1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Females and Bloodline Limits

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by taboo, Aug 3, 2005.

1. taboo verbal terrorist

I have a theory that Females aren't able to use a bloodline limit, or at least do not carry the genes.

For example:

Say a female of the Uchiha Clan were to marry into a different family. Would her children be able to use Sharingan? Since that's a trait only known to the Uchiha, I'd say not, so the only option would be that the dominant genes for Sharingan existed in males only. Females probably have the recessive.

And also, we have yet to see a female with a bloodline limit. I forgot about Hinata. And when I say recessive/dominance, I don't mean that females are weaker, a recessive gene just means that in the presence of a different dominant gene it won't show up. It has no affect on the Limit whatsoever.

What do you think?

(sorry if this has been brought up before. ^^; I did a search and didn't see anything similar...)

Last edited: Aug 4, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Toshi Umezawa New Member

Wrong. Hinata can use her bloodline, just not very effieciently. Sasuke's mother was also a Jounin so she must of had control over her bloodline.

3. taboo verbal terrorist

Doh! I forgot about Hinata. Well, it must be recessive genes then.

4. Bass dream chaser

Well, Haku's mom carried his bloodline limit. But she wasn't a ninja/fighter, though.

5. Dyroness x

Well, but that doesn't prove every female can't be good with bloodlines - see Uchiha Mikoto, Sasuke's mother; she's a jounin. :nuts

6. Vanguard Always one step ahead

Sakus mother wasnt even married to one of her clan memers and still haku got the bloodline

7. Freakness Cry, Benihime !

Also , if i remember right , and help me out here people , in the chuunin exam , Hiashi tells Hanabi that Neji is the most talented shinobi over the Hyuuga clan, even more than her sister, and most likely more than her, which makes Hanabi looks totally surprised . That probably means, that Hanabi's sister is a talented Hyuuga female shinobi, which probably can use the Bloodline limit very well .

8. kapsi Banned

Both female Hyugas we saw have byakugan..

9. Chatulio Senex

its never said sasukes mom had the sharingan, u dont need a bloodline to be a jounin just very skilled :amuse

10. chauronity ビリーバット

Sasuke's mother did not have the sharingan, cos the Uchihas marry into a different family. She wasn't an original Uchiha and therefore could not possess the sharingan (without implanted ones). It'd be weird for Fugaku to pick his wife from his own family... like Hyuuga's do.

But, there are skilled jounin-womans without any bloodline, like Anko, Kurenai, Tsunade etc... so Mikoto might just have been a great kunoichi like those people.

EDIT: ofcourse she can be an original Uchiha also. It just feels like she would be...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  11. gunk BAM!

Did it really say that Sasuke's mom is from outside the clan? (like in the databook because it damn well wasn't said in the manga.) She definitely looks like she's from the Uchiha clan - same black hair and black eyes.

Also a clan can be big enough so that marrying someone from the same clan is so many relations removed that it's hardly considered i*c*st, especially if it's an old clan. I'd like to think that Sasuke and Itachi's sharingan skills and potential is because of both parent's genes. For both of them to be skilled the way they are in sharingan has to be from a unique combination of inheriting good genes from both mom and pop.

Edit: Actually I guess we don't know what the typical Uchiha look is, if there is one. Although Sasuke's mom and dad do look really similar...

Last edited: Aug 3, 2005
  12. Sobe \m/

This has got to be the most ridiculous case of sexism I have ever seen. Hinata fought Neji using the bloodline limit, and as already mentioned Sasukes mom was Jounin and looks like a native Uchiha. I agree that the manga seems to be rather sexist when it comes to showing female clan members (eg. Kimimaros clan, not one girl), but they are out there, and are just as talented as males.

As far as the whole "transfering the genes", Naruto is not a Hentai (unfortunetely) so I don't think anyone knows that :p

13. perrymecium Member

I don't think it's sexist to say girls don't carry bloodline limits. Women in Naruto and the real world have better things to do with themselves than develop powers to make them more efficient and destructive killers. Leave that stupidity along with football to the men.

That said, there are some female characters that clearly do carry bloodline limits and family abilities, and the best examples are Hinata and Ino.

And how many men carry bloodline limits or family abilities? Sasuke/Itachi, Neji, Shikamaru, Chouji, Haku, and Kimimaro. Pretty slim list too, if you ask me.

But the series has blurred the "bloodline limit" concept pretty severely. It's not that exclusive because Kakashi can use the Sharingan. It's not that common even among family members because only Kimimaro fought with a bone and Itachi achieved a superior level of Sharingan to the rest of the Uchiha. And they're not that great because none of the Kage-level ninja in the series has one.

Even worse, as I listed above, some family members have it exclusively in their realm - could anybody learn Kage Mane no Jutsu or Baika no Jutsu if they only hung out with those families long enough? Or is a family ability also a bloodline limit?

