1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Fate/Reforged IC

Discussion in 'Roleplaying Forum' started by LunarCoast, Aug 26, 2015.

1. LunarCoast The Resident Owl

+Story+

"I wonder who might be next to sit upon the throne."

Reforged takes place in the year 2042, following the dismantling of the Grail in 2010 many believed the wars to have come to their conclusion in truth they had simply set in motion events that would unravel the world. With the Greater Grail dismantled both factions sought to strengthen their grip resulting in ten years of strife and conflict. The church once more began to actively hunt Magus without restraint and using their immense influence turned the population against those who once held sway either as powerful business leaders or even politicians.

Eventually being pushed to the verge of annihilation the Mage's Association pushed aside their petty power struggles refining their order into a power to be reckoned with. With new found strength and a influx of Free Lancers the Magus went on the offensive. During a bloody conflict a ritual was performed the magi unwilling to allow their secrets and discoveries to fall into the hands of their enemies, although intended as a last resort darker forces saw opportunity. A young mage named Solotov hijacked the ritual forcing it's activation through the sacrifice of his own flesh and blood, activated the world shuddered to a wailing doom. The clock tower destroyed in it's wake a void was formed a rift between this world and Akasha, allowing magic to flow freely into the world.

Magic became commonplace, as humanity magus and common mortal sought to tap into this power new technologies rose and the city of Auermold was rebuilt however, soon many came to the realisation that the flow was a one way stream.

Despite the war coming to an end, danger did not pass, magic flowed freely into this world threatening to crush it beneath it's weight thus a summit was called between high ranking members of the Holy Church and Mage Association. It was determined that the solution to this blight would be the reforging of the Lesser Grail bringing about another war, but the worlds now connected new Spirits are summoned, new classes awaken, and once every year the city becomes the battlefield of legends and masters seeking to obtain the ultimate prize allowing enough magic to be used that balance is restored.

Those who do survive to ascend the steps of the palace are greet by a final challenge, although the nature of this has never been revealed many creatures reside within the inner city those transformed by the constant influx of magic that dominates the landscape.​

Tags:
  2. LunarCoast The Resident Owl

Politics

Rain descended upon what would once have been called London by the populace but now it stood within the shadow of a swirling void threatening to swallow everything if not for the grail wars to sate the inexhaustible hunger that it represented. The window of the car saturated in the lime light of his shimmering pendant said be the source of his power, lesser magi and mortals were right in one regard it granted him his youth.

He was a old man but his hands and eyes were young, far too young. Grey hairs had begun to show their mark and he did all he could to conceal them from the noble families that sought to usurp his throne, but for the moment they feared the strength he possessed. After all he was the only survivor of the grail wars and therefore the only one who knew the fate of those that ascended the steps of what was once the Clocktower. Now it stood a golden palace located at the epic-centre it served to contain the Grail and it's gates opened only once all the spirits but one had been vanquished, the driver brought the vehicle into heavy traffic.

Many were fleeing the city knowing it would soon become the battlefield of powers beyond human comprehension. His gaze upon the abomination of the gate to Akasha was broken only by the voice of his company, "You shouldn't worry yourself about something that is beyond our control."

Cocking his head to one side he turned to face the man sat opposite dressed with a black shirt and jeans he appeared to invoke the appearance of his former master. Flung over the leather seats a old rugged brown trench coat and fedora. "Detectives truly need to expand their wardrobe." He sneered in disgust.

"Perhaps you are right but you was the one who went through all the trouble to bring me here."The younger man responded pulling a card from his pocket he placed it upon a small glass table that sat between both men then he placed another, and another with each Soren's expression turned more grim.

"I was never fond of divination, it twists and corrupts the minds of men." His eyes fixated upon the final three cards or rather collection of cards. The Grail of two halves sat at the edge, the card before it was blank which made a shiver run down the magus spine something that concerned the younger man, and finally the cards of servants. Assassin, Rider, Archer. . . and so on. Yet again more had joined the ranks with the likes of Musician and Pugilist.

His eyes turned once more to the gate and he sighed as it grew ever closure, as was tradition the summit would meet beneath the very thing that threatened their annihilation. "Sturm." His voice pierced the darkness a flash of silver light illuminated the cabin, now sat amongst them was a knight.

His silver armour joined by intricate golden design, malted brown hair served to conceal the back of his neck and scars of magic plagued what once would of been a young man. The Heroic sat in silence weary eyes looking upon his master, "Are the wards in place?"

With a bow of his head the Shield responded, "Yes but that isn't to say the contestants won't penetrate them or outsiders will attempt to circumvent our defences."

"I fully expect Anarchy to unfold, that is why the detective will be taking part."

"Lord?"The man asked with a look of confusion then as if right on cue an intense pain seared upon the wrist of his hand, clutching it for a moment he noted the crimson light radiating beneath his sleeve. Trembling he then looked to Soren, "How did you know?"

Soren shrugged, "Their are some things that shouldn't go mentioned know only that you are now part of this war and would be wise to consider summoning your servant. Thank you for the ride, detective."He pushed the door open stepping out into the rain following behind the Knight who could be seen in his full glory beneath the plate. Upon his back was a shield that blazed with the holy cross of the church.

He knew this spirit well enough to know Soren would come to no harm at this summit, but he could no longer hide the weakness of age. "Master is worthless as always. Crane take us home. . . take the back roads."

"And what of the Tindalosi, they will be drawn to the city."

