1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Fillers or Not?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Sylar, Jun 2, 2007.

Will they show fillers or not?

1. No way is the dub dumb enough to show fillers.

5 vote(s)
    10.4%
  2. :sigh: They'll probably show them all. Damn it.

26 vote(s)
    54.2%
  3. They'll show only the half-decent ones like Raiga's arc.

10 vote(s)
    20.8%
  4. Who the hell cares?!?!

7 vote(s)
    14.6%
  1. Sylar Sovereign Slayer

This is basically just me wondering whether you think the dub will show the 100 or so episodes of filler.

So will they or won't they and if they did or only showed a couple of the filler arcs and not all of them, would you watch it?

Tags:
  2. dkirbyj Kuwhahaha

If they are to show any filler episodes, they would show the first(I think this had some important canon material) and the last.

It's still hard to tell what Viz will do... :p

3. Shirker Life & Hometown

I don't think they will. If they do, they'll probably show the first few and stop when ratings get too low. I don't think that'll be the case though, considering to extreme complaining they will get from Naruto fans

4. Shark Skin The Heart[broken]

I can only hope that they show the half decent ones. That won't happpen, but I don't think Viz/CN would be dumb enough to show them all... right?

5. Smash_2451 Member

As I've said before, I think that Viz would show every single filler not only for monetary purposes, but because people who don't even watch Naruto would probably like them for the humor.

I doubt they'd get complains from Naruto fans because the dub only access half of those fans won't even know that the episodes ARE filler until their sub access friends come and give them this sermon about how "Fillers are this" and "Fillers are that". Some of the fillers they're going to have to show, anyway, since some show progression of the storyline.

I don't know how Viz thinks or if it's ever responded to anything that its diehard Naruto fans have asked for. Somehow, the fillers will be played, but personally, I'm willing to sit and watch every single one. Why? I think that even though one or two were a bit stupid and pointless (IE, Using *insert attack not named yet on dub* to help prepare ramen), but the others I got into and could put up with.

Think about it: If Viz chose to air one filler arc and skip all the way to another one, how would they explain the "Next Episode" preview at the end that shows an entirely different arc? They certainly couldn't say "Oh, the diehard Naruto fans who already saw the fillers are holding us up with water guns and plastic knives" and be done with it. If they show them all or a few, it'll be because Viz wanted to. It shouldn't really affect those who have seen them already because wouldn't their focus be on the subtitled Naruto?

Hell, if anything, I think Viz should skip most of the Bountou arc in Bleach. That, to me, was entirely too boring to watch and not at all interesting (except maybe the Inoue v. Rukia fight and some of the funnier moments from the fillers). I think it's a safe bet that the Bountou arc will be dubbed because so many elements from it are tied into the canon episodes.

Regardless of what Viz does when it comes to Naruto fillers, they'll always have viewers. How bad were the ratings for the Japanese Naruto when it was airing? And if someone knows, could they provide actual proof as opposed to generic "Who cares?! They sucked!!"?

6. Purgatory Banned

Worst case scenario is that they air all of the fillers. However, the ones they NEED to show are related to the main story (Not saying which ones, though). I'll be fine if they air some of it, but if they plan to air all of it, they're going to be constantly bitched out at.

7. JeffStudios Member

They're gonna show all of them.
    Even if they suck or not.
    Since the fillers are part of the animated series they have to.

Unless it gets cancelled.

But theres always going to be Shippuuden to look foward to.

8. Purgatory Banned

Don't forget that Viz Media will be publishing more Manga, meaning that part, meaning some of them won't be stupid enough to just watch the entire God Damned filler season.

Like I said, some dubbers read the manga.

You're either brave, or crazy. I vote on retarded. And also, that episode was epic failure, just like most of the others.

Thanks to the technology we have now, the possibilities are endless!

Oh, screw you. The Bountou Arc was a Godsend compared to the season of Naruto fillers I had to fucking endure. Have you forgotten the Mayuri V.S. Baura fight? Kariya V.S. Byakuya V.S. Ichigo? The only thing I DIDN'T like about that arc was the stupid mod souls.

Not always. There are always those animes of which viewers will lose interest in, even when it's in canon. I can somehow tell this filler season will mean the end of Naruto. By the way, if I do re-call, when the fillers started/ended, they were around 4 rating-wise.

9. Smash_2451 Member

Look, I've heard arguments left and right about why the Bountou arc is this amazing arc, but that's their views.