And where do people with special techniques only they can use fit in (Shodaime's tree technique, Chidori/Rasengan)? An answer might be that those skills can be acquired by others using Anko as an example.

14. Dyroness x

You see how dependant Uchihas are of their Sharingan.
    Considering the clan is old and big enough to have marriages from members, considering the Uchiha clan doesn't like losers / late Sharingan bloomers, and considering (yet again) that to marry the Uchiha heir one must be a powerful woman, yes - Mikoto probably had the Sharingan.

15. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

Hinata = Hanabi's Sister

16. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

a clan consists of many families(except the Hyuugas which only have 2)...so one Uchiha marrying another from a different family would not be considered i*c*st.

the Hyuugas are fucking sick though.

17. taboo verbal terrorist

Whoa there bucky, I wasn't trying to be sexist. (being a female myself) I forgot about the Hyuugas when I posted it and if you had read a little further you would have seen I had already retracted that.

o____o Don't be silly. I'm not talking about sex, I'm talking about the genetic makeup. Let me explain my theory better:

The chromosomes 'XY' and 'XX' will determine if a child is male or female. (XY=Male/XX=female) Now I belive that the 'dominant gene' for the Bloodline Limit(BLL) exists on the 'Y' chromosome and the Recessive exists on the 'X'. Now if a male with a BLL marries and has children, the Bloodline limit will show in the child because of the gene's dominance. However, if a female with a BLL has a child with someone outside of the clan, then the Limit will not show up because of the gene's recessiveness. (However this dosen't include mutations.) I'm not saying that Sasuke's mom didn't have the trait, I'm just saying if she did then she must have already been an Uchiha to begin with because only Uchiha blood carries the bloodline limit.

This would explain why a trait is exclusive to a certain clan only(Since women usually marry into familes and take their husband's name). Think about it. The more people that left the clan, the less exclusive the trait would be. Eventually it wouldn't be exlusive at all.

18. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

Hinata and Hinabi prove that females are capable of carrying bloodlines, but from what we've seen neither of them compare to the male members of the family.

This could be because females receive equal DNA from both mother and father balancing them more or just because Kishimoto wanted it this way.

19. Sobe \m/

I think that they are made weaker than the males (aka Neji) to demonstrate how the branch family has equal strength when compared to the head family. I think Hinata and Hanabi being women are merely coincidence, or Kishimoto did it so that Naruto would finally start to notice Hinata during her fight with Neji, and we all know how Hinata feels about Naruto

20. meekozy RETARD

What about Ino? She can use the yamanaka clan's bloodlines! Shintenshi and even Shinranshin

21. Marysmary Mail Carrier!

Wow. I didn't think about it like THAT..*shudders* I don't think I can look at Neji and Hinata the same way...

22. Hanabi559 New Member

As a girl, I can't believe you would make a thread like this, this makes women look so inferior, weaker, and less talented compared to men, In real life things don't actually work like that, and even if you had good intentions when making this, this is so demeaning and ridiculous...

23. Nyat d20 Nerd

Its already been pointed out that Haku got his bloodline limit from his mom, this theory is shot down, end of story, no need for further discussion.

24. Therahedwig Parodie Nin

As a girl, I find you are overreacting.

This is all nice and sweet and stuff, and it could be like that, but then there would no doubt also be maternal bloodline limits, who probably are named differently, because unless you have proof that the Y-chromosone is the only one carying the physical traits(which it obviously isn't, consdering women are X/X) the possibillity that there are X-chromosones with bloodline limits engraved into them is high.

My theory is that either the women are carefully monitored after they left the clan, or that female clan members who have proved that they have a bloodline limit can pass on their name to their childeren.
    I mean, look at Hinata, she has her clan's bloodline limit and she's the main house's heiress!

EDIT:
    I forgot another point with this:
    1. A clan is like another word for a tribe, there's no real difference between tribe and clan other then that 'clan' sounds fancier. So it's possible to marry someone from the same clan without him/her being too close in your genetic pool.
    2. It is most likely that when Konoha was yet to be found, the clans lived apart anyway, 5they did so in ancient japan, so I also think they did in ancient Naruto world...
    3. This one is pure spectaculation, I think that the Ninja clans also picked orphaned childeren up from the battlefield for training, thus making their genetic pool bigger. This could also explain why there are families in Naruto that don't seem to have anything special about them(Haruno).
    This could also explain why when Naruto was orphaned he was never in a orphanage.(The fact Naruto was never adopted has to do with the japanese culture and their dislike for orphans...)

Last edited: Apr 18, 2006
  25. The Fourth Hokage Shinobi Perfection

Nah because if women only had the recessive trait then the trait wouldn't manifest in them. Hinata and Hinabi are perfect examples that it does manifest in the women as well.

26. Neji <marquee><font color="yellow"><b>▪ GB Prodigy ▪</b

hinata has a byakugan.........