"If we are lucky we won't run into them."He spoke softly knowing it was almost certain they would encounter atleast one tonight. The gate had brought more than magic with it's creation, it had also brought forth creatures that preyed upon magi and servant alike.

"Of course Master Raistlin."

Raistlin shuddered at the title reminding him of what will most certainly happen tonight. Servants and Masters would collide and the Tindalosi would prey upon the weak and helpless. Those caught within the wards would be left to fend for themselves in a battlefield beyond comprehension, and the Inquisitors would be keeping close watch upon the walls of the city awaiting the inevitable attempt of interference from the Anarchy creating a meat-grinder where none may survive.

Still he hadn't accounted for everything and he knew his master well enough to know that their were bigger threats to consider, those that lurked within the shadows stalking and manipulating the war to some grand design. Sturm had once pointed out to him their wasn't 'good' or 'evil' only that the pendulum swung and balance would be maintained. As they once seen when the Holy Church became too powerful the war had threatened to cast them back into the dark ages, and now they stood within a second age of gods.

Magecraft was common place, the city stood as evidence to that fact from the now floating Tower of London once more a prison and headquarters to the Inquisition to the golem like gargoyles that stood vigilant protecting the city from the Tindalosi and creatures of that ilk but tonight and until the war ended they would make no such attempt. The council believed it somehow added to the already chaotic war, in truth he knew that was a falsehood he was after all a detective of the paranormal something that had become very profitable in recent years.

3. Deer Lord living for dank memes

The classy dressed middle-aged man was runing down the alley ways of London in thsi rainy night.
    Even if it hadn't been the time of the impending war, where many citizens have left the city it would still have been a strange sight.

This man was runing as if his life depended on it. Which they were, but I digress.
    His pursuer was briskly walking closer, as if it was all just a game. But moreso because he had already backed his prey into a corner, so there was no need for haste.

The runing man entered an abandoned building at the end of the alley, an error his pursuer had already calculated, and was now trapped.
    He checked every window and door, but they have already been sealed beforehand. Panic consumed more and more of his mind as he heard foot stemp coming up the stairs.

"You have been a naughty boy Mr.Crowley..."
    "I'm curious...what was it that made you think you could abdicate from the Association like you did and face no repercussions?"
    The man turned around and looked at the well-dressed, slivere haired young man wearing a top hat.
    "Whatever, they're paying you, I can pay more!","J-Just leave me alone!" he pleaded.

"Now, now. If I was to do these kind of things no one would hire me." Nero answered with a grin.
    "Don't worry, we're nearly done here-"
    A sharp pain in his right hand distracted Nero. He could see a faint glow beneath his white glove and quickly took it off, revealing a newly formed red tatoo known as command seal.

Mr.Crowley seized the opprutunity and attacked the assassin, quickly muttering a chant and flinging a fireball at Nero.
    The fireball exploded and filled the room with smoke. Caughing, Mr.Crowley was slightly relieved. That feeling however was soon replaced by terror as the smoke cleared to reveal Nero standing firm , his clothes only slightly charred from the attack.

"Trying to kill a demon with fire? thats hilarious", Nero gigled.
    "You know, I was going to make it fast, but I can't do that anymore..."
    Two phantasmal swords glowing with a blueish hue appeared next to Nero's head and launched with incredible speed at the terrified Mr.Crowley.
    He screamed in agony as they pinned his palms to the wall. Nero in the meanwhile payed no heed to his screams and focused on his command seals.

'It truely is a troublesome matter...but there is still opportunity here.'
    'That is, if this holy grail really is a True wish granting device as legends would tell...'
    'Well, I guess since I have these it can't be helped.'

Trurning from his thoughts he turned to the impaled man and said with a smile: "I'm leaving now, Mr. Crowley. goodbye."
    Nero turned and walked away, and as he did a third phantasmal sword formed and fired into the helpless Mr.Crowley's skull.

--------------------------------------
    Back at the apartment Nero rented for the job he prepared a summoning circle.

'Since this whole thing came as a surprise to me, I don't have any relic.
    So I guess I'll just have to trust the good ol' grail's judment of character with the heroic spirit I get.'

'Still, it is a good thing to get this done as soon as possible'.

He completed the preparation and stood up.
    "Here goes something" he exhaled and started to chant.

"Fill and be spilt, Five times over. But bring destruction upon the fifth.
    Let thay base be of silver and steel
    Sharing the foundations of the earth.
    Run a line here as the pulse of a king
    So that all bare witness to thay heaven shattering strength!"

"Hear my oath
    Thou who is bound by the chains of the divine.
    Thou shalt come under my command and thy fate shalt be my sword!
    If thou dost accept my will and reason, then appear
    My servant!"

The cricle lit up with light, and upon completion of the ritual, a spirit was reborn.

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
  4. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen Retired Staff

The Cut and the Run
    Part 1: The Summoning.

Niklaus was very excited, so excited he was going crazy and was transfixed on the command seals on his hand. Niklaus was in one of his mansions, his fathers one to be precise. Cutler Manor was an empty place with only Nik alone, his father and mother were off doing whatever Archmages did, but it didn't matter to him anymore. This would matter though, if he did this, proving to them he could do whatever they could, that he didn't even need their guidance.

Niklaus was in the garden, walking up and down and in circles in a kinda of patterned daze.
    The command seals on his right forearm extending to his hand was of an infinity symbol intertwined with a Nordic dragon. He was biting his bottom lip in anticipation, he just had to wait a little bit longer and then it could begin. He looked down on the ground, to a metal disk and touched it tentatively with his hand. All it needed was a few more seconds for Niklaus to perfectly resonate at it's frequency.
    Ok he was ready.

