1. img
    Come join the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 17th at 11:59 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

FCC divorced from reality

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by drache, Jun 6, 2007.

1. drache

I was looking for more information, but I know that Bush and Cheney were used as examples, Cheney for telling a memeber of Congress to 'Go f*** yourself' and Bush for telling Hamas to 'knock that s*** off'. The court ruled that since the words were being used for more then thier literal meanings and they were in the heat of the moment; comments similairly made couldn't be fined. I particularly thought it funny that the court called the FCC divorced from reality.

Tags:
  2. AbnormallyNormal

yeah good for the new york appeals court, the fcc is NOT my dad lol

3. neko-sennin

A handful of super-conservatives using "E-mail Bunshin no Jutsu" (for the lion's share of these "thousands" of angry e-mails are form letters that can be traced back to a much smaller group of senders) does not constitute a majority. It just illustrates that those who bitch the loudest about this sort of thing just have no life and nothing better to do with their time. I would like to thank the US Appeals Court for upholding the rights of the rest of viewing population.

4. DemonAbyss10

I say the FCC just need to go suck it, Rediculous rules and laws and systems that just arent worth having. If ya want to protect kids from how shit in the real world is, i say put the in a plastic bubble, and make them stay in a room with no lights or sounds 24/7.

I hate how certain groups try to force thier views on everyone, especially the FCC.