1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Final Fantasy or Legend of Zelda

Discussion in 'NF Archives' started by Hylian, Oct 15, 2006.

FF or Zelda?

1. Final Fantasy

36 vote(s)
    43.4%
  2. Legend of Zelda

47 vote(s)
    56.6%
  1. Hylian Active Member

Which franchise do you think is better?
    just wanted to know what u people think..

personally, i prefer zelda more, but i like them both :amuse

Tags:
  2. NinjaM ◥▶̸̱◀◤

Zelda x1000

Final Fantasy died off after 8 (which is the greatest one ever for those who don't realize)...

Zelda will always have what's considered the greatest game of all time. Ocarina of Time has the honor now, Twilight Princess will soon claim it.

3. Hagane no Renkinjutsushi Nigga, fuck yo couch!

I vote for Zelda. I hate those games where you have to take turns attacking your oponent..

Last edited: Oct 16, 2006
  4. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

*sits back with popcorn and awaits the wars to begin*

*votes zelda in the mean time although you cannot comepare an RPG to a Adventure/action game :oh*

5. mechaBD oh hi.

Legend of Zelda for sure. We go way back to the nes days. No series can beat the Legend of Zelda series in my book.

I have to much add for final fantasy games. All games after 7 I could only play halfway through and lose interest.

6. Aruarian Well-Known Member

You are retarded.

FF IX > VIII

7. botoman nande yanen

Aahh... Gonna go with Zelda. Like ipathskater420, Zelda was there for me during the NES days. Never had a chance to play any FF until years later (FF3(6)).

8. mr_yenz Lavender Raine

I like both. :oh

Though, I vote for LoZ because... SE cashes in on FF too much. >.>

9. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

It seems strange to group these two together.
    And stop lurking Cham. >D

10. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

If this was 10 or 11 years ago, I'd say FF, but since it's not, I'm gonna say Zelda.

You caught me THC >.< I just wanted to see how things went in here...honest :laugh

EDIT: And while this is a strange topic, I guess it's another outlet of Cloud vs Link, or just fame vs fame rather than keeping a battle within the genre.

11. Perverse Crow Black Harm

FF, you can't go past FFX. That game was an absolute classic.

12. Snakety69 Ding! Check Please

In terms of scale and epicness, they're pretty much equal in that sense. But I'm gonna have to side with Zelda, because I'm more of an Action/Adventure type a guy. Plus, no FF game has really been that enjoyable to me since Final Fantasy 7.

13. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

Cham how can you keep a battle within the genre when both genres are differant :oh

I think i will be a battle between Fame and how many Great titles in both lines. To be honest i have yet to play a Zelda that truely dissapointed me. In the FF series i have so thats a couple minuses there for Square.

both great franchies none the less though.

14. Astronaut Blaidd Drwg

Technically, they are BOTH adventure fantasy. >_>

15. Ssj3_Goku Hey dood!

If we want to get Technical about the Genre they are in well.

i have to look in my massive bookmarks for the links , FF is not catergorized as a adventure title either.

but at the core its an Action / Adventrue Genre.

16. D?j? Vu ಠ_ಠ

I'm gonna have to say Zelda.

No matter how much I try to like Final Fantasy, I can't. Everyone seems to like it but I really just can't get into it, I get bored trying to play it. I don't know why. It can't be because it's an RPG though, because I love Dragonquest. :confused

17. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Read and understand what I post before commenting on it SSJ (if not then ask). I didn't say that it was the same genre. The statement I made was showing that they are two different genres battling eachother through a subconscious cloud vs link issue, or possibly so.

I already know that Zelda is action adventure, while FF is a console rpg. I even said that in another thread asking that question.

Then you are a person that likes challenge. I also prefer Dragon Warrior/Quest to FF, but I like both in the end....just one more than the other.

18. Kurosaki Eyeshield 21 Ya-Ha!

For FF I liked for the most part all of them, but for Zelda I only liked A Link to the Past, The Minish Cap, and Ocarina of Time. Don't get me wrong they are both awesome series and all that, but I found I like the FF series more.

19. Mizura Meh

Well, I don't really play FF games or liked the games I tried so...