Niklaus extended his hand towards the bronze disk and a sound began to be emitted first from his hand and then from the disk. Niklaus then jerked his hand into the shape of a fist and the disk crumpled together into a ball and started to heat up until it was a ball of molten bronze hovering slightly above the ground, in the paved part of the large garden.

Then he flicked his hand outwards causing the bronze to fly outwards from the centre, creating a radial pattern of scattered bronze. Now with his out stretched hand, Niklaus summoned his scythe, it was hanging on a small bracelet on his right hand and extended and became it's true self in an instant. With scythe in hand Niklaus walked over to bronze splatter and started to walk around the edge of it, trailing the scythe with him, using it to tidy up and trace a more defined circle with the liquid bronze. The scythe was very important, he loved his polearm type weapons and wanted to summon Lancer class another rebellion from his parents as well.
    And then he began to chant;
    "I am the Victory of the People.
    You shall be my spear.
    I play the drums as a son of War.
    I am the fire in the hearts of men."

Niklaus raised his scythe and did and arching swipe across the molten bronze and distorted the pattern, shaping it somehow.

"You are the scales that weigh.
    You are the sword that cleaves.
    I am a child of famine.
    I am the hunger that drives the souls of men."

Niklaus raised his scythe once more and did a similar act in a different direction, change the pattern even more, as different parts were slowing down and speeding up at different rates, they were over lapping and layering as they solidified at different rates.

"I am the seven sins and the seven virtues,
    splendor and valour forge my body,
    birthed from Heroes past and now.
    I offer my blood to forge a pact."

Niklaus retracted the scythe until it was just a small pendant again and gripped it in his left hand, before using it to slice open part of his right wrist. Blood started to flow immediately, and Niklaus poured it, placing his wrist into the circle, as it caught the liquid bronze it rolled through the pattern, contorting and altering it as the blood, winded its way through and up and over itself as it took the still liquid metal as mass and moved it over the solidified ones.

Niklaus raised his wrist and placed his left hand over his bleeding wrist and clamped down.
    Instantly there was a hissing sizzling like sound as his wrist started to heat up. Niklaus then removed his hand to show a slightly burned wrist already healing. He did not possess his fathers immunity to fire, but combined with his mothers genes, fire did still burn him, but it birthed him a new. Although he had never tried this with bone or anything other than superficial flesh and he was hesitant to test his limits.

"I alone cannot win this crusade,
    armed but with only a sword and a scale.
    You must also be my crown and my shroud.
    So I say to thee who heed my call.
    COME FORTH!"

As he said that, all the liquid metal had stopped in place, solidifying forming a three layer perfectly formed magic circle made from contorting bronze lines, etched with blood. And Niklaus stepped back a few metres.
    Nothing happened for a few seconds as the metal cooled and hummed with a radiance. And then from the circle, steam and smoke creating a heavy humid cloud as the circle itself burned brightly with red light, a figure could be seen standing in the smoke, crackling sounds could be heard coming from the water vapour that hoovered around his body.

"Hello?" Niklaus said to the figure before the smoke and steam completely dissipated into the nighttime air.

5. Tenma The Inferno

Many called this place the Devil's Anus (or it you were into less colorful language, just the Hellhole.).

Once, it was better known as Fuyuki City, home of all Grail Wars in modern history. 7 physical gods would battle in this city every 50 years (or 10, as with the war that ended with the grail's supposed destruction), each with the power to destroy an entire city if they so pleased. Furthermore, the last 2 wars had ended with the grail threatening to manifest onto this world, which if successful would have led to the world's destruction. In every war there were some civilian casulaties- in the 4th war 500 died in the Great Fuyuki Fire.

Yet the city had survived well enough, and rebounded with every war with greater vitality than ever. The Tohsaka head always ran the city's magic activities with competence. That all changed when the young mage Solotov caused a rip in reality, allowing magic to pour into the world uncontrolled.
    Fuyuki in particular was a nexus of uncontrolled magical power. This was natural. After all, Fuyuki had been the site of the original Holy Grail War.

The man in the worn jacket leaned against the wall of his shed. His figure was gaunt, almost bony, wiry hair running down the side of his head. The shed stood over what was once the Ryudou Temple. With the temple demolished by church militants, it had been reclaimed by the forest, allowing the ramshackle hut of metal sheets and rotting wood to remain unnoticed. This suited Daisuke Inochiro's purposes just fine.

For if someone were to take a look inside, they'd find more than a couple of corpses.

Daisuke Inochiro was a killer, but one that killed with magic. His targets varied, sometimes he slew ordinary folks, but more often he targeted maguses. Why did he kill? Well, occasionally it was for money. More often than not, it was because he felt like it.

The shed functioned as his workshop- although he'd gotten his Mystic Code elsewhere and considerably more painfully than one would expect the creation of a magic-conducting object to be. It also functioned as his living quarters, and storeroom to whatever body he had on hand at the moment. As of now, there was a body in lying in a basin in the corner of the room- one in many pieces, but still alive. He could hear the man groaning weakly, attempting to move while separated from his torso. The hapless shadow of a man was a magus. The killer that whistled as he made final preparations to the large magic circle that now occupied majority of the room did not like magus.

He would sometimes kill for the Yakuza. The killer no longer worked under them as his family once did, but he would still take jobs for a good price. With many new mage lineages being created in recent times, it became neccesary for the Yakuza to update its tactics to suit that. Only a magus could deal with a magus. And Daisuke was very good at dealing with them. But this one was for the ritual. The Holy Grail War that would commence in a week's time. Another all out war between magus using the greatest warriors of history as their sword.

