1. Elusive Prizes Shop
    The Elusive Prizes shop has returned! Click here to start shopping!
    The shop is open from April 6th at 4pm UTC to April 10th at 4pm UTC..
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite characters

Discussion in 'Featured Manga of October 2010' started by Aldric, Jun 1, 2008.

1. Aldric

We all have our favorites and with such a rich and diverse cast there's no lack of choices.

Post who your favorite Bastard!! characters are and of course don't forget to mention your reasons for liking them.

I'll post mine later.

Tags:
  2. Wobbly

Dark Schneider: One of, if not the, best main character in manga. He's a true enigma. He can be cruel, kind, powerful, submissive, serious, and goofy. He's also the archetype for some aspect of every shounen main since Bastard!!'s circulation.

Gara: I just like him cuz he's funny.

Uriel: Anyone able to fight on par with DS' most powerful forms for (I think) years is worthy of some type of respect.

3. Kamen Rider Ryoma

i agree with that list and I'd like to add

Lars Ul Metallicana:
    He was hilarious back when he was a dragon and badass when he turned human again. But I always wondered where he hid that sword...:hmm?

Beelzebub:
    For being a cruel and completely insane bastard.

Satan:
    For being the crazy bitch that he is.:lmao

4. Yak

I can't probably even list them all because there are some many and of course I kinda all love them. I am not going to state whom I like the most either because that sometimes changes depending on what's going on.

- Dark Schneider: The main character. A handsome, powerful wizard who doesn't suck up to anyone or anything. Always gets what he wants, is a huge player, smart, cunning and funny. Craps on your generic shonen cliches and eats other manga's so-called 'powerhouses' for breakfast. He is capable of hating like a devil and loving like an angel, has a touch of superiority yet lonelyness about him, can be a caring father and your worst nightmare at the same time. Deep, complex personality hidden under a raw shell. Awesome.

- Ninja Master Gara: What's not to love about a huge, bulky ninja with an enchanted sword, funny lines and utterly badass attitude?

- Dai Amon: A character between friend and foe, strong yet hilarious, badass yet pathetic. The fact that he is a huge hulky vampire with the design of King Diamond helps immensely to get bonus points.

- General Ingweil von Malmsteen: That's how a knight must be! Noble and virtuous, loyal and strong. Handsome, skilled, gracious and a good leader-role. Very likeable.

- Samurai Sean Ka: If Zoro from One Piece would be a Bastard!!-character, he would be Sean Ka. That's all you need to know about how badass that guy is even though he is just a small side character. I wish we'd see more of him.

- Devil Kings Asmodeus and Belial: I like Asmodeus for his design and his calm, collected art. He hasn't many showings yet but he is clearly a cunning and clever guy who doesn't take the shit his superior Beelzebub is trying to feed him for what it is. He is the antipode to Seraph Raphael whom I like very much as well. Belial is awesome because of his hinted rivalry with Uriel. He is an arrogant and vain asshole and supposedly the attorney of Hell. Plus, I like his handsome looks. =P

- Seraph Raphael: The favourite angel among the 4 Seraphim for me. He is very wise, calm, friendly and strong. In a manga that is usually full of boastful characters he is a welcome change for me and an anchor to reason and intelligence in the sometimes crazy events happening in the storyline.

- Kay Han: My favourite female in the manga, she is kinda a tomboy yet can also be very feminine. She is a strong swordsmaster, brave and skilled with magic. She somehow reminds me of a Jean D'Arc type of character.

- Satan: The supposed mastermind behind all the shit that ever somehow happened to everyone in the manga. He is completely insane but when he has one of his clear moments he shows a deeply tragic and hurt side, the longing of a son for a father he felt completely betrayed by. He emits a strong aura of someone craving revenge so much that it has driven him insane. And he is extremely powerful, badass and wears an outfit inspired by one of the covers of the famous Japanese pop star Hide.

- Abigail: The probably most crazy guy in the manga because he is almost impossible to read into. No one really knows what his secret agenda might or might not be. He is almost as old and knowledgeable as Dark Schneider. He made for an amazing villain and is a badass and strong friend as well. He has amazing style yet he can be horribly nerdy and whacky too. Plus, he is modelled after H.P. Lovecraft.