Whoa @ results. :blink

As for whether FF can be compared to Zelda, well... at least it isn't FF vs Mario? :blink (that'd be interesting to watch)

20. Rashman Leader of the Franchise

pfft i prefer final fantasy...i dont know why i just like final fantasy. but zelda aint bad.

21. Futagokage Runaway Kage

I go for Final Fantasy, because I really loved the FFVI and still think that is the best of the series. I also like Zelda a lot, but they are always over so soon.

22. Azure-kun Banned

..................................................zelda kicks more ass then FF......IMO...

23. Obvakhi Member

Final Fantasy.

I don't like playing the same character... saving the damsel in distress... over and over again

24. gabha GB's Norman

personally, i prefer ff more, but i like them both :amuse

25. Vegitto-kun HOMUHOMUHOMU

And final fantasy is always with either a overly bishie pussy character or a guy that is silent and has had a dramatic past, his town HAS to be attacked by some HUGE monster or explosions, his female love interest is always crappy in battle, its always the same too, also always the strong silent type character with either a huge sword or gun and so on

Zelda is my choice

final fantasy is highly overrated, and

No offense but that game is pretty much the worst final fantasy EVER :oh

26. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Yeah because Celes was so useless in FF6. I mean her rune unique skill was just so useless in the fact that it took care of so many spells. And lets not forget Terra. She was horrible. Especially when she went into her esper mode with great benefits. And don't forget Cecil in FF4. When his home town is attacked by that giant monster I was so unimpressed. And then when it happns again with Bartz in FF5, I was like "these guys are so unoriginal" and Bartz looked sooooo female. Then when Cloud's town is attacked by that large monster I was like "how many monsters are they gonna throw at us?"

But back to FF4. Geeze the strong silent type Kain....er wait not Kain, I mean...Cecil? No not Cecil...hmmmm Porom? Nooo Cid? Wait not him either....Edge? Damn I can't think of any strong silent types in that one....nor in 5 or 6 at all...besides Sabin...no he wasn't silent and neither was Edgar. I know 7 had one with Barret...wait Barret was always yacking at the lip, and Cid wasn't that quiet either. Vincent was hardly the strong type, but was kinda mysterious, but then again, he wasn't the main character. Wait.....come to think of it Celes' rune skill kicked ass, and Terra was a decent character without her esper skill, and with enough esper skill saved up she was uber. And Cecil's home town/castle didn't get taken in by some big monster....hmmm neither did Bartz or Cloud. Bartz was a wander and I think in Cloud's case that was Sephiroth, who wasn't really in a big monster form at all. He was kinda tall though. Does that count? :huh

I will admit that Cecil looked like a bitch though.
    ....so did Locke's character art >.>

27. Cardboard Jewsuke Draffut

I would, most literally, rather stick a fork in my eye then play FF VIII again. it was abysmal and the draw system was a disgrace to the series.

I voted Zelda, but i play both extensively...

But i have the new Zelda preordered, and i dont have FFXII preordered... thats what i went on.

28. Futagokage Runaway Kage

Play FFVI(No main character, there are many who fight the role), FFtactics (No love interest), FFIII & V(all characters have same chance to advance), Hey, look, your "Always Final fantasy" turn into FF IV (Rose really was weal), VII, VIII, IX and X.

But this is not our thread, focus people.

And What if Zelda is only about the same? For that reason it's Zelda, if the Story was about Yarrek, a boy who want to became a Jester and learn the Sage's way, looking for the Zelda's stone wich will help you, the game qould lack sense.

Is like the Shonen series, you know that the good guy is gonna win in the end, but you see it because the "how" is important. Yes maybe FF has been overrated a little by fans, but it still kept as the best RPG series (well, I prefer dragon quest, but generalizing).

This do not make Zelda a bad game, in fact is really great (my favorite in the Nintendo).

29. Mizura Meh

Uh, the thing about Zelda is that it's usually not really about the story anyway. :oh <- it's That simple folks!

30. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Well, Final Fantasy has had at least 9 games that were awesome. It wins by numbers alone.

Ignoring the numbers, FF has also had better music, better graphics, better stories, better characters, more unique gameplay elements, and better everything else.

I guess Zelda wins.