1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Villain Thread

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Mr. Black Leg, Sep 24, 2018.

1. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

So, basically: who's your favorite villain(Include your reasoning) ? Including the Mafia, and of course Stain.

Excluding the GOAT of course, AFO isn't a possible answer because this thread would have no meaning behind it.

My favorite Villain(Of course, outside GOAT for One) is Twice. Can't help but love the guy: he's funny, his background story is pretty amazingly well written, his quirks are amazing(In this context quirk = not the power, but the traits of the character) and really suits the character very well, I think it's one of the most well written characters in BnHA that really gets no love when he should have some more. And his Quirk is OP but still has obvious weaknesses.

I think he would have made a far better successor to GOAT FOR ONE than Bitchomura Shigaraki(I think that Shigaraki is my most hated character in BnHA, dude gets on my nerves).

Twice is everything that is good about a villain tho.

So you guys ?

Tags:
  2. jooleyhooley Member

He's my favourite villain mainly because I find him on the greyer side. While his actions totally qualify him as a villain, the philosophy behind his motivations isn't entirely baseless or wrong. The way society establishes heroes is absent of safeguards that ensure the title of hero is reserved to those with noble intentions, and he doesn't see that as valid or right. His ideology highlights a lot of good questions. What makes an actual hero? Should someone mainly concerned with income gains be considered a hero?

Wanting to cleanse society of false heroes pre-occupied with selfish gains as opposed to the selflessness associated with a true hero isn't even a bad thing; it could even be seen as a desirable thing or as something crucial for the betterment of society. However going about killing people to make that happen isn't exactly the way to go. But it makes for a good villain- one whose actions are reprehensible, but his philosophy is reasonable and sensible. It's a really interesting contrast to me.

3. Sequester Most Prolific Catfish of the Four Kingdoms

That lizard jobber who cosplays as Stain, people be sleeping on my guy... Fuck around and get their kufi smacked.

The Kufi Removal Ceromony has officially commenced.

4. Tenma The Inferno

Shigaraki- he started out as a joke, bluntly put, but his development parallel to Deku's has been really well done. Not to mention even his immaturity can be funny as shit sometimes- him manically roasting Overhaul about how the latter was now the 'powerless "quirk-less man" ' and how he couldn't lift a finger to stop him because he literally didn't have any left was just :mjlol His design is also easily among the best in the series.

Second would be Toga just for being a ton of fun onscreen, and also a highly effective badass and the most competent member of the VA.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2018
  5. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

Looking at the list of villains out there, it's actually really, REALLY hard to pick one. A lot of the villains in this series feel so amazing mainly because they actually feel like a coherent group that is working together, and not just a random group of psychos that will stab each other in the back and do generic shonen bad guy laughs when one of their own members bites the dust (I mean, they're still psychos, but seeing them get pissed at Magnes death was the fucking best).

For now, I'm gonna go with Twice. His comedic personality is great, but it's his backstory and philosophy when he's not all eccentric that really cements him as my fav. He feels like a very grounded individual and he set up a lot of good issues that the current society has. Their dependence on All Might, how heroes only save good people and not guys like Shigaraki or him, the jaywalking metaphor for people committing crimes, how villains gather together together because they're all trash and rejects who cling together for belonging... in only a few chapters, his inner monologues about the MHA world gave a ton of exposition and insight into how this universe works, because his philosophies and ideologies are very grounded in reality, and are blunt about it. He's a very gray character who doesn't necessarily seem evil like Dabi or Shigaraki, but is instead someone who's been chipped away at by the world around him and is in a limbo. He's such a beautiful character, in how he's written and how he is personality wise. And his backstory is perfect, just the right amount of heartstrings pulled.

Oh, and his crush on Toga thinking she's an angel/devil is the purest thing ever, and I will fight anyone who says otherwise. :ufdup

6. Whitebeard

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  7. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
  8. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

He has development, I guess, but ugh, the first impression of him is the one that stood with me.

9. Haruka Katana

Japan
    Catdank Faction:
    aw man, sorry i didn't read the OP whoops :wow

Other than AFO I don't really have a favorite villain :cantrustleme

10. Utopia Realm A Happy Ending!

Toga for me. Pretty incredible quirk, great acrobatic and CQC skills and pretty comfortable among Shiggy's gang.

11. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

I find it funny that people don't like Shigaraki because of his first impression, I actually liked how he was a manchild making videogame references, that shit was hilarious to me. :skully

12. Extravlad Well-Known Member

France
  13. jooleyhooley Member

He would be my second choice, after Hero Killer: Stain. I honestly gravitate towards greyer villains with lots of valid philosophy usually, but other times I love villains like Batman's Joker for his mystique and randomness, which are totally crucial in making him the scariest. It can vary I guess. Lol.

14. Sweetcorn ...DAME DANE DAME YO DAME NA NO YO OoOooOoOO~

I couldn't have said it better. I thought MHA was about to get good

SIKE ARRESTED. :blubwiggle

15. jooleyhooley Member

Yeah, I have to say I was really disappointed Horikoshi pulled the plug on that so soon. He seems to have a knack with not using the characters I find the most fascinating. The same thing happened with
    Spoiler:
    Shinso, though I'm happy to say that has now been rectified.
    I'm hoping the same will eventually happen with Hero Killer: Stain. It's kind of madness not to use him when some of the villains they have been using are pretty terrible IMO. There's a lot of things I'd change about Horikoshi's approach to be honest.

16. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

He's a visionary with a long term goal that would ruin society, and it all stems from repaying a debt to the guy who saved him in the most twisted way possible. The lack of empathy when he told the mafia boss about the grand plan to use Eri's blood to mass produce bullets without hesitation, but the boss was like "dude wtf about the girl". The guy can't even get his groceries without running into a group and torturing them. Great shoes too.

Much better than that itchy smelly fellow competing with the sissy boy hero that he needs tips from.

17. Courier Six Patrolling the mojave almost makes you wish for a nuclear winter

Flag:
    Egypt, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Serbia, Russia, Portugal, Germany, France, England, Denmark, Croatia, Belgium, Uruguay, Peru, Colombia, Brazil, Argentina, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Japan, Iran, Australia, Panama, Mexico, Costa Rica, Tunisia, Senegal, Nigeria, Morocco, Sokovia, Poland, Iceland, Barbados, Canada, China, United States, Grenada, Guyana, Jamaica, Puerto Rico, Trinidad and Tobago
    Catdank Faction:
    It's a toss-up between Toga and Twice though I do gravitate to Twice more tbh.

18. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

I feel like Stain works the best because he hasn't been in the spotlight 24/7. "Something something, absence makes the heart grow fonder, something something," and all that jazz.

Having us focus on the other characters and factions I think has been a smart idea as it's showcased just how messed up the society really is, and actually adds strength to Stains words. If we had ditched Shiggy for Stain, we probably wouldn't have had the new LoV, meaning Twice wouldn't have been around, and he's a perfect example of the type of characters discarded by this society. It's as he says, "heroes only save good people", a phrase that helps strengthen Stains philosophy on how the word "hero" has lost it's meaning. Same with Overhauls group. We see that half of the 8 precepts only joined Overhaul because they were discarded by the current fake hero society. Without either of these factions, Stains words and actions would not nearly be as strong as they were.

With Stain being showcased early on in the story, he's allowed for an even bigger setup and escalation of events, he's a catalyst for society, a trigger if you will. I feel he's gonna have his time to shine later, but I think having him as the main villain would've caused things to drag somewhat.

19. jooleyhooley Member

I agree with this. It's not so much that I wanted Hero Killer: Stain and not these other villains, or Hero Killer: Stain to be the lead villain. I just wish he wouldn't have entirely disappeared, or entirely disappeared this fast.

If the intent is to use present circumstances as fuel for his eventual return, I think that will be pretty cool though. I hope it comes to that.

20. Kellogem Well-Known Member

Overhaul, I like how he is not a bloodlusted crazy one, more like a pragmatic sociopath who is a reasonable business guy on the surface. Killing for him is just like disposing trash, he finds no enjoyment in it, just do it cause it had to be done. He is all kind of twisted, it doesnt even occur to him what he is doing is wrong, humans are just resources to him. yet he is all fixated on making the yakuza great again out of misplaced "gratitude" and with his mindset it all makes sense even if it involves turning his well-doer a vegetable and experimenting on her grand daughter. Its like his mind doesnt make certain connections. Also the whole haphephobia and mysophobia aspect is interesting, as well as thinking everyone is sick, and the whole plague doctor motive. Has great design, and the fact he had wisdom and planned things out so well and achieved so much while having these subpar pawns such as the shitty yakuza is respectable, while in comparison Shigaraki is just wasting his first rate pawns. maybe he should have actually listened to Overhaul and learn something about managing his organization.
    One thing I was not too fond of is his quirk, too OP, but at least the Nemoto-fused version of him looked sick thanks to that.

Also I like Dabis personality, design and powers, but dont know enough about his ideology and motivations yet.

21. Crow Konoha's Yellow Flash

Kurogiri, has a badass quirk is level headed and should take over for Shigaraki.

22. Luiz Well-Known Member

Speaking of villains, I think it would make more sense for Stain to respect Aizawa than All Might.

After all, his definition of "true hero" is one who rejects fame.

23. Kellogem Well-Known Member

why does he think Endeavor is a phony again? he doesnt give a crap about fame and popularity.

I think Stain havent made a lot of sense, his aspects determining the worth of a hero were all random, sometimes its attitude, sometimes its strength - nothing suggests Ingenium had the wrong hero attitude - sometimes its trying to be popular, than other times he is willing to give a hero a pass if he excels at any of these even if fails at others.

24. Sir Curlyhat Well-Known Member

25. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

I also find it hard to believe All might isn't knee deep in $$$

26. WorldsStrongest The wait is Over

Canada
    Prolly Stain or Overhaul

Dabi might get bumped up once he gets more developed

27. Sixth Ranger Well-Known Member

Stain, Dabi, and Overhaul 3 way tie. They look badass and they are badass pretty simple reasons.

28. Gohara Ryutoshi

Dabi.
    Twice.
    Chisaki. :p
    Stain.

29. Yoshua #1 Kale Fan

I'm surprised how many people like Overhaul. I had gotten a vibe that people hated him, but it makes me pleasantly surprised that people enjoyed him.

30. Fry J Vigilant

Rappa
    Muscular
    Stain
    Dabi