1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Commandment Ability

Discussion in 'Nanatsu no Taizai' started by Sixth Ranger, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Sixth Ranger Quantum Power!!

• Love: Anyone who holds hatred in the presence of the wielder will be unable to afflict harm on anyone else.
    • Truth: Anyone who lies in the presence of the wielder will be turned to stone.
    • Faith: Anyone who shows faithlessness in the presence of the wielder will have their eyes set ablaze.
    • Piety: Anyone who shows their back to the wielder is forced into serving the Demon King.
    • Selflessness: Anyone who holds desire from another person loses their memories, emotions, and sense of self.
    • Pacifism: Anyone who kills in the presence of the wielder will have their own time stolen away from them until they die from old age.

Repose, Reticence, Patience, and Purity are still unknown to us.

Love seems like it could be fun. You could be the biggest asshole and no one would be able to do anything to you.

Tags:
  2. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Gotta be Love. The others are either useless or just...dumb.

3. Daio Well-Known Member

Love, just because it's the most useful and the strongest one.

4. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

How is pacifism useless/dumb? It essentially makes your enemy die if they kill any of your teammates (or in Grayroad’s case any of the bugs he unleashes. He can unleash a huge swarm of bugs where if you kill even one of them you get aged to death).

5. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Its dumb because in the grand scheme of things theres so many ways to get around having to kill to win. Sealing, restriction, nulling power, etc.

Its hax, don't get me wrong, I just feel that it wasn't presented all that well. Love is the only one that got a good showcasing. It nulled a Revenge Counter that was meant to wipe out all the Commandments at once, made Ban who'd stolen Esta's strength useless, and even made Gil and the others look like chumps.

6. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

With no knowledge why would you use hax on a swarm of bugs rather than destroy them?

Esta’s commandment requires his opponent to be angry at him. But there are plenty of characters who aren’t easy to anger. Bloodknights who love fighting, coolheaded characters who don’t easily get provoked, emotionless people or robots, etc...

You don’t need knowledge to easily circumvent the Love commandment.

7. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

If we're talking solely the commandments, then I see your point.

But if we're talking about Estarossa himself, that's why he's also equipped with Full Counter.

But there are also characters who only go the hax route, or use it first before looking to kill.

Say it was Minato for instance. He could warp away from the swarm and go before Grayroad to hit it with a Rasengan. Grayroad's commandment would be useless against that combo.

8. xenos5 Objectionable Objection

Grayroad is also made up of one than more demon. Destroying one of Grayroad’s masks was supposed to have aged Merlin to death if not for her ability, Infinity.

And grayroad also has complete sense removal hax with five lost, and spatial chaining preventing escape with Jubaka Ensa.

I imagine if Minato was hit with Jubaka Ensa it’d be seriously debilitating as he’d always be teleported back to the same place after going too far outside a certain range. So he couldn’t freely teleport and his actions would be made a lot more predictable.

If he was hit with Five Lost he’d be completely unable to fight in that state.

Lastly if he destroyed one of Grayroad’s masks he’d get aged to death as anyone else would who doesn’t have a resistance to that hax. It isn’t common for people to have resistance to aging hax either.

9. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

That's assuming he struck the face. Since he normally goes for body blows, that's what I was looking at. And it'd only potentially injure Gray, not kill any part of it.

In an overall fight though you have to remeber that Minato also has summons, is himself a sensor with a 6th sense that wouldn't be effected by Five Lost, and if worse comes to worse he has BM which should be more than powerful enough to break the chains.

You have a point that without knowledge it'd be difficult to beat Gray without killing yourself, and to that I concede where Minato is concerned.

But to my original point, I feel that Pacifism is dumb because of it's portrayl. It mainly only worked on fodder. Against anyone important and it was dealt with wisely. Love worked on the named and the fodder. It's hax, they just didn't sell me on it.