Daisuke gritted his teeth slightly. He had to fight off a minotaur on his way up the mountain today. Although the thing had succeeded in goring him, he'd manage to send it packing regardless. Injuries and pain did not bother the killer, but the need to eventually heal this wound and handling a servant could be a bother.

Personally, he wished for a Caster. A servant of that class would be well capable of sustaining itself, only requiring him as an anchor, and if anything make him even more powerful. An Assassin would be technically ideal....if Daisuke was only fighting to win. Unfortunately, he was also fighting just to fight. An all-out slaughterfest between magus....needless to say, he had been enthralled when the bruise had appeared on his left hand, He intended to fight and kill any magus in his way even moreso than claiming this prize itself. An Assassin-class servant was only useful for fighting Masters, and that would have hardly been ideal.

Daisuke had to smirk in anticipation. There was a decent chance this could do poorly, but that only increased his excitement. He had not prepared a catalyst. There were several for sale in the underworld, but none of them really impressed him, and one of them- the supposed first snake's skin- struck him as fake anyway.

An alarm ran through the city. Shrill blaring in rapid intervals. That particular alarm meant a high-level phantasmal beast was rampaging through the city. The dead was raised and goblins and ghouls roamed the street with the regularity of stray cats and dogs these days, so it was unlikely to be weak critter. More than likely it was the water dragon his familiar had spotted traversing the Mion river a few weeks ago. Oh well. It was none of his business anyway. The Mage Association would clear that up...if they could. The dragon was the strongest of phantasmal beasts. Those cowards would be faster to hide behind their boundary fields.

Still, it could have been a false alarm. Some fool had claimed he saw the flames of a dragon in the lowland forests a few years ago. Turns out it was only a poor sap being bloated with magical energy. He had wandered through the forest and promptly combusted into a massive fireball- one worth several hundred tonnes of TNT- destroying most of the pretty mansion that had stood in the middle of it.

Daisuke looked out of a gap in the wall of the shed, taking a glance at the sunlight that poured through. The sky was tinted orange. He had an underground contact book him a flight for London at midnight, and he didn't have much time left. Squatting over the magic circle, he did a final check for any imperfections. Satisfied, he did a bit of skip to the basin in the corner, and lifted his victim by the head- which was now only attached to his neck and abit of his chest- and stared through him with oppressive green eyes. He grinned. And he spoke in low, gravelly tones.

'Well, it's time for your contribution. By the look in your eyes, it would seem you were looking forward to it too.'

The magus and his pieces had lain in the basin for about a week now, and by now although fear still remained in his eyes it had been joined by resignation to his fate. Daisuke carried him over to the summoning circle with deliberation. Along the way he fished a small knife from his pocket. He casually aimed it between the man's eyes, and the hapless magus squirmed.

'Well, it seems even in this state you fear death. Everyone clings to life so desperately in the end, no matter what they might claim. Well, killing wouldn't be worth it if they didn't.'

And with a single deft motion, the killer ran the knife across his neck.

Blood splashed liberally upon the summoning circle in heavy splashes. At this catalyst, it began to glow a fierce red, as if matching the blood it consumed. Daisuke lazily tossed the dying man aside, leaving him to choke on his own blood.

Choke and gag he did, much to Daisuke's amusement. But even as he dried in pain, he left cryptic words in his last few breaths.

'The...the grail...eh?...*hack*...ugh...haha...what a damn fool you...you are...*hack*...may the grail be the ruin of you!'

And then he stopped existing, a bloody agape smile on his dead figure.

Ruin, huh? Well, there's not alot lower I can sink... Returning his attention to the summoning circle, the killer began his chant.

Fill, fill, fill, fill, fill,
    Fill five times but be regardless destroyed,
    Steel and silver shall be my essence,
    The will of the heavens be my core,

I come as the horn of war,
    bringing the promise of blood and battle.
    Emerge from your great throne,
    so that once more you might shake the earth.

And so I declare,
    your body shall by my sword,
    my soul be your shield,
    As sworn upon the Grail.

I shall do great deeds in your name,
    As you shall do wonders in mine,
    If you submit to this call,
    Then answer,
    Great Warrior of the Earth!

And the crimson glow became a raging flame, magic swirling through the air in ferocious torrents, the air within the shed trembling and warping. Yet greater still was the magical energy he felt on his left hand, and although he kept his eyes on the blinding circle, he knew they took form in three intricate crimson markings.

And in the center of the circle, it begun to take form. Tremendous power unknown to Fuyuki for 32 years once more began to manifest, the power of a God made human flesh. Even as the fire died, the power within the hut remained undiminished as the ancient materialised, bringing with it nightfall.

And across the forest, crows begun to gather above the hut as though waiting to feast on the carrion of Man....

6. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen Retired Staff

The air was filled with warm smoke, heavy and lingering although a shape of man was now able to be seen

A man stood there in crude leather clothing, dark hair neatly combed over yet still with a wildness to it, he was bearded and his eyes were bloodshot, from tears, pain or something else was yet to be seen. On his forehead a little bit above one of his eyes was a scar, apart from that he looked like an ordinary man.

He took a deep strained breath. "I ask you, are you he who claims to be mine master?"

