1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Favorite Final Fantasy?

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by CABLE, Oct 24, 2005.

Favorite FF?

1. I, II, or III

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  2. IV

6 vote(s)
    3.1%
  3. V

2 vote(s)
    1.0%
  4. VI

23 vote(s)
    11.9%
  5. VII

68 vote(s)
    35.1%
  6. VIII

37 vote(s)
    19.1%
  7. IIX

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. IX

23 vote(s)
    11.9%
  9. X

28 vote(s)
    14.4%
  10. XI

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  1. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

What your favorite Final Fantasy game? and Why?

Mine is FF9 because I loved how they brought back the old styles from the original FFs and gave it the classical feel. It was also the first FF I ever played so it made a big impression on me. I just loved the whole feel to it. Those of you who've also played it probably know what I mean.

Tags:
  2. Duy Nguyen Turtlin'

No tactics?

I'd say IX, cause it had that old school feel to it.

3. Darko Ero-sennin writes good books

definately ff6, but yeah ff9 did have that nostalgic feel to it, it felt like a 3d ff4...

1st: FF6
    2nd: FF4/FF9
    3rd: FF7

edit: ack i think i voted for 7 by accident =p

Last edited: Oct 24, 2005
  4. Powerman Well-Known Member

I liked 8 the best. I just enjoyed the Battle system and the story. I just enjoyed the game, ALOT.

5. nah-nah Believe it-ttebayo!

Gotta be FFIX for me, although I'm extremely partial to FFVI. That was my very first FF (when it came out as FFIII). I'm really liking FFX though. VII and VIII were good, I just never got around to finishing them. XD

6. Oskar von Reuental ?ロ?

VII was the first one I played, so it wins for me. Others would be VIII and VI

7. volpone n_n

i liked ff7 & ff8

8. Jink Kid :thumbs

without a doubt ff9, it had everything a good rpg needed, its not only my favorite final fantasy, but my favorite RPG and possibly favorite game, great loveable characters, amazing storyline with twists and turns to keep you entertained, fun mini games(alot of them) offering nearly 50 hours of gameplay. I also loved the way everything looked, the towns to explore, the music, the battle system, god i can go on forever, ff9 for the win IMO

9. NarutoUzumaki Supporter of NarutoxHinata

I voted for 7
    How could you not like FF7? It was literally the best playstation game for it's time

10. sperish so?

FFIX is the least significant to me since I don't remember the storyline at all, and 90% of the characters have been erased from my memory...which is sad 'cause I beat it too!! I know more about FFVII than FFIX and my total gameplay for FFVII didn't even reach the plot. >_____>

Going with FFX!! Because it had me believing that newer does mean it's better. Yuna was the first femme I could stand, and I adore her.

Auron kicked ass.
    Sin kicked ass.
    Tidus and Yuna making out kicked ass.

Beautiful game. :amuse

11. waisuke Dark Hikari

my favourite is FFVII, it had great graphics and animation, and loved the characters

12. SillyRabbit123 ...

same here. ff7 had a good story line but its becoming so "corporate" that everyone likes it.....i like individuality so i choose 8 :)

13. martryn Dick in hand

I'd vote Tactics because the story in Tactics was the most realistic and the gameplay was the best. Tactics, while not traditional Final Fantasy, had a system that can not be improved on in any significant way.

Of the ones up there, I vote X. I like the sphere grid and none of the characters annoyed me like they did in every other Final Fantasy game I played (None of the characters in V had a personality, my favorite characters in VI all sucked, Cloud was too full of himself in VII, and I hated the main character in IX). I also like how you could switch out characters in the middle of battle and how all the characters could learn all the abilities on the grid. And how the weapons didn't actually give you bonuses to attack, but rather %'s. And it had a great supporting cast of characters. And blitzball is addicting. And the graphics were awesome. And none of the bosses gave me alot of trouble although some were difficult. I fell in love with X the first time I played it, and I pulled an all-nighter that first time, reaching Bevelle and the sewer thing there before actually quitting.

14. BooYah i love you all..MUAH! xD

ff8 is the shiznit! lol!

15. kage_konoha shadow of the night

FF 8, because squall is my favorite character from the whole series. I also enjoyed the story and the gameplay.

