    Yeah..not like this.

13. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

14. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

No...it was retarded. It's probably gonna be even more retarded when they explain how... if they bother to anyway.

15. Arcuya fast and bulbous

netflix have the rights and that's why we're not getting crunchy subs, but it's also on tv hence why if u dont watch chyuu's release you see the dimming shit when flashy lights happen

and they are selling BDs, the preorder numbers for extra aren't doing that well either funnily enough

16. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

L/E being a flop is not at all surprising for me. It has too many things going against it, fuck' sake it even managed to piss old fans of Extra off... .
    I blame Sakurai.

17. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

18. Arcuya fast and bulbous

you mean to tell me you were gonna buy BDs to actually use them and not just for collection

19. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

I actually like watching them when I have time and motivation to rewatch something :zaru

I subjectively feel like an actual BD is notably better than any rip you can torrent

the nip BDs are just way too expensive even without customs and shipping

20. Drake WORK MAKES YOU FREE

The more I watch this, the more the weird style of the show appeals to me... The fight was pretty bad again, but everything else was fairly interesting. RIP another Fate loli. Don't really understand why Rin is using Gay Bulge though.

Also I don't mind the MC now. At first I thought he was the standard boring MC that Japan is so fond of, but now that I've watched a bit more of the series, his blandness actually makes sense because he doesn't really know what he is fighting for. I also like how though he is apparently consumed by hatred, he maintains a quiet and calm facade most of the time. Only issues I have with the series so far are the fights as stated earlier, and that I kind of wish they focused more on Nero. She is literally the entire opening of the show, and yet she seems more like a background character.

21. Ryxus of the North Blue

I gotta admit this one's growing on me, I'm getting curious where this all will lead.
    Also best Saber here.

Any of you guys still watching? Would love to hear some of your opinions.

22. Ignition Matara Dukkah

It was a bit difficult to follow at times but I didn't dislike it.

23. luffy no haki 1st Seat

Its fine, not the best fate adaptation and while i would have liked they to follow the original story of the game, i dont dislike it.

Its hard to follow some stuff with Rin and Rani appearing and disappearing and then going with Hakuno and Saber like its no big deal under these circumstances tho.

24. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

I'm still watching but idk...it's above average at best. The animation,asthetycs and soundtrack are great. I also like how the show is structured like a puzzle where in every episode some pieces of the puzzle fall into their rightfull place via explanations and exposition and at the same time we get some pieces that we have to figure out where they go via subtle details in the animation. This is what the show does well. Sadly, it also does some things wrong.
    First things first..that fights suck. 0 effort put into them. It's either Nero one-shotting someone or Nero getting one shot after 20 seconds battles.
    The pacing is also kinda bad..it stands in place too much in some places and dialogues but at the same time they felt the need to completely skip a floor and "bullshitingly" write it off as "lel ...that floor was ez".
    Character development is basic for the side characters due to lenght and some things about them are left unexplained...(Rin becoming a magical lancer girl/demi-servant BS).
    Hakuno 's writing is also kinda laughable. Edgelord Zombie resulted from the amalgamation of the all of the previous HGW winners.His character development and the way is presented isn't interseting to say the least.
    Same goes for Twice's motivation. He fucked up everything for 999 years because he didn;t like the answers for saving the world of the HGW winners....
    I'm sure i missed some things but eh... these are my impressions so far. Not bad..but not good either.

25. Ignition Matara Dukkah

I was absolutely lost during the Alice episodes, I still don't think I understood completely the whole plot as the scenes switched all the damn time, but hey the madoka aesthetics were great.

26. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

As long as you figured out that the HakunoXAlice scenes were all flashbacks as evidenced by his different comand seals on his hand and that the whole schtick also invovled a time loop(evidence by Alice turning back her story-book at a point where she was still ok with was happening in the story)..you should be fine.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  27. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

So apparently we'll have to wait untill July for the last 2-3 episodes.:drake
    Hard to believe i'll still give a shit .

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  28. luffy no haki 1st Seat

Those jerks, as if ther show were all that great to begin with:skully

29. TYPE-Rey No, not that Rey.

Didn't Shaft do the same shit with Madoka too ?

30. Ye Xiu Well-Known Member

it was obvious he would go for the Rin route

that last few episodes better be worth it :wellshit