7. Tenma The Inferno

Daisuke looked at the man- if he could be called that- before him. He did not look like a hero. He looked like he had just been crying- or drunk. Maybe he just needed some sleep. Yet he was certain this was a Servant, a warrior stronger than any living magus. It's aura, although subdued, could be felt throughout the room. He as rather taken aback by the success of his ritual and of the ancient that stood before him, but still, as this things Master, he could not afford to show weakness.

'Name's Daisuke.' He said, leaning back against the wall of his shed. 'Your Master, obviously.'

As evidence, he raised his left hand, himself seeing his Command Spells for the first time.

5 crystallized miracles, each with the power to completely restrain even a servant in spite of their god-like strength, as long as they remained in contract. A single command seal contained more magical power than even a great magus, and using all 5 would grant him the ability to briefly even fight a servant.

'So...what the hell are you?'

8. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen Retired Staff

"I am Berserker." Berserker looked Daisuke up and down and frowned.

"Daisuke? Master? Hmm. You may hold the command seals but do not think that makes you my master, at most it makes you my partner." He said walking out from the summoning circle and looking around him. Berserker would not hesitate to kill this boy if he provoked him, appeasing his temper was just as grand a reward as winning the grail.

"And where are we?" Berserker asked with indignation towards his new so called master.

9. kluang The Cavalry's Here

A petite girl holding is standing at the top of the tower, with a kitten snuggling at her legs. Her name is Iris D. Sharp, daughter of Jake Magnus Sharp and Mary West Sharp.

She always wondered what's the D stands for, and the only answer she gets is,

"It sounds pirately, dear."

She wears a cute yellow dress with a black cloak flutters due to the wind. Her twintail hair is perfectly secured with two huge ribbon and her horn rimmed glasses looks cute on her face.

Her face is a mix of confidence and fear. She has the confidence in her cause, but she rarely left the family's mansion. She's usually in the family library or in the garden practicing her magic with her father and elder brother.

The command seal on the back of her palm glows. She picks her up her kitten and look at it, straight in the eye.

"It's now or never Mr.Biscuit."

"Meow."

"I'm not afraid. I believe in myself. i must. Don't you remember about all the books we read together, on how the heroes always believing. We must have that."

"Meow?"

" Oh, I've pack everything. Let see, the relic..." Suddenly her face turn blue and she scrambles and run around in panic.

"I FORGOT THE RELIC!!!!"

"Meow."

She suddenly stops and look at her cat who spits out the relic.

"Meow."

"You ate the relic???"

"Meow."

"....I did not leave it under the couch..... I think"mumbles Iris as she tries to hide her embarrassment, and fail utterly. Mr. Biscuits just shakes her head. She's a bit of an absent minded, but her heart is true.

Iris picks up the relic, a broken bamboo staff.

"Now lets the summoning began!!!"

"Meow."

"Summoning circle?" ask Iris and her face went red, when she realize it. Mr Biscuits could swear he sees steam coming ou from her steam. She quickly prepares the summoning circle.

She finishes her circle and Mr.Biscuits stands next to her.

"Now, to real summoning event!!!"

"Let gold and jade be the essence.
    Let the tiger and the phoenix of contracts be the foundation.
    Let green be the color I pay tribute to.
    Let rise a wall against the wind that shall fall.
    Let the four gods gates close.
    Let the three-forked road from the dragon reaching unto the Kingdom rotate.

Let it be declared now;
    your fist shall serve under me, and my fate shall be with your hand.
    Submit to the beckoning of the Holy Grail.
    Answer, if you would submit to this will and this truth.

An oath shall be sworn here.
    I shall attain all virtues of all of Heaven;
    I shall have dominion over all evils of all of Hell.

From the Seventh Heaven, attended to by three great words of power,
    come forth from the ring of restraint, protector of the holy balance!
    So I say to thee who heed my call.
    COME FORTH!"

10. manidk idkman

The figure in front of Niklaus was kneeling in the smoke, already able to see eye to eye with his summoner. With a groan, he slowly stood up. The towering servant stared down at Niklaus, head angled in such a way that he was already getting a crick in his neck. The man removed his shield from his arm, and placed it at his back, pointing a humungous polearm at the smaller man in front of him.

"Summoner, I ask you... Are you my master?"

11. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen Retired Staff

Cut and Run: Part 2
    The Giant and the Superman

Niklaus smiled as he saw the towering servant before him, this was it, this was what he needed. And this servant was huge, luckily the lancer container allowed his dexterity to remain, but Niklaus was as tall as his father and almost as tall as his uncle and they were not small in stature. But Lancer stood taller and thicker than them, making Niklaus feel as small as his parent's legends did, perhaps that was the real catalyst here.

Niklaus reached out, not scared, he would not allow fear to creep into this world he was to make for himslef. He reached out and touched the point of Lancer weapon, his grin growing larger, menace visible in his teeth, his eyes crawling over it and examining it, his eyes crawled over every part of his servant and he knew who it was and he marveled in his presence. Not afraid he looked up at his servant.

"Yes Lancer, I am your master." Niklaus said walking closer to the towering man and his out stretched weapon until the tip of the blade was positioned over his heart. "So tell me, who are you, are you my spear!"

12. kluang The Cavalry's Here

The circle becomes bright and cloud of steam envelop the area. A figure can be seen standing in the middle of the ring, an average build man, average height looking at her.

"I am Pugilist. You are the one who summon me?"

Iris smiles and hugs Mr. Biscuits. "We did it!!! A Servant and a new class too." She puts her cat down and stands before the servant.

"I am your master. Are you my fist?" says Iris while showing her command seal.

