1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

FF7 Talking Place ^.^

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by [sephir], Feb 12, 2005.

1. [sephir] Red Mage

Official [Final Fantasy 7] Discussion Thread

Square Soft's One and Only

Long recognized as role-playing games par excellence, the Final Fantasy series gets a technological makeover in this installment (and series debut on the PlayStation). Shedding the two-dimensional graphics and limited sound capabilities of its predecessors, Final Fantasy VII features lush 3-D graphics, beautifully animated "movie" sequences, and soundtrack-quality music. Coupled with the game's intricate storyline, endearing characters, and immense yet highly imaginative world, these new advancements make for a quite an engrossing experience.

The story of Final Fantasy VII centers around a solider named Cloud Strife, who joins forces with Avalanche, a group of resistance fighters, to take down an evil mega-corporation known as Shinra. (The fate of the world hangs in the balance, of course.) Truly epic in scope, this four-disc game requires a considerable amount of time to complete---this reviewer gladly gave up over 80 hours of his life to finish it. But it's definitely a rewarding adventure that every PlayStation owner should consider undertaking, especially since it's now one of the low-priced "Greatest Hits" titles. --Joe Hon

Pros:

* Intricate and absorbing storyline with endearing characters
    * Immense and highly imaginative game world
    * Special battle system
    * Beautifully animated movie sequences

Cons:

* Your friends and family may feel neglected

Last edited: Sep 19, 2006
    Tags:
  2. MechaTC Mike, The Genius Penguin

are you "special"? :laugh

This isn't the right area for this.

3. demonicduck dont assume.

my chocobo stable is all gold chocobos. cloud, barret, red 13, and tifa are all lvl 99. i didn't even shark.

4. martryn Dick in hand

While this was the most groundbreaking of the series and a real turning point in the FF archives, I still think that nine, ten, and tactics are better games. I think my opinion of this one would go up if they rereleased it with new graphics and some extra goodies.

5. Ino_Pig Live transmission

Congrats. I lent the game of a friend awhile ago and didn't manage to complete it before having to give it back. :( Although, I am currently on the look out for it. :p I will find that game and complete it! Afterall it is one of my favourites.

Edit: :) Yeah, it would be good if they did up the graphix and re-released it. I don't think I'd want there to be some extras thrown in if they changed the game. Since it's a good game already.

6. demonicduck dont assume.

isn't it being remade?

7. Shonin Paladin/Ninja

Yup. For PSP. Then again you can always buy it for a low price for PS1.

8. set New Member

FF7 is the worst game ever made. Period.

9. Cinnabon Fluffy White Candy

Whats to talk about? Best Game Ever Made to date, in my opinion, I would still take it over FF10 even with shittyer graphix ;)

10. Ino_Pig Live transmission

How is it the worst ever game made? The graphics are out dated now but where the best in it's time. Especially with the use of 3-D graphics. The storyline is great, also the hours of gameplay. Also, 'caused an uprising in RPG fans. Ask anyone. I really can't see how this was the worst game ever made... :blink

11. martryn Dick in hand

Yeah, its not my favorite FF game, but it was definitely the best thing that ever happened to the series. I like the gameplay in the later games more, and I can't play it now because of the graphics, but I thought that the story was the best, the villians were cool, and they weren't afraid to kill off a major character right at the beginning. The game in that regard is awesome.

If they rereleased it with updated graphics but kept the story and gameplay the same I would buy it again. And when I talk about putting new stuff in it, I mean like new minigames and some cool new cut scenes.

12. Gunshin Chocoball Mukai!!111

In America maybe. Final Fantasy was always big in Japan, especialy VI. The storyline was decent, but a little too complicated for a lot of people. Theres so many people who think Sephiroth killed Aeris, its laughable. FiF8-X-2 have a better story IMO.

13. cupnoodles Justice Flonne

i thought ff7 was cool. i really didn't like ff9 or ffx2 though. what sucked though was when i first played it, i borrowed a psx from my friend cuz i didn't have one at the time, but his psx was so bust up, i had to watch aeris die and kill jenova 36 times for the damn machine to finally work and progress on to disc 2

14. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

In a way, the graphics are part of the reason that the game is good.

Also, I still don't understand how anyone in this world can say FFVIII is better than VII.

15. Brandt And Beyond

Final Fantasy VII is the bomb! Best FF game I ever played, and right now I'm eargerly awaiting the movie, Advent Children.