It didn't keep me engaged at all and to me, it fell short after the Soul Society arc. Hell to ME was enduring that Bountou arc and if they showed it dubbed, I'd skip it. I'll keep it at that as opposed to debating over the Bountou arc. That's not the main focus.

10. Kisuke_Urahara Gamabunta Fanboy

Viz has listened to the fans regarding the whole 'believe it' thing and took it out. If they did do the fillers, I'd hope they air like 2 episodes a week maybe. It would be risky to them if they did the same 1/week schedule as they are now. ~85 episodes where it's not really supposed to advance the storyline is a bit much. I don't care if they do a crappy, rush job with the fillers, just get them over with fast if they keep them!

11. Homura Puella Magi

I wouldn't be surprised if they do since Viz is already accelerating the production of the manga with part being 2 being released in January of 2008. So they might skip the fillers all together and probably just release them through DVD.

12. Purgatory Banned

I just don't understand how some people can like most of the Naruto fillers compared to the Bountou Arc. Don't you remember Laughing *Cough* Arc? Tony The Tiger? the Hoshikage Arc?

13. Sylar Sovereign Slayer

Look some of the fillers were decent like the Raiga arc, Bikochu arc, Sea Country arc, and a couple of others but most of them were just awful beyond reason.

The one where Shino was laughing and the one where Ino gets pissed on by Naruto were just horrible beyond words. No excuse justifies putting that kind of crap on the air.

Showing the movies would be a better move.

14. Shark Skin The Heart[broken]

That's an interesting option.

15. delirium thyme

16. Saya - - - - ♥ ;

If they did show the fillers, the ratings would drop.

17. Haruno Sakura Uchiha Sasuke's Wife

I'm sure they'll show all of them... I mean, from their standpoint, why wouldn't they? They're still episodes of the show.

D: I wish they wouldn't though...

18. Purgatory Banned

Ugh...the Raiga Arc was shit. The end of Bikochuu Arc ruined it for me, and Sea Country just bored me to death. I actually liked when Ino got pissed on, at least Naruto had the balls to give her a goldenshower *CoughCoughSakuraCough*

19. Shmee Guest

i hope not, it would b tight if the dub went straight from part 1 to shippuden

20. Jyunin_Kyuubigrl #1 Cloud Kunoichi

Unfortunately they'll probably show all the fillers just bc they can milk the dub lovers desire to see the show and we will suffer through every single horrible filler arc....the good and the bad.

21. cloudsymph I am MELON-LORRRRD!!!!!

i was playing around on a anime distributor forum for the nz aus regions and one of the big guns from that company said something about the probability of it being shown is like 90%. just due to the fact there are a few scenes mixed into the fillers that link to naruto leaving ...etc etc. also there will be complaints from those who watch the dub only. "why didn't we get the fillers, blah blah blah." and when they get fillers they will be like "omg that was such a waste why did they have to put fillers in" anyways it's not that bad for them since they get 5 eps a week right?

22. Tmb04 P-I-M-P

They'll probably show them all, but than again who the hell cares? I dont watch them to began with

23. Deniz Freedom

It's highly possible that they will show it. (not that I care...)

24. Jυstin ♦ R E N E G A D E ♦

They will not show them. The purpose of showing them in Japan(and the subbed versions online) was because the Anime was catching up to the Manga. They made the fillers to slow it down and let the Manga get ahead. In America, this is not the case, since the Manga is MUCH farther ahead than the episodes.

25. docterjoy :[)

They're moving pretty slow, the only filler i think they might show is the one about the Tea Contry.

26. Sara Banned

I hope not. I watch the dub also. If they didn`t show the fillers, they`d be catching up pretty fast.

27. natwel Deux Ex Machina Lolz

I don't think they will because

1) too many complaints
    2) too much money

if they do show them, they're idiots.

28. Sylar Sovereign Slayer

I said half-decent, not good. :wink

As for Ino's shower....

Wrong on so many levels. :iik

29. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Yes, I do think they will show the filler episodes, why not make the series stretch out while they can.

30. Kyou Just a little awesome.

I think they'll do it.
    Waste of animation, etc. etc...

'-'... Plus dub watchers may like it; like me I read manga and that but I like the fillers simply because you see more of the characters, Ino being my favourite, but not just her other characters get involved which is better then constant Sakura, Naruto and generic angsty emo here '-'.