The servant looks at his summoner. A child, no a small build girl, with knowledge of magic, wears an innocent and naive look. Yet he can sense wisdom in the sparks of her eyes.

Interesting.

He nods and slightly bow. "I am. So what now?"

She points to the sky while making a weird pose. "Now we go to mall!!!."

"Mall?"

"For shopping!!! And a feast for our pact today."

Last edited: Sep 9, 2015
  13. manidk idkman

The servant nodded, lowering his lance. "Your spear, and your shield. From now until we stand triumphant at the end of this battle."

Lancer glanced around the garden, then down at his master, taking in all he could to learn about the person he'd be battling alongside.

"Well then... What am I to call you, little one? 'Master' isn't a suitable term for someone you experience the joys of battle with."

14. Tenma The Inferno

Berserker? Well, that was an unpleasant...not really a surprise, but this put a hitch on his strategy. And this bastard probably wasn't going to make things easy too, based on his insubordination. Technically, Daisuke was not opposed to working with this entity as partners, but even a quick scan of Berserker's peronality made him realise that giving leeway would only compromise his position.

At the same time, he could sense the abating bloodlust in his servant. He did not know who Berserker was as of now, but its mere presence sent a chill down his spine. Murderous intent poured from Berserker, not directed at him per se, but just in general, as natural and routine to the servant as breathing.

Furthermore, Daisuke made tended to make a habit of thinking of creative and unusual ways to kill anyone he met, just on reflex- a pen into the carotid artery when he tilts his neck. Severing his wrist with a box opener- none of which would work on a servant obviously, but even thinking of killing this somehow felt like he was killing himself. It seemed to be caused by the scar on Berserker's forehead. Was this some kind of curse?

Of course, he could use a command spell to prevent his servant from killing him, but that was seriously damage his relationship with Berserker and worst still, he was smart enough to realise

Daisuke had experience dealing with such difficult customers in his time in the yakuza and even after, and in this situation his response was obvious. He would simply sidestep the challenge as though pretending it didn't matter or bother him, and focusing his attention on tackling the other question Berserker had been so kind to present to him instead.

'Hm, master, servant, partner....don't really want to bother with such nonsense right now. We are short of time after all. We are currently in Fuyuki City in Japan, but the war takes place in the other side of the globe in London. We have a plane to catch in maybe an hour or two, so we'd better get moving.'

He began to pick up his bags, each mostly stuffed with the contents of his workshop. Truth was, he still had abit of time before he had to stake out to the meeting point, but he might as well create a situation if it meant taking both their minds off issues of authority.

'Also, given you are a Berserker and hence quite the mana guzzler,'- while the mana consumption of his servant had not been as high as he had expected, it still gave some strain to his mana supply- 'it's just as well I prepared some people for you to eat. Will last you a week or so, but we are eventually going to have to start hunting some Londoners. You don't seem the most moral kind, so I doubt you will mind too much.'

Inside, Daisuke was quite annoyed. It would appear that unless he managed to impress Berserker enough for him to become loyal, he remained a threat to him. As of now, Berserker didn't pose much of a hitch to his plans to go around killing masters, but if Berserker found someone he preferred and sought to break the contract, he would likely be dead. Perhaps he would just be better on turning on Mad Enhancement- but if he did so the strain could kill him.

Perhaps it would be best to start their relationship on a good note, appeal to the basal instincts of the murderous ancient. He could tell this man had a heart for killing- when one worked in crime for so long, one had a feel for such things- and perhaps it would be best to give him an opportunity.

'By the way, if you are Berserker, that would mean that you are the strongest Class, wouldn't it? Well, since we are both currently out of the line of fire here in Fuyuki, we might as well have some target practice and have a feel of each other's capabilities before we meet any actual Masters. There's a...sea dragon, I think, currently having a walk through the city.'

'What say we kill it?'

15. Tenma The Inferno

The air crackled as the grail completed one of the many miracles it was destined to.

He was a warrior 7 feet tall, a mass of muscle, being named for his size that reminded others of a tree. He was dressed in ornate, yet rough and worn, bronze plate, and adorning his head was a blue helmet with two large bull horns increasing his height by a further 2 feet. In his hand, he held a sword of solid ice, which played with the moonlight that reflected off its surface. Even in death he had held this very same sword.

And then he looked down at the mere mortal before him.

'I ask of you, are you my master?'

16. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen Retired Staff

"Well firstly unless you assume to call everyone 'Little one' maybe we don't go with that."
    Niklaus placed his hand to his chin and started to think, was there anything he wanted to be called.

He looked down to the scythe that hung from his wrist, he was only himself and that is who he wanted to win the glory for, who he wanted to fight for and as.

"Lancer, I am Niklaus Cutler, a son of Bran. But you can call me Klaus." Summoning his scythe to full length and twirling it around.

"So partner, what do you suggest should be our first move?"

Berserker looked at Daisuke and stared hard and then he opened his mouth and laughed, a large hearty laugh.
    "I can sense the murderous intent inside you boy. Some even directed at me, I admire that. You may want to kill, but I am driven by it, I need to kill. I know you can feel it, it is technically a part of you now too. But I shall allow you revel in it, so that you may understand." Berserker said, brushing away some of his hair allowing his scar to become fully visible to Daisuke and instantly Daisuke heard a voice in his head, one that revealed who Berserker was and why Berserker was.

