1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Fillers

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Moose, Sep 27, 2006.

1. Moose Banned

Why do you guys hate fillers so much? Even though they don't relate to the manga they are still fun to watch.

Tags:
  2. Toffeeman I WILL EAT YOU

lol, no they arent...

Finally gave up at 199 personally. *shrugs* i tried..

3. Chee Haters Gonna Hate

The animation is horrible, plot is bad, and its just not entertaining. It keeps repeating itself in every arc.

Bottom line is they suck.

4. Taffer lol wut

I expect you'll find some answers here:

Saiyaman is your friend

Other than that, we really don't need another topic like this :cry

5. T4R0K Searching for a custom title

My eyes started bleeding after the 3rd filler after they stopped following the manga.

6. Catterix is a super awesome

Well first off, the word filler is just a universally hated and dreaded word in anime. People made a fuss even before it started in Naruto, but meh.

I wasn't aware of this, I just knew fillers weren't real storyline. However, the storylines have quickly deteriorated and have become not fun to watch. This is for a multiple of reasons, some of it being the lower quality animation in alot of episodes, lack of good writing, characters doing things they normally wouldn't and not behaving as we know them, characters being humiliated, repetitive storylines and just an overall boringness.

I still refuse to give up, but I do agree that when you wait a whole week for something... that you don't care about, it gets boring. I remember at the end of an episode in the Mizuki arc, it ended in a cliffhanger and I realised that I just didn't care. When its something like that, with no progressive storyline, and you actually don't enjoy what you're watching, and then it continues to go on, people get irritated :p

7. Moose Banned

Well I find them fun to watch maybe it's just because I don't read the manga.

8. Chix teh pwnerer

They aren't. They really aren't.

Even before I realized they were filler, seeing as I don't read the manga and would have no way to know, I knew something wasn't right.

9. PIB-Chaotic Bringer of Infinite Justice

Your failure defies rational thought. -.-

10. ☆Indigo☆ totally high on PoT

I kinda agree...in a way.
    I don't see why some people won't give them a chance, at least. (aimed towards the people who haven't even watched them but automatically say they suck because they're filler. I know there are some of those people out there...)
    I don't like people that say 'they're bad because they're filler'. Ok, it's not from the manga, and we all want them to show part 2 already, but just because they're filler doesn't mean they're bad.
    There are many other reasons why Naruto fillers are bad, however. xD I'm not saying the fillers are awesome or anything. Most of the time, the animation is sub-par. The storylines aren't all that good...
    I've watched them all, and honestly, I didn't think some of them were too bad. Ok, Tony the Tiger sucked. The Star Village bored me to the point where I was seriously considering skipping the rest of the arc. Thrown Rasengan sucked; Naruto beating the ninja with his headband was just lame. But I found a few of the arcs really interesting...like the first one, the most recent one (well, up until the lame ending.), the Gai vs Lee one...

11. Jenna Berry 100% juice

Fillers have little to no thought, they have HORRIBLE animation, and the person who thought a Rasengan could be thrown should be shot:notrust
    Less then ten are considered good.

Go read the manga. Then say that fillers are 'fun'.

12. Tapp Zaddaz Avy by Anarch

Thats because some people just watch a few bad episodes and then decide that every episode sucks. If some filler episodes have bad animation then they all have bad animation. They take mistakes that could easily be in any episode and blow it out of proportion. They Blame the filler for stuff that happens in the manga too(i.e. Naruto using you-know-what alot)

13. Fojos Lick

Some fillers can be good, and they can be good to have sometimes, but fillers for like what, 1 and a half year now..? No

14. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I watch the anime and read the manga and I still like the fillers.

15. Seany Banned

They are just very predictable at times, not to mention the villians are bad, the rasengan spam, and even the humour they add gets old fast. Like Naruto and his toilet troubles.

Not all fillers are bad though, i like afew.

16. Catterix is a super awesome

Indeed, very true, like I said as well, because people just hate filler, they automatically will happily flame it. And through bad experience they're happy to generalise. This being a good example:

I admit, I've been watching One Piece, and I've skipped all the filler episodes, because I wanted to get on with the main story.

The only problem with the Naruto Fillers is that these people... aren't actually *wrong* The animation is below par with the canon story, there have been some wierd and desperately bad attempt at a story and characters have been embarrassed. I enjoy the fillers because I'm not someone who holds the show sacred to the point of retardation. Like people now who are angry that Sasuke is in the latest filler simply because he didn't appear in the manga for ages... Who cares? Its a show, Its understandable why they did that anyway, and its not like it ruins the show...

17. ☆Indigo☆ totally high on PoT

O____O
    *goes to download the raw* Screw the sub, I seriously need to see Sasuke...xDDD

18. L O V E L E S S

Because most people would rather the actual storyline animated. =]

Then you're missing out. ALOT. -__-'; :p

Try reading the manga, soon enough you'll be hating the fillers too. x]