5. Aldric

-Dark Schneider: Well no surprise here, you can't really be a Bastard!! fan is you don't like DS since he's the hero afterall as he constantly reminds us but also because he truly embodies the atmosphere of the manga. Lecherous, ultraviolent, sadistic, overpowered and constantly breaking the 4th wall, he's nothing like any other protagonist I can think of, a truly unique but more importantly hilarious character.

-Ninja Master Gara: In one of the earlier volumes Hagi said Gara was one the most popular characters, among girls and boys alike, and it isn't surprising. Not very bright, sardonic and manly as hell, he's both hilarious and badass, a winning combination. Has some really cool techniques for having such a basic, straight forward fighting style, and his armors are some of the best designs created by Hagi.

-Abigail: Probably my n°1 favorite. Weird as fuck, but extremely charismatic character. At the same time classy, creepy and goofy, he's like some sort of insane evil nerd gentleman if that makes any sense. He never fails to entertain and/or enlighten the reader about the workings of the Bastard!!verse. His spells and techniques are also awesome yet completely unusual and out of here (Abigail's Crystal).

-Lars Ul: I already liked him when he was to DS what Puck is to Gutts but when it was revealed he was DS greatest rival and a ridiculously charismatic hot blooded legendary hero I became an instant fan. Made more of an impact in a couple of volumes then some characters in a dozen ones.

-Konrone: Such an awesome design (demon Dudley, come on) and the guy you love to hate, a complete jackass. His ramblings about being a gentlemaaaan were also pretty hilarious.

-Kay Han: My favorite female character. Tough as nails and less DS obsessed than the rest of the female cast, which can get a bit tired after a while (cough NEY cough).

6. Kamen Rider Ryoma

7. Aldric

8. Yak

Well, she kinda is a bit of a one dimensional bimbo. Lol. Nah, not really, I don't mind her. But turning into a swooning girl child everytime DS is around doesn't help. Although I think the timeskip kinda changed her. She isn't a whiney little girl anymore.

9. Kamen Rider Ryoma

I'm gonna tell Dark Schneider that you talk bad about his daughter.:C

10. Aldric

Yeah I don't like how she reverts to some kind of submissive child with DS while she's a hard as nails warrior and a cold character otherwise.

I'd like her far more without her infatuation with DS, even if it makes perfect sense storywise that she'd worship him like that. After all without him she probably would have died and he made her into the powerful warrior she is today.

Fucking snitch :C

11. Yak

I'd like Ney to come together with Gara. They would be a cool couple. She should be more open and not so uptight with him and laugh some more. And he would have a nice balance with her and stay his good earthly self.

Kal's influence on Ney is questionable but his generally melancholic aura seems to calm her down somewhat and bring her caring emotions out more.

12. Aldric

I like Gara and Ney too, and there's a couple of things hinting at them becoming a couple at the end.

13. Kamen Rider Ryoma

You're French, you have no right to insult anyone.:C

Anyway, how do you guys like my new Bastard!! honor set?

14. Yak

Don't go offtopic, Ryoma :C

Oh, wait, you aren't :LOS Your set is good but could use some borders. Hagi's art is really awesome. Btw, I have heard he is working on Black Rainbow volume 3 now, that should give us some new drawings of the first generation Riders of Havoc who happen to be fucking awesome characters, too.

@Aldric: Yeah, that's pairing talk. :LOS Lol, did you notice that in the Unused Edition there is a panel where Ney is shocking Gara because he is goofing around and kicking computers and she ends up sitting on top of him and he pops a boner? :rotfl

15. Kamen Rider Ryoma

And your sig doesn't have borders as well.:pek

edit:

Just kidding.:LOS

Better now?

Last edited: Jun 1, 2008
  16. Yak

Much better :pleased
    Mine doesn't need borders, its a transparent one :hehee

I'm surprised Aldric didn't mention Gain Esperanza yet.