At the mention of a Sea Dragon, Berserkers interest peaked, and now was time to revisit it.
    "Yes, I need to sedate this urge inside me, killing something would help, lest it be you. I do not measure myself against others in terms of strength, for my strength comes from the result rather than means. Nothing, can give immunity from my talent, not even a command seal could stop it, once I wish it."
    Then Berserker went quiet and began to think, "Daisuke. First take me to a place were crops are traded. I wish to see."

17. Deer Lord living for dank memes

Nero gazed at this reincarnated hero, quickly scanning his figure from toe to the tips of his horned helmet.

He then removed the white glove on his right hand, revealing a red mark
    "Well, I do have these... so I guess I am."
    "The name is Nero, by the way."

His lips crooked into a faint smile as he looked up to the warrior's face
    "You seem like a big guy.
    What class are you in this little grail game?", he said with a voice filled with genuine intrigue.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2015
  18. kluang The Cavalry's Here

"My name is Iris D.Sharp, mage of the Sharp family." says Iris and she held Mr. Biscuit up high, the cat nonchalantly looks at Pugilist. "This is Mr. Biscuit."

"A Pugilist, there never was a Pugilist before. This is both good and bad." Iris took out a tome from her backpack and starts writing on it.

"What is that book?"

"My diary." Iris answer nonchalantly as she continue writing down her experience and events that led up to this moment.

"Knowledge is the most important thing to mankind and is the firm believe of the Sharps that knowledge can tip any battle to your favor. We are the keeper of arcane knowledge. My parents spends their time looking for lost knowledge, or the household of fallen mage family to find their research and finding to add to our collection."

"And what does your family do with the hoard of lost knowledge?"

"Well we charge a fee of course to anyone who wants access. And a percentage of royalty to any research using the knowledge we kept."

She packs her stuff and urge Pugilist to follow her.

"Once we finish here, we must go to Auremold, where the grail battle is held. Then we see what our next step is."

19. manidk idkman

Lancer pondered the question for a good while... An uncomfortably long while before finally answering.

"Scouting would be a start. That or general preparations. Gathering weapons, supplies, possibly allies. 'Tis a bad idea to go to war unprepared."

20. manidk idkman

"Fuck it guys, let's go. Bullying that old bastard isn't even fun anymore."

The five youths strutted out of the alleyway, satisfied with their misdeeds for the day. The city of Beijing was a war zone, much like every where else on the planet nowadays, but that didn't stop assholes from being assholes.

Back in the alleyway, the "Old Bastard(formally known as Ignatius Jiminez)" sat amidst a small pile of scattered pebbles, cans, and other various articles of assholery. The youths had talked a big game, but they were sure to never get too close to Iggy, decided to instead hurl various objects at him from a distance. Iggy was, of course, too concentrated on his business to even react beyond the occasional brushing aside an object that interrupted his summoning circle.

His preparations now complete, Iggy was just waiting for the moment when was most in tune with the leyline beneath him. He glanced down at the back of his left hand. His command seals, taking on the design of a stylized chinese dragon, were beginning to pulse, glowing brighter each time.

"Now's as good a time as any, I guess. Let's keep this short."

Iggy sat in a meditative stance, eyes close, and focused his prana. He never was one for the long, boring chants, so he made sure to acquire a proper catalyst beforehand. The scorched feather lay in the center of the circle, now floating inches above the ground.

"Let my soul be your bow, and let your arrows be my shield.
    You, who guards the scales, heed my call and come forth!
    "

Iggy's eyes burst open as his prana surged, arcing into the burnt feather, now floating six feet in the air. The ground cracked open as prana funneled into the feather from the leyline below, and the air above.

The feather exploded into dust, and Iggy could barely make out a figure within.

21. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

The dust settled. There was a humming in the air as prana crackled like fireflies in a lightning trap. Gradually, the figure became visible.

Draped over its shoulders was a dark, leafy green cloak that seemed to flutter in some unseen, ephemeral wind, and draped over its head were long locks of raven hair flowing down to the figure's upper back.

The figure reached up with one hand to gesture at Iggy. The graceful movement caused a subtle rippling of musculature to dance upon the figure's torso and abdomen, covered as they were in thick bandages from waist to nose, mummy-like, concealed. It was an undeniably masculine figure, but one with a lithe tone to it.

With his eyes burning slightly from the dust, Iggy met the gaze of the summoned figure and his piercing, crimson eyes, like twin pools of blood in liquid ivory. With his hand still reaching out and the air around him singing with a power that bordered on the divine, the figure asked that age old question.

"Are you my master?"

22. Serp Prince Mod Targaryen Retired Staff

Niklaus nodded. "Well Weapons and supplies we have in abundance, both my parents are Archmages with far stretching resources..

He stopped to ponder the rest of what Lancer had suggested.
    "I may be able to find some allies, but they won't be in the war, do you suggest formations with other masters. But regardless of that, I think it would be best if we went for a little walk, so I can show you parts of the city, or least possible vantage points close by, sound good?"

23. manidk idkman

"Aye, and you would be Archer, assuming I did the chant right..."

Iggy looked the servant up and down, taking in the appearance of his partner from here on out.

"...And it looks like you're exactly who I wanted, so that's even better. But tell me, Archer, since I'm not a big fan of forced subservience... Will you be my Arrow?"

"Allies of any kind will be invaluable to the war effort, Klaus. Partnering with other masters isn't a horrible idea, as long as we keep them at arm's length. I am not one so dishonorable as to stab one in the back, but I do not expect the same of others."

Lancer holstered his spear on his back, looping it through his shield straps. He glanced around thoughtfully, before looking back down at Klaus and disappearing into spirit form.