16. Nost Key Framer

I liked 8 the best also. I was the first one i played.
    Also I liked IIX, and VIII, no hold on?:blink what the flaming heck is IIX, wow dont they teach roman numerals these days?

17. NecroAngel Member

FF7, FF8, FFX.

I love FF8 the most because it was the first one I played for some reason... plus Squall is awesome.

18. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

My favorite Final Fantasy within the actual 1-10 is Final Fantasy 8. I love the story, as well as the character who each had their own personalities. The way they decided to tell the story in itself also helped to allow you to engage within the entire experience of the game itself. Everyone had their reason for living, and everyone had their own unique reason to want to fight. The story always gave out new plot twists and new events to go about that alway skept you wanting to play to find out why? Or to play to find out what would happen to the chars that Square did a good job in allowing players to fully identify with in some way, and grow to care about while you spent hours playing the game itself. Truely the best FF Out there, if there was another CG movie made, I hope they made it for 8.

19. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Final Fantasy VI is not only my favorite of the Final Fantasies, it's also the best game of all time, according to me.

After that, Final Fantasy Tactics is awesome.

20. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

Final Fantasy 7 why? One of the best stories ever,CHARACTERS,action,battle system...and sniff..that moment were the whole game world cried...

Final Fantasy 10: The ending was so beautiful,life isn't fair..AND NO in my eyes FFX-2 DOESN T EXIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Fayt Supersonic

1. FFVIII (Because it was the first the first one I played. Even if the story was complicated as all hell.)
    2. FFIX (Because Zidane is a badass.)
    3. FFX (Because the sphere grid rocked.)

22. Lucero del Alba <b> <color=red> THE <blink>notlame</blink> AVENGER

FFVIII ftw...and it's ahead?! In a public poll?! Winning over VII?!

The only system I have liked more was the spere grid, but X was too broken with the damage break. I loved the game to death, especially the story, but once you get that jumping properly the game is the biggest snoozefest there is :/ And that game had the character that annoyed me most of all in Wakka. Damn I hated that guy xD Just as much as I hated Blitzball :laugh

Since I accidentally wrote up why I didn't vote X, I'll leave you with a piccie of squall coming in KHII format [another reason to vote VIII: squall is VA'a by David Boreanaz/Angel in KH :spaz xD]

@ the above post - Zidane was a badass? In what way? Vivi carried that party on his back without even breaking a swet. that one way Zidane was nearly as effective was if you hade stolde 4 million times to get his theivery attack all the way up to 9999. I'm just sad that you gave monkeyass the glory that is rightfully the chibi god of black mages xD

23. moer the worst of the best

gonna find ff x, and viii, thanks for the tips, i've been thinking about which to buy till now

24. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

Wow, lot's of FF8 fans, I'm glad since this game has an amazing and very deep plot, the system is my favorite also.
    FFVI is another great one in the series, can't imagine FF without FF6.
    Those and FFT are my favorite for sure, followed by FFX and FFVII.
    It's hard to me to chose a favorite one though, since I played them all (argth... even MQ).

25. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i would have to say ffVII is my favorite ff.

26. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

-Loved FFX-2...But keeps that to himself >_> and puts up a negative rep sheild so he doesn't get any for liking it-

27. Mongoloid Gnome Endless

Well, you're not the only one. I also happen to like FFX-2. I enjoyed FFX a lot, I think it didn't need a sequel...
    But, FFX-2 is quite fun, it has some of the best mini-games for a RPG in videogame history, ever. And the plot isn't bad either, the way you unfold it is quite cool. Also, the replay is very good.
    The battles are insanily fast too, if you put the ATB speed at full you gonna have to make it happen in the battles, good for a change.

28. Gaara Jr. Gaara's heir

FFX was probably the easiest IMO. It was also the easy to understand and had only a hand full of main characters. Yep, FFX is my favorite.

29. Sakashi Water good, Milktea better

ahh.... VIII and IIX is the same.... lol anyway, i like FF8 the best. Best combat system, best Card system. And the first FF game i played. love it.

30. Manji Yoshimitsu Exorcist

FFVIII by far! FFVII was great too, but VIII had the graphics and the great gameplay, I kinda liked X too, but not that much...