17. Aldric

I was about to mention it because I'm almost running out of panels to use for my Gain avatars :LOS

Yeah and his soul escapes his body when she strangles him and the soul is actually looking all :sag and shit :rotfl

I thought about mentioning Gain in my favorite characters but I'd really like to see and read more about him before putting him on the same level than the likes of Gara and Abigail.

Though design wise he's my favorite by far.

18. Gig

My favourite has always been Ninja Master Gara his fights have always been awesome DS vs Gara and Gara vs Eddie and his personality is pure gold where he is always trying to compete with DS to no avail my favourite moment by far was his “death” after his fight with Eddie where DS make this awesome speech honouring him.

here

here

here :LOS

Last edited: Jun 2, 2008
  19. AbnormallyNormal

i like abigail, lucien renlan, yoko, and beezlebub

abigial for much of the reasons already stated... he's an enigma, he's awesome, he's strong and smart, etc etc.

lucien because he is the opposite of DS in almost every way, yet apparenly just as powerful at least potentially.

yoko because she is a strong female and even though a "mere human" she is pretty tough and has common sense and helps push things along

beezlebub i like just because he seems like an active character, who tries to make a lot of stuff happen, he piushes things forward constantly

20. Graham Aker

Dark Schneider - pretty much what has been said about him in this thread. Imo, he's the best male character in manga, even comics, that I've ever read. He just entertains me very much.

Lars Ul Metallicana - incredibly badass. Funny as fuck when he was a Dragon, I was really surprised to find that he's actually DS' rival. Made me like him even more.

Archangel Michael - my favourite female character of the lot. She's beautiful and really powerful. Lawl @ her punching DS in the face for copping a feel. :lmao

21. Parallax Retired Staff

Flag:
    Mexico
    Catdank Faction:

Dark Schneider: Well duh that's a given

Gara: Just so hilarious and always an entertaining character

Kal Su: Don't know, just thought he was interesting.

22. Aldric

He had a pretty shitty life and I like a lot of his spells but he's probably my least favorite character overall

23. Yak

At least he didn't turn into a whiney Sasuke-type. He sucked up his shit like a man and even now, being crippled and all, he still thinks he has to repent for his sins in the past and that even death wouldn't be enough. Sure he is pretty reckless and selfdestructive because of it and even more melancholic than before. But kinda in a badass way. :LOS

24. Aldric

Oh yeah there's another character I just remembered, Ross Zaboss Friedrich. I don't really like the Generals but he's an exception. He's really weird and unusual (both a knight and a thief, talks like a transvestite, has one hell of a buttchin) and is extremely powerful with his gravity controlling skills. So yeah, he's one of my favorites as well.

25. Yak

Ross <3

Not my favourite among the Generals but definitely second or third. I love that guy because of what you said. He is a pretty unpredictable guy but very badass and has a versatile fighting style. And many hidden talents, lol. Comes off as a bit of a queer (though, not as bad as Saix or Ida) but his skills in picking locks open is unrivaled XD Reminds me of that scene:

"This must be a heavily locked treasure chamber where the elves hid their treasures and wealth"
    everyone: "Ohhh!"
    Ross: *picking on the lock* "Okay, lets open it! *insert rapist face*
    everyone: O_o

Hilarious scene. The dragon-riding thing that ensued shortly after was godly as well.

26. Kazuma the Shell Bullet

Gara: Awesome and funny character

Lars: Funny as a dragon, badass as a human

Satan: He looks awesome and from the raws I've seen, he seems pretty badass. And he's Dark Schneider's father, +1.

27. Taleran

its hard for me not to like characters in this series

unless they're really bad compared to everyone else, the only one really to do that was Kal and he had some potential but meh

28. Kazuma the Shell Bullet

But even Kal is better than 90% of the characters from some other series out there

29. Aldric

As the token taciturn pretty boy Kal is infinitely better than some people from a certain ninja clan THAT I WONT NAME

30. Kazuma the Shell Bullet

Better than his gay lover and that entire group as well.

Also better than a certain orange-haired cardboard cut-out and Hitsugayass (shit, I said a name, oh well)