"I suppose I could use a good walk, though."

24. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

A single brow inched a bit higher on the Archer's left temple. His gaze narrowed as he took in the man that was his human master. The servant almost looked amused as he replied, "Me, an arrow? Perish the thought, master. I am not an arrow. Arrows are my dominion. They are the messengers of my wrath, my paintbrushes in an art form of blood and war. I am no more an arrow than a writer is his quill."

The cloaked bowman started pacing in a circle around his master, as Iggy turned his gaze to follow him. Archer continued, "I will, however, be your Archer. I will fight by your side as long as you and I both hold common interests. But allow me to make one thing clear: at the tactical level, I will fight my battles the way I wish to fight them. Strategically, feel free to tell me who to fight, where to fight, and when to fight, but once combat begins I am my own master..."

Archer stopped after making a complete 360 around Iggy. His crimson eyes and stony, resolute gaze bored into the man's face, who stared back with a similar resolve.

"...is that clear?"

25. manidk idkman

Iggy sighed, slouching into a more of a relaxed pose, "Not much for metaphors, are you? But that's fine, you're right, I won't treat you like an arrow. I'll do as you say, you know, picking an enemy, aiming you towards the enemy, setting you loose at the enemy... Nothing like an arrow at all."

Iggy smiled, it was a warm, friendly smile, the kind that would let even the most insane Berserker know that he was speaking in jest.

"So anyways, my Archer... I guess I have to ask before we begin; What is your preferred approach to this war? How do you want to go about this? We should leave for the battleground within the next few days, so I'd like to spend this time strategizing and building some good synergy, ya know?"

26. Doctor Lamperouge The World Smith

Archer scoffed. "Hmm. Jest if you will. As for strategy, I have one: we must take the initiative."

The bowman strode backwards and leaned against an alley wall, with arms crossed and eyes closed in a position of seemingly deep thought. "As an Archer, it should be obvious that I prefer long-range combat. I would even go as far as saying that, at this stage in the game, getting caught in close combat would be the death of me. The longer we go without making a move the higher the chance of us getting ambushed by a close-range type, like Saber."

There was a shift in the air, like the precipice of a storm in waiting. Archer bounced up from his position, an aura of power orbiting around him. Calmly he approached his master and placed a firm grip on Iggy's shoulders.

"We have to make the first move as soon as possible. We need to control the opening phase. It is a delicate time. Do you trust me, master? Will you allow me to do something...drastic?"

27. Tenma The Inferno

Daisuke saw for the first time the identity of his servant. He was quite impressed. He may have been Japanese, but even he knew who his servant was in life and what he did to ascend to the Throne of Heroes. This new guy's parameters were quite impressive too. All in all, considering he had done the ritual without a catalyst and he did not come from any of the established Families, he had to pat himself on the back for a job well done.

But...a place where crops were traded? Why would Berserker care about this even now? Still, his relationship with his servant was going on the right track, and if all he wanted to go to was a market, then he was happy to oblige. He was rather hungry himself anyway- fighting off phantasmal beasts and performing the ritual had left him somewhat weary.

------

Well, they were certainly quite the odd duo. Berserker did not look like he came from any particular era- although certainly few today would be caught dead wearing such clothing. The servant looked like he had entered civilisation for the first time, having been lost in some godforsaken forest for decades. Daisuke looked scarcely better with his old, worn jacket and barely combed hair.

'Well, I'm not sure if you meant elsewhere, but we trade crops here. Or food in general.' Daisuke explained as he walked down the aisle. 'Now, I understand your origins, but why on earth would you still care about crops?'

28. Tenma The Inferno

Rider grinned. 'Hm. Well, if you don't mind then, I will call you Nero. I will respect you as my Master regardless, don't you worry.'

With that he settled down on a chair, which creaked under his weight. Even sitting down he was still taller than Nero. 'As for me, I am the servant of the Rider class. I could do abit of a demonstration, though my friend would probably make a mess of your room.'

'Now, how about we tour the lands that will soon be our battleground.'

29. Deer Lord living for dank memes

"I guess I shall find out soon what it is that you ride on..."

"Touring the city isn't a bad idea too..."
    Nero paused and scrached his head letting his thoughts wander off for a moment
    "...yes, and we...should...bring...these with us!"
    Nero was sifting through some of his gear packed into bags on the room's floor, untill he found was he was looking for.
    Nero presented the light bag, which seemed filled with tiny objects.
    "Cameras"
    "For monitoring purposes, of course." he added with a smirk.
    "I find that they have certain advantages over magical scrying methods..." he mumbled to himself.

Turning around from his stuff nero looked back at rider and said:
    "Also, I'd like to know more about you rider."
    "We can have thsi conversation along the way too, I guess."
    "But you'll might want to go into spirit form untill we get to the car, you'll might be a bit conspicuous walking in the street like that."

30. kluang The Cavalry's Here

Three days later, Iris and Pugilist arrives in Auremold. Using a black sedan they cruise the city.

"How's my strategy?" ask Iris. Her eyes sparkle with eagerness and determination, but Pugilist just sighs. "It's stupid. What works in books doesn't translate well into real life."

"So what do you suggest?"

"Be extremely subtle, even to the point of formlessness. Be extremely mysterious, even to the point of soundlessness. Thereby you can be the director of the opponent's fate."

"Let's find a vantage point. If I'm a participant in the grail war, I will tour the city looking for advantages. We need to find a higher vantage point to deduce who and what we're facing. Secret operations are essential in war; upon them the army relies to make its every move."