16. Rain2 Guest

FFVII is over-rated. The game is sooo old now im tired of people just complaining about how good the game "WAS". Thats right, I said that! Anyone wanna start sumthin'!? :p

Seriously though... WTF? It was good in its time... times changed... leave it in the past already...

17. sharingan7 ^_^

well i beat it when it first came out and thats it hahahahahahahahaha ,good game though but not as good as secret of mana!!!!

18. martryn Dick in hand

I'm ashamed to say this, but I have never beat a FF. Ever. I've been to the last bosses on V, VII, IX, X, Tactics and said, "well, that was a good game." I think in the back of my mind I didn't beat them so I would have an excuse to play them again. I seriously have played through X three times but haven't beaten it.

Last time I brought it to my folks place over the holidays and my little brother saved over my game. I lost 26 hours of gameplay since my backup save file. Haven't had the desire to play it through again.

19. Cinnabon Fluffy White Candy

I still say "is" I play that sucker over every other year, great expirience.

20. Ino_Pig Live transmission

I guess it's all down to individual opinions.

I've completed FFX and 9. I'm right at Ultimecia on 8 and I only got halfway through 7. **Sniff** I also got to the end of FFX-2 then saved over the slot by accident. I've not been able to get back into since..

21. Cinnabon Fluffy White Candy

FF7 was like terminator 2, nobody was paid to write a script, it was just pure, beautiful inspiration.

All the other FF's after that were like the matrix sequels, paid to write the scripts crap.

22. korican04 ftp-nin

FFT is the best ! next to chrono trigger.

HAs anyone played X-2, what is the plot of this game, i started it and i don't know what is going on, i'm just running around getting some gay spheres and changing dresses in battle.

23. Ino_Pig Live transmission

Yeah I've played FFX-2. The plot is basically Yuna, Paine and Rikku running around in hope that Yuna will be reunited with Tidus. The reason you get the spheres is because of Shuyin, Shuyin is the guy in the spheres that they think is Tidus. If I continue i'll only end up spoiling the game for you. But, it IS a good game.

24. Rain2 Guest

May I ask why? I mean you already know what will happen... So I doubt you will shed a tear for -her- death all over again. Why try to grab ever item in the game all over again if you've already done it? And why continue to fight the pain-in-the-ass Weapons?

I had fun with it about three times... I stopped years ago...

25. Nyx New Member

Fanboys have pretty much killed FFVII for me. The only reason I ever play it anymore is for Vincent (mega Vincent fangirl here), and once Dirge of Cerberus comes out, I'll never have to play it again.

One fanboy actually had the nerve to say that FFVII was the "first Final Fantasy, no, the first RPG, with a dark storyline."

I wanted to hit him SO bad.

26. Hayate Dropped as a baby

Why let idiots spoil a great game? :\

27. ^SereGod// - Sleepless -

I've completed VIII, IX, X and X-2, but unfortunately not VII.

VII is definately my favourite in the series. It just has a great storyline, it grasps you, and you get all caught up in it.

Same thing happened to me with VIII, i was all worried about The guys i sent to that Rocket-base thingy. It was and is more than your average game.

At least thats what id say.

28. Nyx New Member

Well, then there's also the fact that I've played it way too much and none of it has any pull on me anymore... The worst thing about FFVII is that it's not really all that versatile. It's not like, say, FFT, where you can do something completely different with your characters every time. Now THAT'S an RPG.

29. Hayate Dropped as a baby

Too bad FFT isn't out here :(

I suppose its all in tastes really, I have played FFVII to death and done everything but everytime I enjoy playing it, though I am not one who will say I have completed it 3486960962096 times, as I haven't :p But I have completed it more than any other FF or RPG for that matter.

30. cupnoodles Justice Flonne

fft is a great game and everything, but it gets extremely easy by the end. it's like even ramza can take on the whole battlalions of enemies by himself without doing the lvlup/lvl down trick.
    ffx2 was lame!!!!! when all three girls apeared together, with yuna running in a jumping like that, i had no idea what square wanted me to think, but i was thinking along the lines of "wtf?" after that, they did this weird pose together wuz all "Y! R! P!". i thought i was watching charlie's angels or something. if they were gonna do something like that, they should've made it R.Y.P. you know, like R.I.P.